PDA

View Full Version : Feature for the Card Manager

Ravenclaw
04-30-2014, 04:54 AM
Hey folks,

I thought about something. Did anyone knows or heared about a function like "show a friend your collection" or something like that?

Because with trading implemented in the near future it would be awesome to have a feature like this.
This is not realy important in Set 1 or 2 but when we have Set 5, 6 , 7 ... it would be nice to watch in a Collection of someone, that is something I like so very mutch in TCG's. You can't have all Cards in mind that you maybe need. And I like stuff like that.

Is that something that will implemented or does someone hear about a feature like this?

Greetings

Kami
04-30-2014, 05:31 AM
I'd assume they'll have this or add it eventually.

Kind of hard to easily find people to trade with when you can't see what they have. Obviously it should have privacy options but I'd hope it'd be added eventually.

Ravenclaw
04-30-2014, 05:56 AM
Yeah I hope that too.
Sure, not everyone should see what i have or not have, it should be my decision who can see my Collection und who not.

I have something like that in mind, the feature somewhere in the Card Manager: "Show player XYZ my collection."

I think that would be nice. :)

StiX
04-30-2014, 06:20 AM
That would be a nice thing to have, hope they really do add something like that! I'd also love a "newest addition" feature... so I can see a list of the cards I've just received/opened from boosters.

JakeFreedom
04-30-2014, 06:21 AM
Not that I play Pokemon, but there is a feature in that game that allows you to show your binders(I think that is what it is called) to make trades.

Also, in the future we will have something that shows us what cards we don't have. That I am sure is a bit down the road, more to when the Crafting pieces start to be built.

bogycoins
04-30-2014, 06:38 AM
Until something like that is implemented in the client, you can use the hex.tcgbrowser.com (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com) for this. You can simply share your collection by giving the link to whomever you want, http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/collection=55&pin=1045

Eierdotter
04-30-2014, 06:50 AM
Maybe add a feature like the thing in draft where you drop a card into when you do not intend to play it.
Have the same for your Card Collection, drop each card you are willing to trade in there for other people to look at.
obviously you can trade other cards too, but those that you drop in there can be looked at for everyone (or whatever privacy decisions you selected)

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 06:55 AM
Maybe add a feature like the thing in draft where you drop a card into when you do not intend to play it.
Have the same for your Card Collection, drop each card you are willing to trade in there for other people to look at.
obviously you can trade other cards too, but those that you drop in there can be looked at for everyone (or whatever privacy decisions you selected)

Actually, the bin is functional in draft :) I can link a video later of it working.

YuukiRus
04-30-2014, 07:16 AM
They said that within guilds you'll be able to add your own deck that people will be able to fight against and give opinions on.
I can't wait for things like that >w<

mudkip
04-30-2014, 07:58 AM
I expect there to eventually be a different UI for your card collection (flashy; to show off; highlight special cards; see cards missing) and the card manager (super functional).

EntropyBall
04-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Do you guys think trading will be that big of a deal? With an AH, it seems like the most time-efficient way to trade cards will be to just post up what you don't want and buy what you do. I guess that will depend on how bad the AH fees are, and people will still trade with friends, but I think the integrated auction house will really cut down on trading compared to something like MTG. Look at how trading changed between D2 and D3 because of the AH. I bet 99.99% of transactions in D3 were in the AH. I think its great that fewer new players will unknowingly trade away their good rares for some junk Johnny rare.

Kami
04-30-2014, 10:26 AM
AH only allows market-value single-card trading.

Actual trading amongst players allows you to gauge what something is worth to you.

For example, I could trade an Angel of Dawn to someone in return for 3-4 cards I deem of equal value to me - assuming that Angel of Dawn is worth that to them.

mudkip
04-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Do you guys think trading will be that big of a deal? With an AH, it seems like the most time-efficient way to trade cards will be to just post up what you don't want and buy what you do. I guess that will depend on how bad the AH fees are, and people will still trade with friends, but I think the integrated auction house will really cut down on trading compared to something like MTG. Look at how trading changed between D2 and D3 because of the AH. I bet 99.99% of transactions in D3 were in the AH. I think its great that fewer new players will unknowingly trade away their good rares for some junk Johnny rare.

The loot and AH were done poorly in D3, that's a bad example.

Trading will be important. It is always better value to buy the specific card rather than buy the packs.

Also the economy it builds will help with PvE.

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 10:33 AM
I want to also point out that trading between friends will always be a thing for people who like to share their collections, which is something the AH can not do.

Ravenclaw
05-01-2014, 03:17 AM
I want to also point out that trading between friends will always be a thing for people who like to share their collections, which is something the AH can not do.

Right. And a good point!

EntropyBall
05-01-2014, 02:26 PM
For example, I could trade an Angel of Dawn to someone in return for 3-4 cards I deem of equal value to me - assuming that Angel of Dawn is worth that to them.
Of course, that's kinda my point though. Finding that exact scenario where someone has equal value to your Angel of Dawn, has stuff you want, and agrees to the valuation seems like a lot of time/work compared to "I have an Angel of Dawn that I can sell to anyone for $10, and look there are 4 cards on the AH I want, from 4 different people, for $2-2.50 each." I just don't see the value of person to person trading, other than avoiding high AH fees, unless you are trading with friends. I'm always afraid I'm going to "make a bad trade" when the value of stuff isn't easily available though, others apparently do not share that view.