PDA

View Full Version : Missing Sleeve from wheels of fate (had 2 sleeves now only 1)

havocattack
04-29-2014, 11:24 PM
So, the other day I was rolling some chests using the wheels of fate and I got 2 Windbourne Acolyte sleeves...

You can see me getting them in the following video:

http://www.twitch.tv/hexedhavoc/c/4151861

At 5:50 I got the first sleeve, then at 7:20 I got the second sleeve and they both appeared in my sleeve selection initially but now one of them has disappeared. (nothing in stash either)

Tried re-logging but didn't fix it

Xexist
04-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Is it possible losing it isnt a bug, but getting it in the first place was?

I think I heard people say earlier than since you cant trade sleeves, you were only meant to have one of each.

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 11:32 PM
The intent is that you can only ever have 1 set of each sleeves, and that they're untradeable.

There's a display bug currently that leads you to believe that you can have more than one, but they'll be gone the next time you log in after having closed out of the application completely.

havocattack
04-29-2014, 11:33 PM
aww but but my win on the slots D: xD

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 11:35 PM
aww but but my win on the slots D: xD

Sorry, Havoc... :(

Yoss
04-30-2014, 09:34 AM
They need to let you get a different prize or something when you roll a duplicate of an un-tradeable item. Pure lameness if your "win" is actually a fail.

DionyzRex
04-30-2014, 10:58 AM
I just confirmed that this is not a bug.

If your spin results in a prize that will be "wasted" because you've already won the reward... congratulations, you've already won! :p

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 11:55 AM

If your spin results in a prize that will be "wasted" because you've already won the reward... congratulations, you've already won! :p

Would be nice to have some kind of compensation for this added in future builds of WoF. Because when you gamble for real, if you get 777, you don't get a ticket coming out to say 'Sorry, we are aware you have won on this slot machine before. Too bad!'

:p

Yoss
04-30-2014, 12:07 PM

How sad. Could at least give you a free spin, which is still worse than a prize (since the respin has chance to fail).

hammer
04-30-2014, 12:10 PM
The intent is that you can only ever have 1 set of each sleeves, and that they're untradeable.

There's a display bug currently that leads you to believe that you can have more than one, but they'll be gone the next time you log in after having closed out of the application completely.

I have multiple sleeves, despite multiple client closures and relogs. Hopefully this will be tidied up at some point in time.

Yoss
04-30-2014, 12:32 PM
I have multiple sleeves, despite multiple client closures and relogs. Hopefully this will be tidied up at some point in time.

Yes, they've confirmed it as a bug. There's no point in having duplicate sleeves.

cavench
04-30-2014, 01:21 PM
So the official chant of the WoF shall be "no sleeves! no sleeves! no sleeves!".

AswanJaguar
04-30-2014, 02:01 PM
The Wheels of Fate giveth, and the Wheels of Fate taketh away...

It may be better for the players if a token amount of gold was given in lieu of sleeves that can't be won so the player doesn't feel like their spin was a complete waste.

Yoss
04-30-2014, 02:17 PM
The Wheels of Fate giveth, and the Wheels of Fate taketh away...

It may be better for the players if a token amount of gold was given in lieu of sleeves that can't be won so the player doesn't feel like their spin was a complete waste.

Yeah, it will be a major bummer to see three matching symbols and yet not win anything.

hammer
04-30-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah, it will be a major bummer to see three matching symbols and yet not win anything.

That's the luck of kismet sometimes she doesn't reward in her own special way :p

Yoss
04-30-2014, 02:43 PM
Of all the things I worry about with Hex, this is rather low on the list, to be sure. But it's now on the list.