PDA

View Full Version : 8 Extinctions!? AA And Regular Cards Don't Count As The Same

Rendakor
04-25-2014, 10:33 AM
The client can't tell that an Alt-Art/Promo card is the same as it's regular version, so you can run 8 of them in your decks (4 AA, 4 Regular). You don't get any errors when saving, and I tested a few games to make sure it was playable. I'm assuming this isn't intended.

hex_colin
04-25-2014, 10:35 AM
The client can't tell that an Alt-Art/Promo card is the same as it's regular version, so you can run 8 of them in your decks (4 AA, 4 Regular). You don't get any errors when saving, and I tested a few games to make sure it was playable. I'm assuming this isn't intended.

Yeah, they already know about this bug. I think people found it with those pesky pack Raptors first!

Vorpal
04-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Congrats on finding this bug, which makes perfect sense (I imagine the card UIDs are different) and at the same time couldn't really have been discovered before now (no AA cards existed in our inventories yet, right?)

Good testing :)

Rendakor
04-25-2014, 10:39 AM
I felt bad for whoever I tested it against; he warned me that his deck wasn't great. I warned him that mine had 8 extinctions. He was not amused.

Rapkannibale
04-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Congrats on finding this bug, which makes perfect sense (I imagine the card UIDs are different) and at the same time couldn't really have been discovered before now (no AA cards existed in our inventories yet, right?)

Good testing :)

Yes and no. Should have been easy to find during internal testing. :) but then again they have so much on their mind that these things can fall through the cracks.

Lochar
04-25-2014, 02:32 PM
I felt bad for whoever I tested it against; he warned me that his deck wasn't great. I warned him that mine had 8 extinctions. He was not amused.

Where's my like button.

mudkip
04-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Yeah, they already know about this bug. I think people found it with those pesky pack Raptors first!

Yeah when I read this my first thought was raptors.

stiii
04-25-2014, 04:05 PM
I wonder if pack raptor is good when you can run 8.

Xenavire
04-25-2014, 04:09 PM
I wonder if pack raptor is good when you can run 8.

With the odds being better than 1/10 from the get go, and it increases to 11/57 after a single cast (which is approx 1/6), it would quickly become very troublesome, even against a lot of removal. With any good card draw, it would quickly become very oppressive.

So yes, I think 8 in a deck would be almost infinitely better than just 4.

Thrawn
04-25-2014, 04:41 PM
The odd part to me was that you can run 8 Ragefire and even though the deck builder must see the 4 and 4 as different cards, it still escalates all 8 cards in your deck every cast.

Yoss
04-25-2014, 10:14 PM
This was on the list of things that we expected they should test during Alpha, along with double-back, AH, and some other stuff. Oh well. Trial by fire I guess.

Jarric
04-26-2014, 05:51 PM
This was on the list of things that we expected they should test during Alpha, along with double-back, AH, and some other stuff. Oh well. Trial by fire I guess.

This is the part that kinda bothers me ... it was mentioned, and ignored ... The problem with Trial by Fire ... eventually everything gets burned.

Patrigan
04-27-2014, 10:15 AM
The odd part to me was that you can run 8 Ragefire and even though the deck builder must see the 4 and 4 as different cards, it still escalates all 8 cards in your deck every cast.

It doesn't do this for me. I played the original Ragefire and the AA version that I had in my hand stayed the same...

Xenavire
04-27-2014, 11:23 AM
It doesn't do this for me. I played the original Ragefire and the AA version that I had in my hand stayed the same...

Thats a display bug. A well known one in fact.

Patrigan
04-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Thats a display bug. A well known one in fact.

Right, didn't consider that it might be that. Didn't bother to play the second card to test it.