PDA

View Full Version : Spinning Chests Now or Post-PVE Content?

Ashran
04-28-2014, 08:52 AM
Once tournaments are back up and I amass some gold, I'm wondering whether it will be of benefit to hold off on spinning chests until PVE is implemented. In other words, are the results of spinning chests now going to be possibly different from spinning chests later, or identical and we just need to wait to actually receive any PVE content? For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if there were still mercenaries and equipment that haven't been added to the spin loot tables yet.

Also, are the loot tables for the additional prizes from the spins different for different chest rarities, so for an example you are more likely to receive a rare mercenary or piece of equipment from spinning a Rare chest than a Common chest?

Gwaer
04-28-2014, 09:16 AM
Another option is many loot able items currently available from chest spins may be retired after closed beta! We might miss out on things if we don't spin chests now and later.

Vorpal
04-28-2014, 09:19 AM
I'll be spinning mine post pve content when I can actually get some gold! ;)

Krond
04-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Seeing as we are pretty far from actual PVE content, I'll be dumping all my gold on chests. There's currently no other uses for gold, and the feature needs to be tested.

Yoss
04-28-2014, 10:03 AM
Chark has already said that the spin loots are exactly the same now as they will be later. There is no incentive to wait, nor incentive to hurry up and spin. You'll get the same value either way. The only risk is that he's said they might tweak the pricing on WoF spins, but we don't know if it will be up or down. (My guess is they could only go up, if they need a stronger gold sink. If so, better to spin the Wheels now than later.)

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34649&page=5&p=353726&viewfull=1#post353726
Also scroll down to the next Chark post below it.

Ashran
04-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Thanks Yoss, that was a very informative thread that I had somehow missed.

However, I still haven't found an answer about whether the loot tables for the extra prizes generated by the WoF differ between chests of different rarities. Both possibilities make sense, it all depends on whether they want to incentivize spins on Common chests that might not otherwise be spun, or make you even more keen to save up and spin the Rares and Legendaries.

Yoss
04-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Thanks Yoss, that was a very informative thread that I had somehow missed.
y/w

However, I still haven't found an answer about whether the loot tables for the extra prizes generated by the WoF differ between chests of different rarities. Both possibilities make sense, it all depends on whether they want to incentivize spins on Common chests that might not otherwise be spun, or make you even more keen to save up and spin the Rares and Legendaries.

I doubt very much that CZE would ever tell us what loot tables are. They will need to be determined empirically by community data gathering, like we did/are doing with the Primal Pack drop rate.

Rapkannibale
04-29-2014, 12:04 AM
We are planning on adding this sort of info to the wiki (see signature for link) and will rely on data collected by the community so if you can take note of what you are getting. :)

YourOpponent
04-29-2014, 05:54 AM
After hours of thinking about the matter I think that the loot table from spinning on chests doesn't change based on rarity. Why do I think that? Because the loot inside the chests is probably improved by rarity instead! This leads to both types of chests being desired for different reasons. Common and uncommon chests being desired to get the stuff from the WoF loot table...while rare and above chests are being desired for what is inside them.

The only problem with this idea is if primal chests can actually be spun, because that would likely suggest that this idea likely isn't the case because it would be misleading to the customers then to be spending so much gold for the same odds of loot in WoF as the previous rarity chests.

Yoss
04-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Does anyone have a Primal chest in his inventory to see if it is able to spin?

hexnaes
04-29-2014, 10:29 AM
After hours of thinking about the matter I think that the loot table from spinning on chests doesn't change based on rarity. Why do I think that? Because the loot inside the chests is probably improved by rarity instead! This leads to both types of chests being desired for different reasons. Common and uncommon chests being desired to get the stuff from the WoF loot table...while rare and above chests are being desired for what is inside them.

The only problem with this idea is if primal chests can actually be spun, because that would likely suggest that this idea likely isn't the case because it would be misleading to the customers then to be spending so much gold for the same odds of loot in WoF as the previous rarity chests.

Not disagreeing, but from my experience the loot tables are based on the quality of the chest. I've only spun common chests, but I've received 3 of the same merc, and 2 of the same PVE card. As soon as I get more gold I'll be trying out the higher rarity chests to see if there's specific loot tied to chest tiers or if my RNG is just bad.

nicosharp
04-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Chark has already said that the spin loots are exactly the same now as they will be later. There is no incentive to wait, nor incentive to hurry up and spin. You'll get the same value either way. The only risk is that he's said they might tweak the pricing on WoF spins, but we don't know if it will be up or down. (My guess is they could only go up, if they need a stronger gold sink. If so, better to spin the Wheels now than later.)

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34649&page=5&p=353726&viewfull=1#post353726
Also scroll down to the next Chark post below it.
Did you kill Shadowelf at Thanksgiving dinner and acquire his linking skills highlander style?

Yoss
04-29-2014, 12:29 PM
Did you kill Shadowelf at Thanksgiving dinner and acquire his linking skills highlander style?

I'm merely a shadow of the Shadow.

FlyingMeatchip
04-29-2014, 12:36 PM
With the tourny refund gold I rolled and got a lightning elemental for pve.

BossHoss
04-29-2014, 12:51 PM
Does anyone have a Primal chest in his inventory to see if it is able to spin?

In Alpha I turned a common chest into a primal and it was still able to be rolled. This does not help prove the case for Beta currently but that was the experience I had then...

YuukiRus
04-29-2014, 01:27 PM
I'm pretty certain I have one. I can't login at the moment to confirm it though since everytime I log out and login I get 54 files to download xD