PDA

View Full Version : The Hex Art Book

f5shooter
04-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Can I be the first one to say... "Whatever CZE is paying Filip Acovic for his artwork.... please don't stop."

His stuff is amazing! Although my favorite work is the dragon burning the knight by Skysoul Art House, everything the Filip guy has in the book is simply amazing!

Ebynfel
04-25-2014, 11:00 PM
I dream of being anywhere near that good someday. But I try
http://ebynfel.deviantart.com/art/The-White-Wolf-450138484?ga_submit_new=10%253A1398491427

As yo ucan see, I've a ways to go

Malakili
04-26-2014, 12:09 PM
Speaking of which, how do we view the art book.. It is probably obvious and I'm just an idiot.

Gwaer
04-26-2014, 12:15 PM
A link was in the email you received with your beta codes.

Cory_Jones
04-26-2014, 12:15 PM
There is a link in the beta email to download it

Malakili
04-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Thanks.

Hibbert
04-26-2014, 05:10 PM
One thing I really enjoyed about the book(and artwork in Hex in general), is the variety of styles. I think MtG really lost something when WotC standardized the artwork. With the new Magic sets, it can be hard to tell the artists apart. Hex reminds me much more of the early days of MtG, when you might see a card as bizarre as Stasis or Time Walk.

My one complaint with the art book is I was hoping to see more of the style sheets, like the one Cory posted for the Elves in his blog. That was really interesting, and I'd love to see the "rules" for the other races.

Ebynfel
04-26-2014, 09:54 PM
One thing I really enjoyed about the book(and artwork in Hex in general), is the variety of styles. I think MtG really lost something when WotC standardized the artwork. With the new Magic sets, it can be hard to tell the artists apart. Hex reminds me much more of the early days of MtG, when you might see a card as bizarre as Stasis or Time Walk.

My one complaint with the art book is I was hoping to see more of the style sheets, like the one Cory posted for the Elves in his blog. That was really interesting, and I'd love to see the "rules" for the other races.

I hear you on that one. I was kind of hoping the artbook would contain the style guides for the races so far, if for no other reason than to further my own understanding for fanart.

Gorgol
04-27-2014, 12:44 AM
I hear you on that one. I was kind of hoping the artbook would contain the style guides for the races so far, if for no other reason than to further my own understanding for fanart.

Yeah, after seeing the one in Cory's blog, I was all excited to see more, and then was left slightly disappointed. I love the Art book for what it is, just not as much as I could have.

Gwaer
04-27-2014, 12:48 AM
If they're ever selling a large glossy print hardback I'd buy one, probably needs considerably more art/fluff to be a full size coffee table book, but I'd pay a great deal for it.

UDareUTake
04-27-2014, 12:58 AM
Large Glossy print hardback Normal Edition
Large Glossy print hardback Special Signed Limited Edition (Signed by Cory and the staffs behind Hex)

Bye bye wallet~

Khazrakh
04-27-2014, 01:25 AM
If they're ever selling a large glossy print hardback I'd buy one, probably needs considerably more art/fluff to be a full size coffee table book, but I'd pay a great deal for it.

Same here, I'd love go get a physical copy!

self1sch
04-27-2014, 02:26 AM
Same here, I'd love go get a physical copy!

agreed, the artwork is amazing *__*

Mejis
04-27-2014, 05:38 AM
Yeah, thumbs up on the book, and great to be able to see the artist names.

Filip Acovic really stands out to me as some of the best in there, but as has been mentioned it is lovely to see such variety in the artwork.

Zomnivore
04-27-2014, 03:38 PM
If they did a physical edition I'd want even more of the art examined in even more detail though!

Love the art, would love to hear any sort of comments from the artists themselves on their favorites...

Lots of room for growth in this area later too.

I could see a serialized art book if they do well enough.