PDA

View Full Version : Unsatisfactory Mac support

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 05:38 PM
The mac client is still out of commission. I was told something earlier today by a Mr. Jones.

it will be up today

http://i.imgur.com/9qO9nj8.jpg

GrinningBuddha
04-29-2014, 05:41 PM
This has been addressed. (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34951&p=360204&viewfull=1#post360204) If you spent as much time looking for official responses to your concerns as you do looking for cute memes, you'd be aware of it.

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 05:42 PM
This has been addressed. (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34951&p=360204&viewfull=1#post360204) If you spent as much time looking for official responses to your concerns as you do looking for cute memes, you'd be aware of it.

Aware of what? There is still no mac client working

Not sure how it being indefinitely delayed makes things ok?

IndigoShade
04-29-2014, 05:44 PM
and this is exactly why we get "Soon(TM)".

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Last night I could look through my cards. I could chat with other players. I could build decks. I could play the AI or other people.
There was a patch for only "game stability" last night and now I have nothing at all.

I backed this game partially because of the mac support. It wasn't a stretch goal or something added later. I didn't complain during alpha even though it arrived only 1 week before it was shut down. Is this still part of "shut up and deal, its beta"?

GrinningBuddha
04-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Not being able to play sucks, I understand. It needs to be understood that this is still in early beta and there are going to be times where the game is unplayable for one reason or another. These things happen and it's not like CZE is doing it on purpose to screw you over.

Take your dog for a walk, go see a movie, make out with your girlfriend, whatever you want to do. There will be years and years to play Hex, there's no rush. CZE appreciates our patience while they get things fixed.

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Oh, I know this isn't intentional, thats why I named the title of the thread as such.

Zomnivore
04-29-2014, 06:07 PM
...to be absolutely honest...that photo is hilarious. Well done.

Reminds me of the kickstarter vid too. With the assassin bit.

Bummer that mac is giving them trouble tho.

shizuyami
04-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Playing the victim is always fun. Seems your forgetting that the mac client has been up for.... what... 2 weeks now? There are bound to be bugs and issues so early in the mac release and on top of that we just entered beta. Waiting can be annoying and not playing sucks. But CZE probably wants to get the mac client working for you as much as you do. The pc client had issues as well at the start so you shouldnt be expecting that there wont be issues with the mac client. This will probably not be the last issue either. Just be happy that they find these bugs in beta instead of in release. Part of playing in alpha and beta is helping CZE find bugs, give them feedback and so on. If you only want to play a game without bugs you shouldnt be playing in alphas and betas.

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 06:10 PM
Nice job OP. Well played =)

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 06:13 PM
...to be absolutely honest...that photo is hilarious. Well done.

Reminds me of the kickstarter vid too. With the assassin bit.

Bummer that mac is giving them trouble tho.

I agree, that was a clever edit, even if it was a little inflammatory. I think it should be preserved for fun meme threads.

But ryuukan - you are aware that the Mac client is brand new right? Like about 1-2 weeks old - they have it all working, and then they get caught up by something else, the delivery mechanism (which is what would let you patch.) And you know what? It bloody sucks. It feels unfair. But if it happens now, when things are meant to break, it helps them prevent this happening later (like when tournaments are up, for example.)

It is going to be a rough few (minutes? hours?) but hopefully this will be the one and only time that you feel badly treated because of a server hiccup. I believe in fairness across the board is required for a game to be considered good, and I want that bad right now. I have a few friends who can't play, and I feel bad that they can't. I feel the same for you.

So heres hoping that it is resolved quickly and never happens again!

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 06:15 PM
There's no problem with the client. Just the mechanism they use to get it to us.

I know from personal experience that that sort of stuff happens ALL the time when dealing with CDNs.

Also, today is not over. There is still 5 hours and 45 minutes left on the West Coast.

mach
04-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Also, today is not over. There is still 5 hours and 45 minutes left on the West Coast.

It says your post was at 1:15am. And I don't think I ever changed my forum settings from the default (GMT?). So I could see why someone thinks the day is over.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 06:19 PM
It says your post was at 1:15am. And I don't think I ever changed my forum settings from the default (GMT?). So I could see why someone thinks the day is over.

3am here at GMT+2. But the CZE day is vastly different from our own day here - it is hours away from being the end of the PDT day.

Just saying, people need to adjust and anticipate these things.

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 06:33 PM
I'm adjusting and spending time doing something else, like making threads on the hex forums

Cory_Jones
04-29-2014, 06:37 PM
that picture was awesome! hahahaha, ya I jumped the gun this morning, I thought it was all set to go but we had a last minute issue with the CDN, hopefully it will be fixed over night, sorry :(

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 06:45 PM
that picture was awesome! hahahaha, ya I jumped the gun this morning, I thought it was all set to go but we had a last minute issue with the CDN, hopefully it will be fixed over night, sorry :(

Thank you for the reply, please print and put on office fridge

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 06:51 PM
I'm adjusting and spending time doing something else, like making threads on the hex forums

I wasn't actually referring to you, I was making a general comment - lots of people (myself included on occasion) have trouble figuring out when the official patches take place. :)

elfstone
04-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Total props to OP on that picture. Made me laugh :D

QuantumZeruul
04-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Maybe we need an official Cory Meme Archive somewhere on the site where these kinds of things can be stored for everyone to get a kick out of them down the road.

mudkip
04-30-2014, 07:56 AM

Agreeing with Cory that the pic was awesome, but be careful not to bite the hand that feeds you. This is why CZE are reluctant to give out details, as they can change that quickly and people jump all over them.

hex_colin
04-30-2014, 09:18 AM
Looks like it's back up - I'm updating now... :)