PDA

View Full Version : Graphic glitches and cant get into the game

Jochirin
04-27-2014, 04:39 PM
Your Display Name: Nenthalien

Bug Description: Login screen is pink aside from the withe flashes in the middle and where you enter your information, after i login i get stuck on the screen with some guy to the left and the link to the forum to the rigt. Guy an what i think is smoke is apearing as pink, there is a black background, link window apears to be normal.

Steps to Reproduce: just starting the game

Frequency:Allways

Additional Information: I have tried to solve the problem for a few days now on and off. i have: reinstalled, repaired, updated grapics drivers. When repairing it tries to get sharedassets18.assets and sharedassets2.assets, witch i think it has never succeded with.

Gwaer
04-27-2014, 04:41 PM
The not succeeding with those files is likely the problem, I'd try doing a few repairs back to back until it doesn't try to download anything.

Jochirin
04-28-2014, 05:18 AM
Game succesfully patched overnight, no diferance it is still purple.

Edit: i meant Repaired.

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 06:24 AM
You might need to try deleting those files. Also check that your firewalls etc are not blocking anything for the download.

Jochirin
04-28-2014, 11:36 AM
You might need to try deleting those files. Also check that your firewalls etc are not blocking anything for the download.

tried, that did not work, both Hex and hexpatcher is allowed throug the firewall.

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 12:09 PM
What OS are you using? any other info might be useful too, like PC specs. And how good is your ISP? Some service providers are very bad (for example, downloading on dialup might not be possible.)

dwebber88
04-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Try running both hex.exe and hexpatch.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7 or Windows XP SP2

Gwaer
04-28-2014, 01:00 PM
To be clear, when you try repairing again it downloads 0 files?

MatWith1T
04-29-2014, 05:20 PM
I had this issue too - repairing did not work. Uninstalling and reinstalling did.

Additionally, prior to the reinstall... I found that if I disabled the SLI functionality on my laptop, the problem went away as well. Don't know if that applies to you.

Jochirin
05-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Fixed! I got a friend to send me sharedassets2.assets and the game works now. No amount of repairing or reinstalling fixed this problem.

Edit: I would also like to thank you for all the replies, for trying to help out :)