PDA

View Full Version : "Getting to Know You" Casual Beta Tournament

Pages : [1] 2

ThrawnOmega
04-29-2014, 03:37 PM
Sign-Ups are now closed and the tournament is LIVE (http://challonge.com/GTKYHEX)

Round 1 match-ups have been assigned and may now be played. Please report results in this thread or via PM.

Follow this thread and this OP for the latest news.

See post #76 in this thread for a quick-reference on everyone's time zones.
See post #153 for my attendance policies

Emphasis is on having fun. Honor system is key here. I hope folks like the idea cause I'm offering a fair amount of my time to try to facilitate it and make connections! ;) (Kindly let me know if I break any forum rules here, cause my intentions are noble.)

FORMAT: SWISS, 8 ROUND COMPETITION Best 2 out of 3 games wins the match. To allow everyone time to coordinate schedules with their opponent, rounds will last 1 week, from Monday morning to Sunday night. Players can use any deck they want, any cards they own, and are free to use different decks from round to round (I don't want to be deck list police). However, you must use the same deck for all games of a round.

This was originally posted as single elimination. However, with the size of the prize pool and how large the field has grown, I felt it was better to switch to Swiss. The true point of this tournament is to get people meeting each other, chatting, and having some fun, and the Swiss format is truest to that spirit, as it allows everyone to keep playing.

We ended up with an odd number, so 1 person will end up getting a bye each week. I shuffled seeds every time I updated the bracket and another 5x before launching it, so the odd-one out was random. Byes count as a win because I don't think it's fair to fall back in the competition due to this randomness.

PRIZES:

Miyordon has generously offered up a HEX t-shirt to the winner, provided the winner pays the shipping costs.

ThrawnOmega +5 packs
Pheelon +3 packs
DuroNL + 3 packs
Kurasa +5 packs
Werlix +2 packs
f5shooter +3 boosters
deejay +10 boosters
BossHoss +40!! boosters
----
Current pledged - 71 boosters
TheBokononist +1 Pack Raptor card

Prize Distribution
With the size of the prize pool and field, I wanted to spread the love a little, so everyone in the Top 8 walks away with something.

1st - 25 boosters and HEX T-Shirt
2nd - 15 boosters and a Pack Raptor Card
3rd - 10 boosters
4th - 6 boosters
5th - 5 boosters
6th - 4 boosters
7th and 8th - 3 boosters each

Rules: Got to have some to prevent chaos, right?
1 - Rounds will run from 8am Monday Mornings US Central time to 10pm central time the following Sunday night. Sorry if this hinders some time zones, but this works most easily for me to update standings.
2- Glitched games: If for some reason a game has glitched, stops advancing priority, etc., that game does not count and you replay it, unless both parties agree the outcome was not in doubt and one party voluntarily concedes.
3- Report the outcome in this thread, as well as game count (2-0 win, 2-1...)
4- It's my hope all us Kickstarters are cool people, but if you have any concerns of misconduct or cheating from someone, let me know that privately. Don't use the forums to call out / flame anyone. I'd hate for it to get shut down.
5- If for some reason a match can't be played that week, please let me know ASAP and explain why. I'll try to help work something out but reserve the right to count no-shows as losses.

Tournament bracket (http://challonge.com/GTKYHEX)
If you have a Challonge.com username, let me know and I can update that for you on the site. An account there is not necessary to participate.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Put me down as interested - but I am not going to commit packs until trading is open and I award the ones I owe.

Xenavire (ingame also).
GMT+2 (Amsterdam time).
Unsure - depends on when the tourney starts in relation to trading. 0 if trading is not live.

Fachxphyre
04-29-2014, 04:56 PM
Sounds like a sweet idea, I'd be up for it but my schedule in the next month or so may keep me away from my computer for more than a week at a time. Anyway kudos to you for taking it upon yourself to organize this, and good luck!

elfstone
04-30-2014, 04:23 AM
Heyo! sounds fun! I won't be viable till tourneys are up for a bit though, Im saving all my packs for draft, so all I have atm is starters and 4 primals opened :P. Depending on when it starts im interested.

elfstone
Keepname: Manticore
Canada West coast, PDT

ThrawnOmega
04-30-2014, 05:25 AM
First round would begin next Monday. Sign-ups close Sunday night. This is meant to be laid back as there's no entry fee or anything, so you're welcome to play with started decks and have fun. (Though I admit that'd be a competitive disadvantage)

Distruptor
04-30-2014, 08:54 AM
Consider me in aswell! Can't really offer anything for the reward tough, as i only really got 10 booster packs.

Distruptor
Keep Name: Distruptor
Time Zone: GMT +1

Miyordon
04-30-2014, 12:22 PM
I will probably not play in this one, I will have not opened enough packs to make a good deck. BUT! I have decided to donate a prize. If the tournament gets big enough, say 16(?) people, I will give the winner an official hex t-shirt from Cryptozoic. Shipping will be up to the winner, I know some of you live around the world and I do not want to commit myself to a $30 charge. I should have all styles and sizes.

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 12:23 PM
I will probably not play in this one, I will have not opened enough packs to make a good deck. BUT! I have decided to donate a prize. If the tournament gets big enough, say 16(?) people, I will give the winner an official hex t-shirt from Cryptozoic. Shipping will be up to the winner, I know some of you live around the world and I do not want to commit myself to a $30 charge. I should have all styles and sizes.

That is a hell of a prize! Is it going to be a standard branded one, or one of the underworld/ardent ones? :D

Miyordon
04-30-2014, 12:25 PM
That is a hell of a prize! Is it going to be a standard branded one, or one of the underworld/ardent ones? :D

Winner's choice. Probably time for me to start being more active around here.

Norious
04-30-2014, 12:31 PM
Wow , nice

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 12:32 PM

Right, now I want to play to win! :p Seriously though, I was really bummed when no-one in the EU could order one (to my knowledge). And I didn't have any backdoor helpers to send me one at price either, so I am pumped at any chance for one of those shirts.

Zeldafreakneo
04-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Zeldafreakneo
Keep Name: Tephra
US Eastern Time Zone

Krond
04-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Krond
Krond
Pacific Time Zone

ThrawnOmega
04-30-2014, 02:28 PM

Awesome! That's super kind of you. I will update my OP to reflect that.

By my count we have 6 interested so far. I'd like to have at least 8. I think we'll get that an more for sure in the next 4 days.

EDIT 2 - after discussion with Miyordon, the T-Shirt is in the prize pool. No sign-up conditions! Winner agrees to pay the shipping if they want the shirt, which is more than fair.

Pheelon
04-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Pheelon (same ingame)
GMT+1
could add say 3 packs distro will have to wait for trade though.

saffamike
04-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Right, now I want to play to win! :p Seriously though, I was really bummed when no-one in the EU could order one (to my knowledge). And I didn't have any backdoor helpers to send me one at price either, so I am pumped at any chance for one of those shirts.

You missed out Xen. I'm in the UK and another local Hexer and I combined our order to save on shipping. We purchased without any difficulty. Maybe you'll win one from Miyordon ;)

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 03:41 PM
You missed out Xen. I'm in the UK and another local Hexer and I combined our order to save on shipping. We purchased without any difficulty. Maybe you'll win one from Miyordon ;)

Actually, Miyordon has made me an offer, separate from the tournament - so if I win, I will let 2nd place have the shirt (if they want to pay the shipping haha). So it is back to playing for fun for me :)

cavench
04-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Cavench
Eastvale
Pacific Time Zone

Athravan
05-01-2014, 11:10 AM
I have no chance of winning my matches since I really only have starter decks with a few different cards but I'd be happy to take part - I'm sure I'll learn a lot whilst losing at any rate :D

Forum name: Athravan
Keep name: Athravan
Time Zone: GMT

DuroNL
05-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Cool idea, a fun and casual tournament is a nice to have during the week :D

Sign me up:
Duro
CarnDum
GMT+2 (Amsterdam timezone :P)
I'll add 3 Boosters (Once trade is availible i can trade the winner, i'll put it on the IOU list :P)

FlyingMeatchip
05-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Flying Meatchip
same name - messed up
Central US Time GMT +5

Can U organize tourny using Challonge.com?
It's easy to use and alot have already signed up with site playing in the Challenge series of tournaments.

ThrawnOmega
05-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Flying Meatchip
same name - messed up
Central US Time GMT +5

Can U organize tourny using Challonge.com?
It's easy to use and alot have already signed up with site playing in the Challenge series of tournaments.

No idea what that is but I will look it up when I get home tonight.

Edit: I'm a liar. I actually gave that site a passing glance on my lunch break, and liked what I saw. Will definitely give it a more serious look tonight.

Kurasa
05-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Sounds fun! Count me interested.

Kurasa
Kurasa
EDT (GMT -4)
Five booster packs

ThrawnOmega
05-01-2014, 05:40 PM
HEADS UP EVERYONE

I'm going to blast a PM out to everyone who signs up before the tournament starts, but I can give you some new details. I made a bracket online for easy viewing. You can find it HERE (http://challonge.com/GTKYHEX). ignore how it looks right now because there are still several days left to sign up. I'm manually adding people as they sign up here (so nobody is forced to make an account on that site.)

Before starting the tournament, I am going to hit the "randomize seeds" button 5x to try to mix it up as much as possible, so anyone who gets a bye (if needed) got one on luck. If people have 2 names on the bracket, first name is forum name, the 2nd is game name. If 1 name, they're both the same.

We currently have 12 people signed up.

Current total pledged prize pool is 16 boosters and a HEX t-shirt.

Reminder sign-ups end 10pm US Central time this Sunday.

Xenavire
05-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Looks good. I have an account there if its easier for you to keep track of less people (plus they send automated emails when rounds update, if that is also useful.)

I should probably get a deck together.

ZillahEnoch
05-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Count me in ! It will be my first tournament ever, and with only a starter and a couple of packs, but it sounds fun !

Zillah
ZillahEnoch
GMT+9 (Tokyo time zone)

Did I say already how much this community is gold ?

Xenavire
05-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Count me in ! It will be my first tournament ever, and with only a starter and a couple of packs, but it sounds fun !

Zillah
ZillahEnoch
GMT+9 (Tokyo time zone)

It honestly keeps getting better - one act of charity causes a chain reaction, and suddenly boosters are flying around like free hugs. :D

Arveene
05-01-2014, 07:00 PM
I'll sign up for this.

Forum Name: Arveene
Keep Name: Gensokyo
time zone: UTC-4

ThrawnOmega
05-01-2014, 07:17 PM
The bracket was updated for our 13th and 14th entrants. I've decided to hit the "Shuffle Seeds" button every time I add someone to the bracket, and will still hit it 5x more at the end before the tourney begins. Anyone who calls seeding "rigged" is going to get SLAPPED :cool:

Zillah
ZillahEnoch
GMT+9 (Tokyo time zone)

Welcome! I hope you have fun! We have a range of folks in here, some with a good collection going, and some like you who are just getting their feet wet. I think it'll make for some fun conversations during games.

Looks good. I have an account there if its easier for you to keep track of less people (plus they send automated emails when rounds update, if that is also useful.)

I should probably get a deck together.

I have a deck I'm extremely happy with. Don't know that it's a tourney winner, but it is SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY. It's been giving a lot of people fits, but I've taken some losses too. It's a good as I can make it without cracking open a silly number of packs (which I won't do), or trading / AH to get the upgrades I want.

Most satisfying thing for me though is I have yet to see anyone with a deck even close to a similar build. I like feeling original. ;)

I should also mention I will be out of town for the majority of Friday through Sunday, so there will be a delay over the weekend in adding new sign-ups to the bracket, and updating the OP with any changes to the prize pool, but it's nothing to worry about.

Werlix
05-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Sign me up :)

Werlix
Keep Name: Werlix
New Zealand time (GMT +12)
2 booster packs

Also do you realise you could make it so people can register and signup to your tournament through Challonge? So you don't have to manually enter people in... Or would you rather do it manually as you are currently?

Liokae
05-02-2014, 04:34 AM
I'll go in!

Forum: Liokae
Keep: Elena
Timezone: US Central (CDT)

Don't have anything I can throw into the prize pool as a buyin, sadly.

ThrawnOmega
05-02-2014, 05:03 AM
Sign me up :)
Also do you realise you could make it so people can register and signup to your tournament through Challonge? So you don't have to manually enter people in... Or would you rather do it manually as you are currently?

People can, I updated my OP to say if people want to give me their user ID I can register them both ways. I didn't want to require sign-up on that site in order to participate.

On a different subject, it has been suggested that since this is a casual tournament, everyone uses starter decks only to insure an even playing field. I don't want to make a unilateral decision on that. Would people rather go that route, or stick with using what cards you have? I'd like to use my own collection even if it means I get trounced. Others may not feel that way though.

Distruptor
05-02-2014, 05:17 AM
On a different subject, it has been suggested that since this is a casual tournament, everyone uses starter decks only to insure an even playing field. I don't want to make a unilateral decision on that. Would people rather go that route, or stick with using what cards you have? I'd like to use my own collection even if it means I get trounced. Others may not feel that way though.

I think everyone should be allowed to build their own deck. That is, after all, the essence of a card game, and I don't really feel like we need to be on an even playing field since this is mostly for fun.

DuroNL
05-02-2014, 05:29 AM

I'd say people can play what they like, i know the Orc starter deck is pretty beast, so anyone rolling that has a fair change against self created deck, and maybe even more... i'm just creating fun decks i want to mess around with, im safing most of my boosters for Drafts so i dont have a big collection yet :P

Fun tourney should include little rules as possible ;)

ThrawnOmega
05-02-2014, 05:49 AM
I think everyone should be allowed to build their own deck. That is, after all, the essence of a card game, and I don't really feel like we need to be on an even playing field since this is mostly for fun.

I'd say people can play what they like, i know the Orc starter deck is pretty beast, so anyone rolling that has a fair change against self created deck, and maybe even more... i'm just creating fun decks i want to mess around with, im safing most of my boosters for Drafts so i dont have a big collection yet :P

Fun tourney should include little rules as possible ;)

Your opinions concur with mine. Feel the fair thing to do is give people the choice. Will stick to original plan for now. :)

Also, 16 people now!

stuntbum
05-02-2014, 08:20 AM
I just have the starter and a couple packs as well, but count me in!

Stuntbum
Stuntbum
US Mountain Time Zone

cykelman
05-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Would be glad to join :)

Forum: cykelman
Keep: Royalroad
Timezone: GMT+1 (Sweden)

Sereaphim
05-02-2014, 10:14 AM
I hope I can join the tournament.

Sereaphim
Keep Name: Sereaphim
Challonge Name: Sereaphim
GMT + 1

ThrawnOmega
05-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Bracket updated through Sereaphim.

TheBokononist
05-02-2014, 10:28 AM
I'm game!

TheBokononist
Keep Name: Bolivar
Challonge Name: Bolivar
Prizes: I'm saving what packs I have left, but I have an extra Pack Raptor I don't mind adding to the prize pool.
GMT -7

Format preference: Preconstructed starters... accounts such as slacker backers will be at a major disadvantage otherwise.

ThrawnOmega
05-02-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm game!

TheBokononist
Prizes: I'm saving what packs I have left, but I have an extra Pack Raptor I don't mind adding to the prize pool.
GMT -7

Format preference: Preconstructed starters... accounts such as slacker backers will be at a major disadvantage otherwise.

Added you to bracket, you you will have Challonge invite to accept.

Remlap
05-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Hey Thrawn! Long time creeper, first time poster. Haven't seen a need to create an account for posting until now.

Remlap
Keep Name: Remlap
Time Zone: Mountain Time (Not sure what that is in relation to GMT)

I have no preference on starter decks vs user created decks. On one hand, I like using the decks I've made. On the other hand, the decks I've made are likely terrible compared to some people around here. :D

puffycow
05-02-2014, 02:31 PM
I've been a lurker for a while but I'm willing to try a fun-filled casual tourney!

puffycow
Keep Name: Praetoria
US Eastern Time Zone

Remlap
05-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Get out of my head Puffy!

f5shooter
05-02-2014, 03:42 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. Count me in.

I'll throw in 3 boosters to the prize pool.

In game name: Vogar
Keep Name: Vogar
US Eastern time zone

I'll play either way, but I'm in the same camp as Remlap. I like using the decks I have created, but I know they pale in comparison to some I've played already in the Proving Grounds. Count my vote for any deck, but count me in the tourney either way.

ThrawnOmega
05-02-2014, 04:19 PM
I believe current vote is 5-1 for using your own cards.

Glad to see I've inspired some new posters!

Will update bracket and prize tally when not posting from my phone.

EDIT: Bracket updated. 23 current participants.

Peseto
05-03-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm also a newbie and would like to partake:

Peseto
Keepname: ValueCity
Timezone: CET

I will be only using a starter deck though...

BRonIsBoss
05-03-2014, 04:34 PM
BRonIsBoss (i'm working on changing it to Xenos)
Keep Name: Xenos
Time Zone: Eastern Standard

Thanks for putting something together, this sohuld be awesome!

I'd like to use my own cards, not just starter decks.

ThrawnOmega
05-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Bracket updated.
Heads up to all, I will try to send a mass PM Sunday night or Monday morning to announce the beginning to announce the beginning of the tournament. After that, all updates will be in the OP or elsewhere in this thread. Counting on everyone to stay on top of your matches and reporting them so I can track and properly update everything. ;)

deejay
05-04-2014, 12:06 AM
If there is still space would love to join. My schedule can be a little challenging during the mid week but with some pm / emails I can definitely create time given the brackets are open for a week.

Forum: deejay
Keep: Stowerling
Time Zone: BST (GMT+1)
Challonge: fuzbucket

Prize contribution: 10 boosters
Format: would rather play with my collection but happy to go either way

Kualtek
05-04-2014, 02:30 AM
Keep Name: Rohall
Time Zone: EST (GMT -5)

mister_Rollup
05-04-2014, 02:32 AM
Same as Deejay it would be a pleasure to join if there is a little space for me

Forum : mister_rollup
Keep name : Rollup
Time zone : UTC+1 (Paris)

ThrawnOmega
05-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Updated the bracket again. We're to 28 players. Prize pool is 31 boosters, a Pack Raptor, and a Hex T-Shirt. I'm really loving the interest in the this! Would have kinda sucked as a new forum member if nobody wanted to do it lol. ;)

I'm not placing a limit on how many people can sign up, though if we end on a weird number, it will end up with some folks getting byes and other people having to play an extra round to advance. With our current numbers, 4 out of 28 people have a bye through round 1.

There is now a 3rd place game because with the size of this prize pool, I'd like to distribute it amongst more folks.

Smiley90
05-04-2014, 07:40 AM
oooh just noticed this, I'm down too! :)

Forum Name: Smiley90
Keep Name: Nagapur
Time Zone: PST (GMT-8), Vancouver

BossHoss
05-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Challonge Name: BossHoss
Forum Name: BossHoss
Keep Name: Aettir
Time Zone: PST (GMT -8), Vancouver
Prize Support: 40 packs

ThrawnOmega
05-04-2014, 11:09 AM
40 packs! Wow, thanks Boss! Roster us updated.
About 9 hours left in sign-ups. Field is currently 30 players.
Prize structure still TBD based on the final amount, but it's going to be exciting.
(Actual prize distribution will have to wait until trading is online, but since this tourney will run 4-5 weeks, hopefully that is possible by the end)

maniza
05-04-2014, 11:16 AM
forum name: maniza
Keep name: rivendel
time zone: (UTC-06:00) Central America

great idea btw

Chance
05-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Chance
Keep Name: Walker

Ill throw in a primal to whoever makes it furthest with just a vanilla starter deck to make this imteresting!

ThrawnOmega
05-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Bracket updated and we are now at an even 32. People can still sign up though.
Some folks will draw the short straw of the seeding shuffle and have to do "play-in" games to advance from round 1 to round 2, which will kind of be the "real" first round.
Anyone who gets a round 2 game where your match-up is set can go ahead and play it before round 1 completes or during the normal week of round 2, so you'll have a lot of time to take care of those matches.

maniza
05-04-2014, 12:51 PM
i would like to add that since the main objective of the tournament is to make friends you could look at the swiss tournament format.

that way all players get to play more rounds and meet more people. i know that there is a bit more work involved but if you need help entering results i have spare time for that.

im not shure how much experience you have in tcg tournaments, so i just wanted to give you this sugestion because the tournament has grown alot in the last few days, to a point where a swiss format would be great.

it is also realy easy to change the format in challoenge.

ThrawnOmega
05-04-2014, 12:59 PM
i would like to add that since the main objective of the tournament is to make friends you could look at the swiss tournament format.

that way all players get to play more rounds and meet more people. i know that there is a bit more work involved but if you need help entering results i have spare time for that.

im not shure how much experience you have in tcg tournaments, so i just wanted to give you this sugestion because the tournament has grown alot in the last few days, to a point where a swiss format would be great.

it is also realy easy to change the format in challoenge.

I agree with you. This creates a lot more work for me, so I probably will need the help. The up-shot is everyone gets to play and chat more, which is the whole point of this. Otherwise, it gets quiet in a hurry with half the field eliminated each week. I doubt people are going to object to getting to play more.

f5shooter
05-04-2014, 01:03 PM
It's your call Thrawn, as this is your idea and your tournament.. but count me in for Swiss too.

And to clarify.. was BossHoss bringing the TOTAL booster prize fund to 40? (by offering 9?) Or was he actually offering 40 boosters bringing the prize fund to 71?

maniza
05-04-2014, 01:07 PM
I agree with you. This creates a lot more work for me, so I probably will need the help. The up-shot is everyone gets to play and chat more, which is the whole point of this. Otherwise, it gets quiet in a hurry with half the field eliminated each week. I doubt people are going to object to getting to play more.

certainly, as i said i have alot of spare time so if you want to do this let me know how i can help.

BossHoss
05-04-2014, 01:11 PM
It's your call Thrawn, as this is your idea and your tournament.. but count me in for Swiss too.

And to clarify.. was BossHoss bringing the TOTAL booster prize fund to 40? (by offering 9?) Or was he actually offering 40 boosters bringing the prize fund to 71?

I am offering an additional 40

I think Swiss is a great idea for getting to know people

Damascus
05-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Hey, if it's not too late to enter I'd be down.

Forum name: Damascus
Keep name: Damascus
Timezone: EST

Dragonm137
05-04-2014, 03:15 PM
I'll join, need something to keep me playing until drafts are back on.

Forum: Dragonm137
Keep: Dragonsiege
Live in Central time zone US. Best time to catch me is mon-fri ~6pm-midnight.
Not adding anything to the pool

QuartZ
05-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Count me in if theres still time!

Forum: Quartz
Game: Quartz
Timezone GMT+2(FR)
challonge: QuartZo

Fenrus
05-04-2014, 06:37 PM
I think I still have time to sign up:

Forum: Fenrus
Game: Fenrus
Availability: Usually 6:30PM-Midnight

ThrawnOmega
05-04-2014, 06:41 PM

bofedy
05-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Forum: Bofedy
Game: Bofedy
Timezone: GMT
Availability: normaly any time

m Bofedy on challange as well looks like i just got in :D

ThrawnOmega
05-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Sign-Ups are now closed
Thanks all for your interest. I'm now getting to work on some final prep on my end.

EDIT:
I updated the OP. Please re-read to see what is new. The tournament is LIVE (http://challonge.com/GTKYHEX), so you have my blessing to start playing matches or lining up play times. I set this to 8 rounds, for an 8 week competition. This will give us a community focus point to talk about as BETA progresses, and provide everyone a chance to meet several folks.

I will make a post later copy / pasting everyone's sign-up info, to provide a quick reference you can look at to find your partner's time zone, as a starting point to discussing when you can play your weekly match.

I will also be reaching out in the next few days to a few others about possibly helping me out, once I have a better grasp on what I may need help with. Can someone with more Challonge experience tell me if anyone with an account can report scores on ALL matches, or just the one they were involved in? Is it possible to grant someone else authority to update results too?

I set score with the intent that winning your match gets you 2 points. If you lost your match but won a game, you should get 1. I do have the power to alter score values, so if it looks like I made a mistake on that, let me know.

I'm exhausted and going to bed, but to plan to issue 1 mass PM to let everyone know this is rolling. After that, I expect everyone to be responsible adults and keep an eye on this thread and my OP. :cool:

Arveene
05-04-2014, 09:03 PM
I haven't used Challonge, but looking at the bracket it should hopefully update rankings / pairings automatically between rounds. Just ran a test one, looks like it should be fairly easy to run. Just need to update scores and it takes care of everything else. If you do need help, I got plenty of time over the next 8 weeks.

Edit: Challonge username is Arveene, and you can share admin access to a tournament.

Edit2: Nevermind, misread something.

DuroNL
05-05-2014, 01:57 AM
Sign-Ups are now closed
I will also be reaching out in the next few days to a few others about possibly helping me out, once I have a better grasp on what I may need help with. Can someone with more Challonge experience tell me if anyone with an account can report scores on ALL matches, or just the one they were involved in? Is it possible to grant someone else authority to update results too?

I set score with the intent that winning your match gets you 2 points. If you lost your match but won a game, you should get 1. I do have the power to alter score values, so if it looks like I made a mistake on that, let me know.

I'm exhausted and going to bed, but to plan to issue 1 mass PM to let everyone know this is rolling. After that, I expect everyone to be responsible adults and keep an eye on this thread and my OP. :cool:

Anyone with a challonge account can update their own scores only, the creator of the Challonge (or moderators) can update all the scores.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for people that don't have a challonge account to just post their scores on this forum topic.
You, or a moderator you select can then update the scores on Challonge and we can watch it progress over the weeks! (you can select to share admin permissions with an other Challonge user)

On point dividing, what i've seen so far, the standard seems to be +3.0 for match win, and +1.0 for a Tie.(here are the rules Magic uses in Swiss, see http://www.wizards.com/dci/downloads/Swiss_Pairings.pdf this might help to set things up)

A Tie usually only occurs when time runs out on a match (entire best of 3), but as the tournament is now, everyone will play matches scheduled with their opponent so i don't think a match timer is needed.

::For reference, a match is the entire best of 3, a game is 1 round of the entire match.

meetthefuture
05-05-2014, 06:23 AM
Meh, just've seen the thread :/

ThrawnOmega
05-05-2014, 01:57 PM
We have our first reported result! I'm ok with PMs of results or posting it to this thread. Will be doing some tweaks and updates when I get home. It's all housekeeping and informative stuff; nothing that will chance anyone's plans for your matches this week.

ThrawnOmega
05-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I copy / pasted everyone's sign up info, so you can check this post as a reference for what time zone your opponent is in. Listed in the order they signed up.

ThrawnOmega
Thrawn
US Central Time

Xenavire (ingame also).
GMT+2 (Amsterdam time).

elfstone
Keepname: Manticore
Canada West coast, PDT

Distruptor
Keep Name: Distruptor
Time Zone: GMT +1

Zeldafreakneo
Keep Name: Tephra
US Eastern Time Zone

Krond
Krond
Pacific Time Zone

Pheelon (same ingame)
GMT+1

Cavench
Eastvale
Pacific Time Zone

Forum name: Athravan
Keep name: Athravan
Time Zone: GMT

Duro
CarnDum
GMT+2 (Amsterdam timezone :P)

Flying Meatchip
same name - messed up
Central US Time GMT +5

Kurasa
Kurasa
EDT (GMT -4)

Zillah
ZillahEnoch
GMT+9 (Tokyo time zone)

Forum Name: Arveene
Keep Name: Gensokyo
time zone: UTC-4

Werlix
Keep Name: Werlix
New Zealand time (GMT +12)

Forum: Liokae
Keep: Elena
Timezone: US Central (CDT)

Stuntbum
Stuntbum
US Mountain Time Zone

Forum: cykelman
Keep: Royalroad
Timezone: GMT+1 (Sweden)

Sereaphim
Keep Name: Sereaphim
Challonge Name: Sereaphim
GMT + 1

TheBokononist
GMT -7

Remlap
Keep Name: Remlap
Time Zone: Mountain Time (Not sure what that is in relation to GMT)

puffycow
Keep Name: Praetoria
US Eastern Time Zone

f5shooter
Keep Name: Vogar
US Eastern time zone

Peseto
Keepname: ValueCity
Timezone: CET

BRonIsBoss (i'm working on changing it to Xenos)
Keep Name: Xenos
Time Zone: Eastern Standard

Forum: deejay
Keep: Stowerling
Time Zone: BST (GMT+1)
Challonge: fuzbucket

kualtek
Keep Name: Rohall
Time Zone: EST (GMT -5)

Forum : mister_rollup
Keep name : Rollup
Time zone : UTC+1 (Paris)

Forum Name: Smiley90
Keep Name: Nagapur
Time Zone: PST (GMT-8), Vancouver

Challonge Name: BossHoss
Forum Name: BossHoss
Keep Name: Aettir

forum name: maniza
Keep name: rivendel
time zone: (UTC-06:00) Central America

Chance
Keep Name: Walker

Forum name: Damascus
Keep name: Damascus

Forum: Dragonm137
Keep: Dragonsiege
Live in Central time zone US. Best time to catch me is mon-fri ~6pm-midnight.

Forum: Quartz
Game: Quartz
Timezone GMT+2(FR)
challonge: QuartZo

Forum: Fenrus
Game: Fenrus
Availability: Usually 6:30PM-Midnight

Forum: Bofedy
Game: Bofedy
Timezone: GMT
Availability: normaly any time

Smiley90
05-06-2014, 03:11 AM
Three, possibly four people (depending on what Western Canada is) from Vancouver in this tournament, NOT BAD I SAY. :p I'm flying home from Europe today, I can play after that.

EDIT: nvm just realized I got a bye in the first round... Woo?

DuroNL
05-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Three, possibly four people (depending on what Western Canada is) from Vancouver in this tournament, NOT BAD I SAY. :p I'm flying home from Europe today, I can play after that.

EDIT: nvm just realized I got a bye in the first round... Woo?

haha Woo indeed ;) thats a free 2 points :D

as there are 37 players 8 people in total will get a Bye, since we are playing 8 rounds of Swiss.
The pairing of Challonge is also very nice, since they are pairing people according to wins/losses, so someone who has lost their first 2 matches won't get paired to someone who wins their first 2 matches, this also means that people that aren't doing very well in the beginning have more chance to see Bye's and thus free 2 points ;)

Swiss is a great tournament style if you ask me, it gives everyone the fairest chances to compete!

ThrawnOmega
05-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Plus people who lose early have the consolation of knowing while they may be out of prize contention, the quality of their opponents will get better, since you're playing similar records.

Remlap
05-06-2014, 07:22 AM
So we just gotta get into the top 8... This might be difficult.

ThrawnOmega
05-06-2014, 08:46 AM
So we just gotta get into the top 8... This might be difficult.

Gotta go through me to start :cool:. Looking forward to playing tonight! Still evaluating my deck as I own or get owned. Only a few really close ones so far.

Pheelon
05-06-2014, 08:53 AM
i thought my deck was rather good for the card pool pre AH/Trade but well Sereaphim was either really lucky or opened way more packs than i did... ;)

puffycow
05-06-2014, 09:31 AM
I was nervous about having Zillah in the first round since he's on the Tokyo timezone and I am in the Eastern US but I have to say I'm impressed. He's been extremely flexible and we'll definitely get our game in this week. Now to tweak my terrible decks... :)

ZillahEnoch
05-06-2014, 03:59 PM
I was nervous about having Zillah in the first round since he's on the Tokyo timezone and I am in the Eastern US but I have to say I'm impressed. He's been extremely flexible and we'll definitely get our game in this week. Now to tweak my terrible decks... :)
*blush*
Well I know I am on a difficult timzone so I'm doing my best ! ^^ Thanks to you for the quick replies !

Now to build a deck that will no doubt be equally terrible... :)

ThrawnOmega
05-06-2014, 04:10 PM
I want to give a public shout out to deejay and Krond. I feel both have already shown good sportsmanship and communication (with each other and with me). They (unknowingly;)) helped me realize I had some scoring issues, which have since been corrected. I hope you both have a blast in the next 7 rounds!

Remlap
05-06-2014, 07:04 PM
EDIT: Wow, table is already updated. You fast Thrawn.

ThrawnOmega
05-06-2014, 07:33 PM
EDIT: Wow, table is already updated. You fast Thrawn.

I have a browser open to it in Google Chrome. Now that I know what I'm doing with Challonge, it takes seconds to update scores. Logging everyone's results isn't a problem at all.

My biggest regret isn't losing 2-0, it's that you dismantled me so fast I didn't get to play any of my cool stuff. I never got to UNLEASH THE KRACKEN.

puffycow
05-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Zillah absolutely destroyed me, 2-0.

ThrawnOmega
05-08-2014, 08:31 PM
3 days left in this round, 10 of 18 scores to be reported. I hope you'll have games lined up for the weekend!

DuroNL
05-09-2014, 02:32 AM
So, in the spirit of getting to know the community better, and maybe even show off our great community to new comers and Hex interested folk, i've decided to stream my GTKY tourney games!!

My first match is this night at 24:00 (GMT+2) that is 13,5 hours from now :)

Be sure to follow and watch me on http://Twitch.tv/duronl31 (http://twitch.tv/duronl31)

Good opportunity for folks either not playing matches or that were to late to sign up to still get to know the community via Twitch chat :) and at the same time watch me try out my deck, and probably fail a couple of times :P But its all about the Hex fun!! Hope to see you tonight! Cheers!

Ps. Mind you i'm an occasional streamer for mostly Hex, and sometimes other MMO's, i don't have any fixed schedule for daily streaming (yet) but i try to stream funny stuff like Pauper challenges, or Drafts :D

FlyingMeatchip
05-09-2014, 09:00 AM
Flying Meatchip over Xenavire 2-1

Can you open it up for us to self report?

Would it be possible to change my game name to FlyingMeatchip w/ no space It should recognize me then....the same as in game really isnt needed.

Xenavire
05-09-2014, 09:41 AM

Yep, 2-1 to Meat. He turned it around bigtime, very impressive and a lot of fun.

DuroNL
05-09-2014, 11:25 AM

Would it be possible to change my game name to FlyingMeatchip w/ no space It should recognize me then....the same as in game really isnt needed.

If you have a Challonge account he can link it to your entry and only then you can enter your score!

Xenavire
05-09-2014, 11:33 AM
MY Challonge name is identical to my forum name here, but I have no idea how you link them - more than willing to do so if possible.

Pheelon
05-09-2014, 12:39 PM
mine is identical as well - guess only the tournament creator can link them though

ThrawnOmega
05-09-2014, 01:25 PM
mine is identical as well - guess only the tournament creator can link them though

This is correct, I am the only one who can link your Challonge account to your name in this tournament. Once I do, you get an invite you can accept. Xenavire and Pheelon, I just updated you.

Permissions are set so any Challonge user can report their own scores. If you don't have a Challonge account, it needs to be reported to me so I can update it.

Also, before you update any scores, pay attention to how I've been doing it, or you could lose out on points. Each game is a set. So if you win 2-0, report it as two 1-0 sets. If you did it as one 2-0 set, you shorted yourself a point. Likewise, if you report a 2-1 win as 1 set, the loser also misses out on their point for a game win.

DuroNL
05-09-2014, 03:33 PM
This is correct, I am the only one who can link your Challonge account to your name in this tournament. Once I do, you get an invite you can accept. Xenavire and Pheelon, I just updated you.

Permissions are set so any Challonge user can report their own scores. If you don't have a Challonge account, it needs to be reported to me so I can update it.

Also, before you update any scores, pay attention to how I've been doing it, or you could lose out on points. Each game is a set. So if you win 2-0, report it as two 1-0 sets. If you did it as one 2-0 set, you shorted yourself a point. Likewise, if you report a 2-1 win as 1 set, the loser also misses out on their point for a game win.

Ack thats what i did, my bad!
I changed it already, thanks for the heads up!!

Maniza Vs. DuroNL (2-1)

Intense battles, loved it already :) was nice to meet up and play a game with Maniza! Thnx!!

Well played sir ;)

ThrawnOmega
05-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Ack thats what i did, my bad!
I changed it already, thanks for the heads up!!

Maniza Vs. DuroNL (2-1)

Intense battles, loved it already :) was nice to meet up and play a game with Maniza! Thnx!!

Well played sir ;)

Looks like you or someone else already fixed it. I do have the ability to go in and change the scores you enter though if there was an error.

maniza
05-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Maniza Vs. DuroNL (2-1)

Well played sir ;)

those games were so close! certainly could have gone ether way. great games.

Damascus
05-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Hey there,

Have some results to report -

Damascus 2-0 against Stuntbum

Thanks and gg!

FlyingMeatchip
05-10-2014, 02:34 AM
If you could link me as well if you haven't done so yet.

ThrawnOmega
05-10-2014, 04:12 AM
If you could link me as well if you haven't done so yet.

Done.

Also, 11 matches down, 7 to go!

elfstone
05-10-2014, 07:17 AM
elfstone Manticore 2-0 Over Cykelman Royalroad

1st game he had a 9 turn mana flood, 2nd game he had me, miracle top deck to bring it back. O_o. Nice playing with you Royal!

Fenrus
05-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Distruptor over Fenrus 2-1, gg man.

Distruptor
05-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Distruptor over Fenrus 2-1, gg man.

Good games, you got unlucky with the matchup and the draws. Good luck for your next macthes!

FlyingMeatchip
05-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Sorry but if you could add [_htp] to the end of my challonge ID that should work.

ThrawnOmega
05-11-2014, 07:00 AM
Reminder under 24 hours left in this tournament period. I'll be AFK tonight watching the Minnesota Wild, so scoring will be updated Monday morning before 8am Central time.

puffycow
05-11-2014, 07:43 AM
Your reasoning is perfectly acceptable because hockey is amazing.

f5shooter
05-11-2014, 08:04 AM
Any matches not completed end in a draw? And we start Round 2 tomorrow?

Arveene
05-11-2014, 08:05 AM
Reminder under 24 hours left in this tournament period. I'll be AFK tonight watching the Minnesota Wild, so scoring will be updated Monday morning before 8am Central time.

Agreed. I'm still a bit salty that my Wings were knocked out, but it's the Bruins. Seeing the Wild give the Hawks such a hard time is making me smile though.

Since everyone else is doing it, feel free to link my Challonge account as well, less work for you if everyone reports their own matches. Challonge username is Arveene

ThrawnOmega
05-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Any matches not completed end in a draw? And we start Round 2 tomorrow?

Yes, non-played matches end in a draw. I'm also considering changing the scoring system so everyone who played their match gets a point, no matter the outcome. I want people who are playing but lose to be ranked higher than people who didn't play but get scored a tie. This should also make it so if we have any recurring people not participating, they get matched together so the experience isn't ruined for everyone else. The 1 point game between 0-2 losers and non-participants isn't big enough that someone who misses a week is screwed for the rest of the tournament if they do show up later.

;)

Agreed. I'm still a bit salty that my Wings were knocked out, but it's the Bruins. Seeing the Wild give the Hawks such a hard time is making me smile though.

Since everyone else is doing it, feel free to link my Challonge account as well, less work for you if everyone reports their own matches. Challonge username is Arveene

You're updated. Also, it's nice to have a Minnesota sports team (other than the Lynx) doing well for a change. Even if they were to lose this series, it was a good season for them.

QuartZ
05-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Quartz 1-2 Bofedy
Third game bugged cuz i played a zombie plague and then bofedy had to go, so we are assuming he won anyway
he had an argus out and was dropping a droo's...i still had full life and urunaaz in hand but dont think i could get back
ggz

ThrawnOmega
05-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Official round deadline is in 5.5 hours, however practically speaking you have 14, as I won't be finalizing scores until 6am (US Central time) Monday morning. At this point, I'm not making any changes to the scoring system as they vast majority of games are in and there's still time for the rest. I will monitor non-participation though and make changes as / if needed though to provide everyone the best experience I can over the next 7 weeks.

DuroNL
05-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Yes, non-played matches end in a draw. I'm also considering changing the scoring system so everyone who played their match gets a point, no matter the outcome. I want people who are playing but lose to be ranked higher than people who didn't play but get scored a tie. This should also make it so if we have any recurring people not participating, they get matched together so the experience isn't ruined for everyone else. The 1 point game between 0-2 losers and non-participants isn't big enough that someone who misses a week is screwed for the rest of the tournament if they do show up later.

Are you thinking of 0,5 points then? :P cause if someone loses 2-0 and gets 1 point, he will have equal points to the one that lost with 2-1..

Xenavire
05-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Are you thinking of 0,5 points then? :P cause if someone loses 2-0 and gets 1 point, he will have equal points to the one that lost with 2-1..

I think he means it will start at 1-1, then go up to 3-1 or 3-2.

ThrawnOmega
05-11-2014, 03:15 PM

My thought was, if necessary, to give everyone who played a match 1 more point. Basically, add 2 sets to each game where each person wins 1. That makes winning a match worth 4 pts, winning one game worth 2, losing 0-2 worth 1, and a tie worth 0. I would then increase the value of a bye to 4 points to match a win.

You are right. Beat me to it and I didn't notice :cool:

Xenavire
05-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Oh, so you are going 1 point per game win, plus 1 point for the match win, and 1 point automatic for playing? Kind of cool.

How are you handling people that are here to play, but their opponent is away?

ThrawnOmega
05-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Oh, so you are going 1 point per game win, plus 1 point for the match win, and 1 point automatic for playing? Kind of cool.

How are you handling people that are here to play, but their opponent is away?

Case-by-case basis. If someone is out of town for work and can't play, I would probably give the win to their opponent. If someone voluntarily concedes and lets me know, I would still give them 1 participation point for following up, as that shows they are trying to stay involved.

If someone pulls a no-show (or never follows up on someone's PMs to set a time) and I don't hear a word from them, I would award a win to the person who got stood up, and not grant a participation point to the other.

Remlap
05-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Hey Thrawn,

I noticed you haven't updated one of the scores yet. On Page 11, Elfstone posted his match results. Still not in the tournament table.

ThrawnOmega
05-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Hey Thrawn,

I noticed you haven't updated one of the scores yet. On Page 11, Elfstone posted his match results. Still not in the tournament table.

Thank you. For some reason I missed that one.

mister_Rollup
05-11-2014, 08:27 PM
hi ! i cant edit score : (

mister_rollup : 2 / chance walker : 1

ThrawnOmega
05-12-2014, 04:25 AM
Round 2 matchups are live!

DuroNL
05-12-2014, 08:36 AM

Aha!! :P

I see we are up next :) ill pm you to match up :)

My thought was, if necessary, to give everyone who played a match 1 more point. Basically, add 2 sets to each game where each person wins 1. That makes winning a match worth 4 pts, winning one game worth 2, losing 0-2 worth 1, and a tie worth 0. I would then increase the value of a bye to 4 points to match a win.

Yes that makes a lot of sense to me :) thanks for clarifying that ;)

BossHoss
05-12-2014, 09:05 AM
@Thrawn

Just out of curiosity, why did I only get 2 points while everyone else is receiving 3?

Also notice that my opponent who I beat got 3 points for the loss and a bye?

ThrawnOmega
05-12-2014, 09:18 AM
@Thrawn

Just out of curiosity, why did I only get 2 points while everyone else is receiving 3?

Also notice that my opponent who I beat got 3 points for the loss and a bye?

You had to score entered as a single set. That shorted you a point, and Kurasa would not get their point for winning a game. Each game should be reported as a 1-0 set win. Took me a minute the first time to realize that's how I wanted it for match scoring.

I went in and fixed it so it should now display correctly for both of you.

Your opponents score is correct. 1 point for winning a single game. The 3 points are for this week as they drew the bye and won't play this week, which I score as a win so someone does not get short-changed for being the odd one out.

If anyone else sees score issues, please let me know.

puffycow
05-12-2014, 09:54 AM
I feel like I am the Western ambassador to play against those in the Eastern time zones :)

ZillahEnoch
05-12-2014, 04:06 PM
I feel like I am the Western ambassador to play against those in the Eastern time zones :)
Haha ! I would gladly say I am the other way around, but it is statistically unsurprising :)
Good luck for your next game !

puffycow
05-13-2014, 07:53 AM
Haha, thanks! You too!

FlyingMeatchip
05-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Maniza....what is your ingame name? I cannot find your name in game to add as friend or to mail you. I cannot understand why anyone would put up two different names to enter a community event. It makes it very difficult to track people down.

maniza
05-13-2014, 12:05 PM
maniza 2 - FlyingMeatchip 0

good fun games flying good luck in the rest of the tournament

DuroNL
05-15-2014, 09:06 AM
The tournament is coming along quite nicely :)

great!!

;) **

Sereaphim
05-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Sereaphim: 2 - Cavench: 1

ThrawnOmega
05-16-2014, 05:19 AM
Only 2 matches reported so far... I hope you all have plans for playing this weekend!

Xenavire
05-16-2014, 05:20 AM
Only 2 matches reported so far... I hope you all have plans for playing this weekend!

I have been sick all week, and my opponent has been busy as far as I am aware, but our match is set for tonight. :)

Remlap
05-16-2014, 07:14 AM
I also have a match set for tonight! I've been busy all week with school unfortunately.

QuartZ
05-16-2014, 08:03 AM
I have a match set for tomorrow ;P

puffycow
05-16-2014, 09:29 AM
I'll be playing Werlix in 5-6 hours, hopefully. It's always fun trying to schedule games with people halfway around the world :)

Peseto
05-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Peseto (ValueCity) 0 - BossHoss (Aettir) 2.

Got horribly destroyed, but had a lot of fun anyways ;)

DuroNL
05-16-2014, 10:12 AM
I have been sick all week, and my opponent has been busy as far as I am aware, but our match is set for tonight. :)

Correct :)

We should have our scores later this evening :)

DuroNL
05-16-2014, 11:18 AM
Xenavire - Duro 2-0

Wow i got my ass kicked :P

fun games though ^^ enjoyed yet another round in this tournament!

Xenavire
05-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Xenavire - Duro 2-0

Wow i got my ass kicked :P

fun games though ^^ enjoyed yet another round in this tournament!

Haha, not ass kicked, not after that soul marble play - I kept the pressure on, but that thing nearly swung the whole match! Great games, really, hope to play again soon :)

puffycow
05-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Werlix got some awesome cards out in games 2 and 3.

Werlix 2 - puffycow 1

f5shooter
05-16-2014, 05:38 PM
I've been unable to hook up with my opponent this week. :(

I'm unable to play on Monday or Tuesday night but have been on Wed and Thurs. and again tonight and haven't seen him yet. Unfortunately I go out of town tomorrow morning until Sunday night, so if we can't get it done tonight we only have one more chance late Sunday evening. Otherwise we both get a draw?

Remlap
05-16-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm trying to arrange something with Zeldafreakneo for tonight.. But he appears to be MIA..

Pheelon
05-16-2014, 06:31 PM
no response yet from TheBokononist about a specific time/date - it isn't easy with him being PST (-7 GMT) and me being GMT+1 but i got time all weekend so we should be able to meet up (thats if he replys)

Remlap
05-16-2014, 06:37 PM
I feel like there's no way this tournament will last 6 more weeks. I'm betting we have 50% participation by the final round.

EDIT: @Pheelon.. TheBokononist was MIA last round as well. @Thrawn.. What's the policy on this? Pheelon is clearly able and willing. Should he be punished with a draw for someone else's lack of commitment?

ThrawnOmega
05-16-2014, 07:16 PM
I will have an official statement tomorrow morning about how I will handle no-shows / unplayed matches. Thank you for your patience in this matter. ;)

Short version: I'm tracking no-shows and have Comet Strikes armed and ready. If you're trying to play, I'm much nicer to you.

I know how I want to handle these, it's just an issue of having time to articulate it tonight.

Remlap
05-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Don't you think Comet Strikes are a little harsh?

:D

ThrawnOmega
05-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Let's just say I learned how to remove people from the tournament w/o ruining the experience for everyone else.

Remlap
05-16-2014, 07:42 PM

mister_Rollup
05-17-2014, 06:18 AM
mister_rollup : 2 / arveen gensokyo :0

problem on the last match maybe a bug with soul marble

Arveene
05-17-2014, 06:41 AM
mister_rollup : 2 / arveen gensokyo :0

problem on the last match maybe a bug with soul marble

No, it was definitely a bug with soul marble. Anyways, gg and gl in the next rounds.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34323&p=349690
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35405

ThrawnOmega
05-17-2014, 08:37 AM
For everyone's piece of mind, let me fill you in on my approach to attendance issues, in case this becomes a problem as the tournament carries on.

Anyone who is inactive for ANY two weeks will be removed from the tournament. They do not have to be consecutive weeks. I define "inactive" as you did not play your match, you didn't notify your opponent of your inability to play, and I was not notified you would be able to play. Basically, no communication whatsoever. I must be notified of any issues BEFORE the period ends.

Improper Conduct I do not disclose to anyone any reports I get of improper conduct or bug exploits. If I receive two independent accounts of a member abusing the game or behaving poorly, I will remove you from the tournament. Bugged games MUST be replayed unless BOTH parties agree the outcome was not in doubt. That was in my OP from weeks ago and isn't new information.

All scenarios are handled on a case-by-case basis, but here are some guidelines to set expectations. Also, remember honor system is key to making it all run.

Person A tried to reach person B, person B never responded or didn't show up. I favor the people who are trying to communicate with each other and me over those who don't. Person A should forward to me any PMs they sent and any other contact attempts, and will likely get awarded a 2-0 win. Person B gets 1 of their 2 strikes towards removal from the tournament.

Person A is available all week, Person B is out of town an has no opportunity to play The honorable thing to do here is let me know this is what's happening. Person A could have played, and I would give a 2-0 win. Person B would suffer no penalty to their attendance record and stays in good standing in the tournament.

Person A AND B are both so booked they can't play I log this as a 0-0 tie, both people retain good standing in the tournament.

ZillahEnoch
05-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Thanks Thrawn.
By the way, despite our silence so far, deejay and I have our match planned for tomorrow, so no worries about that :)

Remlap
05-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Zeldafreakneo (Tephra) defeats Remlap 2-0

Zeldafreakneo
05-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Remlap did a great job, had me on the ropes in round 2 for a bit. He went for a hail mary to finish me off and it backfired !

puffycow
05-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Remlap was never all that good at football.

Remlap
05-17-2014, 06:08 PM
It was definitely a hail mary. I got such terrible draws in both games. I'll be back!

QuartZ
05-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Quartz 2 - 1 Dragonsiege
close games!

Fenrus
05-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Fenrus over Chance/Walker 2-0. GG man, sorry about the shard screw in game 1.

ZillahEnoch
05-18-2014, 03:15 AM
Eventhough his deck was clearly superior to mine, I managed to beat deejay 2-1.
Sorry about the screw game 3. Game 1 was the most intense games I can remember ever playing.

Thanks a lot ! :)

deejay
05-18-2014, 11:05 AM
Was lots of fun. Definitely agree on the first game and appreciate the kind thoughts on the deck (suspect it is the player who is a bit suspect in this case:o)

ThrawnOmega
05-18-2014, 11:20 AM
7 matches left. I'm already aware of potential attendance problems with 3 of them. 4 are total question marks. Still 9 hours left, but putting it out there.

Distruptor
05-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Distruptor 0 - 2 Bofedy

Damn Angel of Dawn is all i have to say.

Pheelon
05-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Bolivar vs Pheelon 1-2 (allready reported)

the first game bugged out so we replayed that
the next game he won with mass replicas ;)
the thrid game i was able to disrupt him early enough to win
then he had to leave for RL reasonss and conceded the last game.

those were some really nice and fun games and gave me some pointers for my raptor deck too ;)

ZillahEnoch
05-18-2014, 05:42 PM
Was lots of fun. Definitely agree on the first game and appreciate the kind thoughts on the deck (suspect it is the player who is a bit suspect in this case:o)

Whoops, re-reading my message, it seems incredibly pretentious.
Of course it was not a matter of a player superior to the other. I'd say we were pretty even (which probably means I was worse :p)
I won to a shard screw. :)

EDIT : I noticed that there is an input error for the Disruptor/Bofedy match. Only one round with 2/0 was entered where it should be 2 times 1/0. Bofedy thus has 5 points instead of 6 in total.

ThrawnOmega
05-18-2014, 06:54 PM
EDIT : I noticed that there is an input error for the Disruptor/Bofedy match. Only one round with 2/0 was entered where it should be 2 times 1/0. Bofedy thus has 5 points instead of 6 in total.

Good catch. I fixed it.

EDIT: Sorry folks, I'm too exhausted to stay up until 10 to close the period at normal time. Plan on your week 3 matchups being posted by 8am US Central time Monday morning.

I am giving Werlix and Bokononist a hall pass on the attendance strike system and not issuing strikes for Week 1 because both of them played their match this week, and I handn't put my intentions to print back then.

I AM applying strikes for inactivity this week, and those who have been inactive since the very beginning of the tournament will be removed from the field at the end of the week.

Athravan
05-19-2014, 04:13 AM
Looking forward to next week, good luck everyone :D I've learned a ton of stuff so far, seen some cards I didn't even know existed used in ways/combos I wouldn't have thought of.

ThrawnOmega
05-19-2014, 08:18 AM
Round 3 match ups are live. Good luck this week!

A LOT of people (5+ if memory serves) will be getting a PM from me about the attendance / communication policy, and a strike. I also removed 1 person from the competition for inactivity. I hope this helps liven up the tourney, as I'd hate to have to do too much triage to keep things active and fun for everyone else.

Remlap
05-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Round 3 match ups are live. Good luck this week!

A LOT of people (5+ if memory serves) will be getting a PM from me about the attendance / communication policy, and a strike. I also removed 1 person from the competition for inactivity. I hope this helps liven up the tourney, as I'd hate to have to do too much triage to keep things active and fun for everyone else.

Hey Thrawn,

If you removed one person, shouldn't that be the end of Bye weeks? However, the standings say that 3 people have received a "bye" to this point. It also looks like 2 people are "crossed off" on the list of games played. Does that mean that 2 people have actually been booted?

bofedy
05-19-2014, 09:48 AM
reporting in sir! 2-0 to me against xenavire. Having fun so far all 3 people i have talked to during game have been nice and good to talk to :)

Xenavire
05-19-2014, 11:09 AM
reporting in sir! 2-0 to me against xenavire. Having fun so far all 3 people i have talked to during game have been nice and good to talk to :)

Bofedy took me out with a good mix of skill and luck - at least I know what to put in my maindeck for now, while we wait for Bo3's.

ThrawnOmega
05-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Hey Thrawn,

If you removed one person, shouldn't that be the end of Bye weeks? However, the standings say that 3 people have received a "bye" to this point. It also looks like 2 people are "crossed off" on the list of games played. Does that mean that 2 people have actually been booted?

My opponent week 2 was booted for 2 weeks of inactivity. The other scratch asked to withdraw from the tournament, so I honored their request. They were in good standing.

Remlap
05-19-2014, 02:22 PM
My opponent week 2 was booted for 2 weeks of inactivity. The other scratch asked to withdraw from the tournament, so I honored their request. They were in good standing.

Makes sense to me!

ThrawnOmega
05-19-2014, 05:00 PM
7 players received attendance strikes for week 2. Gross.

Hopefully that's a shot across the bow that improves attendance and keeps folks in more contact with me if there are issues setting up a game. If not, there could be some field cuts in the next few weeks, but that will help make sure everyone left really wants to be playing.

Liokae
05-19-2014, 05:11 PM
Finals week in school, and I wasn't contacted by opponent or organizer about the matchup... fairly easy to forget about it under those circumstances.

ThrawnOmega
05-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Finals week in school, and I wasn't contacted by opponent or organizer about the matchup... fairly easy to forget about it under those circumstances.

RL happens. And seriously, I hope finals went well for you. I'm not so far out of college myself to have forgotten how much of a chore those can be. That's why everyone gets a week of silence. Missing 2 weeks is 25% of the tournament, which is why I decided on 1 miss free rather than a "3 strikes you're out" policy. Missing games not only effects the person who can't show, but the person who wanted to play but couldn't, and I want this tournament to stay active so everyone can meet as many folks as possible.

I'm pretty lax on what constitutes "inactivity" that could be a removal from the tournament. If you can't play, but notify me and your opponent, you're FINE. I'm not trying to remove anyone with busy schedules. The intent is to remove people who drop off the face of the earth and aren't talking to anyone.

I do apologize work of this wasn't presented sooner. This is the first tournament I've ever tried to run, and it didn't come to me until too late that I should have something more explicit in print. Live and learn. It'll be clearer sooner next time.

That said, the decisions I've made have precedent within the rules I established from the very beginning.

Referring back to my OP; all of this was posted before sign-ups ended:

"To allow everyone time to coordinate schedules with their opponent, rounds will last 1 week, from Monday morning to Sunday night."

Rules: Got to have some to prevent chaos, right?
1 - Rounds will run from 8am Monday Mornings US Central time to 10pm central time the following Sunday night. Sorry if this hinders some time zones, but this works most easily for me to update standings.
3- Report the outcome in this thread, as well as game count (2-0 win, 2-1...)
5- If for some reason a match can't be played that week, please let me know ASAP and explain why. I'll try to help work something out but reserve the right to count no-shows as losses.

This was post #49 in the thread so you can be forgiven if you missed it:

Bracket updated.
Heads up to all, I will try to send a mass PM Sunday night or Monday morning to announce the beginning to announce the beginning of the tournament. After that, all updates will be in the OP or elsewhere in this thread. Counting on everyone to stay on top of your matches and reporting them so I can track and properly update everything. ;)

I don't want to be in a position of pestering people with PMs to ask when their matches are going to be. Sending out that 1 mass PM took enough time as it was as I can only send to 5 users at a time. I'm trying my best to be fair to everyone, but each person has their own responsibility to remember the weekly cycle and let me know if things come up. I have enough going on IRL myself it's not practical to try prod anyone who may be forgetting.

I mean no disrespect in this post, but offer it as a walkthrough of my though process for anyone curious or upset about this policy. It's now out in the open for the last 6 weeks, so hopefully no more surprises for anyone.

Smiley90
05-19-2014, 06:35 PM
7 players received attendance strikes for week 2. Gross.

Hopefully that's a shot across the bow that improves attendance and keeps folks in more contact with me if there are issues setting up a game. If not, there could be some field cuts in the next few weeks, but that will help make sure everyone left really wants to be playing.

:x I'm one of those. Sorry, with me having a bye in week 1 and work being busy I totally forgot about this. I didn't receive a PM from my opponent so I had nothing remininding me this was still happening. Ofc it's 50% my fault, but yeah.

Gonna send my opponent a PM right now and hope I can do the Week 2 matchup this week.

Already have my Week 3 matchup organized. -looks at Liokae-

Liokae
05-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Couple easy things to edit into the original post:

Time zone reference post: http://bit.ly/1ghxrJI
Attendance policy post: http://bit.ly/1ghxy86
Current brackets: http://challonge.com/GTKYHEX

"See post #<x>" is kinda silly when you can link directly to posts ;-)

Liokae
05-19-2014, 09:24 PM
2-0 in my favor against Smiley/Nagapur. Sorry again for your horrible luck on the draw, bud. :-(

Smiley90
05-19-2014, 09:26 PM
2-0 in my favor against Smiley/Nagapur. Sorry again for your horrible luck on the draw, bud. :-(

BOO THIS MAN/WOMAN.

Naw gg. First game I misclicked keep hand instead of to mulligan with only 1 mana and didn't draw anything afterwards, second game I had 10 mana and no cards and it still came down to a point where one more turn I'd have won, but he drew perfectly. You win some, you lose some. fun games though! :)

I also contacted my opponent for Round 2.... what do I do if he doesn't respond? Is he still in the tournament/did he play his first round?

Kurasa
05-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Kurasa 2-0 against Stuntbum. Thanks for the good games. :)

FlyingMeatchip
05-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Damascus, get a hold of me at frankmarkovich@outlook.com with you in game screenname. Im free till thursday afternoon.

puffycow
05-21-2014, 11:42 AM
I have message Krond once Monday and once again this morning. I haven't heard anything and I am leaving for vacation this weekend on Friday morning. I just wanted a record of it here so you know I was trying to schedule a match.

f5shooter
05-21-2014, 07:21 PM
f5shooter/Vogar got past maniza/rivendale 2-1. Tough matches all three, with resource screw kinda handing me victory in the third.

ThrawnOmega
05-21-2014, 08:26 PM
As this weekend is a holiday weekend in the US, would anyone object if I extend this period though monday night, and finalize scores next Tues at 8am?

Also, seeking community feedback on this as the point of this is to get to know people and have some casual fun. It's a shared tournament, and I want to play the Overlord card as few times as needed. What are your thoughts on people who miss their scheduled game being allowed to get credit for it if they play it later?

If you stand up your opponent, you're getting a loss. No "try-again later" clause for people who don't communicate, and I intent to continue to remove people who drop off the face of the earth.

However, if BOTH parties missed a game, should they get credit later? Or be allowed to schedule it outside the normal 1-week period? My problem with this is your rating effects who you get paired up with, so missing games and then getting the points later changes who you'd play. This also lessens the point of the 1 week time period, if folks for some reason feel they would rather play a specific opponent if a few weeks. Where should the line be drawn?

I feel your week is your week, and if it passed, those points are gone. I'm listening to suggestions though if you feel that's a dick move and you have an alternative.

(Regardless of community feedback, tournament IS done after week 8. The end of that period is a hard deadline for all matches, if people really want late games)

ZillahEnoch
05-21-2014, 09:26 PM
the point of this is to get to know people and have some casual fun.
This is working great for now, every opponent I had was nice and I am looking forward to playing them again.

For allowing people to play their match if they both missed it and informed you about it.
Well, there should be a penalty anyway, because otherwise it is a direct bonus to miss a match:
You count as losing for the pairing and yet you get the opportunity to get points as if you won.
I know the players here wouldn't go as far as getting late on purpose, but if there is no incentive to play on time, we may have more delays than we would otherwise.

As for pushing the week to Tuesday due to the holiday, no problem with that for me :)

DuroNL
05-22-2014, 02:15 AM
Edit: Ack, double post :S

DuroNL
05-22-2014, 02:21 AM
BronIsBoss Xenos, i send you a PM yesterday to set up this match we need to have :)

Let me know when!

@Thrawn, i won't mind the tourney rounds going on until Monday night, though i'm not able to play on Monday due to work, so for me this has to happen at the latest on Sunday. I'm hoping my opponent will reply in time!

Pheelon
05-22-2014, 04:26 AM
No problems with that here - should be able to finish my matches on the weekend too.
Had 2 yesterday but in the 2nd we encountered a game Changing Bug - Soul Armaments removes Inner Conflict - and decided to replay it. My Opponent had to leave for RL issues after that though so I'm 1-0 atm with the other match(es) to come in the next few days.

puffycow
05-22-2014, 04:38 AM
You can push the day back, I wouldn't mind. I am away from this Friday through next Wednesday anyways. Still no word from Krond :(

ZillahEnoch
05-22-2014, 06:16 PM
No problems with that here - should be able to finish my matches on the weekend too.
Had 2 yesterday but in the 2nd we encountered a game Changing Bug - Soul Armaments removes Inner Conflict - and decided to replay it. My Opponent had to leave for RL issues after that though so I'm 1-0 atm with the other match(es) to come in the next few days.
Why didn't you just decide not to attack and not block ever with that creature ? Was it a Savage Raider or something ?

I actually had a similar bug with Soul Armaments (removed a permanent -1/-1), we kept track of the life differential and didn't attack on purpose on the last turn to restore a correct amount of turn played. It is not always a perfect solution but it was fair in our game situation (no opposing creatures).

Well you guys agreed on a solution so that's the most important. But I just wanted to point out that bugs can be fixed with fair-play sometimes. :)

Fenrus
05-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Fenrus over Cavench/Eastvale 2-0, gg!

Pheelon
05-23-2014, 02:40 AM
Why didn't you just decide not to attack and not block ever with that creature ? Was it a Savage Raider or something ?

Becouse I clicked too fast and was allready in the Declare Defender Step and attacking just once with a Vamp King (2 were attacking) is too much.

QuartZ
05-23-2014, 06:22 AM
So, still waiting response from my opponent, i PMed him here and sent a friend invite ingame

About the dates, i feel that the one week period should be respected unless its impossible for one player to do the match that week...postpone matcches on purpose itss a bad idea IMO

ZillahEnoch
05-23-2014, 07:02 AM
Becouse I clicked too fast and was allready in the Declare Defender Step and attacking just once with a Vamp King (2 were attacking) is too much.
Sure thing, all power to you for cancelling the match then :)

mister_Rollup
05-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Three amazingly close matches !

mister_rollup rollup : 2 / Boss Hoss Aettir : 1

Zeldafreakneo
05-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Tephra beats Athravan 2-1!

The First Game was a nailbiter. I got swarmed and destroyed in the second game. There was nothing he could have done in the last game to stop me!

Great matches!

Athravan
05-23-2014, 09:29 AM
Tephra beats Athravan 2-1!

The First Game was a nailbiter. I got swarmed and destroyed in the second game. There was nothing he could have done in the last game to stop me!

Great matches!

*she :D

But yup, very good matches. I was not coming out of that last match alive whatever I did.

BossHoss
05-23-2014, 10:00 AM
Three amazingly close matches !

mister_rollup rollup : 2 / Boss Hoss Aettir : 1

Great games! I will be having Countermagic nightmares for a long time!

Pheelon
05-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Werlix vs Pheelon 2-1 - some nice games - Soul Marble ftw (or lose) and Exile Wars ;) - ahh well fucked up a Inquisition else it might have been different but thats life...

Zeldafreakneo
05-23-2014, 01:53 PM
*she :D

My humble apologies.

mister_Rollup
05-24-2014, 04:31 AM
Great games! I will be having Countermagic nightmares for a long time!

yeah i was realy lucky with CM :)

ThrawnOmega
05-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Hey everyone, I'm very busy this weekend with a friend over, so don't panic of you don't get responses to PMs for a while. Likewise, tournament updates will be slow on the bracket if not self-reported. Rest assured, everything WILL be read through before I finalize scores on Monday night.
----
I won 2-0 on Distruptor. Shard screw made game 2 lopsided. with a few more on the board, there's a good chance I'd have lost that one early.

Distruptor
05-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Hey everyone, I'm very busy this weekend with a friend over, so don't panic of you don't get responses to PMs for a while. Likewise, tournament updates will be slow on the bracket if not self-reported. Rest assured, everything WILL be read through before I finalize scores on Monday night.
----
I won 2-0 on Distruptor. Shard screw made game 2 lopsided. with a few more on the board, there's a good chance I'd have lost that one early.

Well played. I'll be waititng for trading so you can "hook me in" on the "useful green cards" you say to have. :p

deejay
05-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Deejay defeats Remlap 2-1.

Thanks again for helping navigate the large timezone difference. Enjoyed the games despite the unearthly time for a Sunday on a long weekend! See you around online.

Remlap
05-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Hey no worries! Thanks for at least giving me one win!

Dragonm137
05-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Lost to Chance 2-1. Going to keep with my new deck every week strategy even though it's clearly not working.

FlyingMeatchip
05-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Still waiting for my match with Damascus....i just pm'd him my personal phone number to schedule match.

mister_Rollup
05-26-2014, 02:16 PM
rollup : 2 - boss hoss aettir : 1

dont know if u saw it , result isnt updated

FlyingMeatchip
05-26-2014, 05:33 PM
No contact from damascus yet....I pm'd him in forum and ingame.

ThrawnOmega
05-27-2014, 05:35 AM
Round 4 match-ups are live!

I didn't see a score for Bokonist / Peseto. Everyone else's were logged.

Krond and Damascus were removed for inactivity.

Sereaphim
05-29-2014, 02:16 PM
I got so far no answer from Quartz.
I have pmed him in the forum and tried to contact him in the game.
Hope he is responding me until the end of this week.

QuartZ
05-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Sorry Sereaphim, i've been a little busy lately but im still around!
sent you a PM and friend ingame ;D

FlyingMeatchip
05-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Werlix.....I work until monday morning....best time for me I get home at around 5am central US or early evening prior to 8pm....i think you said your 6 hours behind me? best bet would be early morning for me then.

Xenavire
05-29-2014, 09:11 PM
I have been a bit busy this week - Pheelon, can you let me know when you are free?

Distruptor
05-30-2014, 11:48 AM
I won over Liokae/Elena 2-1.

We got shard screwed one game each, the deciding one was really just the second one. Still, it was fun to play, GG.

Xenavire
05-30-2014, 01:53 PM
2-0 to Pheelon. Whooped me good, didn't stand a chance.

maniza
05-30-2014, 02:50 PM
maniza 2 - Athravan 0

thanks for the games.

deejay
05-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Deejay 2 - 1 vs BossHoss

Was a lot of fun with some entertaining side chat whilst we were both gem mining on game two.

BossHoss
05-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Deejay 2 - 1 vs BossHoss

Was a lot of fun with some entertaining side chat whilst we were both gem mining on game two.

Great games and loads of fun

I hadn't seen that many shards in a row since I bedazzled my jean jacket!

mister_Rollup
05-31-2014, 06:08 AM
Victory for zillah , GG to him 2 tight game and final ruined by screw

Zillah 2 / rollup 1

ZillahEnoch
05-31-2014, 06:14 AM
Victory for zillah , GG to him 2 tight game and final ruined by screw

Zillah 2 / rollup 1

I feel really bad for that last game yeah. Had you not lacked that last Sapphire you would have won turn so fast, scary...
The other games were really tense though, thanks a lot ! :)

BRonIsBoss
05-31-2014, 07:25 AM
I won this weeks match 2-1 against dragonsiege

ThrawnOmega
05-31-2014, 07:42 AM
The tournament bracket is now up-to-date with every match result I'm aware of.

Sereaphim
05-31-2014, 07:52 AM
How long do we have time for this round ?

Distruptor
05-31-2014, 11:09 AM
I won over Liokae/Elena 2-1.

We got shard screwed one game each, the deciding one was really just the second one. Still, it was fun to play, GG.

You gave Liokae the win instead of me.

Fenrus
05-31-2014, 12:33 PM
Fenrus over Vogar/f5shooter 2-1. Really close games! Unfortunately, game 3 was mostly decided by Vogar's shard screw :(

ThrawnOmega
05-31-2014, 02:58 PM
You gave Liokae the win instead of me.

Fixed.

How long do we have time for this round ?

Last week was an anomoly due to the US holiday. We're now back to the regular schedule, which makes this a shorter week. My intent is to finalize matches at 7am US Central time on Monday morning.

Remlap
05-31-2014, 08:50 PM
Remlap over Kurasa, 2-1.

puffycow
06-01-2014, 04:03 AM
I had Chance this week but between returning from vacation and poor scheduling on my part we won't be getting our games in. However, Chance was very available and this was all on me. Please give him the wins.

ThrawnOmega
06-01-2014, 07:13 AM
I had Chance this week but between returning from vacation and poor scheduling on my part we won't be getting our games in. However, Chance was very available and this was all on me. Please give him the wins.

Appreciate the update. I have marked it as such. You won't get any penalty in the attendance tracking.

bofedy
06-01-2014, 10:19 AM
just won 2/0 almost lost first game to screew was very lucky

Sereaphim
06-01-2014, 11:12 AM
QuartZ 2 - 1 Sereaphim

Could you please drop me out of the tournament ?
Thanks for the hard work but it takes sadly to much time for me.

ThrawnOmega
06-01-2014, 11:16 AM
QuartZ 2 - 1 Sereaphim

Could you please drop me out of the tournament ?

Match logged and I've taken you out. Sorry to lose another player. Hope you fare well in all your future HEX activities.

Sereaphim
06-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Match logged and I've taken you out. Sorry to lose another player. Hope you fare well in all your future HEX activities.

The problem was that i had multiple times to wait for my opponents.
I am little bit sick to wait some night from 23:00 to 1:00 in hex because i hope my enemy comes.
And then wait against from 7:00 - 10:00 in the morning.
Nothing against him he hard week but this hole think takes me to long and is not fun for me.

The other problem I had was that the tournament got delayed for american holidays and made this week shorter where i had holidays in my country with "'fathers/men day".

So yea I wish you guys good luck and hope that you still have fun.

FlyingMeatchip
06-01-2014, 06:23 PM
Werlix gg's, you beat me to the punch 1st game and Badly shard screwed the second.

Note to Tourny director....in any tournament the loser of the first match ALWAYS starts the second match. This needs to be addressed and put in place. To much advantage for the winning player to start the second match and in this case both.

Werlix
06-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Werlix gg's, you beat me to the punch 1st game and Badly shard screwed the second.

Note to Tourny director....in any tournament the loser of the first match ALWAYS starts the second match. This needs to be addressed and put in place. To much advantage for the winning player to start the second match and in this case both.

Yeah I'd agree it seems fair to let the player who lost game 1 choose if they want to start game 2. Hopefully best of 3 challenge matches come soon so this is built in...

GGs though, thanks for the games. Was tricky to organise times to meet but we got there :)

FlyingMeatchip
06-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Yeah I'd agree it seems fair to let the player who lost game 1 choose if they want to start game 2. Hopefully best of 3 challenge matches come soon so this is built in...

GGs though, thanks for the games. Was tricky to organise times to meet but we got there :)

Isn't there a rule about letting professionals play these local tournaments...There should be a rule about professionals....hah!
Wait....were both in the same pro guild...darn.

DuroNL
06-02-2014, 04:40 AM

Agreed to this, i make sure i pass on the starting turn if i won my first match and get to choose, if we all do this, tournament is more fair :)

But all in all, i'm really enjoying this Tournament, met friendly people, and enjoyed all my matches so far :)
lets continue this way!!

Cheers,

ThrawnOmega
06-02-2014, 04:54 AM
Week 5 is live!

Removed for Inactivity:
Cykelman
Elfstone

Challonge physically WOULD NOT ALLOW me to remove Smiley90 or Bokonist. You luck out on a tech error as I didn't want to hold up match-ups for everyone else. Make the most of that and let's see you in games!

Kurasa
06-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Kurasa 2-0 vs Flying Meatchip

Thanks for the games, and sticking with it through the frustrating bug we ran into.

Xenavire
06-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Waiting on Liokae, I am pretty sure he is busy during the week so going to try for the weekend I guess. Not in any rush, but I do hope he isn't too busy in the weekend too.

mister_Rollup
06-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Mister_rollup rollup : 2 vs F5shooter Vogar : 0

Thx to him for the games, we got big time zone gap but we could make it before the week end !

puffycow
06-06-2014, 04:32 AM
Me and BRonIsBoss are working to try to get together to play. We haven't been successful so far but we are attempting! I just want to keep you updated.

Distruptor
06-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Just lost 1-2 to DuroNL/CarnDum. Good games. :D

Damn coyotles, what are they good for if they never show up?

DuroNL
06-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Just lost 1-2 to DuroNL/CarnDum. Good games. :D

Damn coyotles, what are they good for if they never show up?

Hehe nice matches man, that first one i got kicked so hard in the teeth, i was dead on round 5 i believe :P

ZillahEnoch
06-06-2014, 11:18 PM
I have problems with overtime at work this week so I can't show up at the time we had planned tonight for my game.
We'll try to get our match going on Sunday. But I am to blame so far.

Werlix
06-07-2014, 02:01 AM
Werlix 2 - Zeldafreakneo / Tephra 0

Thanks for the games man :) Hopefully see you around in Hex...

Sorry, feel a bit bad that you obviously spent less on the game than me and have a smaller card pool :( Hopefully that AH comes soon and people have a better chance of improving their decks.

ThrawnOmega
06-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Scored updated. I look at general communications at the end when finalizing scores.