PDA

View Full Version : Booster Pack opening bug

Meshed
04-25-2014, 12:03 PM
I noticed that about 3 out of 10 booster packs will open but will not show me the cards, the rare or legendary, or the chest. At first I thought this was because I was clicking the rare card right away, but I have experienced this without interacting with the UI too. It looks like the cards twitch for a second but don't actually flip over.

Rendakor
04-25-2014, 12:06 PM
If the packs are being consumed then you're still getting your cards; if not, then it's just the server being wonky.

nicosharp
04-25-2014, 12:19 PM
This happened to a friend and myself as well. Its a visual bug. The cards won't flip and you have to exit out. You still get the cards and the chest, but you don't get to see them during the opening.

I found that if I click a bunch after dragging a pack over it usually bugs the cards out from flipping over, and freezes the screen so to speak. The only way out is to click on the top left exit button.

Vorpal
04-25-2014, 12:21 PM
The only time I have had cards not flip it was because the pack hadn't actually opened. I exited and looked at my pack total and it was unchanged.

Turtlewing
04-25-2014, 12:23 PM
I've seen this. I was still able to see the tooltip for most cards by mousing over them, and did confirm that I got the cards.

DanTheMeek
04-25-2014, 12:50 PM
This has been happening to me on almost every other pack I open, I don't know if it has to do with the server being over whelmed or if its just a totally random bug, but I admit it can be rather annoying since even with the mouse over you can't find out what your rare or legendary was. As far as I can tell I've never not gotten the cards I was supposed to, but I haven't written down a list of exactly what I had previously to compare it to either so its possible I've been jipped out of a few rares, uncommons, or commons and just have no way of proving it. I was assured by HexRex though that I was getting everything, and I can say for sure when my one and only legendary I pulled from a pack didn't flip, that I did have an additional legendary in my card manager that wasn't there before.

Part of me wishes there was some compensation for this, whether I'm actually losing cards or not, since it is pretty bothersome that I'm missing out one of the best parts of the experience of getting new cards, the pack opening process, and its no longer free packs from alpha but ones I actually spent real money on, but obviously my desire to open packs was greater then my annoyance with the packs being hidden since I kept opening more.

Kroan
04-25-2014, 12:54 PM
You don't lose the cards if this happened. I checked multiple times when it happened to me. Asking for compensation is a bit much to ask for. Just stop opening boosters until this is fixed tbh if you're so concerned by it.

Xenavire
04-25-2014, 01:44 PM
This has been happening to me on almost every other pack I open, I don't know if it has to do with the server being over whelmed or if its just a totally random bug, but I admit it can be rather annoying since even with the mouse over you can't find out what your rare or legendary was. As far as I can tell I've never not gotten the cards I was supposed to, but I haven't written down a list of exactly what I had previously to compare it to either so its possible I've been jipped out of a few rares, uncommons, or commons and just have no way of proving it. I was assured by HexRex though that I was getting everything, and I can say for sure when my one and only legendary I pulled from a pack didn't flip, that I did have an additional legendary in my card manager that wasn't there before.

Part of me wishes there was some compensation for this, whether I'm actually losing cards or not, since it is pretty bothersome that I'm missing out one of the best parts of the experience of getting new cards, the pack opening process, and its no longer free packs from alpha but ones I actually spent real money on, but obviously my desire to open packs was greater then my annoyance with the packs being hidden since I kept opening more.

I did check. Every time. Nothing lost. Devs confirm that it is a display only issue.

Liokae
04-25-2014, 04:15 PM
You still get the cards- but you have to dig through your collection and hunt for a difference to actually find out what your rare/legendary is. The tooltip doesn't display the card like it does for commons/uncommons, and since you can't flip it, it doesn't show at all. Only a minor annoyance for the low level cards, but not being able to see what your rare card is when you open the pack is not a trivial issue.

DanTheMeek
04-25-2014, 08:42 PM
You don't lose the cards if this happened. I checked multiple times when it happened to me. Asking for compensation is a bit much to ask for. Just stop opening boosters until this is fixed tbh if you're so concerned by it.

I think the issue, and one I suspect CZE is seeing a lot of right now with complaints, is that issues during an alpha are much easier to hand wave away, because you know its an alpha. Issues during a beta where there is no-monetization is again, maybe not the best taste in some peoples mouths, but still something most would over look because it is NOT a finished product and they did not pay money for anything yet. HOWEVER, once you start charging for things, once you start dealing with good that cost the consumer real money, everything changes. This is especially true when it comes to things you can't ever get back, like the experience of opening a pack and seeing the big reveal of what was inside.

Perhaps a reasonable, if not perfect, analogy would be if I went to a burger joint and they told me "hey we've having trainees make the burgers, since its purely for learning we're giving them out for free but obviously be aware they are in training so these will not be perfect". If I am then given a bruger horribly wrapped with the ketchup all over the inside of my bag, I'm not going to be upset cause I knew coming in it wasn't going to be perfect AND I didn't pay a dime for it.

Now consider that I come to the grand opening of a burger shop, its there first day so you know lines will be long, but your really hungry and you tried one of their burgers during a free taste test before hand so you know they're really tasty, so you wait in the long line and thrown down your money. You then walk away, open your bag, and find that half the burgers look like they were wrapped by a 4 year old, and the contents of your burger has gotten all over the bag. You work through the muck and fish out the burger and... it still tastes great, but you're probably not going to be too happy that it was so poorly wrapped. Some people might just shrug it off and move on, others might demand their money back. Me, I'm probably in the former group, as long as the burger was still prepared correctly and tasted good, the inconvience of getting my hand covered in ketch up while I fished out the burger is something I can live with, just as the inconvience the pack opening glitch has caused is something I can live with and not something I'm demanding any sort of refund for. Having said that, if a manager saw how poorly my burger was wrapped and stopped me on the way out to appologize and give me a coupon for a free fries with my next purchase, it certainly would be well received and dramatically increase the odds of my spending my money at that burger joint again next time I'm hungry.

So long story short, I'm not saying players who are experiencing this glitch deserve compensation, just as I don't think anyone necessarily deserves compensation for all the missed opportunity to participate in tournaments since beta went live (unless it goes over a week and players lose one of their free draft tokens), and I assure you if I get none I'll lose no sleep over it, but it did absolutely suck that both it happened, and it would certainly endear me more to the game and company if something was done to make it up to their players. Not required by any stretch, but it is an opportunity to turn some sour grapes into delicious wine.

Gwaer
04-25-2014, 08:56 PM
I know plenty of people who would complain about a free burger, especially on this forum lately.

DanTheMeek
04-25-2014, 09:24 PM
I know plenty of people who would complain about a free burger, especially on this forum lately.

Ha, touche', though I still say this forum is largely far more civil and positive then most I frequent.

Motjida
05-21-2014, 03:49 AM
I have the same problem with EVERY booster pack I open, no cards, no tooltip, no nothing.
I realise I get the cards, but it would be really nice if I knew which cards I got.

Because of this I no longer open single boosters, I have to open 2+ at a time to get the other window that works perfectly.

ossuary
05-21-2014, 04:42 AM
Your burger analogy also doesn't work, because this is not the grand opening. By your description, the burger flippers have been trained, but this is the first day the fryer has actually been turned on in the real restaurant (previously, they were using a test fryer in the training kitchen), so they're still getting used to how all the real equipment works. You got your burger, and all the pieces that are supposed to be in it are there, but you couldn't see the pickles because they put them under the burger patty instead of on top of it - and you're asking for some kind of compensation because, even though you GOT your pickles, you couldn't see them at first.