PDA

View Full Version : I created my own Match Start sound effect/atmosphere

ZacPhoenix
04-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Hey guys,

So, something that's bothering me right now is how SILENT the client seems, compared to games like Hearthstone where everything is infused with sound and creates a really lively atmosphere.

So for fun, I thought I'd make my own sound effect for the start of a match where the shooting star descends and the coin is flipped.

I actually emailed this to Cory... maybe he'll notice me and hire me to do sound fx for the game? Calling all staff? :)

Here's what I made.

https://soundcloud.com/zacluxphoenix/hex-coin-flip-and-match-start-sound-effect (https://soundcloud.com/zacluxphoenix/hex-coin-flip-and-match-start-sound-effect)

I'm an amateur sound designer and musician. Would love to work with the HEX team on creating more sound for the game.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 01:02 PM
Actually not bad. I think you deserve to be considered at least, and possibly brought in as an apprentice to see what other tricks you have up your sleeves.

ZacPhoenix
04-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Thank you, I appreciate that. :)

Craig.Deskins
04-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Nice job on the intro sound, I dig it! I'm the Sound Designer here at CZE. I'll just say that the way the game currently sounds is drastically different than what the end product will be. We have a large audio implementation pass coming in the near future, so you can expect a large wave of new sounds soon!

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 01:20 PM
Nice job on the intro sound, I dig it! I'm the Sound Designer here at CZE. I'll just say that the way the game currently sounds is drastically different than what the end product will be. We have a large audio implementation pass coming in the near future, so you can expect a large wave of new sounds soon!

Well thats an awesome first post :D Thanks a bunch for the update, looking forward to it!

YuukiRus
04-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Sounds good to me..I love how the sound somehow made me think this coin is super shiny! owo That's just me being nuts though.
I would love to see additional lively audio added to the game aswell.
I also believe a sound like this would be much more "exciting"
The only audio ingame I love right now is the audio+graphic effect of opening packs which makes it oh-so-addictive.
I believe that was their intention though from how they spoke about wanting to make opening a pack feel.

ZacPhoenix
04-29-2014, 01:36 PM
If you watch the opening animation, the coin is indeed shiny. :)

ZacPhoenix
04-29-2014, 01:40 PM
Craig, if I may say so, one of the biggest audio problems at the moment is the "stacking" of the attack noise. That can be ear-splittingly loud when lots of troops attack at once! It needs to be

if attack; play

not...

when troop attack; play

Craig.Deskins
04-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Yup I agree with you. Were transitioning audio tool sets, and it will be an immediate fix once that transition is made. Ive got a laundry list of audio bugs, its just a matter of time.

Barborin
04-29-2014, 02:16 PM
I like it. Hopefully you can draw some attention.

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 08:23 PM
I took the time to actually sync that up to the game animation, and it turned out very well, nice job.