PDA

View Full Version : Mercs stacks or not? Need "purple" response.

Shustro
04-27-2014, 04:36 AM
Topic. Thanks.

Xenavire
04-27-2014, 04:56 AM
Also want to know if they 'Bind on use' or are always unbound. Have a promise to keep.

Yoss
04-27-2014, 02:21 PM
+1 to OP

Xenavire
04-27-2014, 04:03 PM
We didn't get confirmation about stacking, but I heard it from Cory himself that mercs will only bind if they were a dungeon reward (so story based choices). All other mercs will never bind.

Gwaer
04-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Ugh, hate that. Yoss wins this round.

Xenavire
04-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Well, its a positive thing Gwaer, for a lot of people. 1) Lets people 'cash out'. More bang for buck, all that jazz. 2) It lets groups of friends share, getting more out of the game. 3) Guilds can benefit. 4) Bound stuff is generally terrible when it effects the gameplay. This was proven, and while trading then binding was an option, it wasn't a lot better than plain binding for people coming in later.

Its fair all around, more or less.

Gwaer
04-27-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm a trust but verify kind of guy. I've seen too many instances of people misinterpreting what was said. I'm not going to take this as gospel, but if it comes up in another thread I'll mention it's a possibility the decision has already been made.

Daer
04-27-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw a post or maybe it was in the chat that someone said they had multiple copies of the WoF merc in their stash.

Xenavire
04-27-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw a post or maybe it was in the chat that someone said they had multiple copies of the WoF merc in their stash.

Those are only placeholder, could be a temporary loophole, but it seems likely that they stack at this point.

And Gwaer, like I said, I have it recorded if you want to read it. Came from Cory himself, and we know he sometimes says things that aren't quite factual, but it seems like he was the one guy fighting for them to be bound at first, so I would take this 180 attitude as corroborating evidence.

Yoss
04-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Ugh, hate that. Yoss wins this round.

Everyone wins with decisions that make the game better and/or more successful. You and I just don't always agree with which decisions accomplish that the best. :)

@Xen:
Can you provide a screenshot or link or something?

EDIT:

As promised: quality isn't amazing, but it is legible.

http://www.twitch.tv/xenavire/c/4145542

TheFallen
04-28-2014, 01:48 AM
There will be a limited number of KS mercenaries... So if mercs don't stack when merging accounts, many of them will be destroyed and lost forever, and this will be so sad, so hope CZE allow them to stack ^_^

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 02:07 AM
Everyone wins with decisions that make the game better and/or more successful. You and I just don't always agree with which decisions accomplish that the best. :)

@Xen:
Can you provide a screenshot or link or something?

EDIT:

Yeah, sorry, I should have linked it here, but I was pretty wiped and went to bed.

Shustro
04-28-2014, 07:43 AM
still wating for "purple" response.... cant redeem my KS codes without it

Yoss
04-28-2014, 10:24 AM
EDIT: Nevermind.

sukebe
04-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Since they will not be binding I hope they at least reset their level when traded. I don't like the idea of level 20 mercs being passed around.

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 02:15 PM
Since they will not be binding I hope they at least reset their level when traded. I don't like the idea of level 20 mercs being passed around.

I think they should have this built in, if they are treated the same as PvE champions. But it is entirely possible they have been completely reworked.

This one is a wait and see problem.

BlackRoger
04-28-2014, 02:26 PM

I was assuming mercs would now also work like the PvE classes we've seen.
I.E. they start at level 1 at the beggining of a dungeon and get more skills the more you progress.
It would be cool if they also had a double-back that kept some tracks of raids they cleared or whatnot, but that would be waaay down the TODO list I'm sure.

nicosharp
04-28-2014, 02:33 PM
Wasn't the previous stance on this that Mercs were an account bound 'item' that could not be traded?
I thought Cory stated that we don't want everyone to have all the Mercs/Champs, and make it impossible for them to have everyone. They will have to make choices. Maybe I am getting confused with exclusive quest based PvE card rewards?

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Wasn't the previous stance on this that Mercs were an account bound 'item' that could not be traded?
I thought Cory stated that we don't want everyone to have all the Mercs/Champs, and make it impossible for them to have everyone. They will have to make choices. Maybe I am getting confused with exclusive quest based PvE card rewards?

Cory backpedaled on that one, for the good of the game. I even caught him saying it yesterday in a stream. Absolutely confirmed - mercs will only be bound from specific sources, like quest/dungeon rewards (note, not drops, but faction choices like Squirrels vs Dinosaurs.)

nicosharp
04-28-2014, 02:53 PM
Okay, happy to hear that. That was one of those things I heard a while back that I didn't really like, so it stuck to my memory.

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 02:54 PM
Okay, happy to hear that. That was one of those things I heard a while back that I didn't really like, so it stuck to my memory.

You and me both :D

ossuary
04-28-2014, 03:29 PM

You should read Cory's blog. He went into quite a bit of detail about this which you're clearly missing out on. It's a good read. :)

nicosharp
04-28-2014, 03:37 PM
You should read Cory's blog. He went into quite a bit of detail about this which you're clearly missing out on. It's a good read. :)
link?

ossuary
04-28-2014, 03:38 PM
http://coryhudsonjones.tumblr.com/

Go back a few articles (or even just go back to the beginning). He talks about PVE, and mercenaries, in there somewhere.

nicosharp
04-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks

katkillad
04-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Merc's don't stack, unless that has been changed very recently.

Edit: From one of the emails

Here is the list of things that DONT stack, meaning your account will only have one.

- Sleeves

(you get one set of each you have qualified for, this is all an account would need)

- Mercenaries

(you get one of each you have qualified for, this is all an account would need)

- Credits in the game (your name in the credits)

- +1 card in opening hand (Raid Leader)

- Raid Leader exclusive PVE card

(this card is functionally different and will not be tradable)

- +100% Extra loot drop

- +10% PVE experience for all members of the Guild

(maximum increase for any guild is capped at 10%)

- Entry into special promotional Kickstarter tournaments. Due to the high number of donations, we will be breaking this up into smaller groups and offering the same prize multiple times, and you will be given the specific group to participate in. Consider this a bonus and reward for your amazing generosity!

Daer
04-28-2014, 09:10 PM
That is old information from before they were tradeable.

SolitaryTiger
04-29-2014, 08:07 AM
I'm really hoping we get official confirmation on this topic. It certainly looks like the Mercs are tokens which "flag" an account on use based on the ones coming from chest spins, but I would like to make sure I'm not destroying Mercs that could be used by a friend if i add both of my kickstarter codes to a single account.

nicosharp
04-29-2014, 08:12 AM
If all Mercs are now tradeable, as mentioned on Cory's blog, you would think they would stack. If they don't stack, you could keep them separately linked on accounts and then trade them. They will be Auctionable, so they should be based on Quantity, not just a check to see if your account has one. That would make you feel horrible if you opened a chest and got a Mercenary you already had.

It only makes sense now to allow them to stack. I don't think anything needs to be addressed here. They will stack.

hexnaes
04-29-2014, 10:18 AM
... That would make you feel horrible if you opened a chest and got a Mercenary you already had.

That happened to me already. :P I've got 3 of the same merc from chests.

I posted in another thread a screen cap of the stacked mercs.

nicosharp
04-29-2014, 10:20 AM
That happened to me already. :P I've got 3 of the same merc from chests.

I posted in another thread a screen cap of the stacked mercs.
How are you opening chests? or you get those from gambling?

hexnaes
04-29-2014, 10:22 AM
How are you opening chests? or you get those from gambling?

I played in one of the bugged tournaments on Saturday. I didn't get through the first round before the tournaments went down, but was lucky enough to "finish" in 2nd place and receive 17000 gold.

Yoss
04-29-2014, 10:24 AM
He's not "opening" he's "spinning". Big difference.

Struyk
04-30-2014, 11:35 AM
"Hello Southpark,

Thank you for contacting HEX Customer Support. I can confirm that these do stack however, we have yet to announce if they will be tradable at this point in time. I will provide this to our technical team to see if we can put some light on this situation for you. I have left your ticket open and will provide you with further information as soon as I have it.

If you require any further assistance, or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again. "

Gwaer
04-30-2014, 11:37 AM
That's good enough for me, since mercs have been announced to be tradable.

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 11:37 AM
"Hello Southpark,

Thank you for contacting HEX Customer Support. I can confirm that these do stack however, we have yet to announce if they will be tradable at this point in time. I will provide this to our technical team to see if we can put some light on this situation for you. I have left your ticket open and will provide you with further information as soon as I have it.

If you require any further assistance, or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again. "

*Stoner face* What?

No really, how can they not be aware of the trading thing being public, yet know about them stacking? :p

Miyordon
04-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Yeah, that source does not seem knowledgeable enough for me to trust. I really would like to roll my kings into my main account, but this is the last sticking point. According to that, I can have five, only use one, and look at the rest.

nicosharp
04-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Yeah, that source does not seem knowledgeable enough for me to trust. I really would like to roll my kings into my main account, but this is the last sticking point.
All in all, just trade it to yourself when the time comes.

Miyordon
04-30-2014, 11:50 AM
All in all, just trade it to yourself when the time comes.

Yeah, that is the plan for now, just not looking forward to it. Sitting on the codes until suspicions become official

Gwaer
04-30-2014, 11:53 AM
I can't decide how I want to combine my accounts. =\

ossuary
04-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Give them all to me and I'll decide for you. Much less stressful that way. :)

Shustro
05-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Any news on this? Need "purple" response.

Yoss
05-11-2014, 02:26 PM
I've just gone ahead and merged my accounts. If mercs end up not stacking, I'll put in a support ticket.

Wystii
05-12-2014, 11:32 PM
I've just gone ahead and merged my accounts. If mercs end up not stacking, I'll put in a support ticket.

I've got a support ticket in trying to separate my King from my Grand King and haven't got a definitive "Yes, we can do this." Yet. It's all... "It might not be technically possible, but we're looking into it," at the moment.