PDA

View Full Version : Is there a chance to ever get those reward tiers after I missed the KS?

ZeroXMana
04-26-2014, 09:32 PM
I am just wondering if there will be a chance to ever get any of those KS reward tiers through some method. Looking at the reward tier I could have easily gave $250, but didn't know about this game until it was too late...

Kami
04-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Unfortunately no. That ship has sailed.

Daer
04-26-2014, 09:35 PM
No.

CZE might do something with the KS tiers they refunded but realistically no.

ossuary
04-26-2014, 09:37 PM
No. Never.

Yoss
04-26-2014, 09:39 PM
Yes, but not on these forums. You'll have to search the black market, if you can find it. CZE does not condone the practice of trading codes but also can't stop it. However, account trading they can, so avoid that for sure.

You can also hope to find a giveaway from CZE or one of the guilds. Keep your eyes out on the various forums.

Realistically, you're probably out of luck...

ZeroXMana
04-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Sigh, well.... hopefully CZE will someday do a cool event or have some special.... I can only hope and wait

darkwonders
04-26-2014, 10:46 PM
All that stuff was our reward for believing in a concept. To give them out now would undermine everyone who already put theirs in. Sorry man. :(

Good news is that since a lot of people pledged multiple tiers, there's going to be more than x4 of all the exclusive cards per person. Those will definitely be on the AH, but just really expensive as there's only a set # of those specific cards.

ZeroXMana
04-26-2014, 11:48 PM
I honestly understand. It is just kinda hard to swallow that you missed the deadline of the KS by a week or so and then find it. Because honestly.... the card buy in is pretty steep.... and I realized that to compete you WILL NEED at least 25% of your deck to be blue and higher. Each pack being 2 euro is like $2.67 American dollars.... I opened like 25 packs from the slacker backer and I have to say that it is nothing.... I practically only use like 4-5 cards that I got from the boosters....to be competitive I would need 15 blue or higher rarity in deck.... with how each pack cost $2.67 I would need 50 more packs to get that 15 blue or higher rarity... I would need to spend about $133.50...

But I guess that is what drafts are for... to make sure you are all on the same playing field.... but the 3 pack and 100 plat get in is like $9.34.

Gwaer
04-26-2014, 11:50 PM
Packs aren't 2 euro, they're 2 dollars, the amount of plat you get for paying in euros is increased to make it effectively the same price.

Also, the power level of set 1 is incredibly even, you really don't need a deck full of blues, pauper is going to be a lot of fun just because so many of the commons are quite good cards.

Also, the kickstarted was almost a year ago at this point. Fielding these questions when it was actually 2 weeks after this kickstarter was rough, and I truly felt bad then... Saying it now is much less impactful...

Daer
04-26-2014, 11:50 PM
each pack isn't 2 euros, each pack is 200 plat.

$5 = 500 plat
5 euros = 700 plat

Kroan
04-27-2014, 12:41 AM
If you want to build a competitive deck, much better to buy the card you need from the AH then opening random packs. In all honesty, you shouldn't have opened your slacker backer packs either and used them for drafts.

Ravallian
04-27-2014, 01:50 AM
For the first set at least, the cards should be really cheap!

Zoelef
04-27-2014, 04:21 AM
CZE might do something with the KS tiers they refunded but realistically no.

A charity auction with an authorized Cryptozoic presence represents the likeliest chance to "buy" a KickStarter package.

The good news is that Mr. Jones has a seven-year plan for Hex. With ample patience, deep pockets, and open eyes, you may yet have your chance to give 'til it hurts.

Kami
04-27-2014, 07:20 AM
A charity auction with an authorized Cryptozoic presence represents the likeliest chance to "buy" a KickStarter package.

With a charity auction though, you couldn't expect to get a KS package for the price it was though. I'd expect something like that to sell for triple or more - for a good cause too. :)

Xenavire
04-27-2014, 07:33 AM
With a charity auction though, you couldn't expect to get a KS package for the price it was though. I'd expect something like that to sell for triple or more - for a good cause too. :)

I wouldn't mind paying double or triple, assuming I have a stable form of income, better than what I have now. And I would be happy to. Of course, my main goals would be collector or guild leader.

Zoelef
04-27-2014, 08:11 AM

I would politely take the under on that, but as the popularity of HEX rises, my claim would be less bold.

hex_colin
04-27-2014, 08:13 AM
I would politely take the under on that, but as the popularity of HEX rises, my claim would be less bold.

You'd lose. Guaranteed! ;)

ossuary
04-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Agreed. Considering the fact that on illicit sites, people are already selling $250 tier accounts for $500-600 or more, and those are SUPER sketchy and unsafe transactions, I would totally expect a legitimate, CZE authorized charity auction of one of those tiers to go for at LEAST triple, if not more.

Especially when you factor in things like the Child's Play auction, where well-to-do geeks regularly purchase special prizes like the you-in-a-strip and whatnot for many thousands of dollars. If I were the CM for CZE, you can bet I would be pushing for those kinds of partnerships (Penny Arcade, Giant Bomb, Child's Play in general, etc.) - it's good for exposure and good for the community (plus, good for the kids!).