PDA

View Full Version : VIP with Paypal

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Has anyone managed to get VIP access using only paypal yet? Specifically people in EU. My paypal account has the funds, and I have contacted paypal, but the transaction still fails to process, and I am starting to think it is gameforges issue, not my own. I don't even know if I can contact them right now (I cannot find office hours anywhere) and the only number I can find is german, and I don't feel like being billed large amounts for support.

So - does paypal even work with VIP without needing a credit card? If not, then half of EU is screwed.

Svenn
04-29-2014, 08:46 AM
I used Paypal to buy a VIP subscription, but I had it set up to pull directly from my credit card through Paypal. I am also in the US though.

Marsden
04-29-2014, 08:48 AM
Terms of use link to https://billing.gameforge.com/ for support, I think you could open a ticket there?

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 08:51 AM
I used Paypal to buy a VIP subscription, but I had it set up to pull directly from my credit card through Paypal. I am also in the US though.

Ok, thats good info, but I need confirmation from EU users if possible. I cannot get a credit card right now, no question, and I was expecting paypal to be able to be used without one - I am feeling very upset about this right now if I am locked out of VIP just because of a shitty practice.

Paypal is meant to be a complete replacement for credit cards for a large portion of Europe, due to the difficulty of getting a credit card. We need some CZE guys to go give Gameforge an earful about 'Fans first' - because this is very nearly a deal breaker for me. I don't like being treated as second class, and not even because of the main company but one of their partners instead.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 08:51 AM
Terms of use link to https://billing.gameforge.com/ for support, I think you could open a ticket there?

It isn't about delays. I cannot complete the payment - I don't even get a transaction ID, I am simply blocked. No explanation as to why.

Khazrakh
04-29-2014, 08:53 AM
I bought a yearly VIP membership via PayPal some days ago, should have been Friday or Saturday I guess. I'm from Germany.
I don't use a credit card or Paypal funds though, I'm using ELV (Elektronisches Lastschriftverfahren) - no clue if this is available anywhere else or even what the English term would be.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Ok, out of nowhere it worked after many retries. Perhaps it was down to some technical issues, but it seems to be resolved, which is a huge relief.

So we can use paypal funds (I will double check this) and do not need a credit card.

Damn, I was sooo worried.

Daer
04-29-2014, 08:59 AM
I paid with Paypal and my paypal draws from my bank account not a credit card. I'm in Canada though.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 09:02 AM
I am quite pleased now. I don't know if it is Gameforge standard policy, or if CZE twisted arms, but VIP is available to anyone who can get paypal it seems.

Also, it does continue to charge every month if you don't disable it, but I am fine with that for 3 euros a month.

Makizushi
04-29-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm from the EU, used Paypal and it worked within five minutes.

Ertzi
04-29-2014, 11:28 AM
I live in the EU and used PayPal for VIP, and it worked like a charm instantly. Mine also grabs the money straight from my credit card though. I never put any money on PayPal's account before purchasing something. And I confess, I only used PayPal because I didn't want Gameforge to have my credit card details :D I have to be wary of the bad hype at this point. I wish it was all in house already, because CZE I trust.

Ogodei
04-29-2014, 11:37 AM
I used PayPal too, also through my bank account and not credit card (Germany as well)

nekoangel
04-29-2014, 02:04 PM
i paypalled fine just now, it says auto renew though so what happens when i get my months from my tiers?