PDA

View Full Version : Have you opened a bunch of packs? Let's break it down.

Bells
04-30-2014, 05:54 AM
So... i have 115 packs waiting for me back home, plus my 5 decks. Giving me just shy of 2k cards. should be a nice set 1 collection i hope... probably a lot of AH fuel too =P

I wanted to break my current collection down and compare with others as to get a better sense of what we are getting out of larger collections... So, would you like to help? Might be interesting.

Post the following:

Total Cards you have right now

Then break down by rarity

Then break down your color chart

Pay attention that shards count to your total tally of cards and they can bloat your numbers a little. cut them out.

If we get some of our bigger friends here to help out, in a very short time we should have a very concise idea of what your average HEX ''shoebox'' looks like and maybe even add some more data on top of that ( PVE X PVP, Mercenaries, Items etc...)

So, shall we get Mathematical ?

GPrime
04-30-2014, 08:56 AM
I have opened:
100 normal packs, 16 primals, and three of each starter deck (plus the free one which--even if "deleted"--still dumps 60 cards into your collection.) I've not drafted yet, and I've not spun the wheels of fate.

Total cards: 2230, excluding basic resources (but including my 8 Shards of Fate)

Rarities: Common - 1412, Uncommon - 404, Rare - 334, Epic - 35 (Kickstarter AA), Legendary - 45

Colors: Sapphire - 385, Blood - 384, Diamond - 395, Wild - 393, Ruby - 404, Artifact - 261 + 8 SoF

For a bit of additional data:
-I have a playset of every common but Assault Bot (missing 2)
-I have a playset of just under half of the uncommons (not a single Stormcall or Crazed Rummaging, but 1-4 copies of the rest.
-I'm completely missing six different rares (Blessing the Fallen, Chimes of the Zodiac, Frost Wizard, Hideous Conversion, Midnight Shepherd, and Time Bug)
-I have playsets of Mastery of Time, Pack Raptor, Uruunaz, plus any Alternate Art KS "Epic". I have zero Comet Strikes, Fists of Briggadon, and King Gabriels. At least one of every other legendary.
-My most-pulled card, appropriately enough, is Runts of the Litter at 28 copies. However this is skewed somewhat by the nine copies included in my Shin'hare Onslaught starter decks.

Since you're drawing from a similar-sized pool but have less primals to open (unless you self-administer a horseshoe suppository), expect to be missing a fair few more rares and legendaries. I will say that 115 packs will give you a competent collection for constructed, and you should be able to build more than a few great decks. However, you still may need to resort to Auction House or rare drafting to fill the gaps in a top-tier competitive deck. I'd personally suggest you stop cracking packs halfway, plan some decks with what you open, then play draft tournaments with a bias towards the missing cards. With any luck you should be able to finish your decks off with draft picks and maybe even win more packs in the process.

JakeFreedom
04-30-2014, 09:17 AM
I have opened 105 packs and 1 primal pack

Total Cards: 1625, excluding basic resources( but including 14 Shards Of Fate)

Rarities: Common - 1165, Uncommon - 323, Rare - 116, Epic - 0, Legendary - 7

Colors: Sapphire - 286, Blood - 272, Diamond - 289, Wild - 283, Ruby - 293, Artifact - 188

UDareUTake
04-30-2014, 09:27 AM
Im still holding back my urges to open the packs, cos I know once I start, I wont be able to stop lol..

Rapkannibale
04-30-2014, 09:29 AM
May I humbly point you to a similar post I did some days ago. :)

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35072&highlight=stats

Bells
04-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Excellent stuff. I'm hoping to crack my packs when i get home today, if i do so i'll post all results here too.

I know there are very few answers so far, but i'm really digging how balanced the color spread is...

Proportions of the build up from common to legendary also seem to be scaling up well. But would love to see more data.

I only have one primal pack... but i'm hopping to get more if after i open my packs i feel like i'm having a good roll, then i might just get me 50 more packs to try and lock down that full set... i would love to have a full set of the first print of the game in my account...

If anybody has data to share, please do. This is quite useful.

Bells
04-30-2014, 10:59 PM
just a friendly bump for the community, more people participating would be great.

Gwaer
04-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Sorry. I'm not even redeeming my codes yet so as not to be tempted.