PDA

View Full Version : CHAT - related suggestions

Eierdotter
04-28-2014, 01:17 AM
hi,
i noticed it would be nice to have more tabs, especially some for whispers.
and posting in the currently selected tab seems straight forward more convenient to me.

Also adding "Coloured Symbols" for the main chats (All/General/Local/Guild) would shorten the list of basic tabs to a minimum. (maybe even add a CZE tab)
Leaving the remaining space split evenly among the different whispertabs.
Hovering over a tab displays the full name.

The "Filter" needs a lot of work since it flags almost everything.
Personally i could not care less about it, since i turn it off as soon as a find the option for it (Chatoptions in the top right corner of chat, remove the dot next to Filter at the bottom)
i know it is there so people do not see the correct spelled cursewords, they hear all the time in RL.
instead of "Asshole" you could simply write "A$$hole/a55hole" (not sure if it flags hole as well...) and if you write "assume" it gets flagged as well so write "a$$ume/a55ume" instead.
If i do not want to read the stuff someone is writing i simply add him to my blacklist (maybe the first time you add someone there he is in the list for a week, and the next time is there permanent, so the list does not get flooded forever if your rageadd a bunch of people during a heated argument"

Chatwindow location should be saveable. (in a perfect world it is saveable for every location, like 1v1game/home/deckbuilder/prooving grounds/...)

TL;DR: Compendious Wishlist
- more Tabs (customizeable Symbols instead of name to shorten the lenght)
- everything customizeable in chat (textcolor, namecolor, font, size, spacing between lines)
- write in the selected channel
- own tabs for whispers (right click name to add new tab)
- private channels (easy like "/create Raidgroup1" "/invite xy")
- chatwindow location saveable
- Filter overhaul

Edit: i try to edit in several posted suggestions every once in a while

Aldri
04-28-2014, 01:24 AM
+1

And please, stop reseting the chat window everytime you load a new screen, I resize it and it gets resets.. it's just so annoying !

Yoss
04-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Need private channels, similar to what battle.net used to have. The whisper system is ok for talking to only one person, but not for talking to multiple others at once. Guild chat will fulfill that somewhat, but doesn't cover the general case.

Gwaer
04-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Need private channels, similar to what battle.net used to have. The whisper system is ok for talking to only one person, but not for talking to multiple others at once. Guild chat will fulfill that somewhat, but doesn't cover the general case.

^ this is absolutely mandatory. I've never agreed with Yoss as much as with this statement.

ossuary
04-28-2014, 10:09 AM
And me. Talk about a weird convergence, Yoss Gwaer and Ossuary all agreeing on something 100%. :)

Right click name - add to tab as a menu option, then "new tab" and a list of your current tabs as menu options off of add to tab. Or just straight-up config it like IRC and just let us create all the custom channels we want and bring people together on both ends at once.

GhundiPI
04-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Not only in functionality, but also in readability the chat coulds use some work. I'm not dyslexic myself, but my significant other is. From experience General chat is unfortunately pretty hard to read as soon as it fills up. If it is even a bit active, with multiple people chatting, it becomes unreadable. A few possible suggestions:

- First and foremost, please look in to the posibility to select a different font for the chat window. Either the 'Dyslexie Font' or 'OpenDyslexic' would be a huge help for not only dyslexic people, but others may find it more easy on the eyes also.
- This may probably already be in the works, but changing the color of the person's name is a great way to indicate the start of a new text line. Another or extra option would be to use a special sign in front of the name and a different one in front of the next line if the text is too long and wraps to a second line (or use indented lines if the text is too long to fit on one line in the window).
- One last suggestion is to increase the spacing between the text lines of different people just a fraction. Again a simple visual change that will help a lot if the entire window is full of text.

Other than the above, all other text in the game (card text, etc) are very well done and my significant other has no issues with those.

Eierdotter
04-30-2014, 02:46 AM
Yoss Gwaer and Ossuary all agreeing on something 100%.
really awkward... probably a bug