PDA

View Full Version : Only 1 starter deck for SB's?

Mathaw
04-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Seriously, I get to play with 1 deck?

Sometimes I think CZE are trying to annoy people.

When exactly will we be graced with the honour of receiving one of our primary rewards so we can start playing properly?

Was really excited to play this evening, gutted.

[Edit: Apologies for the passive aggressive tone. Disappointment is a kicker.]

GrinningBuddha
04-25-2014, 10:44 AM
Slacker Backers only get one starter deck. This has always been the case as far as I can remember. Only KS backers Squire and higher got all of them.

If you're talking about the 25 boosters as well, you have to enter the code you received in your email in the store's Redeem Code area.

Mathaw
04-25-2014, 10:49 AM
Slacker Backers only get one starter deck. This has always been the case as far as I can remember. Only KS backers Squire and higher got all of them.

If you're talking about the 25 boosters as well, you have to enter the code you received in your email in the store's Redeem Code area.

"1 Starter Deck (in addition to your free Starter Deck at account creation)" - https://hextcg.com/donate/

Otherwise it wouldn't be a 'reward', as every account will have 1 starter deck, it's a F2P game so would be tricky without any cards :)

But ye, KS backers got 2 extra starters, Slackers are missing one. Nice.

TJTaylor
04-25-2014, 10:52 AM
The additional starter for SBs isn't in yet. You'll get it later down the road.

Here is a list that explains what each tier gets now and what they get later: https://hextcg.com/hex-backer-rewards/

Miwa
04-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Did you restart after redeeming your code? The starters don't show up until you do...

Mathaw
04-25-2014, 10:55 AM
The additional starter for SBs isn't in yet. You'll get it later down the road.

Here is a list that explains what each tier gets now and what they get later: https://hextcg.com/hex-backer-rewards/

Why though? It's just aggravating. It's not like there's a shortage of cards, and it says nowhere at the POS that it'll be a 'delayed' reward, why would it be, and why would anyone expect it to be? Most of the white items on that list make sense, I don't expect PvE cards before PvE is available, but this is literally withholding available content I've paid for. I assume to get me to buy another starter… I see no other reason for it.

They're going out of their way to treat SB's as second class players, which is odd, and sucky; and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Did you restart after redeeming your code? The starters don't show up until you do...

Yea that only seems to work for KS tiers unfortunately, did give it a go.

Rendakor
04-25-2014, 11:01 AM
It was obviously going to be a delayed reward; you didn't get it as soon as you paid for it.

Daer
04-25-2014, 11:01 AM
They're literally going out of their way to treat SB's as second class players, which is odd, and sucky; and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

No they aren't. Every single tier besides slacker backer got all 4 starters, so they were just given 1 of each. They obviously don't have a way to select individual starters in the game yet (besides on account creation), since KS people also couldn't choose which starters they wanted. Once they do I'm sure all slacker backers will get their extra starter.

Xenavire
04-25-2014, 11:03 AM
There was a technical issue with that one, specific, reward. It will be added as soon as it is fixed. That simple.

Mahes
04-25-2014, 11:06 AM
I kind of understand what he is saying. Not sure what the reason is as to why SB's could not have gotten their starter deck but you get the free one and the Kickstarters got all of their starters. It does seem strange and so I will concede the argument and agree that it is indeed a warranted complaint.

Oh, they did post about the problem. Ok, that explains it then.

Mathaw
04-25-2014, 11:07 AM
There was a technical issue with that one, specific, reward. It will be added as soon as it is fixed. That simple.

Ok at least there's some explanation for it - thanks Xen! In true CZE fashion I'm informed by a forum member. Such is the CZE way!

No they aren't. Every single tier besides slacker backer got all 4 starters, so they were just given 1 of each. They obviously don't have a way to select individual starters in the game yet (besides on account creation), since KS people also couldn't choose which starters they wanted. Once they do I'm sure all slacker backers will get their extra starter.

Wait. So They gave all the KS backers all 4 decks because of the bug, but left Slackers with 1 deck, and you refute that we're being treated as second class players? :)

Kami
04-25-2014, 11:08 AM
I should also note they've already buffed the SB tier at least once.

Barkam
04-25-2014, 11:08 AM
I believe the Free Starter Deck will be given once they setup non-tradable decks. They don't want people to open a million free accounts to farm cards from the free starter decks.

Barkam
04-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Wait. So They gave all the KS backers all 4 decks because of the bug, but left Slackers with 1 deck, and you refute that we're being treated as second class players? :)

It is not a bug.

TJTaylor
04-25-2014, 11:09 AM
I don't know. I agree with you that it seems odd CZE can't provide the extra starter to SBs but I do believe there must be a good reason for it. Simply denying it just to deny it to slacker backers doesn't fall in line with CZE's fan's first attitude that they have displayed time and again. There must be a reasonable explanation.

Why though? It's just aggravating. It's not like there's a shortage of cards, and it says nowhere at the POS that it'll be a 'delayed' reward, why would it be, and why would anyone expect it to be? Most of the white items on that list make sense, I don't expect PvE cards before PvE is available, but this is literally withholding available content I've paid for. I assume to get me to buy another starter… I see no other reason for it.

They're going out of their way to treat SB's as second class players, which is odd, and sucky; and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Yea that only seems to work for KS tiers unfortunately, did give it a go.

Mathaw
04-25-2014, 11:11 AM
I should also note they've already buffed the SB tier at least once.

When? It's the same as when I bought in and that was only just after the KS closed (I was unlucky :( )

It is not a bug.

True, poor wording for the sake of clarity, but doesn't effect the crux of the statement :)

'lack of feature'

I believe the Free Starter Deck will be given once they setup non-tradable decks. They don't want people to open a million free accounts to farm cards from the free starter decks.

Wouldn't that be tricky considering there's no way to start a new account?

Barkam
04-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Wouldn't that be tricky considering there's no way to start a new account?

Not really. They will just give everyone the non-tradable deck once it is available. This can be done through the token system to redeem the non-tradable deck of choice.

Rendakor
04-25-2014, 11:16 AM
Per HexRex in chat last night, the cards in our free starter decks are already flagged as No Trade, we just can't see it yet.

Mathaw
04-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Not really. They will just give everyone the non-tradable deck once it is available. This can be done through the token system to redeem the non-tradable deck of choice.

Missed my point. People can't create free accounts to farm non-tradable cards because at present there is no way to create a free account. (unless there is and I missed something, in which case I concede that's a far more valid point)

---

Anyways. As a summary it seems there is more to it than my hot-head had assumed. However I still think it's a bit crummy. If CZE could only give out all 4 starters or only 1 starter, then all the closed beta accounts should have gotten 1 or 4 starters - 1 starter is too limited to even bother with IMO (I'm holding onto my boosters for draft), so my account is pretty useless at the mo - wish I could still use the alpha :p

PetyrBaelish
04-25-2014, 01:19 PM
I think it has to do with having to pick the deck which doesnt seem to be an option in game. Maybe they should give out a free deck token so SB tier can pick the deck from the store. Us as KS backers didnt get to pick the decks we just got one of each.

GrinningBuddha
04-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Ah, I forgot we got an extra starter deck with SB. Bonus! I wonder if it's going to be a choice from the 4 that are out now or one that may be out later. In any event, every tier of backer is waiting on rewards still, so it's not like they're singling out Slacker Backers. All in due time.

Kami
04-25-2014, 01:41 PM
When? It's the same as when I bought in and that was only just after the KS closed (I was unlucky :( )

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/543959 - That was the first time.

I don't remember off-hand the other times, if any.