PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate cards in a pack still...

mttgamer
04-29-2014, 07:13 AM
Hello all,
I'm not sure if i need to file a support ticket or not, but it really irked me that I got 2 of the same uncommon, Cloud Titan in the same pack(which you only get 3 of no less per pack!). I'm not opening any more packs for quite a while till beta stabilizes :/

Screenshot attached.

Keep name: Tharivol
Pack was opened last night(4/28/2014) at around 11:39PM if that helps.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 07:22 AM
This should be resolved in an upcoming patch (hopefully todays.) It sucks that you were upset with it, but it should be resolved moving forward. Hope that helps :)

FoundInTheFlood
04-29-2014, 10:51 AM
I also had a lot of double cards in packs, also in my primals. This seems to be a severe bug ... but it was said that there will be no wipe ... so how will Cryptozoic deal with this? People seem to get a LOT of replicas ... and it's sad if it's a card you don't need.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 11:59 AM
I also had a lot of double cards in packs, also in my primals. This seems to be a severe bug ... but it was said that there will be no wipe ... so how will Cryptozoic deal with this? People seem to get a LOT of replicas ... and it's sad if it's a card you don't need.

Think of it like a physical TCG - they often (well, not often, but sometimes) have printing errors that cause packs to have duplicate cards, or multiple rares, entirely foil, etc.

It is a quirk, and it doesn't really impact the value of your packs (as you are ending up with the same number of uncommons and rares.)

Silent
04-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Well, this is something I did encounter incredibly often. Is that true for rares/legendaries, when opening 10 packs a time, as well? I'm sitting on 9 Argus, 11 Aspirant, 10 Inquisitor, but simple stuff like Immortality, Ash Harpy, Ritualist of the Spring Litter...etc I just got 1 of, even though they are only rare.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Well, this is something I did encounter incredibly often. Is that true for rares/legendaries, when opening 10 packs a time, as well? I'm sitting on 9 Argus, 11 Aspirant, 10 Inquisitor, but simple stuff like Immortality, Ash Harpy, Ritualist of the Spring Litter...etc I just got 1 of, even though they are only rare.

I don't think any player knows for certain about opening 10 at a time, but when I did so in alpha (days before beta) I had a fairly even spread of rares and legendaries, with a few edge cases that I got several more than expected.

Freebird_Falcon
04-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Are pack contents rolled on generation or upon opening?

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 02:58 PM

I don't know. I don't think there is any way to know this, unless CZE let us know themselves.

The assumption would be safest on 'opening' rather than 'generating'. Lets them just pull the data once, in a single event, rather than storing the data indefinitely.

FlyingMeatchip
04-29-2014, 03:27 PM
I opened 10 at a time by accident and got two Gorefeasts....I wasn't complaining.

hammer
04-29-2014, 04:10 PM
I opened 10 at a time by accident and got two Gorefeasts....I wasn't complaining.

You should be since gorefeast is a starter deck rare :p

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 06:32 PM
You should be since gorefeast is a starter deck rare :p

And why does that matter when he can already make a kickass gore feast deck with 3-4 copies? :p

vickrpg
05-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Still duplicates in packs.
http://s28.postimg.org/se7887bho/duplicate.jpg
Not a very good duplicate either.

Yoss
05-08-2014, 03:14 PM

Rolled upon opening, and pulled from the virtual "hopper" of packs to simulate a physical print run.