PDA

View Full Version : Couple of possible bugs with Replicator's Gambit

Hieronymous
04-27-2014, 04:52 PM
Playing around with Replicator's Gambit and The Transcended vs. the AI, I noticed a couple different potential issues.

1) Replicator's Gambit seems to always send the replicated card to the bottom of your deck, every time (as I can tell by deck-searching with Transcended). You can tell by looking at the altered text on the card Gambit has modified. This is a problem because if it's always going to the bottom of the deck, it's not a gamble! It's just a bad move unless you have a tutor effect in play or can reshuffle your deck. Makes this a much worse card.

2) seems like a problem with King Gabriel, but I'm not sure, maybe it's intended. When you put a Replicated King Gabriel into play, the copies of Gabriel don't destroy each other, but the copies of Boldheart generated by each copy of King Gabriel do. You end up with like seven Kings Gabriel in play and only one Boldheart for all of them. Which is a little weird but maybe intentional? (As an aside, having Cerulean Mirror Knight in play makes this process a little comical as each Boldheart lets you draw a new card; that draw seems to be optional rather than mandatory). This seems like it's a bug either way but I'm not sure which way -- it would seem that either the "replicas" of both Boldheart and Gabriel shouldn't be "unique", i.e., replicas should generate replicas, or else they both should, i.e., just one Gabriel and one Boldheart and the whole thing's pointless unless you're farming "enters play" effects.

All this is easily replicable using a blue/white deck with the appropriate cards.

Gwaer
04-27-2014, 04:58 PM
On point 1, any effect that lets you see your deck or cards in it, like shard of fate or transcended doesn't actually show you the order of the deck. The client is not ever told the order of the deck. It is the last card only for the purpose of viewing not for the purpose of drawing in the future.

At at least it should be.

Point 2, the Gabriel's that are created are replicants that specifically ignore the unique tag. However they make real bold hearts, who don't. I don't know if that's intended or if replicants that make cards should make replicant versions of the cards they make.

Hieronymous
04-27-2014, 05:01 PM
Ok, in the past effects that let you see your deck order very clearly were accurate (as you could tell with the Shards of Fate card which clearly showed the order of upcoming resource cards). It looks like they have a sometimes fix for that now, since sometimes it shows a "all of one color, all of next color" order, but I wasn't sure if it was a general fix or not.

shocker455
04-27-2014, 05:04 PM
Replicator's Gambit placement in your deck is fine. Iv even used it before, then top decked the card the next turn.

Xenavire
04-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Replicator's Gambit placement in your deck is fine. Iv even used it before, then top decked the card the next turn.

I have topped it the same turn, off the gambit draw.

Hieronymous
04-27-2014, 05:43 PM

Are you sure you didn't have any shuffle effects in play? Even an Ancestor's Chosen?

I have topped it the same turn, off the gambit draw.

Ah, ok then.

YourOpponent
04-28-2014, 01:42 AM
Yeah both of them I think are fine and functioning the way they should. I'm still drawing the card I've replicated within a few turns sometimes...it's just a display thing to make it easier to find. Also I think the Gabriel/Boldheart is working right too. Since replicator's gambit works on one card but not the card that card makes. So you'd notice the same thing with other ones that summon a unique (if there are any)

Shaqattaq
04-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Hi Hieronymous.

1 - Your client does not know the order of your deck in order to prevent anyone from tampering with the client in order to gain an advantage in the game. The Transcended appearing at the bottom is because it's on a "list" of cards that the client doesn't know the location of, and it happens to be at the bottom of that list. So, it only displays that way. It is not necessarily the order of the deck.

2 - Replicas correctly lose the 'unique' tag. It's like someone made copies of you and rolled them off an assembly line.

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Hi Hieronymous.

1 - Your client does not know the order of your deck in order to prevent anyone from tampering with the client in order to gain an advantage in the game. The Transcended appearing at the bottom is because it's on a "list" of cards that the client doesn't know the location of, and it happens to be at the bottom of that list. So, it only displays that way. It is not necessarily the order of the deck.

2 - Replicas correctly lose the 'unique' tag. It's like someone made copies of you and rolled them off an assembly line.

And replicas pets? Should they become replicas as well? Thematically, it seems strange to have a robot with a living pet. :p