PDA

View Full Version : Is Gameforge working?

Wystii
04-25-2014, 04:00 PM
So, I'm trying to raise a support ticket in gameforge. It wouldn't accept my Kayako registration and so I registered at gameforge... yesterday. I still haven't received a confirmation email and yes, I have checked my spam folder. (I thought this was an automated process, so it should have happened no matter how busy the People were.)

I can't ask for help there with this because I can't login to submit a ticket or find a "resend confirmation" button which some sites have without an activated account which I can't have unless I get that confirmation email that I didn't get.

This is doing my head in. The ticket I want to submit involves a mistake I made while claiming my kickstarter codes. (AND getting a second email set up, changing password etc, as told to do in the BETA Primer but not as important to me as getting my claim issue sorted.) I'm happy to wait for people, I realise everyone is busy and that I'm not likely to get a response from a person for days, even weeks but I can at least get the process started, right? I can't start anything without logging in, which I... etc.

I know ANZAC day is not a public holiday in the US or Iceland and the workday PST shouldn't quite be over yet. So the weekend hasn't started. Even then the generation of an automatic confirmation email shouldn't depend on business day hours, should it?

So I registered a second email this morning during PST business hours incase there was a glitch yesterday. It's been over a hour and still no confirmation email. Where are we supposed to go for support when the support site ignores us?

Quasari
04-25-2014, 04:45 PM
@Djbousquet Our CS team of Worker Bots just got new tools, and there was a small bug with them. Should be cleared up by Monday.
From @HexTCG

Apparently, they are having problems with their support software.

Wystii
04-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Ahhhh... sigh. Thanks. Will wait till M... Tuesday, then.

Shinjo
04-27-2014, 07:43 AM
The process for account creation on the forums should be complete automatic. I've heard in the past that some people did not receive an email on the account creation process for some reason. In this situation, try with another email address and see if you receive an email then, it may solve the issue.

Wystii
04-30-2014, 02:44 AM
I had no problems with registration in the forum.

I am trying to register for the Gameforge Support. I tried with two different emails last week. Tried again yesterday. Tried again an hour ago with a third different email. I haven't received a single confirmation email for any of my registration attempts yet. I'm hoping it's just because there as still worker bot issues. Otherwise, who should I write to to get support for Hex support registration.

I actually didn't have an issue with Gameforge as a new "partner" for Hex until they refused to acknowledge my existance.

Gwaer
04-30-2014, 02:51 AM
What website are you trying to sign up at?

Lixil
04-30-2014, 04:01 AM
I just registered on support with three different accounts and I got my mail immediately http://prntscr.com/3et466 <- as you can see there

I had problem before with yahoo mail tho :/ gmail, hotmail works fine.. and maybe you're just using wrong thing o.O''
http://support.hex.gameforge.com/index.php?action=reg&opt=new <- that's the link for registration

Wystii
04-30-2014, 08:14 AM
Sigh.... It looked like the same site I was using before... I got that link from the beta primer.

Anyway, tried the new link, but still no email. I don't really want to use my gmail account because my hex emails are not with that email. The cryptozoic spport accepted my isp email fine, with no issue.

Will try using a gmail account now.

Wystii
04-30-2014, 08:14 AM
"What website are you trying to sign up at?"

Gameforge support...

Wystii
04-30-2014, 08:48 AM
Thanks Lixil! Gmail works. hopefully they can solve my issues.

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 09:32 AM

Good luck :) I had mine answered pretty quickly, but you should keep in mind that if you need account details swapped around, it might not be possible right at this moment due to some bugs. But you managed to get the ticket submitted, which will help immensely.

Lixil
04-30-2014, 12:43 PM

Np :) good luck hope will be ok ^^

Wystii
05-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Sad... so sad... my email issues which are now support tickets thanks to my gmail sign up are still unresolved. Gameforge claims it's my ISP. My ISP help technician claims it's Gameforge's servers. So I google and browse Gameforge vs Iinet and find in Gameforge's forums that apparently their ISP has issues with half the internet suppliers in Australia... Now that was a few years ago and hopefully those issues have been solved by now.

My ongoing email issues are worrying that they might not be. As a Grandking supporter, I would be devastated if lag and blocked server issues in Australia is the 'few sacrificed for the global good' thing that Cory mentioned in his Managing Hex thread. After all this time to find out that the end result of this much anticipated game might not be playable where I live is so sad.

Don't be too upset with my grumble. I'm just expressing my great sadness at this development.

I was considering creating new gmail accounts just for hex, but if it's an ISP issue, then access to my accounts to change my passwords won't make the game anymore playable. *sigh* I've spent the money on the kickstarter, played the Alpha, was really really looking forward to the PVE content and had even worked my courage up to play the drafts.

So sad that it might not happen here. At this moment I'm feeling so betrayed.

Ummmm... How do I close this thread? There's not much point to it anymore. Either my issues get resolved by Gameforge or they don't.

Mejis
05-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Sad... so sad... my email issues which are now support tickets thanks to my gmail sign up are still unresolved. Gameforge claims it's my ISP. My ISP help technician claims it's Gameforge's servers. So I google and browse Gameforge vs Iinet and find in Gameforge's forums that apparently their ISP has issues with half the internet suppliers in Australia... Now that was a few years ago and hopefully those issues have been solved by now.

My ongoing email issues are worrying that they might not be. As a Grandking supporter, I would be devastated if lag and blocked server issues in Australia is the 'few sacrificed for the global good' thing that Cory mentioned in his Managing Hex thread. After all this time to find out that the end result of this much anticipated game might not be playable where I live is so sad.

Don't be too upset with my grumble. I'm just expressing my great sadness at this development.

I was considering creating new gmail accounts just for hex, but if it's an ISP issue, then access to my accounts to change my passwords won't make the game anymore playable. *sigh* I've spent the money on the kickstarter, played the Alpha, was really really looking forward to the PVE content and had even worked my courage up to play the drafts.

So sad that it might not happen here. At this moment I'm feeling so betrayed.

Ummmm... How do I close this thread? There's not much point to it anymore. Either my issues get resolved by Gameforge or they don't.

I'm with iiNet and I've never had any trouble playing HEX. I know that's not what is being discussed here (Gameforge support), but surely for the game itself iiNet won't be an issue?

Arminace
05-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Just give them time. They are working.

From my last tickets the average answer time was approx 26h+.
And the longes was something about 7 days. I know its hard but be patient.

Wystii
05-08-2014, 04:25 AM
Just give them time. They are working.

From my last tickets the average answer time was approx 26h+.
And the longes was something about 7 days. I know its hard but be patient.

*chuckles* my tickets started on 30th April... I'm on Day 8 and trying for the record. I'm happy to wait, no issue as long as it gets fixed in the end. I've had responses and answers but if the problem still exists, it's not fixed.

It's just that when they start saying stuff like, we fixed the technical issue, try again. And it doesn't work when I do. Then they say, your ISP has blacklisted us... I think, "bull****". But I check with my ISP and they say, "We tested your email, and there's nothing wrong. You're getting everyone elses' emails. It must be their server." That's when I feel like crying because I can just see it bouncing back and forth for months.

BUT I'll wait and see. I'll be a happy camper when... if it all gets resolved.

I will admit that one of my issues was fixed, but it had nothing to do with my email issues.

Wystii
05-08-2014, 04:48 AM
I'm with iiNet and I've never had any trouble playing HEX. I know that's not what is being discussed here (Gameforge support), but surely for the game itself iiNet won't be an issue?

I don't really have problems playing Hex... didn't manage to complete a tournament in Alpha, though and haven't tried in beta. But, are we not on the brand new Gameforge server which isn't the same as the one from Alpha?

Cryptozoic support didn't have any issues with my iinet email.

What it also means is that I can't change my Hex Account Password. They changed my invalid email to a valid one, unfortunately it was also an iinet email which I couldn't validate because I didn't get the validation email. (After they supposedly fixed their technical issue with their email server.)

Hopefully, it will be playable or at least the PVE will be playable (have my fingers and toes crossed). I worry about the time factor in tournaments and lag issues, but that's neither here nor there at this point in time. I'm just not very confident of a good outcome right now, is all. Personally, I don't think IiNet is the problem at all... it's not with every other game I play. This is my first experience with Gameforge and as far as first impressions go... ickky!

Badmoonz
05-08-2014, 06:18 AM
Day 22 here. Typically it takes them about 48 hours to respond, and that response is usually "I am sorry we are busy right now". Then you have to wait another 48 hours and hope they solve the problem correctly. Otherwise you might have to wait another set of two 48 hours for another meaningful response. Also they don't work on weekends.

Wystii
05-10-2014, 03:48 AM
*nod nod nod* I've been getting one reply a week with no fix for email issue yet. I am very tempted to write them off being able to fix my email issue and just create new gmail accounts for the game.

CoS
05-10-2014, 09:46 AM
I am trying to great an "account" to submit a ticket. Nothing. Neither of the emails that I backed with work. I am just trying to consolidate my pledge tiers... What gives!?!? I have screen shots of the transaction IDs.

Wystii
05-12-2014, 11:18 PM
I am trying to great an "account" to submit a ticket. Nothing. Neither of the emails that I backed with work. I am just trying to consolidate my pledge tiers... What gives!?!? I have screen shots of the transaction IDs.

Try using either a gmail or hotmail email for signing up with gamefroge support. Then the tickets ask which account the problem is with and you can mention the actual email/account in there.

There are some ISPs that they simply cannot email to. Apparently Yahoo emails don't work for them either as mentioned earlier in this thread. I eventually gave up and changed all my account emails to gmail ones just so that I could change my passwords without having to raise support tickets for it.

Good Luck with your ticket!