PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions - anyone waiting on the Beta and what to do with all those packs?

FJ_JJ
04-25-2014, 02:17 PM
So I experienced the Alpha, though I wish I had been able to play more now that it is over. I have not yet tried to log onto the Beta, but in reading the posts, I am wondering if people are waiting to get on the Beta until things become a little more stable? I would like to get on and play, but some of the things people are saying are making me nervous.

Also (this may sound funny, but I am new to this so please forgive me) what are people doing with their packs? I am a King backer, and so I was wondering what a good strategy may be for the packs? I thought about opening some to make constructed decks and saving some for drafts and tournaments - what are others people doing?

Thanks!

Xenavire
04-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Right now, games seem stable, and all the features except tournaments are working normally. The stability has improved a lot already.

If you are excited to go, I would start now. If you feel like waiting, then wait. You won't miss out on anything. Although, be aware of what you are meant to get from your code - I am missing sleeves (opened a ticket) and I am a king as well. Everything else arrived normally (after a relog.)

As for packs? Open a few, draft some when its open. Have fun pack fights versus friends! They are a lot of fun to open, look out, its addicting. :D

Mejis
04-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Just get in and play, what's the worst that's gonna happen? ;)

At the moment all you can play is against the AI or challenging people (I think), so if you just want to play with your starter deck then do that. You don't have to spend any more or open any packs.
But re: the latter, I've opened some of mine to increase my collection, but saving a lot for draft and will probably only do draft when I know it's been stable for ages.