PDA

View Full Version : Vip

xSenselessx420
04-29-2014, 04:41 AM
How much is the discounted packs if you get VIP

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 04:45 AM
How much is the discounted packs if you get VIP

It isn't a flat discount. At best, you will get 52 boosters for $52. It is gifted 1 at a time, 1 per week.

UDareUTake
04-29-2014, 04:45 AM
VIP is a monthly subscription of $4 that gets you four packs, (1 pack/week)

Which means you are getting 4 packs at $1 each,

YourOpponent
04-29-2014, 05:32 AM
And who knows...the monthly VIP tournament could also be free with more rewards too...and if that's not the case then I'm sure the rewards will still be more than generous.

swigmonkey
04-29-2014, 05:35 AM
Pretty sure it was said the VIP was 4 packs and a monthly VIP only tournament.

bactgudz
04-29-2014, 05:59 AM
Is it a monthly subscription, or 4-weekly subscription? There are 12 months in a year but 13 4-week blocks.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 06:02 AM
Monthly as far as we now (you can pay for 12 months directly.)

bactgudz
04-29-2014, 06:12 AM
Seems weird that it is monthly, so does it renew on your sign-up day each month and just skip a week of getting a pack sometime during the year? And like if you signed up on the first and it's a Monday, you could end up getting two packs in a calendar week (february 22nd, march 1) so it skips two calendar weeks a year.

Or is the 12 month package actually a discount, where you end up getting 52 packs for 48 dollars?

Ogodei
04-29-2014, 06:21 AM
Good question. Also I'm wondering if as a slacker backer buying VIP today would be a good idea? At least to get a few cheaper packs ?

GPrime
04-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Buying VIP is always a good idea. It's a very cheap subscription and at the very worst I can't see packs ever being <100 platinum on the auction house.

Ogodei
04-29-2014, 06:39 AM
So it's basically working? I understand you get your weekly pack but no tournaments yet?

Marsden
04-29-2014, 06:40 AM
I've not signed up for VIP yet as it's unclear how setting up a sub will combine with the inclusive VIP coming from KS rewards.

jonsnow2000
04-29-2014, 06:41 AM
Yes, many ppl have confirmed in the ingame chat that they received their pack.

@Marsden: they will add the free KS subscription on top of the time that you paid for. If you wanna make sure, sign up and then cancel the recurring subscription.

Ogodei
04-29-2014, 06:44 AM
I've not signed up for VIP yet as it's unclear how setting up a sub will combine with the inclusive VIP coming from KS rewards.

Yeah, that's why I've been hesitant as well. So if I buy one in the store I'll be VIP for just that month? (So if I subscribe today until 28th May?) Or will I keep getting charged (from my in-game plat?) until I cancel my subscription?

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 07:14 AM
Yeah, that's why I've been hesitant as well. So if I buy one in the store I'll be VIP for just that month? (So if I subscribe today until 28th May?) Or will I keep getting charged (from my in-game plat?) until I cancel my subscription?

It is like charging with game cards - you pay for only the time you pay for, no recurring payments.

I wonder if recurring payments will be an option at all?

Quasari
04-29-2014, 07:33 AM
It is like charging with game cards - you pay for only the time you pay for, no recurring payments.

It said it was recurring when I bought with PayPal.

Svenn
04-29-2014, 07:47 AM

Incorrect. It is recurring the moment you sign up. Check the Gameforge page. They will automatically re-bill your previous payment method when your subscription runs out. You can instantly cancel it though and your subscription will continue until it runs out.

Ogodei
04-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Then the question remains how this will combine with VIP access from KS and Slacker Backer rewards (which haven't been granted yet as far as I know). But I suppose they will figure something out and it can't hurt to sign up now regardless.

nicosharp
04-29-2014, 07:57 AM
Just to argue semantics...
It's actual $48 for 52 packs each year. That is less than $1 per pack. You can't beat that. On top of eventual access to enter an exclusive tournament monthly.

Turtlewing
04-29-2014, 08:09 AM
Then the question remains how this will combine with VIP access from KS and Slacker Backer rewards (which haven't been granted yet as far as I know). But I suppose they will figure something out and it can't hurt to sign up now regardless.

The KS VIP access reward would mean you get out of paying for the sub for the duration of your reward.

Ogodei
04-29-2014, 08:11 AM
The KS VIP access reward would mean you get out of paying for the sub for the duration of your reward.

Does Gameforge know this too? ;-)

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 08:17 AM
Incorrect. It is recurring the moment you sign up. Check the Gameforge page. They will automatically re-bill your previous payment method when your subscription runs out. You can instantly cancel it though and your subscription will continue until it runs out.

I will verify this this today hopefully. EU and US players may be held under different rules for recurring subs, as might paypal vs credit cards.

Daer
04-29-2014, 08:22 AM
Yeah my VIP sub said it would auto-renew. I payed with paypal.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 08:42 AM
Yeah my VIP sub said it would auto-renew. I payed with paypal.

I am trying, but the transaction refuses to complete. I contacted Paypal directly and they said I should be good to go, and it still fails, so I am wondering if it is gameforges fault. Are you in the EU, and do you have a credit card attached?

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Confirming that it is a recurring payment even with Paypal. They should probably say that upfront, but it is easy enough to cancel.