PDA

View Full Version : Combining 250 tier drafts

fido_one
04-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Hey all,

Make sure to check the 'managing Hex' sticky thread above for the general message regarding partnerships with things like Gameforge... I wanted to point out this (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35126&p=359832&viewfull=1#post359832) post from Cory greenlighting the ability to combine 250 tier year of free drafts into one account.

I'm assuming this applies to those who have a PP account and another 250 tier as Cory's post implies the intent is to not double up on accounts.

What are your thoughts? While I still hope to set up a second account for the Mrs., this was the biggest thing left with the KS that I hoped they would change so I couldn't be happier.

Yoss
04-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Glad I can merge my 1-year into my for-life.

There's actually one thing left hanging, which is whether mercenaries stack. Since they're tradeable it seems obvious that they would stack (not double, like the stretch goal for cards) one copy for each code you merge. However, I've not seen official stance on it.

Silent
04-29-2014, 12:40 PM
This is a very bad move and makes me incredibly sad. I always planned on having only a single account and the firm stance from CZE on not allowing the 1 year free draft to stack, was the sole reason, why I felt it wasn't worth it to put a collector or dungeon master on top of my other tiers. Now they are allowing it, after saying "NO!!!!!" for almost a year, even as late as 1-2 days ago in chat. I love Hex and I admire CZE, but I'm absolutely no fan of breaking "promises", that have been announced previously. Especially not, if they did it so firm as it has been with NO STACKING OF THE 1 YEAR FREE DRAFTS!

Gorgol
04-29-2014, 12:43 PM
so happy with this change. going to make my life a lot easier. A+ decision

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 12:46 PM
This is a very bad move and makes me incredibly sad. I always planned on having only a single account and the firm stance from CZE on not allowing the 1 year free draft to stack, was the sole reason, why I felt it wasn't worth it to put a collector or dungeon master on top of my other tiers. Now they are allowing it, after saying "NO!!!!!" for almost a year, even as late as 1-2 days ago in chat. I love Hex and I admire CZE, but I'm absolutely no fan of breaking "promises", that have been announced previously. Especially not, if they did it so firm as it has been with NO STACKING OF THE 1 YEAR FREE DRAFTS!

The thing to remember is, they made that decision trying to get people to buy the packages, but not camp and snipe them like they did with pro (which was getting fairly toxic).

They took almost a year to realise they were wrong, and that does suck for anyone who made the choice to abstain due to the notion that they wouldn't stack.

I just hope Cory raffles off a few each month until they are gone for good - I might still have a chance at something cool. Well, cooler than king :D

fido_one
04-29-2014, 12:49 PM

I think that 99% of people effected will see this as very positive and good for the game as it'll deter people making multiple accounts that don't need to. That doesn't mean your reaction isn't legitimate, but there have been very few promises made even from the early days of the KS, and I don't think this is one of them. Sure they said the intent was to not have them stack, and they were trying to hold to that as much as they could, but this is a super-complex process that they were projecting from the infancy stages back in the KS, of course they are going to have to waffle on some stuff.

I think I can say that anything they have waffled on has almost invariably, and amazingly, ruled in favor of the player and KS base - I think that element is more important than the details of the commitments they have to break as the game design requires it.

Silent
04-29-2014, 12:56 PM
I am very happy for everyone enjoying those surprising benefits and I was lucky enough to get a good deal out of the Kickstarter myself, so everything is fine on that end. What I very much dislike though is, that CZE announced dozens of times that those drafts were not going to stack. They argued with people asking for it during the KS and afterwards. And now, everything that has been said and what had an impact on peoples decision making is simply being reversed. I don't like it, sorry.

I have no doubt, that Cory is doing everything human possible to make this game a success and satisfy the players. But if I cannot trust something that has been stated so strongly and been made clear, that there isn't going to be a discussion about it....that does worry me. What promise or announcement, we take for granted, will be changed next? Trust is something at least I value much higher than digital goodies.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 12:58 PM
I am very happy for everyone enjoying those surprising benefits and I was lucky enough to get a good deal out of the Kickstarter myself, so everything is fine on that end. What I very much dislike though is, that CZE announced dozens of times that those drafts were not going to stack. They argued with people asking for it during the KS and afterwards. And now, everything that has been said and what had an impact on peoples decision making is simply being reversed. I don't like it, sorry.

I have no doubt, that Cory is doing everything human possible to make this game a success and satisfy the players. But if I cannot trust something that has been stated so strongly and been made clear, that there isn't going to be a discussion about it....that does worry me. What promise or announcement, we take for granted, will be changed next? Trust is something at least I value much higher than digital goodies.

Since every announcement has been aimed to be ultimately positive, I would assume it is something negative that will be reversed.

I do want to point out that Champs in PvE have changed as well, and that is up in the air still - I hear good things though.

Marsden
04-29-2014, 12:58 PM
What promise or announcement, we take for granted, will be changed next? Trust is something at least I value much higher than digital goodies.

Only ones that might be changed for the benefit of the players, based on every single previous decision by Cory.

Kami
04-29-2014, 01:01 PM
To be fair, I think this decision was more along the lines of it being impossible to enforce.

Even if they didn't allow mergers, what was going to happen is that you'd have a lot of multi-accounts. Extrapolating from this, you would also run into issues with ratings/rankings, a inaccurate number of active players in the userbase, a lot of unnecessary clutter in the database, etc.

Players are always going to game the system for as much as they are able to and this was no exception. By allowing mergers now (especially after the tiers are no longer available to be 'bought'), they have not only avoided having too many people stack (by purchasing an exorbitant amount of tiers prior) and they reduce the bloat.

Not to mention that this was a stance that CZE took, not a promise.

Saeijou
04-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Everytime Cory does something good for the community some other will be annoyed... thats life ;)
You can't satisfy everyone...
I wait for the first complaints after the drafts are up again :D

Silent
04-29-2014, 01:06 PM
To be fair, I think this decision was more along the lines of it being impossible to enforce.

Even if they didn't allow mergers, what was going to happen is that you'd have a lot of multi-accounts. Extrapolating from this, you would also run into issues with ratings/rankings, a inaccurate number of active players in the userbase, a lot of unnecessary clutter in the database, etc.

Players are always going to game the system for as much as they are able to and this was no exception. By allowing mergers now (especially after the tiers are no longer available to be 'bought'), they have not only avoided having too many people stack (by purchasing an exorbitant amount of tiers prior) and they reduce the bloat.

Not to mention that this was a stance that CZE took, not a promise.

Your arguments were made during the Kickstarter as well. It didn't change the fact, that CZE said "NO STACKING!". If something has been made that clear for almost a year and if I see official chatmessages stating the same thing like 1-2 days ago, then it worries me deeply, to see this simply being waved away and changed. I know Cory wants to do the right thing for the players and obviously everyone who benefits from it, is happy now. I'm happy for them too. I don't mind others having cool stuff. I just don't like how its been done. If I cannot trust something they state so strongly for almost a year, thats incredibly troublesome for me.

Kami
04-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Your arguments were made during the Kickstarter as well. It didn't change the fact, that CZE said "NO STACKING!". If something has been made that clear for almost a year and if I see official chatmessages stating the same thing like 1-2 days ago, then it worries me deeply, to see this simply being waved away and changed. I know Cory wants to do the right thing for the players and obviously everyone who benefits from it, is happy now. I'm happy for them too. I don't mind others having cool stuff. I just don't like how its been done. If I cannot trust something they state so strongly for almost a year, thats incredibly troublesome for me.

If it was to the detriment of the players, I'd agree. But unless you were only considering pledging more money to stack, this would not have affected you.

fido_one
04-29-2014, 01:15 PM

No reason to be sorry, while I still disagree with you on an angle or two, you make a valid point. I hope I didn't come off as marginalizing your grievance up above...

Silent
04-29-2014, 01:17 PM
If it was to the detriment of the players, I'd agree. But unless you were only considering pledging more money to stack, this would not have affected you.

I don't think, that you have to be personally affected, to be worried about such a drastic turn around about a very strongly made statement. Aside from that, I actually did consider to pledge for a Dungeon Master og Collector, because I couldn't get a fourth Pro Player Tier. Because they made it very clear, that free drafts don't stack, I decided not to, because I didn't want to have more than 1 account. So, I'm actually personally affected, although it is just a very very small part of my criticism. The worst thing for me is actually, that I'm worried about, how this took place. Cory will always do, what he thinks is best for the game and the players and thats great. But if it equals the fact, that whatever they say and no matter how clear they state it, it can be changed again tomorrow, then thats not so great.

EDIT:
@fido_one,

Don't worry. We are fine :) I really am happy for everyone else, trust me. I don't envy those who are allowed to stack now. I got plenty myself already. Its just the "HOW" I have to critisize.

Yoss
04-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Cory has always and consistently ruled in favor of the players when changing a "firm" stance. Mercenaries were changed to tradeable instead of locked. Drafts stack. I'm sure there are others.

To me, it would actually be more terrifying if CZE never ever admitted to "mistakes" and corrected them.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 01:41 PM
Cory has always and consistently ruled in favor of the players when changing a "firm" stance. Mercenaries were changed to tradeable instead of locked. Drafts stack. I'm sure there are others.

To me, it would actually be more terrifying if CZE never ever admitted to "mistakes" and corrected them.

This is an important thing to note. Even Blizzard, one of the most stubborn companies I have known, have gone back and overturned some bad decisions, That sort of thing restores the faith.

Silent
04-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Well, I agree, that it takes courage to admit mistakes and correct those. I do hope though, that this isn't going to be on a daily basis, because, as Yoss already mentioned, it hasn't been the first time. Although they didn't change their stance on something, that has been made that clear, before.

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Mercs were very clear and for a long time.

Mike411
04-29-2014, 02:40 PM
I just hope Cory raffles off a few each month until they are gone for good - I might still have a chance at something cool. Well, cooler than king :D

Giving out kickstarter stuff now? I doubt it, that would be breaking a promise...

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Giving out kickstarter stuff now? I doubt it, that would be breaking a promise...

Actually, the ones he bought back (refunded) he did specifically say may be offered up on auction, possibly for charity etc.

It isn't completely unreasonable to think he might do so, as he has put the idea out there.

Kami
04-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Actually, the ones he bought back (refunded) he did specifically say may be offered up on auction, possibly for charity etc.

It isn't completely unreasonable to think he might do so, as he has put the idea out there.

Do you have a source for this by any chance? I always thought that was just us, the community, saying they possibly might do that (if they so choose).

hammer
04-29-2014, 02:52 PM
I am glad that 250$ tiers have been allowed to stack but I find it slightly annoying that this was conveyed 5 days after we were given the accounts and codes to redeem. Overall I think it is a good move, I never really understood this restriction. I would definitely had picked up a Raid Leader tier during the kickstarter if I had known this would be the position and merge it with my dungeon crawler.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Do you have a source for this by any chance? I always thought that was just us, the community, saying they possibly might do that (if they so choose).

I have no frigging idea. But I swear it came from Cory, possibly as a joke, but Cory, no doubt about that. (At least, none in my mind. My mind though, is a dubious tool to rely on.)

hammer
04-29-2014, 02:57 PM

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29041&page=2&p=309891&viewfull=1#post309891

-Elf Apprentice

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 03:00 PM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29041&page=2&p=309891&viewfull=1#post309891

-Elf Apprentice

Nicely done. *Chalks a line under the 'not crazy' column. It looks lonely next to the hundreds in the 'crazy' column.*

Kami
04-29-2014, 03:00 PM

-Elf Apprentice

Thanks. =^_^=

Saeijou
04-29-2014, 03:25 PM
does it stack in the grand king as well? xD

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 03:28 PM
does it stack in the grand king as well? xD

Well, GK only gets the Pro tier, the lifetime drafts. So it would be treated like any pro tier mixing with any 250 tier, which should be allowed.

hammer
04-29-2014, 03:52 PM
I am glad that 250$ tiers have been allowed to stack but I find it slightly annoying that this was conveyed 5 days after we were given the accounts and codes to redeem. Overall I think it is a good move, I never really understood this restriction. I would definitely had picked up a Raid Leader tier during the kickstarter if I had known this would be the position and merge it with my dungeon crawler.

Hmm - the client will not let me redeem a second 250$ draft code on to the same account, so in practice it looks like they do not stack.

Saeijou
04-29-2014, 03:53 PM
no, i meant that the grand king combines every 250 tier... so the grand king alone should get the lifetime + 3 1-year long ;)

(only a joke... :P )

fido_one
04-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Hmm - the client will not let me redeem a second 250$ draft code on to the same account, so in practice it looks like they do not stack.

Cory just announced this today in his forum post, he didn't allude that it had already been coded. To be sure though: anyone get a year of drafting to stack next to each other or with a lifetime draft ticket?

Rhaegar
04-29-2014, 04:18 PM
This is great news but it was a very poor way to announce the change (in a follow up to a forum post) that has only resulted in more questions being raised.

- Is this working now? Was it part of the patch?
- Can a lifetime draft (pro tier) stack with a 1-year draft?
- Can mercenaries be stacked? If not now then in the future?
- What about players that have already redeemed their codes in separate accounts?

GPrime
04-29-2014, 04:54 PM
- Is this working now? Was it part of the patch?
No. The forum post he made implies the decision has literally just been made. These things have to be coded now. =)

- Can a lifetime draft (pro tier) stack with a 1-year draft?
This is actually a good, related question--and the answer is not yet clear.

- Can mercenaries be stacked? If not now then in the future?
Unrelated question, not newly raised by this issue.

- What about players that have already redeemed their codes in separate accounts?
You should be able to file a CS ticket from here. It may take more time than usual to resolve because they probably need to go in to your second account, cancel the perk, then issue you a new code or apply it manually to your main account.

Chark
04-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Can confirm that the following is now true on live:

1. 1 draft per week for life should stack with itself.
2. 1 draft per week for 1 year should stack with itself (giving you two drafts per week for 1 year, not 1 draft per week for 2 years).
3. 1 draft per week for life should stack with 1 draft per week for 1 year.
4. 1 draft per week for life should grant you a red ticket that expires every week.
5. 1 draft per week for 1 year should grant you a red ticket that expires every week.

If you are not seeing this behavior, exit the client completely and re-log on. You should see a bunch of red tickets.

Rendakor
04-29-2014, 05:46 PM
Does this mean that Grand Kings will be getting 3 more drafts a week for a year (from RL, GM and Collector tiers)? I'm guessing no, but it's certainly worth a shot.

fido_one
04-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Can confirm that the following is now true on live:

1. 1 draft per week for life should stack with itself.
2. 1 draft per week for 1 year should stack with itself (giving you two drafts per week for 1 year, not 1 draft per week for 2 years).
3. 1 draft per week for life should stack with 1 draft per week for 1 year.
4. 1 draft per week for life should grant you a red ticket that expires every week.
5. 1 draft per week for 1 year should grant you a red ticket that expires every week.

If you are not seeing this behavior, exit the client completely and re-log on. You should see a bunch of red tickets.

Thanks Chark!

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Does this mean that Grand Kings will be getting 3 more drafts a week for a year (from RL, GM and Collector tiers)? I'm guessing no, but it's certainly worth a shot.

No, because those year drafts were added to the tier packages - GK is merely a combination of features from those tier packages, so they are not the same thing. Otherwise you would have, what, 500+ boosters alone?

Avignon
04-29-2014, 10:00 PM
I am one who was considering getting a Dungeon Crawler Tier on top of my Pro Player tier but the only thing that made me not do it was that the 1 year free drafts did not stack with the free draft for life.

I am disappointed as I now regret my non decision even though I thought I made the right decision at the time. I know there is a lot of cheers from other corners of the community but I hope people understand why some are disappointed.

AstaSyneri
04-30-2014, 01:24 AM
Well, these days I regret not having taken up money to buy 10 more Kings - all those Kickstarter tiers hold immense value.

This decision imho is mainly influenced by the fact that many players would have had accounts for their next-in-kin just to play those extra drafts. For anybody who really thought it through it doesn't change anything, it only simplifies things for everybody involved.

I guess Cory didn't want to don his police costume and play gamer police at your house. That is to say: Don't set up rules that you are sure won't be followed.

In my opinion it's a good move. I'll combine everything in my main account, and my kids will just get a normal account and if they stick with the game/grow into it, I'll fork over stuff from my main account. Makes it a lot easier.

Osthall
05-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Hi, I have a support question about the extension of the once-per-week draft codes:

I had been holding out on entering my once-per-week draft code (for a year) because I was worried if drafts didn't go up my tickets would expire, but have since read on these forums that CZE had countered this by temporarily extending the validity of time-limited tickets to three weeks.

Thinking it was now safe to enter my code I did, but it has only 7 days! :(

I guess the fix CZE implemented was only applied to existing draft tickets - I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation, so I'm wondering if CZE has plans to offer this extension to other tickets redeemed after the first extension?

ossuary
05-01-2014, 01:28 PM
If tournaments aren't up soon, I'm sure they'll re-extend any tickets that are expiring. Don't worry, they're not going to let anyone miss out.

Saeijou
05-01-2014, 01:52 PM
they will be available this weekend... (OPTIMISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D) (no official backround here)