PDA

View Full Version : i understand this is a beta....

frychikn
04-27-2014, 10:50 AM
but this "no eta" on draft thing is just ridiculous.

tell me there are no drafts today THAT IS FINE, tell me something other than "no eta"

only thing "no eta" brings is false hope on the off chance that maybe drafts will happen today. hell even if you have "no eta" if you would just announce that you would mass email all players that drafts are working when they are working that would also be nice.

Mr.Funsocks
04-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Yeah, you're clearly a person who's never written a line of code...

Usually, if there's a bug in a program, you don't know what it is. If you did you could fix it and we'd be back up and running in 30 minutes. You can have a pretty good idea where it might be in the code, enough to know whether it's an hours, days, weeks, or months fix, but that's about it.

frychikn
04-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Yeah, you're clearly a person who's never written a line of code...

Usually, if there's a bug in a program, you don't know what it is. If you did you could fix it and we'd be back up and running in 30 minutes. You can have a pretty good idea where it might be in the code, enough to know whether it's an hours, days, weeks, or months fix, but that's about it.

funny, never said anywhere that i know anything about writing a line of code. hrm.

also cool how you even say that you can know approximately how long it will take... when im asking for an eta.

nowhere did i say "this is unacceptable, we should have drafts now" only thing i asked for is some kind of ETA or at least telling us "we have no clue how long, but we will send an email telling everybody that drafts are working properly" or SOMETHING

so i really have no clue where your snide first sentence came from.

hex_colin
04-27-2014, 11:02 AM

tell me there are no drafts today THAT IS FINE, tell me something other than "no eta"

only thing "no eta" brings is false hope on the off chance that maybe drafts will happen today. hell even if you have "no eta" if you would just announce that you would mass email all players that drafts are working when they are working that would also be nice.

They're not giving an ETA because they can't win no matter what they say. It'll either be too late for folks. Or too soon that people with worry that they're not giving themselves enough time. Then if they deliver early people will complain that they weren't prepared and didn't make the appropriate arrangements to be able to play. And if they deliver late then people will bitch because they are late and complain that they took time off work/school/etc. to play and now they can't.

Kami
04-27-2014, 11:02 AM
nowhere did i say "this is unacceptable, we should have drafts now" only thing i asked for is some kind of ETA or at least telling us "we have no clue how long, but we will send an email telling everybody that drafts are working properly" or SOMETHING

They've been keeping us up to date as much as possible. You just have to look. :/

Beta Client Status - 4/27

Our teams continue to work on the client and tournaments. When we have more information available, we will update this thread and Twitter.

UDareUTake
04-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Gonna repost this again

Scenario A: CZE Post an ETA
Outcome 1: Fail to meet ETA
Reaction: WHY! why fail? why bother with eta if you cant meet them?
Outcome 2: Meet or earlier than ETA
Reaction: Yay!

Scenario B: CZE did not post ETA
Reaction: WHY U NO POST ETA?!?

So once again,

http://i.imgur.com/pNmbR0d.png

hex_colin
04-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Gonna repost this again

My emphasis above... I'd dispute that - I bet we'd find people that would complain about them being early! ;)

Niedar
04-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Well, maybe if they used twitter as their only method of announcing they were up.

UDareUTake
04-27-2014, 11:16 AM
haha true colin, its impossible to please everyone

Revoluketion
04-27-2014, 11:18 AM
Gonna repost this again

So once again,

haha this is the perfect example

trapline
04-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Gonna repost this again

So once again,

Hmm panel 3 doesn't work though, cause old dude could just tell the two nitwits that's being a man.

UDareUTake
04-27-2014, 11:23 AM
thats exactly the point trapline, regardless of what you do, there will always be ppl commenting and criticizing your actions

Niedar
04-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Hmm panel 3 doesn't work though, cause old dude could just tell the two nitwits that's being a man.

Being a man? Are women incapable of walking? Are they so weak and men so strong that they have to be "taken care of".

Ogodei
04-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Edit: wrong thread, sorry

Quasari
04-27-2014, 12:56 PM
They learned their lesson about etas with the original timeline for alpha and beta. It's best to tell people you are working on it and give a soon than to give anything hard. They still get flack from underestimating their development time.

Vorpal
04-27-2014, 01:13 PM
only thing "no eta" brings is false hope on the off chance that maybe drafts will happen today

'No ETA' means the exact opposite.

They don't need to tell you no draft today, No ETA already means no draft today and likely no draft for the forseeable future.

dwebber88
04-27-2014, 01:38 PM

While i totally know how you are feeling. best is to hope, but not to hope too hard.

As for giving anything else than "No ETA" would not be fair either. since some people dont mind waiting as long as it takes but want to play as soon as possible. CZE has tried putting minds at ease before by estimating things, and it turned out worse. And guess what, they learned from it!

I know that doesn't make up for how you feel. But there's always to sides to the story.

Mahes
04-27-2014, 02:36 PM
'No ETA' means the exact opposite.

They don't need to tell you no draft today, No ETA already means no draft today and likely no draft for the forseeable future.

Pretty much this. They had a fairly catastrophic fail on thier database. I doubt they reinitiate until they are pretty sure it will not happen on the level it did again. I would be surprised if it is back up before Wednesday.

frychikn
04-27-2014, 03:00 PM
im a happy camper now! cory came on and said drafts wont be fixed today! i can finally do something with my sunday funday!

THANK YOU CORY!

YourOpponent
04-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Gonna repost this again

So once again,

Which is why you go for an ETA that you're pretty sure gives you a few hours to spare. Anyway about half an hour ago Cory said in chat that it SHOULD be up by mid-day Monday at the earliest and Tuesday at the latest.

joseph5185
04-27-2014, 09:12 PM
I love this thread. haha. It's whatever and it will get fixed when it gets fixed. Sorry for the rather obvious response, but that' what we have right now.

The only real concern I could possibly see is our Free Weekly draft running out before draft is up. I don't really care, but I'm sure many would.

Either way, would be pretty simple to compensate for that..