PDA

View Full Version : Negative Minion Health Bug?

GatticusFinch
04-26-2014, 08:49 PM
I had an interesting occurrence recently.

I play a Shadow Grove Witch, and it reveals my opponents High Tomb Lord, the card that enters play at 0/0 and gets +1/+1 for each minion in graveyards. The Witch procs, it turns the card into -2/-2. Next turn, opponent plays it. It enters play at -2/-2.

At this point, shouldn't the card resolve to death in the graveyard? Instead, it became +13/+13, which is -2/-2 from the 15 graveyard minions. Is that a bug or working as intended? If it is the latter, that seems...not right. The effect can't proc until it enters play, and if it enters play dead, it should go to the graveyard, right?

QuantumZeruul
04-26-2014, 09:05 PM
That is the way it has been working. It's not a proc, but a state. In this instance, the Tomb Lord's health and attack state was the number of cards in the Graveyard -2. Any time another card enters or is removed from a Graveyard, the Tomb Lord will update immediately. If it did not check until after entering play, the fact of entering play would kill the card since it starts at 0/0.

ossuary
04-26-2014, 09:33 PM
This is working as intended. Its attack and defense modification ability is a Continuous Effect (CE). These are always active when the card is in play. If it didn't receive the boost from its ability immediately on being cast, it would instantly die no matter how many cards you had in your graveyard. It doesn't count as a 0/0 (or -2/-2 in this case) until an actual state check takes place, and this doesn't happen until its CE is already active.