PDA

View Full Version : Boosters for gold!!!

drakebrishinger
04-26-2014, 10:34 PM
This is the biggest and most important request I will ever make!!! Please, I am begging you, to allow us players to buy boosters with gold as well. I used to play battle forge that got shut down, and I have to say it was one of the best games I ever played. It was also tcg based, but the only bad thing I had to say about it, as well as most everyone else, was the difficulty to get new cards. The only currency to buy boosters and individual ones were BF points, but It was way too expensive and people got tired of it. I also play league of legends, I love the gameplay, but I also love the fact that it gives you two options to get champions. One is with riot points and the other is with league points. you have to buy riot points, but you can earn league points by playing the game. It just takes longer to get champs if you want to buy them with league points. That is what I'm basically asking, give us options. There are still impatient people that will buy platinum. Just give people who are a little on the money poor side chance to be able to enjoy the joys of opening a booster as well.
Thanks, for making this game so great!!!

Gwaer
04-26-2014, 10:37 PM
No. Buy them on the AH for a discount when the AH is released, and earn your plat by selling PVE items.

mach
04-26-2014, 10:37 PM
You will be able to eventually, by first changing the gold to plat using the AH. Depending on implementation, it may be easy or tedious.

The conversion rate remains to be seen, of course. It may cost you millions of gold to buy 1 pack.

Liokae
04-26-2014, 10:39 PM
No, no, no, no, and no. You'll already be able to get PvE cards for gold, and there'll be casual tournaments with PvE cards allowed. If you *really* want the slow method of getting PvP stuff through gold/PvE, sell stuff for Platinum.

EDIT: I'm talking of boosters being sold directly for gold. Individual players should be able to sell their packs for gold instead of plat if they want to, obviously.

darkwonders
04-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Allowing purchase of boosters for gold will just entice gold farmers to come in and undercut Crypto in booster pack sales.

Gorgol
04-26-2014, 10:47 PM
Direct sale of packs for gold done by the company? No, it devalues everything completely

Yoss
04-26-2014, 10:58 PM
To the OP, you can already do this. They've already implemented (yet to release) methods for converting your PvE efforts into Platinum, which then lets you do whatever you like in PvP.

Liokae
04-26-2014, 11:06 PM
It's possible they could do the sort of thing that STO and CO use, where there's a special currency that you can earn as much of as you want, but you can only convert a certain amount of it to something useable each day.

mach
04-26-2014, 11:13 PM
It's possible they could do the sort of thing that STO and CO use, where there's a special currency that you can earn as much of as you want, but you can only convert a certain amount of it to something useable each day.

That doesn't work well with free accounts and tradeable items, since you can use multiple accounts to get around the limit.

Liokae
04-26-2014, 11:25 PM
That doesn't work well with free accounts and tradeable items, since you can use multiple accounts to get around the limit.

Which is why you make the packs/cards/whatever bought that way non-tradeable.

Gwaer
04-26-2014, 11:33 PM
Having a bunch of untradable cards floating around is not optimal, you then have to worry about if they can be used for pve crafting in the same ways for the same value, there's no pressure to actually give CZE money because of it. We want the game to actually make the company money, so it's worth doing. Anything at all that has the chance to lower the amount of money CZE will get from hex really can't be discussed until after their business model as is is successful.

Khazrakh
04-27-2014, 12:49 AM
I've played a lot of Battle Forge and I have to agree, it was one of most enjoyable games I ever played and it fully had the potential to go huge, but it was a very pay2win game - you had to spend a lot of money to be competitive and you had to play a lot more to play at the top tier. That's not a problem in the world of Hex for several reasons though:

1.) Boosters are dirt cheap compared to BF, MTG, MTGO and so on. It's 2$ if you pay it from CZE and it'll be around 1,5$-1,75$ if you buy it on the AH. So while you still have to pay money if you buy it directly, it's a lot more affordable than in other games we've seen.

2.) In BF gold was worth nothing - you never needed more than you had. That's why there was no secondary market for gold. In Hex there'll be dozens of things to do with gold and I fully trust them to design it in a way that gold is always in demand. Because of that, you'll be able to trade you gold for platinum, thus giving you the indirect option to buy your boosters with gold.

3.) In Battleforge there was no way to earn cards without paying for them. In Hex you can earn ALL the PvE cards and some of the PvP cards without every paying a dime - PvE cards will drop in dungeons, you'll get them from the wheel of fate, out of chests, from crafting and so on. So there are just a lot more ways to get your hands on more cards without having to buy boosters/singles.

That being said, just outright buying boosters/singles will ALWAYS be the faster and better way and it has to be that way, because CZE, while being the amazing and wonderful people they are, still have to earn money to keep making this great game for us ;)

BlackRoger
04-27-2014, 06:46 AM
I've played a bunch of free to play TCG's, 2 of which I really liked.
None of them I've stuck around for, because of the folowing reasons:
Their f2p nature makes them extremely grindy, and the rewards for putting in real cash aren't worth their price.

Unfortunetally, those qualities are a second nature to f2p games in order for them to be able to maintain themselves.

I know it's annoying to have to pay for pvp, but the real advantage to this system is that pve will not have to be as hellish grindy as other TCG's, as they do not rely on it to make money.

If you prefer the Grindy f2p but p2w Games, I will suggest Rise of Mythos or Kingdoms TCG, both great games.
But I think it's good that Hex gives a different option to those who don't mind putting down some money to get a better game.

Revoluketion
04-27-2014, 08:51 AM
I believe people will be able to sell packs for gold on the AH if they decide to, also cards for that matter. Your gold will not be wasted I assure you :)