PDA

View Full Version : Account Question

Phoenixfire
04-29-2014, 07:40 AM
Any rules about having more then 1 account?

Also, is there a IRC or public teamspeak for people?

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 09:19 AM
CZE does not complain specifically about multiple accounts as long as you do not use botting services, or attempt to sign up for multiple VIP subs. Either infraction could land you with a ban, quite easily.

But actually owning multiple accounts isn't against any rules I know of, but there is no real benefit (except maybe to solo raid? If that interests you.)

Daer
04-29-2014, 09:24 AM
I have multiple so I can get any account bound mercs.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 09:25 AM

I had forgotten about that.

Yoss
04-29-2014, 09:38 AM

So far I don't know of any mercs that you'll get locked out of on an account, which then would require a second account to access.

dogmod
04-29-2014, 09:41 AM
So far I don't know of any mercs that you'll get locked out of on an account, which then would require a second account to access.

Squirrels V Dinosaur mercs have been confirmed to be 1 out of 2 per account

Daer
04-29-2014, 09:42 AM
They have mentioned that there will be account bound mercenaries in the game. One example is the Squirrels vs. Dinosaur dungeon, where when you pick 1 side you are locked out of the other on the account. I think they said each year they would change out who was battling.

Yoss
04-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Ugh, that's horrible. This is why we need multiple keeps per account. No one should EVER feel compelled to multi-account.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Ugh, that's horrible. This is why we need multiple keeps per account. No one should EVER feel compelled to multi-account.

Yeah, thats the one disappointing feature (or anti-feature!) left for me so far. I thought I heard that they will basically have the same effects with different skins (so you choose your faction and get a cosmetic version) but if it is ever a gameplay changing effect then I sincerely hope we get a shot at both.

I don't even care if it ends up being an event like childrens week in WoW, that for 2 weeks you can befriend old factions to get the cross-over rewards.

Yoss
04-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Vanity stuff doesn't bother me. Missing story arc does and gameplay does, and I shouldn't need a new account to experience everything. I don't mind being forced to "start over" with a new character (keep) on the same account. I DO mind having to move my entire deck and equipment over to a new account just so I can see the rest of the story.

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 11:51 AM
I think it's awesome that you have make real choices that preclude you from making other choices. Having to pick a faction in a war is common trope in MMO's and one I am fond of when done correctly. If you feel the need to make a nd accound to choose the other path. That's on you. But honestly diminishes the story IMO.