PDA

View Full Version : Te'talca bugs (Lifedrain not giving correct amount, transforming after death)

Polaritie
04-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Sequence of events:

I have Te'talca out, at 8 power (inspired with Ruby and Sword). I use Dimmid's charge ability to give her lifedrain, and then fight the AI's Claw of the Mountain God (5/4).

Result:
Both troops die (as expected)
I gain 4 life (Incorrect, since Te'talca dealt 8 damage, I should have gained 8 life)
Te'talca transforms in the graveyard (Unknown if intended)

HecatesLover
04-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Lifedrain does not count overkill on troops. When I realized that was the case I immediately realized it to be a perfectly reasonable restriction on lifedrain.

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Lifedrain does not count overkill on troops. When I realized that was the case I immediately realized it to be a perfectly reasonable restriction on lifedrain.

Lifedrain does count overkill. It is meant to. This tetalca interaction is absolutely a bug.

Quasari
04-28-2014, 07:43 PM
It has to do with the fight I'm sure. Maybe fight only deals up to fatal damage?

Also she shouldn't transform unless she survives.

NicLovin
04-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Sequence of events:

I have Te'talca out, at 8 power (inspired with Ruby and Sword). I use Dimmid's charge ability to give her lifedrain, and then fight the AI's Claw of the Mountain God (5/4).

Result:
Both troops die (as expected)
I gain 4 life (Incorrect, since Te'talca dealt 8 damage, I should have gained 8 life)
Te'talca transforms in the graveyard (Unknown if intended)

Another bug, when battling other cards before she becomes the claric, it disregards swiftstrike, not sure on other special affects.

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 12:24 AM
Not using swift strike during a battle is not a bug. Swift strike happens in it's own special phase that doesn't exist in a battle.

durindana
04-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Lifedrain does count overkill. It is meant to. This tetalca interaction is absolutely a bug.

It may be meant to but it's a terrible idea. It shouldn't drain more hp than is available to drain.

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 03:50 AM
It may be meant to but it's a terrible idea. It shouldn't drain more hp than is available to drain.

I don't even look at it as them stealing HP, I see it as them taking the life essence and using that to heal. The power of the troop just dictates how well they use that essence - the more power, the more mileage.

Eierdotter
04-30-2014, 04:10 AM
4 instead of 8 healed = maybe a bug (not much official about the battle phrase)
Transforming after dying is a bug that should be known for months (at least i reported it a while ago)

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 04:51 AM
4 instead of 8 healed = maybe a bug (not much official about the battle phrase)
Transforming after dying is a bug that should be known for months (at least i reported it a while ago)

No, lifedrain was confirmed months ago, near the start of alpha, so not gaining 8 from an 8 attack troop is a bug.

Eierdotter
04-30-2014, 06:53 AM
No, lifedrain was confirmed months ago, near the start of alpha, so not gaining 8 from an 8 attack troop is a bug.
the issue is not lifedrain, it is the battle
maybe battle only deals damage up to the defense
it is maybe coded that way.
if it should work that way... i doubt it but i do not know for sure

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 09:03 AM
the issue is not lifedrain, it is the battle
maybe battle only deals damage up to the defense
it is maybe coded that way.
if it should work that way... i doubt it but i do not know for sure

If it is currently coded like that, I doubt it is intended. A battle does full damage, just like a combat does, they are just different when counting swiftstrike etc.

IndigoShade
06-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Bumping a rather old(ish) thread instead of creating a new one to say that I just played against someone in draft that activated Te'talca's ability on my 3/1 gem orc that I then played sapphire aura on, turning it into a 4/2. Both of them died, but then even though Te'talca's ability specifically says "When that troop dies, if Te'talca is in play, transform her into Te'talca High Cleric." she still transformed inside the graveyard.

DionyzRex
06-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the report, I'll look into this. Hadn't seen this thread the first time around, whoops!

zadies
06-03-2014, 10:42 AM
She is in play when the card dies... the fact that she and the other troop die at the same time does not mean she was not in play when it died, the animations really should be her transforming then going to the grave yard.

Refugee
07-24-2014, 10:34 PM
Bumping this for a similar bug. Opponent had Teltalca high cleric (transformed version) in play. He cast a terrible transfer for 5. It should have dealt 10 damage and he gained 10 life. Instead he gained 5 life (I don't know how much damage was dealt, 5 killed the creature regardless.

Yoss
07-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Rex doesn't have an orange name! He must be an imposter!