PDA

View Full Version : Peek and Angel of Dawn

Rendakor
04-28-2014, 07:55 PM
If you use Peek on the opponent's turn and grab an Angel of Dawn, it doesn't go into play for free (or at all).

Steps to reproduce:
1. Get some blue threshold, draw Peek
2. On opponent's turn, cast Peek
3. Select Angel of Dawn
4. Watch it not go into play.

ossuary
04-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Peek is not drawing a card, it is taking a card out of your deck and placing it into your hand. That is not the same thing. This is working as intended.

For it to do what you are thinking of, Peek would have to read "Look at the top X cards of your library and rearrange them in any order. Then draw a card."

This is not Magic, and Peek doesn't say that. :)

eimerian
04-29-2014, 02:05 AM
Actually drawing Angel of Dawn in your opponents turn (for example by having Archmage Wrenlocke out and playing a quick action) works just fine for me.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 02:33 AM
Actually drawing Angel of Dawn in your opponents turn (for example by having Archmage Wrenlocke out and playing a quick action) works just fine for me.

Yes, but Peek isn't a draw, so this isn't a bug. Angel of Dawn is working fine to my knowledge

rajaat9
04-29-2014, 03:38 AM
This is not Magic, and Peek doesn't say that. :)

To be fair, plenty of Magic card draw spells don't actually draw a card. Look at Sleight of Hand or Fact or Fiction. OP simply did not read the card carefully enough, this has nothing to do with being a hex or magic player.

dwebber88
04-29-2014, 04:35 AM
It says PUT, not DRAW. Therefore it is working as intended.

ossuary
04-29-2014, 04:36 AM
To be fair, plenty of Magic card draw spells don't actually draw a card. Look at Sleight of Hand or Fact or Fiction. OP simply did not read the card carefully enough, this has nothing to do with being a hex or magic player.

True. It's just the most common reason people expect the cards in Hex to count of draws, because of all the "tutor" type cards in Magic.

Rendakor
04-29-2014, 01:54 PM
I figured any time a card went into your hand, you were drawing it. Still seems vague.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 01:57 PM
I figured any time a card went into your hand, you were drawing it. Still seems vague.

Nah, that is one of those tricky little pains in the ass with wording. It has to say draw to count as a draw. Just look at the official FAQ - The Transcended, he replaces your draw with a search effect. Now normally, if you have no cards in your deck, and you need to draw, you lose. But the search effect replaces that, so you never lose, because it didn't fail to draw, it failed to search.

Volt
04-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Peek is not drawing a card, it is taking a card out of your deck and placing it into your hand. That is not the same thing. This is working as intended.

This makes sense as I was wondering why if you have Twisted Fate out and use Peek to draw a card, the opponent does not bury a card from the top of the library.

GrinningBuddha
04-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Adaptable Fusion Device and Secret Laboratory are an Angel's best friends.

Eierdotter
04-30-2014, 04:27 AM
lol i expected a bug report like
"i play peek pick the Angel and it gets played for free"

as it is now it works as intended, no draw card effect on peek