PDA

View Full Version : Trying to install Beta...

Diesbudt
04-28-2014, 05:57 PM
When I get to the point of only 68 files left.

Then I get a "Retrying (#): System.Configuration.dll" Line that cycles from 1-9 until restarting at 1 again as it failed.

How do I get past this issue?

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Check your firewalls?

Though that reminds me of an issue near the end of alpha...

Diesbudt
04-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Check your firewalls?

Though that reminds me of an issue near the end of alpha...

I had that same exact issue during Alpha. On top of that the few times it would get through I would log in and then the loading bar would go and when it got to the end it would just sit there. Never moving, never anything happening or never going on the game.

And no allowing it through the firewall didnt help any.

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 06:14 PM
Have you tried nuking Hex off your PC and reinstalling everything from scratch? Running as administrator? Etc? There has to be some small thing blocking it, that shouldn't be.

Windows defender maybe? That thing is a bitch sometimes.

Diesbudt
04-28-2014, 06:20 PM
I have started from scratch, I have tried running as and not as administrator, I have run in compatibility mode from Windows 95 to Windows 7. I have allowed and not allowed it through the Firewall.

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 06:47 PM
I have started from scratch, I have tried running as and not as administrator, I have run in compatibility mode from Windows 95 to Windows 7. I have allowed and not allowed it through the Firewall.

Firewalls/windows defender etc can be a real hassle sometimes - have you attempted to temporarily disable all protection while you run the download? I had that on an older PC, a specific, one off download refused to play, and another time a game refused to play, even when allowed through everything.

But I am running out of ideas. There was another thread around here where they said you need to r-click, check the properties, and in the general tab you need to disable something... I think that should be easy enough to find, if it is the same issue.

Might be worth posting your OS and specs here for people to help troubleshoot. (My guess would be win 8, newish PC? 4+gb ram, 500+mb vram, dual/quad, probably an i series? Those are very common these days.)

Diesbudt
04-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Disabled a security program and told it to allow Hex through, and it finally got me in.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 02:28 AM
Disabled a security program and told it to allow Hex through, and it finally got me in.

Fantastic news, glad you got in! Can you say which program, in case other people have this exact program? (We need all the backers in!)

Diesbudt
04-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Fantastic news, glad you got in! Can you say which program, in case other people have this exact program? (We need all the backers in!)

Xenavire, it was Avast.