PDA

View Full Version : Hex Beta Keys being given out to the public!

Dropbear
04-29-2014, 07:27 AM
450 KEYS AVAILABLE FROM ELECTRONIC SPORTS LEAGUE EUROPE, ACCOUNT NEEDED (http://www.esl.eu/eu/new_games/news/241567/)

aka IT'S HAPPENING THE FREE KEYS ARE GOING OUT

Are we honestly ready? I really don't think we're ready for an influx of people...

Cernz
04-29-2014, 07:28 AM
hm got one ;)

if someone want to have it -> pm (first in first out) ;)

Key is gone!

Marsden
04-29-2014, 07:29 AM
I think it's a bad move. Too early. I suspect this was set up before the tourney problem.

Poetic
04-29-2014, 07:31 AM
Seems bad to me as well.

Phoenixfire
04-29-2014, 07:33 AM
agreed, why give keys out to people with the broken state of the game atm.

Khazrakh
04-29-2014, 07:36 AM
Mh.
I love Hex.
I love it more than I reasonably should.
But to be quite honest - we are not there yet. Not nearly.
This is too early, it's still more sausage factory than actual sausage.

Gorgol
04-29-2014, 07:39 AM
We are not ready, way too early.

ossuary
04-29-2014, 07:44 AM
I also notice that all the links to HEX from there are actually GameForge's version of the site, not the real hextcg.com version.

Phoenixfire
04-29-2014, 07:54 AM
omg wtf is that site,???

why are people being segregated into multiple clients and forums??

Barkam
04-29-2014, 07:55 AM
I sure hope this isnt true. Hex is not ready. Tournaments, AH and direct trading are needed first before opening to non-kickstarters. This is bad.

Edit: oh man. I went to the webpage and read the teaser. These new people are definitely going to be sorely disappointed. I keep seeing decisions that you only make when strapped for cash.

ossuary
04-29-2014, 07:57 AM
It's especially bad because both the giveaway article and the GameForge page it links to promise all the things that aren't actually in the game yet (like the MMO part). This is WAY jumping the gun, and is just going to make things look even worse than they are.

Galvayra
04-29-2014, 07:57 AM
Where do i use the key?

AstaSyneri
04-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Mh.
I love Hex.
I love it more than I reasonably should.
But to be quite honest - we are not there yet. Not nearly.
This is too early, it's still more sausage factory than actual sausage.

But when there is sausage coming out, it's really tasty ;-).

I agree, though - it's very early for "newbloods". We need tournaments, AH, guilds, and of course the Arena all working properly.

Cernz
04-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Where do i use the key?

i guess you have to register on the hextcg website.

here are some informations:

http://hextcg.com/client-download/

here you have to register:

https://hextcg.com/hex-registered/

MDRockstar
04-29-2014, 07:59 AM
This is bad seriously. The tournaments are not even working...

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Expecting to see a Gameforge PR about buying Hex and CZE quietly walking away in the next few days

Kami
04-29-2014, 08:03 AM
Expecting to see a Gameforge PR about buying Hex and CZE quietly walking away in the next few days

If that happens, it would be Facebook buying Occulus Rift all over again.

I'm really doubtful this would hapen.

Galvayra
04-29-2014, 08:04 AM
i guess you have to register on the hextcg website.

here are some informations:

http://hextcg.com/client-download/

here you have to register:

https://hextcg.com/hex-registered/

Already have the client , can't register an account tho

Khazrakh
04-29-2014, 08:04 AM
But when there is sausage coming out, it's really tasty ;-).

Oh and how it will be tasty! But this is not now, it's not tomorrow and it's not next week.
Honestly though, I don't know why this is happening. If money shortage really was a problem - why not ask the community for more? Do a Set 2 Booster Pre-Sale, a drafting subscription for the next year at 10% off or what ever. I believe in this game, I really do - but people coming in now, not knowing the game, not being involved in it, having read the article on that site...they'll say it's a rubbish game...and I can't even blame them.

This is sad :(

Phoenixfire
04-29-2014, 08:18 AM
Yeah we are really ready for large influx of people

http://i.imgur.com/bi9YRwh.jpg

Daer
04-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Yeah seems premature. In the in-game chat Hex people have repeatedly said that beta invites wouldn't be going out for a couple weeks.

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 08:22 AM
If that happens, it would be Facebook buying Occulus Rift all over again.

I'm really doubtful this would hapen.

Perfect analogy of what seems to be happening

Game itself is rapidly regressing

Alequel
04-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Well out of the currently 13 posts I have made, I think about 4 or 5 of them are exactly the same but! GAMEFORGE SUCKS, and if I had to bet , I would bet that this is their idea and not CZE's.

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Well out of the currently 13 posts I have made, I think about 4 or 5 of them are exactly the same but! GAMEFORGE SUCKS, and if I had to bet , I would bet that this is their idea and not CZE's.

It doesn't really matter who's idea it was, unless these keys are going to some other server, everyone else will still be impacted.

To quote Cory's last blog post "You have trusted me this far, so please stick with me."

I'm running out of trust, Cory, or Gameforge, or whoever is running this game at the moment

YourOpponent
04-29-2014, 08:44 AM
This is way too premature. I'm guessing this is strictly a GameForge idea because CZE has enough common sense to not do such an obviously stupid move as sending Beta Keys out when things are currently working wrong...and is unable to fulfill the promises being claimed.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 08:46 AM
I also notice that all the links to HEX from there are actually GameForge's version of the site, not the real hextcg.com version.

I have the feeling this is entirely down to Gameforge being underhanded scumbags.

Gorgol
04-29-2014, 08:47 AM
I have the feeling this is entirely down to Gameforge being underhanded scumbags.

Which is just making CZE look worse and worse. :mad:

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 08:49 AM

Which is just making CZE look worse and worse. :mad:

Yeah, these "underhanded scumbags" are taking our money in the store in this game, I would like to think they are a bit more reliable than that.

hammer
04-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Cory - please come and douse these flames rather than posting in threads on donations and plat. #justsaying
Although to be fair enabling Colin to spend his cash on Hex is probably a high-priority for the games mid-term success :p

Gorgol
04-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Guess CZE no longer cares about the whole "first impressions are important" if they're willing to give away keys right now while so much isn't working.

Kami
04-29-2014, 08:58 AM
I'd say people should step back and take a deep breath.

Until we see the final result, I don't see any reason to panic just yet. These are still growing pains imo.

elfstone
04-29-2014, 09:00 AM
oy vey. Poor HexRex has had to deal with us alpha testers. Now he's gonna get bombarded with new blood? the man doesnt just need a raise, he needs a title :P

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Cory - please come and douse these flames rather than posting in threads on donations and plat. #justsaying
Although to be fair enabling Colin to spend his cash on Hex is probably a high-priority for the games mid-term success :p

This would be much appreciated given that:

Tourneys are dead
CM tools are bugged(dead?)
Mysterious Gameforge intro added in patch earlier
Additional Beta keys being given away
Mac port is dead

Yoss
04-29-2014, 09:01 AM
I'd like to point out another potentially disturbing fact. Notice that your patcher now says the publisher is "Hex Entertainment, LLC" not CZE. One is tempted to ask, why is CZE legally separating itself from Hex using a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC)?

Hexgo
04-29-2014, 09:02 AM
I also think this is rather disturbing.
If it was GameForge action, what about the full control thing then?

Probably this was set along time ago and they forgot to cancel it.
However the whole advertising on the page is also way off.

hacky
04-29-2014, 09:02 AM
I'd say people should step back and take a deep breath.

Until we see the final result, I don't see any reason to panic just yet. These are still growing pains imo.

This. Too much panic over 450 keys... sure, I think it's a bit early too, but the demand will be here soon anyway.

And if you follow esports, that's pretty cool that ESL have some keys to give away.

bojanglesz
04-29-2014, 09:03 AM
I'd like to point out another potentially disturbing fact. Notice that your patcher now says the publisher is "Hex Entertainment, LLC" not CZE. One is tempted to ask, why is CZE legally separating itself from Hex using a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC)?

Honestly this is probably because CZE the board/card game company has a lot of other stuff.

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 09:04 AM
I'd bet CZE agreed that Gameforge could distribute some codes a week after Beta started to help publicize the game. That assumed that we didn't have the issues we've seen. In all the activity to get Beta back to the Alpha level of functionality, they probably forgot the "hey, hold onto those codes for a few more days" email. Nothing particularly sinister, just one of those things. Not worth worrying about in the grand scheme of things. It's not like we were promised exclusive access to the Closed Beta.

I noticed this too and was interested in why they did it. So I asked. Turns out the reason is pretty benign and completely reasonable. Nothing I'm worried about.

Yoss
04-29-2014, 09:08 AM
I noticed this too and was interested in why they did it. So I asked. Turns out the reason is pretty benign and completely reasonable. Nothing I'm worried about.

Good to know, thanks.

hacky
04-29-2014, 09:09 AM
Grabbed a key, I'll give it away on my stream later. :)

dogmod
04-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Honestly this is probably because CZE the board/card game company has a lot of other stuff.

I would say it is smart in my opinion to make an LLC and they likely should have done this prior to the Kickstarter. That part is not particularly disturbing in my opinion unless it is a step towards them selling or sharing rights with a publisher (such as gameforge).

I am okay with whats going on as long as the long term goals are not getting affected by short term thinking. The one thing to be worried about is what exactly CZE promised in their contracts with gameforge... Did they promise them certain timelines for release and if CZE does not meet those timelines then what is Gameforge's recourse through that contract? I imagine that the two driving factors pushing the hurried release are CZE needing funding for staff and all of the other glorious things as well as pressure from Gameforge either through their contract language or threats of withdrawal of support. Either way somewhat disturbing but as long as long term goals are met I am okay. My heart just goes out to CZE as they are now dealing with the pressure of expectations from a loyal and vocal fan base as well as the pressure of expectations from a ravenous corporation to which they have necessarily hitched themselves.

Rapkannibale
04-29-2014, 09:15 AM
The whole GameForge thing has always been the only thing I am mistrusting of. I trust Cory and CZE but not GameForge. I really hope Cory sticks to the whole "I will remain in full control of the game" thing.

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 09:16 AM
This would be much appreciated given that:

Tourneys are dead
CM tools are bugged(dead?)
Mysterious Gameforge intro added in patch earlier
Additional Beta keys being given away
Mac port is dead

Overreact much?

They found another load-related bug with tournaments. Had it been Alpha they'd have patched it already and we'd be playing again. As it is, they're testing the hell out of it because we have money on the line now. I want drafts ASAP too, but their approach seems pretty reasonable.
So, their GM tools can't change email addresses because of a bug? Hardly earth-shattering.
Gameforge is a distribution partner for the game. People may not like that, bit it's the reality. Look at every movie you've ever seen - there are a bunch of logos at the start with all of the companies that provided money. There will be other logos in other countries/regions too.
They're inviting other people to play the game? People who have less experience? Awesome - more draft wins for the rest of us! ;)
They didn't post a new version of the Mac client and we've not been able to play for 3 hours. Hardly endemic of some sort of Mac discrimination. It's Beta...

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 09:17 AM
Overreact much?

They found another load-related bug with tournaments. Had it been Alpha they'd have patched it already and we'd be playing again. As it is, they're testing the hell out of it because we have money on the line now. I want drafts ASAP too, but their approach seems pretty reasonable.
So, their GM tools can't change email addresses because of a bug? Hardly earth-shattering.
Gameforge is a distribution partner for the game. People may not like that, bit it's the reality. Look at every movie you've ever seen - there are a bunch of logos at the start with all of the companies that provided money. There will be other logos in other countries/regions too.
They're inviting other people to play the game? People who have less experience? Awesome - more draft wins for the rest of us! ;)
They didn't post a new version of the Mac client and we've not been able to play for 3 hours. Hardly endemic of some sort of Mac discrimination. It's Beta...

How high should the list be before people are allowed to be disappointed with whats going on

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 09:20 AM
How high should the list be before people are allowed to be disappointed with whats going on

You can be disappointed. Hell, I'm disappointed. I KNOW Cory is disappointed - he's out robbing pharmacies to replace his Draft high. ;) We only differ in what our expectations are - these sorts of hiccups are in line with my expectations. It's Beta, and that's how these things go. I remember not being able to play WoW for days at a time almost a year into full release. Shit happens.

Revoluketion
04-29-2014, 09:21 AM
YEah bad move on them..

incitfulmonk21
04-29-2014, 09:28 AM
I'd bet CZE agreed that Gameforge could distribute some codes a week after Beta started to help publicize the game. That assumed that we didn't have the issues we've seen. In all the activity to get Beta back to the Alpha level of functionality, they probably forgot the "hey, hold onto those codes for a few more days" email. Nothing particularly sinister, just one of those things. Not worth worrying about in the grand scheme of things. It's not like we were promised exclusive access to the Closed Beta.

I personally would love new people to play with and the more the merrier (mostly) my big problem is that the article is saying come do all this stuff but none of that stuff is in the game yet. So even if it is a hey we forgot to tell them to hold off thing it should have been a hey don't lie to people about things that aren't in the game yet.

hacky
04-29-2014, 09:30 AM
I'm surprised more people are panicking than seeing this as an opportunity to get an early key for a friend or acquaintance. Or for giveaway.

The alarmist OP doesn't help. Keep the numbers in perspective -- 21k people in closed beta, what is 450 more?

Even if there are more key giveaways, the sky isn't falling. Put those tinfoil hats away.

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 09:30 AM
I personally would love new people to play with and the more the merrier (mostly) my big problem is that the article is saying come do all this stuff but none of that stuff is in the game yet. So even if it is a hey we forgot to tell them to hold off thing it should have been a hey don't lie to people about things that aren't in the game yet.

100% agree. The site giving away the keys could have been more up front about what was actually available at this point in the game's development, rather than relying on the marketing snippets.

GhundiPI
04-29-2014, 09:31 AM
I can only agree that it seems just too early to let in other people, especially those who have no prior knowledge nor any invested interest in Hex. Currently first impressions aren't good, especially if you have no knowledge of the whole project. These days it can take only a small vocal group to 'destroy' a game before it is released. Not saying that is going to happen, but I am saying that currently it is not a good idea to let random people have a peek at the 'sausage factory' in its current condition.

450 Keys isn't much yet, and a lot of those are probably being grabbed by people already in Hex (I also claimed a key), but it is the intention of the giveaway and the potential of other giveaways that is slightly worrying.

MrSeriousBsns
04-29-2014, 09:37 AM

Yeah, thanks for the inside scoop, Colin. Nice to put suspicion to rest.

Barkam
04-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Handing out keys is not the problem. Over selling is.

Mahes
04-29-2014, 09:39 AM
Image is everything. This not just a catch phrase. This makes the creators and developers look incompetent to the public, who are not aware of the condition of the game.

This needs to be dealt with as soon as possible before this balloons. A forum I frequent has already linked the Beta keys and so this is spreading pretty fast. The news that the game does not work as intended, and does not have what is being advertised, will spread even faster.

Gorgol
04-29-2014, 09:41 AM
Technically, if we all take a key, then we solve the problem ourselves, just saying ... at least this time.

dogmod
04-29-2014, 09:42 AM
Technically, if we all take a key, then we solve the problem ourselves, just saying ... at least this time.

Keys are all gone.. tried to grab one :)

hacky
04-29-2014, 09:44 AM
I fail to see what is being "oversold". No info on the ESL article, which is tiny and simply a synopsis, isn't also being advertised on the Hex Kickstarter and our own hextcg.com.

Early? Yes. Unstable? Sure. Ultimately overselling? Not more than other official sources.

To their credit, ESL does caution under the download link that the game is in closed beta so expect bugs.

Athravan
04-29-2014, 09:46 AM
Concerning; anyone who gets a key from a 3rd party site right now, without having much pre-interest in Hex, is going to be disappointed and given a very bad impression by the existing state of the game - this is an impression they'll go on to pass to their friends, on forums and reddit.

It's one thing to ask people who've backed it since the kickstarter to have patience and understand the problems; it's another to expect Joe Bloggs from the general public who just heard about the game to have a positive impression when he logs on right now.

First impressions count. This isn't just a few hundred beta keys; this is a few hundred voices on the internet spreading their opinions and impressions which can reach a much larger audience.

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 09:46 AM
You can be disappointed. Hell, I'm disappointed. I KNOW Cory is disappointed - he's out robbing pharmacies to replace his Draft high. ;) We only differ in what our expectations are - these sorts of hiccups are in line with my expectations. It's Beta, and that's how these things go. I remember not being able to play WoW for days at a time almost a year into full release. Shit happens.

I know you are far more invested in this game than I am, so I can understand your support for it. However, don't you think a player base having a "shit happens" attitude is pretty unhealthy for a game? Don't you want Hex to be more than a card store?

Barkam
04-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Hacky, you overestimate the patience, ignorance and intellect of the general public. Re-read the the article as a 10yr old who has only played WoW and try to anticipate their emotions when they actually join the game. Call me a pessimist, it comes with the job description. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 09:51 AM
I know you are far more invested in this game than I am, so I can understand your support for it. However, don't you think a player base having a "shit happens" attitude is pretty unhealthy for a game? Don't you want Hex to be more than a card store?

It's very early in Beta - "Shit Happens" is the ONLY attitude to have. ;) On release day, not so much...

Of course I want it to be a huge success, and live up to the promise of Cory's vision. But that takes time, and determination, and money, and patience from the folks who are here at the beginning...

Barkam
04-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Yup. Bad reviews/impressions spread faster than good ones.

Barkam
04-29-2014, 09:53 AM
It's very early in Beta - "Shit Happens" is the ONLY attitude to have. ;) On release day, not so much...

Of course I want it to be a huge success, and live up to the promise of Cory's vision. But that takes time, and determination, and money, and patience from the folks who are here at the beginning...

That's the problem. These new people with these new b beta keys are NOT the people that have been here from the beginning.

Shinjica
04-29-2014, 09:55 AM

I can understand the "shit happens" aptitude and see beta for what it is but give out 500 invite right now semm a very risky move from CZE.

Like other people said, bad review tend to have a major impact than good review.

hacky
04-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Hacky, you overestimate the patience, ignorance and intellect of the general public. Re-read the the article as a 10yr old who has only played WoW and try to anticipate their emotions when they actually join the game. Call me a pessimist, it comes with the job description. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Is a 10-year-old who has only played WoW the kind of person that would hold interest in a fully-featured HEX anyway? There's no losing what is already lost.

Some of the keys will go to people that won't like HEX to begin with. This is always a given. It's up to us, instead of giving up on all of these players, to provide a community that can convince those that can be convinced to stick around and enjoy the closed beta ride -- we know what the goal is, and that is the product that we all want to see succeed.

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 10:01 AM
Is a 10-year-old who has only played WoW the kind of person that would hold interest in a fully-featured HEX anyway? There's no losing what is already lost.

Some of the keys will go to people that won't like HEX to begin with. This is always a given. It's up to us, instead of giving up on all of these players, to provide a community that can convince those that can be convinced to stick around and enjoy the closed beta ride -- we know what the goal is, and that is the product that we all want to see succeed.

Agreed.

I'd respectfully suggest that part of that is to refrain from engaging in "the sky is falling" scare mongering on the official forums... :)

Gorgol
04-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Agreed.

I'd respectfully suggest that part of that is to refrain from engaging in "the sky is falling" scare mongering on the official forums... :)
which official forums? these or the gameforge ones?

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Agreed.

patch my mac client and you have a deal

TJTaylor
04-29-2014, 10:05 AM
GameForge has an official HEX forum?

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 10:05 AM

The internet! Everywhere! ;)

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 10:07 AM

As far as I am aware, these are the only official forums. The gameforge one is something secondary, and seem more set up for support than hosting a playerbase.

I had a good look around, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is limited to international language support, and not much else.

hacky
That's the problem. These new people with these new b beta keys are NOT the people that have been here from the beginning.

This is a dangerous attitude to take. Elitist, even.

When I livestream HEX, and viewers come in and ask about the game, they WANT to get into HEX. I'm fully upfront and point out the features not implemented, the bugs in the game, but also explain the potential. They still want in.

Those players will be new, and are going to be a boon to our community, and I want to get them into HEX when I can.

Gorgol
GameForge has an official HEX forum?

the ESL link links to it directly. "Official HEX: Shards of Fate website" http://en.hex.gameforge.com/#/ click "Forums" and you will see it. I suppose it could be the official EU site and forums though which I guess makes sense.

nicosharp
04-29-2014, 10:11 AM
The game is fine, and people will enjoy it, but there is no award system in place right now for players starting with 1 starter deck. They get a very limited view of the game, and may feel obligated to spend money on packs to have a better experience.

I think in the least, the specifics of the closed beta and what is available needs to be reiterated everywhere when giving it out to new players. Expectations now for a beta client can differ drastically based on players past experiences with games in all phases of development.

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 10:11 AM
This is a dangerous attitude to take. Elitist, even.

When I livestream HEX, and viewers come in and ask about the game, they WANT to get into HEX. I'm fully upfront and point out the features not implemented, the bugs in the game, but also explain the potential. They still want in.

Those players will be new, and are going to be a boon to our community, and I want to get them into HEX when I can.

It's not elitist to want new players to have a better experience that what is currently going on right now. If it is, then just open the doors now and let everyone jump in.

TJTaylor
04-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Ah! I see now. Thanks!

Perhaps this it the upgrade to the forums they've been talking about. I use the term upgrade loosely.

the ESL link links to it directly. "Official HEX: Shards of Fate website" http://en.hex.gameforge.com/#/ click "Forums" and you will see it. I suppose it could be the official EU site and forums though which I guess makes sense.

hacky
04-29-2014, 10:13 AM
It's not elitist to want new players to have a better experience that what is currently going on right now. If it is, then just open the doors now and let everyone jump in.

I was only responding to "are NOT the people that have been here from the beginning."

Nowhere in the post I quoted was any mention of wanting them to have the best experience possible. For every legion of non-understanding idiots on the internet, there are a surprising number of reasonable people who know what a beta is.

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 10:14 AM

There's already a thread asking to nerf Angel - everything is right with the world! :P

Oli
04-29-2014, 10:21 AM
From the ESL-Page:

As the game is still in the Closed Beta phase minor problems or bugs might still occur, so make sure to test it more than once, even if you encountered one.
I'm unsure if people should only expect "minor problems" as of now...

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 10:22 AM
From the ESL-Page:

I'm unsure if people should only expect "minor problems" as of now...

They should link Cory's upcoming blog post titled "If alpha is working in a sausage factory, beta is falling into the grinder"

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Perhaps this it the upgrade to the forums they've been talking about. I use the term upgrade loosely.

Nope.

EntropyBall
04-29-2014, 10:32 AM
There's already a thread asking to nerf Angel - everything is right with the world! :P

Someone should link that thread to the thread on nerfing Angel in these forums, then they will be aware they are missing out on the real Hex forums.

On topic, I'm not thrilled to see 450 new keys go out at this exact time, but hopefully a lot of them will go to friends of KS backers who temper the expectations of the new players. I think this beta will substantially better in about a week. Right now its worse than alpha was in some ways, but when they get tournaments straightened out I think the anxiety on the forums will drop dramatically.

Hexgo
04-29-2014, 10:46 AM

Haha, yeah, they are us!

Khazrakh
04-29-2014, 10:46 AM

The more I look at this this site, the less I like it.
They have community managers in every major language, some kind of puzzle you have to solve to get a prize, a Moderator by the name of Werring posting stuff like

I have to agree with you on the power of such a card in your deck.
I will make a ticket for the Cryptozioc devs to look at this card.

Who does he claim or even think to be?
But more importantly: What is Gameforge up to with all that stuff?
I know I know, I might be overreacting a lot, but I really am very worried where this may lead us in the near future :(

Daer
04-29-2014, 10:48 AM
I like how their puzzle is the spoiler from last years GenCon, old frames and all

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 10:52 AM
I know I know, I might be overreacting a lot, but I really am very worried where this may lead us in the near future :(

Someone who overestimates their power and is trying to project a persona in that forum.

No way they have any real say in any meaningful way, especially on card design.

Also - Cory posted a comprehensive response to this thread in General.

Khazrakh
04-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Someone who overestimates their power and is trying to project a persona in that forum.

Yeah just read it. It's amazing like Cory has that power to write something down you're going to read in his voice at once and that once again makes you feel comfy and like everything is going to be alright.

I'm going to step down for now, I still trust in this game, in CZE and in Cory especially. I'll try to leave Gameforge alone as good as I can but still, they give me that bad feeling.
Reading Corys post and looking at that abomination of an "Official Hex Website"...honestly, it's like day and night to me.

Kroan
04-29-2014, 11:04 AM

Huh? Where?

ossuary
04-29-2014, 11:06 AM
Huh? Where?

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35126

Kroan
04-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Ah. It's a stick. I never look at those. Thanks!

Vengus
04-29-2014, 11:25 AM
The more I look at this this site, the less I like it.
They have community managers in every major language, some kind of puzzle you have to solve to get a prize, a Moderator by the name of Werring posting stuff like

All mods on the Gameforge forums are volunteers. They are not actually employees of Gameforge. They are essentially like the modbots on this forum.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 11:29 AM
The puzzle is Zeedu. Can't be bothered registering just to enter though.

Khazrakh
04-29-2014, 11:32 AM

Well I got myself to register and make a post on the German boards.
I may not like Gameforge, but Cory was somewhat inspiring - if I can help to get new players interested in Hex then I'll do my very best.

Svenn
04-29-2014, 11:35 AM
I wonder if this Gameforge site/forums are the new forums we've been promised for some time?

TJTaylor
04-29-2014, 11:37 AM
I wonder if this Gameforge site/forums are the new forums we've been promised for some time?

Colin says no. I was wondering the same thing :)

Khazrakh
04-29-2014, 11:37 AM

To quote Colin:

No.

;)

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 11:46 AM

If they were (and I know they are not) I would simply stop posting. I set up an SMF forum that frankly looks better than that, and I did it in a matter of days, with little to no knowledge ahead of time.

I am slightly biased though. Still, I would hate to post there on a regular basis.

Kami
04-29-2014, 11:50 AM
Well, it's not entirely false.

On the GameForge forum itself, near the top of the board:

"Official European Forum"

I'll admit I question the value of segregating the US/EU players though considering that they will be in the same garden.

Shaqattaq
04-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Hi all. I can understand why people feel so strongly about this game. We've all come together to make it happen. Still, we as a group should be welcoming to anybody who wants to join. Imagine this is your local card store and you're hoping to have bigger tournaments, more friends, and everything that comes with being a big, successful store. Of course you'll always have your closest friends, but this community will be successful by being warm and welcoming to anybody who joins. HEX is a place for everyone.

Gameforge is a great partner in platform services and proving HEX the ability to grow as a game. ESL is an eSports league, and having them share those codes allows for some of their fans to potentially play HEX. It is important to make those general connections to those fans considering HEX's aspirations.

As for Gameforge's moderators, they have volunteers and official community managers. Also note that many of those people speak English as a second language. I read that post as "I agree with you, and I'll make R&D aware of this thread." The person is acknowledging the opinion of community members and making sure that opinion is visible to our R&D team. That sounds great to me.

Alpha players will be able to attest that the game continues to show improvement and new features continue to roll out. This will be true of Beta, and we will get through these bugs. Remember, this entire game is new and doing very bold things, so that will take some time. Did the keys go out maybe a little early considering the state of the game? Maybe. Are keys going out through eSports leagues and others with an audience that could really dig HEX a great thing for the game? Definitely.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Well, it's not entirely false.

On the GameForge forum itself, near the top of the board:

"Official European Forum"

In name only :D

I am not exaggerating when I say 90% of the EU players post here and not there (those that visit forums at least.)

Kami
04-29-2014, 11:53 AM

I already completed the puzzle and sent it in. *lol*

*may or may not be bored at work*

*whistles innocently*

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 11:59 AM
I just took a screenshot of my Zeedu from the DL dinner and sent that.

Kami
04-29-2014, 12:00 PM

Even though you don't like their forums? :)

But yeah, the puzzle looks very, very, slightly different than the Zeedu from the DL dinner. Probably from the puzzle conversion process.

Gorgol
04-29-2014, 12:00 PM
cheater

Patrigan
04-29-2014, 12:03 PM

So much work :s

http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Zeedu

Shaqattaq
04-29-2014, 12:08 PM
You guys are too much focused on the fact that it has already been spoiled. Aren't you excited that we're going to try some new ways to preview cards and provide activities outside of the game? ;)

Kami
04-29-2014, 12:11 PM
So much work :s

http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Zeedu

Nah... this is so much work:

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 12:12 PM
Yes shaq. I am actually very excited. I'm just sad that I now have an entirely different forum and game forge hex page to check. I'd have preferred as many things stay unified as possible. But I'm antsy about beta, and it's definitely starting to feel real.

Makizushi
04-29-2014, 12:23 PM
I'd have preferred as many things stay unified as possible
Agreed. Even Wulven managed to make language-specific subforums for EU/ASIA etc.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 12:25 PM
You guys are too much focused on the fact that it has already been spoiled. Aren't you excited that we're going to try some new ways to preview cards and provide activities outside of the game? ;)

I will get excited... When you start spoiling new cards! Mwahahahahaha!

Guap
04-29-2014, 12:26 PM
I feel sorry for anyone that's joining the game at this point in it's development. Welcome to Hex, you can't do anything, but enjoy whatever buggy 1v1 game you can manage to get through without getting stuck in a priority bug.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 12:28 PM
I feel sorry for anyone that's joining the game at this point in it's development. Welcome to Hex, you can't do anything, but enjoy whatever buggy 1v1 game you can manage to get through without getting stuck in a priority bug.

You would have felt worse if you saw them get into alpha, back in the days before they fixed it up... Had that been unleashed on those poor people, Hex would surely die, as would all our dreams for it.

Shaqattaq
04-29-2014, 12:30 PM
Eventually we'll have everyone in one spot, as we want to treat all players the same and allow everyone equal, instant access to information. We just have to decide what's the best short-term solution for that, see how that shakes out and what features players want, then determine some long-term solution.

Kami
04-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Eventually we'll have everyone in one spot, as we want to treat all players the same and allow everyone equal, instant access to information. We just have to decide what's the best short-term solution for that, see how that shakes out and what features players want, then determine some long-term solution.

If it's in regards to forums... I'm still hoping for Tapatalk (optional) support. I know it's not possible here due to the authentication system but if it becomes a possibility, I'm all for it. :)

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 12:33 PM

Ideally, a forum set out like this, with more features (if possible) and maybe Hex related avatars (it would make conversations easier to track in the long run.)

Then get everyone in here and add multi-language support. Done!

Shaqattaq
04-29-2014, 12:42 PM
Even mentioning VBulletin work to a developer is enough to make them run for the hills. Ideally, what I'd like is fairly simple, but it's a significant amount of work no matter which platform we end up on. There will definitely be an in-between phase where the primary value is that everyone is on the same forum.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 12:51 PM
Even mentioning VBulletin work to a developer is enough to make them run for the hills. Ideally, what I'd like is fairly simple, but it's a significant amount of work no matter which platform we end up on. There will definitely be an in-between phase where the primary value is that everyone is on the same forum.

I have known a fair few good VBulletin forums, so I don't see why that would be a turnoff. I could suggest SMF (they are free, and fairly easy to customise) but I feel that would be a fairly tacky option for the official forums for Hex. Fine for my guild forums however!

If you have time, Shaq, have a look at my guild forums and browse around at some of the neat ideas I have attempted to implement. Things like Hex related posting ranks, Hex sleeves/cards as activity notifiers, etc. I think you could take the general theme of that idea and extrapolate on it extensively, and come up with something sleek and awesome.

http://hex.chopstixz.net/forum/

Ogodei
04-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Now they've gone totally nuts. Honestly I wouldn't let any more people into beta before there is at least a PvE dungeon available. With the only free activity being able to get crushed in proving grounds by KS backers with your starter deck, it won't be a very positive experience. I hope their greed won't ruin the game. Monetized beta at the current state of the game was more than enough, please slow down now.

EntropyBall
04-29-2014, 01:58 PM

I thought the Zeedu puzzle was cool. I'd seen the card before, and didn't even know/care that rearranging the pieces entered you into something. I guess I just like puzzles.

It doesn't seem like people in this thread are at all against more closed beta participants, mostly just the timing of bringing brand new people in to a client that is pretty broken right now.

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 02:27 PM
I've spent some time on the other forums, and talking to the EU community manager. They're being pretty up front with things being broken on their forums if not on the giveaway itself, hopefully this will be a positive experience.

the_artic_one
04-29-2014, 03:24 PM

Plugging forum software that I rather like. (http://fangamer.com/blog/community/software/)

schild
04-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Hi all. I can understand why people feel so strongly about this game. We've all come together to make it happen. Still, we as a group should be welcoming to anybody who wants to join. Imagine this is your local card store and you're hoping to have bigger tournaments, more friends, and everything that comes with being a big, successful store. Of course you'll always have your closest friends, but this community will be successful by being warm and welcoming to anybody who joins. HEX is a place for everyone.

Gameforge is a great partner in platform services and proving HEX the ability to grow as a game. ESL is an eSports league, and having them share those codes allows for some of their fans to potentially play HEX. It is important to make those general connections to those fans considering HEX's aspirations.

As for Gameforge's moderators, they have volunteers and official community managers. Also note that many of those people speak English as a second language. I read that post as "I agree with you, and I'll make R&D aware of this thread." The person is acknowledging the opinion of community members and making sure that opinion is visible to our R&D team. That sounds great to me.

Alpha players will be able to attest that the game continues to show improvement and new features continue to roll out. This will be true of Beta, and we will get through these bugs. Remember, this entire game is new and doing very bold things, so that will take some time. Did the keys go out maybe a little early considering the state of the game? Maybe. Are keys going out through eSports leagues and others with an audience that could really dig HEX a great thing for the game? Definitely.

Gooby pls. Stahp.

Brofellos
04-29-2014, 04:02 PM
"a little early"

Lemme know when I can buy, sell, trade, play in tournaments, perma-hide group chat, etc

bojanglesz
04-29-2014, 04:22 PM
"a little early"

Lemme know when I can buy, sell, trade, play in tournaments, perma-hide group chat, etc

I agree. "Come try this awesome MMOTCG with fully fledged PVP and tournaments, along with a F2P PVE portion"

Opens client, "Oh...I can only 1v1 people"

Thrawn
04-29-2014, 04:44 PM
I agree. "Come try this awesome MMOTCG with fully fledged PVP and tournaments, along with a F2P PVE portion"

Opens client, "Oh...I can only 1v1 people"

You forgot the part where they want to charge you for most of it. Whoever let those keys go out right now shouldn't have a job anymore.

GrinningBuddha
04-29-2014, 04:55 PM
If you win a closed beta key and expect the game to be feature complete and bug-free, you're gonna have a bad time. CZE is not advertising Hex as complete so your argument falls flat.

The keys probably shouldn't have been released just yet but it's hardly going to impact the game. CZE will continue to work on the code, things will improve and this will be a distant memory. Hardly worth getting worked up over.

bojanglesz
04-29-2014, 04:56 PM
If you win a closed beta key and expect the game to be feature complete and bug-free, you're gonna have a bad time. CZE is not advertising Hex as complete so your argument falls flat.

The keys probably shouldn't have been released just yet but it's hardly going to impact the game. CZE will continue to work on the code, things will improve and this will be a distant memory. Hardly worth getting worked up over.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/new_games/news/241567/:

"Today we have 450 Beta Keys for you for the Closed Beta of HEX, which is a new genre - an MMO and a TCG at the same time: play with your friends in a guild, shape your champion, gather unique cards and master the strategic gameplay!"

"HEX combines the advantages of an online multiplayer role-playing game (MMO) with the exciting aspects of a trading card game (TCG): discover an active community and role-playing elements that mix in with captivating collection and strategic gameplay. It's a whole new genre - the MMO-TCG!"

HEX basically has none of that none. It doesn't even have trading. I guess you can collect cards. You can play 1v1 matches.

GrinningBuddha
04-29-2014, 05:03 PM
Nowhere does it say it has all that right now in closed beta. If Hex fails to meet those guidelines by the time it's released, then by all means voice your displeasure. In the meantime, the more we test this game and the higher quality our feedback, the better game we're going to get come release.

You get what you give.

Deathfog
04-29-2014, 06:35 PM
A very rudimentary dungeon for the most basic PvE would be a good idea even if the rewards/pve cards/mercs/champion leveling/etc. aren't in the game yet. Could make for a good tutorial.

tautologico
04-29-2014, 07:28 PM

I got a closed beta key to Hearthstone and it was already fun to play and feature-complete (considering what they promised, which of course was far less than HEX), besides being very polished. There were some bugs that mostly didn't get in the way of playing, and lots of balance changes happened, but the game was very fun to play from day 1.

Right now the HEX closed beta is little more (actually, it's less) than a monetized alpha, lots of things don't work and what's there is very very rough. Although 450 keys won't make a significant impact, I really don't think right now is a good time for letting more people in.

oncewasblind
04-29-2014, 07:59 PM
I got a closed beta key to Hearthstone and it was already fun to play and feature-complete (considering what they promised, which of course was far less than HEX), besides being very polished. There were some bugs that mostly didn't get in the way of playing, and lots of balance changes happened, but the game was very fun to play from day 1.

Right now the HEX closed beta is little more (actually, it's less) than a monetized alpha, lots of things don't work and what's there is very very rough. Although 450 keys won't make a significant impact, I really don't think right now is a good time for letting more people in.

When did you get your closed beta key to Hearthstone though? Doubt it was in its first week, since Blizzard generally only releases to friends and family, and then media outlets first. HEX is still in its first week of closed beta. Two to three weeks from now, tournaments should be up, as well as trading and the auction house.

One week out of alpha is still going to look a lot like alpha.

Niedar
04-29-2014, 08:01 PM
Hearthstone was fine from the start.

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 08:05 PM

No, it wasn't. Even now it's really, really polished, but it's not perfect.

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 08:06 PM

...Nope, Hearthstone was fine from when the public was allowed access. CZE didn't play that game, they let us into the entire process. If you couldn't see the game until 6 months from now, and they called that closed beta and gave keys I imagine Hex would be "fine from the start" from your point of view as well.

Niedar
04-29-2014, 08:07 PM
You know exactly what I was talking about, how could a game be fine before the first line of code as been written. Stop playing dumb.

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 08:43 PM
You obviously didn't understand what I was saying.

You are seeing hex at a different stage of development than you saw hearthstone.

At this stage in HS development it was not fine either. Blizzard just didn't let people see it.

Niedar
04-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Oh, you mean the stage where both start taking peoples money but it is Hex that is at the stage where there will be no wipes?

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Nope, you know exactly what I mean, stop playing dumb.

Niedar
04-29-2014, 08:48 PM
No, you don't mean anything because it is not true.

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Tell me, how long was HS in internal closed beta before the first non FnF invite was sent?

Patrigan
04-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Edit: ignore this...

Makizushi
04-29-2014, 10:18 PM
Oh my, a slapping contest! *grabs popcorn*

wolzarg
04-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Have you seen the position swap bug its basically gamebreaking and they have nothing to say about it. It was also full of crashes arenas not actually letting you in after you payed losing games as soon as you got matched up. Oh and if you dc in arena well tough tittys. So not, fine not at all. That is besides the people who hacked the game for infinite mana and life who i know got banned but they still ruined peoples arenas with no comp.

Alequel
04-29-2014, 11:59 PM
Seriously , it is extremely Dumb to compare HS with Hex. HS is a Blizzard game they have hundreds of people and millions if not billions of dollars to spare, with a constant source of income. Even then, complexity wise you need to be really dumb or ignorant (HS might be the first TCG you have ever played and you don't know anything about Hex or MtG) to even think about comparing Hex to HS. A much bigger, much more experienced company with a lot more resources to spare made a much simpler game. Wake up guys seriously...

Ginaz
04-30-2014, 01:49 AM
I don't know if it's a good idea to give out beta keys when most of the major features either aren't in game yet or don't work. Doubly so since one of the major features that actually DOES work is the store. "Hey guys, here's some free beta keys, even though you can only 1v1 right now and there's no AH, no pve, no guilds, no tournaments etc etc but you CAN spend real money to buy plat and VIP".:rolleyes:

All that being said, I'm having a lot of fun so far and feel issues with missing and broken features will be (mostly) resolved by the end of the summer.