PDA

View Full Version : 4/25/14 Inventory Showed Incorrect Amount of Packs

Zomnivore
04-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Hello I logged in today and saw that I had 173 packs in my inventory.

I should've had either 85 or 86.

I opened one, and then re-logged

Can you check if that pulled a pack out of my original 85-86 or if it pulled it out of the void?

Can you then reapply a pack to my account. Thanks!

Either way its a pretty big bug.

DionyzRex
04-25-2014, 01:40 PM
The "extra" packs are a known display issue. Any packs you open came directly from your "real" packs.

Zomnivore
04-25-2014, 02:57 PM
There's no way to know what kind of bug it is before opening the pack, so to test it, I opened it.

You can take the cards back I don't care but, I'd like the pack back.

If thats impossible ok, but such bummer, much wow.

GPrime
04-25-2014, 09:15 PM
It would probably be helpful for someone with only one pack remaining to try this. Trigger the bug, then open more packs than you should be able to. Record results.

If the pack-opening tally reports that you have packs but the server knows you don't, what happens?

Saeijou
04-25-2014, 09:44 PM
Yeah... provoke bugs! sounds like... a good idea... /sarcasm_off

GPrime
04-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Absolutely is a good idea. The more we break the game now the sturdier it'll be when the general public is playing it. =)

EntropyBall
04-27-2014, 07:25 PM
This is a really crappy bug. A friend of mine redeemed his codes, saw he had a bunch of packs (he has not tracked the progress of Hex at all and was logging in for only the 2nd time) and opened half of them, figuring he would save the other half of the packs for drafting. Sure enough, he got down to his last set of "Open 10 packs" and got some sort of error. Now I see this thread and I guess he has less than 10 packs left for draft. I hope there was a super awesome reason for not testing any of this code redemption in alpha.

Niedar
04-27-2014, 09:18 PM
This is a really crappy bug. A friend of mine redeemed his codes, saw he had a bunch of packs (he has not tracked the progress of Hex at all and was logging in for only the 2nd time) and opened half of them, figuring he would save the other half of the packs for drafting. Sure enough, he got down to his last set of "Open 10 packs" and got some sort of error. Now I see this thread and I guess he has less than 10 packs left for draft. I hope there was a super awesome reason for not testing any of this code redemption in alpha.

You should probably tell him to send in a ticket stating what happened and asking if he can just get all his boosters back and they remove the cards he opened. See what happens.

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 02:18 AM
Entropy, it wasn't a code redemption bug. And your friend should have checked how many packs he was owed, then come and made a bug thread.

Just desserts.

dwebber88
04-28-2014, 08:09 AM
Absolutely is a good idea. The more we break the game now the sturdier it'll be when the general public is playing it. =)

This.

Well, dont try to break, but do find bugs. The game is very much breakable at this moment :)

EntropyBall
04-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Entropy, it wasn't a code redemption bug. And your friend should have checked how many packs he was owed, then come and made a bug thread.

Just desserts.

He backed the game in the KS, then didn't pay attn to it until beta, and had no idea how many packs he was getting. Why should he have assumed the game was showing him an incorrect number of packs and then cross-checked it on a forum?

Anyway, I think I know what is causing this bug. I think he was seeing my unopened packs and chests on his account because we had both logged in using the same computer, and he had logged in after me.

I had logged in to my account and redeemed my codes, so I had 155 packs and 3 legendary chests. We were at another friend's house, I gave him my laptop to log in to his account and then had to immediately leave to go get my kids. When I got back he had this problem, and relogging didn't fix it. When he got home, he saw he had 155 fewer packs left and 3 fewer legendary chests.

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 12:04 PM
He backed the game in the KS, then didn't pay attn to it until beta, and had no idea how many packs he was getting. Why should he have assumed the game was showing him an incorrect number of packs and then cross-checked it on a forum?

Anyway, I think I know what is causing this bug. I think he was seeing my unopened packs and chests on his account because we had both logged in using the same computer, and he had logged in after me.

I had logged in to my account and redeemed my codes, so I had 155 packs and 3 legendary chests. We were at another friend's house, I gave him my laptop to log in to his account and then had to immediately leave to go get my kids. When I got back he had this problem, and relogging didn't fix it. When he got home, he saw he had 155 fewer packs left and 3 fewer legendary chests.

My point was that everyone should ALWAYS check what they are owed before using any of it. A failure to use common sense does mean he is mostly to blame.

It doesn't help that there was a display bug, but going into beta, you should never take anything at face value - you should always test it first.

At least he didn't actually lose anything - he just needs to replace those packs manually if he wants to draft. Selling singles might just do the job and then some.