PDA

View Full Version : ETA on tournaments?

Kuzimo
04-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Can we get some kind of ETA on tournaments please. Is it gonna be a few days? A few weeks? A few months? There is really nothing to do in the game currently until this is fixed, i see no reason to open any packs if there's no tournaments to play in.

Quasari
04-25-2014, 06:36 PM
Soon. Hopefully tomorrow. They've been testing the tourneys recently with staff queues so hopefully they get it stable.

Kuzimo
04-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Hope your right Quasari. Lots of ppl haven't played even one game since beta launched.

mudkip
04-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Exactly! I'm pretty drunk - perfectly in the mood for some draft, but unfortunately my buzz is going to waste. I'm sorry, people whom I would basically give away first round with my "awesome" blood deck that has no murders. Also my give-away sapphire decks that have no flyers. Fun times in alpha :(

Kuzimo
04-25-2014, 06:58 PM
If they cant get the tournaments up and running soon might be a good plan to let us play with all the cards again just for fun in PG. Ppl are gonna start losing interest if all they got to do is play with their starter decks, that's about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Quasari
04-25-2014, 07:00 PM
If they cant get the tournaments up and running soon might be a good plan to let us play with all the cards again just for fun in PG. Ppl are gonna start losing interest if all they got to do is play with their starter decks, that's about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Well you can do some fun stuff with mixing stuff from the starter decks.

DanTheMeek
04-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Coming from my own software company background, I can say its impossible for anyone to give a hard time or date at this point, because even if they tell us how long they plan on spending in testing... if it fails testing it could take longer. I had a customer the other day pressing me for an ETA on a bug fix and I regretting telling him the new firmware was finished and in testing... because it did not pass testing and we had to work on another firmware which pushed back the fix even further.

Having said that, there is a fine line between not setting false expectations and being too closed on whats happening. That is to say, I also find customers appreciate when your upfront about the status, even if you have to repeatedly emphasize "this is when we HOPE it will be ready but I make no promises", which is what I did do with that customer, and is why I'm glad we're at least aware that tournaments are in the testing phase even if they can't tell us when the testing might end.

Ali3nSan
04-25-2014, 07:07 PM
If they don't come up this weekend, I do hope we can get 5000g to spin some chests while we wait :D

Kuzimo
04-25-2014, 07:11 PM
If they don't come up this weekend, I do hope we can get 5000g to spin some chests while we wait :D

That would motivate me to open some packs, and maybe even to buy some more.

mach
04-25-2014, 07:23 PM
I don't think it's just a matter of getting tournaments working. There's also some bugs which really should be fixed before they switch tournaments on again, such as the one which allows you to have more than 4 of a card in your deck.

Rendakor
04-25-2014, 07:27 PM
That's only relevant for constructed; no reason to hold back sealed and draft.

Kuzimo
04-25-2014, 07:33 PM
I don't think it's just a matter of getting tournaments working. There's also some bugs which really should be fixed before they switch tournaments on again, such as the one which allows you to have more than 4 of a card in your deck.

Well in draft we can play as many copies of the same card as we want. I didn't realize that there was an issue with that in constructed, but if there is then yes that deff has to get fixed before hand...but since it wasn't an issue in alpha seems like they should know how to fix it.

Rendakor
04-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Its an issue with alt art cards, which weren't in alpha.

SilverDirewolf
04-25-2014, 09:21 PM
I think it's more of stability issue though, 3 or 4 out of maybe 10 games I've played in Beta have froze. I'd prefer that to be fixed before I start dropping money in tournaments.

Saeijou
04-25-2014, 09:49 PM
It's too bad that they took the alpha servers down before starting the beta. :-/