PDA

View Full Version : Anyone combined dc with street fighter?

Ironfist
04-29-2014, 02:22 PM
I know some of the game mechanics are different but the main engine is similar.

I honestly like the play of street fighter better. I think the game involves a lot more strategy when buying cards and putting cards under your hero.

Not sure you could use the heroes from street fighter for DC unless you brought their ultra cards, and I am hoping that the ultra cards make their way to the dc game. With the way they have the stages, I could easily see the forever evil expansion using the villains as heroes the same way street fighter does.

Zuty
04-29-2014, 08:16 PM
No, but the Counter-Attack keyword sounds REALLY cool and there are several cards that are interesting.
That said, I'm not a fan of Street Fighter and I am not a fan of mixing together two incredibly different genres (I guess that's the correct term). Let me know when Crypto comes out with a Marvel DBG, then I will mix the games.

When's Mahvel?!

~Zuty

DimeDrl
04-29-2014, 10:58 PM
http://www.upperdeck.com/products/entertainment/marvel/marvel-legendary.aspx
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/129437/legendary-a-marvel-deck-building-game

Upper Deck scooped that license already. The only Marvel DBG built on the Cerberus engine we'll get is the fan created ones.

atheist4thecause
04-30-2014, 01:11 AM
Counter-attacks are awesome. I haven't tried mixing yet, but I'm sure I'll get around to it at some point. I'm skeptical as to how they will mix because the DC Super Heroes seem stronger. The games just play so differently. Although the counter-attacks are cool and could be implemented in DC, it's also nice to have the games be different.

On Street Fighter, it is a good game and I would recommend it, but I still think the base DC game is the best. A few things I personally wish that were done differently is I wish the Super Heroes were called Street Fighters. I also wish that defense cards would have been eliminated completely, where all of the defense cards would be counter-attacks. This would allow for more chains back and forth. Some cards are worded pretty weirdly in Street Fighter as well, but that's just me nitpicking. Overall, Street Fighter is a good game and I would recommend people get it, but I think the base DC game set the standard really highly. And these two games are so different in focus that I think they would be best left not mixed, but again I haven't tried it yet.

Zuty
04-30-2014, 07:40 AM
Upper Deck scooped that license already. The only Marvel DBG built on the Cerberus engine we'll get is the fan created ones.

Dangit ... I've only seen bits of that game played and I got bored and walked off. Looks like fan created ones will have to suffice.

@Atheist - I second that statement about them being called Super Heroes instead of Street Fighters. The LotR DBG Crypto made calls them Heroes, so why not call them Street Fighters? I'm sure I'll pick the game up, but I won't be doing it with the intention to mix the two games.

~Zuty

XavierTroy
04-30-2014, 08:34 AM
I haven't yet, but I do want to try it sometime.

mistervader
05-05-2014, 12:45 AM
I haven't yet, but I do want to try it sometime.

Two-headed games are cool when you combine the two sets. That way, you get a DC-based ability, and a counterattack ability + Ultra card from SF.

Outside of the fact that Atrocitus also puts cards under your deck, there are no direct rules conflicts between mixing both sets. You just need to determine for yourself if you're going to run with Stages or Super-Villains as your main source of conflict, though, since running both is pretty tedious.

Monsoon
05-05-2014, 03:41 AM
I haven't tried combining the two sets yet, but if you do, how do you treat Weaknesses?

Matt_Hyra
05-05-2014, 10:25 PM
I haven't tried combining the two sets yet, but if you do, how do you treat Weaknesses?

Play with whichever type of Weakness you want. You don't need more than 20.

kmonarq7
05-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Matt, in the Heroes Unite deck, we burned through the weakness pile in 8 rounds (24 turns).

Matt_Hyra
05-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Let me re-phrase...
Players should not be subject to more than 20. If they are all doled out, you have suffered enough. :eek:

aventajado
05-08-2014, 08:35 PM
IMO, having two weakness decks would work. One DC and the other the Street Fighter. If you destroy the DC one it goes to the destroy pile but if a SF weakness is destroyed, it goes back to the pile . . .

We started playing with one DC super hero and one SF character with the Ultra underneath . . . Man it was just a race to 6 and you really need to get your Ultra to punish the other players. That attack of Honda is brutal . . . Sure aquaman, stack your next turn, oops drop your hand and draw the three next cards . . .

Whingewood
05-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Moved question to other thread.