PDA

View Full Version : Some stats after opening 290 Normal Packs and 16 Primal Packs

Rapkannibale
04-28-2014, 03:40 AM
So I decided to open about half my regular packs and all but one of my primal packs. Here are some stats for those of you that like this sort of stuff. :)

Chests from regular packs (chances are rounded):
Legendary x2 (0.7% chance)
Rare x30 (10% chance)
Uncommon x79 (27% chance)
Common x179 (62% chance)

Collection:
- I have at least one of every card except Shrine of Prosperity (http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Shrine_of_Prosperity)
- I have at least one playset of 88% of all Set 1 cards
- On average I got:
* 31.7 of each common (highest number is Runts of the Litter (http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Runts_of_the_Litter) with 50 copies)
* 10 of each uncommon (highest number is Kraken Guard Mariner (http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Kraken_Guard_Mariner) with 22 copies)
* 4.7 of each rare (highest number is Hero of Adamanth (http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Hero_of_Adamanth) with 11 copies)
* 3.4 of each legendary (highest number is Eye of Creation (http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Eye_of_Creation) with 6 copies)

/Edit
Legendary rate:
- Out of the 290 regular packs I got 47 Legendaries which means about 16% of my packs opened contained a legendary instead of a rare.
Edit/

I'm interest to see if other people saw similar stats. :)

Cheers!

Makos
04-28-2014, 04:44 AM
Thanks for sharing, would love to hear about some other people's experiences :)

primer
04-28-2014, 05:06 AM
3.4 of each legendary already, good work!, I cant see any card in set one being very expensive on the auction house.

TJTaylor
04-28-2014, 05:14 AM
I love this kind of stuff so I'll add my info to the pool. I'm not ashamed to admit I've opened a ton of packs. I was collecting data like this! Yeah, that's it... :P

Packs opened: 536 Primals opened: 21

Chests from non-primal packs

Legendary: 19 (3.55%)
Rare: 45 (8.40%)
Uncommon: 157 (29.29%)
Common: 315 (58.77%)

Collection

Definitely, and probably not surprisingly, I have at least 1 of every card in set 1. Even after this many packs, I still barely made this, having only 1 Zoltog and it came very late into the process. There is something a bit suspicious about the print run, but that is for another thread.

I have at least 1 play set of 97.65% of the set.

Too much math at this hour to do the averages so I'll leave that out for now, but out of the 536 packs I opened, 76 of them had legendary cards instead of rare which is 14.18%.

FranzVonG
04-28-2014, 05:16 AM
I really doubt that Set01 will have any real value, at least in the first phase of the game, due to the flood of packs from backers. Obviously, if the game is a huge success with hundreds of thousand of players, those cards will have a market nonetheless

Poetic
04-28-2014, 05:21 AM
Good stuff Taylor. I only cracked 100 packs and have 3 Zoltog. But no Living Totems lol

How many cards in set 1?

TJTaylor
04-28-2014, 05:24 AM
341 cards in set 1

Good stuff Taylor. I only cracked 100 packs and have 3 Zoltog. But no Living Totems lol

How many cards in set 1?

Poetic
04-28-2014, 05:29 AM
So after 100 packs (more like 113 with drafts and prize packs)and 7 primals I'm missing 10 cards.

Arbiter
04-28-2014, 05:53 AM
That reminds me, they said the set would have print runs. Have common/uncommon sequences been determined yet?

Rapkannibale
04-28-2014, 06:06 AM
@Taylor well done on the legendary chest drop rate! I wonder if my rate will go higher if I open 200 more packs. :)

Regarding the value of set 1 it will really depend on a lot of things. For example, even though I have multiples of most legendaries, as a collector I want to keep a playset of each card so I won't be trading many of them. That also means that I want 4 of each card. Assuming there are more people like me there is still reason to trade even if you have 1 of each card.

Also, if the game develops a competitive scene similar to Magic you can still assume that most rares and legendaries that are not part or the competitive meta will have very little value, no matter how many or few are floating around. In Magic even in newer sets there are many rares that you can buy for a few cents up to a dollar. Then if for some reason these rares become popular they can see crazy increases in price.

It will be really interesting to see how the secondary market for this game develops. :)

TJTaylor
04-28-2014, 06:07 AM
I've got a lot of the common run down but it is a complicated run with what I believe to be three tracks, 2 that fall in only specific places and 1 that can fall anywhere in the pack. There are two slots, the 3rd and the 11th, that I have not yet figured out completely because I can't tell if they are following a track of their own or using the other tracks. I know for sure it is not random though.

Uncommons and up may be impossible to figure out, at least for now.

That reminds me, they said the set would have print runs. Have common/uncommon sequences been determined yet?

Malachia
04-28-2014, 07:45 AM
whats a print run o.o

Rapierian
04-28-2014, 07:49 AM
On the Print-Run question: did you open them in bulk or individually?

primer
04-28-2014, 07:58 AM
whats a print run o.o

Yeah, can you explain how it works TJTaylor?

Vorpal
04-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Definitely, and probably not surprisingly, I have at least 1 of every card in set 1. Even after this many packs, I still barely made this, having only 1 Zoltog and it came very late into the process. There is something a bit suspicious about the print run, but that is for another thread.

I'm actually curious about this as well, as I'm getting stratospheric levels of certain cards (runts of the litter, bravery, buccaneer) and actually have more eyes of creation than I do most rares.