PDA

View Full Version : Auction house eta?

Sholynyk
04-30-2014, 10:50 AM
Title says it all.

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Title says it all.

Nothing concrete. We have heard speculation from the devs for anytime between 2 weeks and over a month.

Vorpal
04-30-2014, 10:53 AM
There's not even an ETA on getting tournaments back.

So I'd assume there's no ETA on getting the auction house in place either.

mudkip
04-30-2014, 10:53 AM
They're not going to tell us. As for a timeline, expect direct trading before the AH is implemented.

Yoss
04-30-2014, 10:58 AM
"Soon"

Guap
04-30-2014, 11:04 AM
It's going to be a while after they get tourneys back up and we are on day 6 of the great tourney drought of '14 so, you probably have quite a wait on your hands.

hex_colin
04-30-2014, 11:04 AM
There's not even an ETA on getting tournaments back.

So I'd assume there's no ETA on getting the auction house in place either.

No reason to assume the timelines have any significant dependencies on each other. That's just not how software development works.

KiraForce
04-30-2014, 11:14 AM
No reason to assume the timelines have any significant dependencies on each other. That's just not how software development works.

That may be but they do have priorities. It's safe to assume tournament functionality is higher on the priority list than trading so if there is no ETA on tournaments which they would fix before trading, there is effectively no ETA on trading either

hex_colin
04-30-2014, 11:21 AM
That may be but they do have priorities. It's safe to assume tournament functionality is higher on the priority list than trading so if there is no ETA on tournaments which they would fix before trading, there is effectively no ETA on trading either

Right, but as much as we'd like everyone working to get tournaments back up and running, it's likely just not possible and it doesn't work like that. So, the other folks on the team will be continuing to develop the other features in the interim. Drafts are still the highest priority, but it doesn't mean that no other work is taking place. Therefore, the timelines are largely independent of each other.

KiraForce
04-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Right, but as much as we'd like everyone working to get tournaments back up and running, it's likely just not possible and it doesn't work like that. So, the other folks on the team will be continuing to develop the other features in the interim. Drafts are still the highest priority, but it doesn't mean that no other work is taking place. Therefore, the timelines are largely independent of each other.

True enough, I suppose.

the_artic_one
04-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Therefore, the timelines are largely independent of each other.

Won't they block in QA though?

Grissnap
04-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Didn't want to make a new thread, but tangentially related... is there trading in game yet?

GatticusFinch
04-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Didn't want to make a new thread, but tangentially related... is there trading in game yet?

No.

Werlix
04-30-2014, 03:33 PM
Won't they block in QA though?

I don't think QA is the bottleneck here. With the length of the downtime and given we had tournaments more or less working in alpha I assume it's some technical, server issues. This implies that the developers could well be working on AH implementation in the meantime while QA goes back and forth when features are ready for testing.

Vorpal
04-30-2014, 03:53 PM

No, but if CZE knows what they are doing they aren't going to deploy new untested content while there are big unsolved bugs still blocking major features like tournaments.

In this particular case, the way to get gold is via tournaments, and you need players to have gold to be able to test the AH so even if the AH was sitting there gift wrapped in a box I wouldn't expect it to be deployed until the tournament issue was resolved.

the_artic_one
04-30-2014, 03:56 PM
QA probably isn't currently bottlenecking but it might in the future.

Dichdude
04-30-2014, 04:13 PM
There was an interview with Cory on twitch where he said the auction house should be in the client around 2 weeks after closed Beta. Not sure what the resent issues have done with this time line though. I will look for the link to the interview.

Dichdude
04-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Here is the interview - http://www.twitch.tv/infam0usne0/c/3993834

14 mins - he says about a week after launch of closed Beta.

26 mins - Cory says trading will be in the game after auction house release.

50 mins - Set 2 to be released up to 3 months after closed beta start.

Edited to change closed beta from open beta

hex_colin
04-30-2014, 04:37 PM
No, but if CZE knows what they are doing they aren't going to deploy new untested content while there are big unsolved bugs still blocking major features like tournaments.

In this particular case, the way to get gold is via tournaments, and you need players to have gold to be able to test the AH so even if the AH was sitting there gift wrapped in a box I wouldn't expect it to be deployed until the tournament issue was resolved.

I didn't say they'd deploy it while there were other issues. In fact, I didn't say anything about deployment sequencing at all. I just pointed out that the development timelines for both were not really related, other than the obvious fact that we're going to see tournaments again before we see the AH. More specifically, I said that they'd still be developing the AH now, while the work was ongoing on tournaments.

jasta85
04-30-2014, 06:47 PM
How are we even going to buy anything on the auction house? We don't have PvE to earn gold and tournaments are down. even when tournaments go up, I don't seem them as a viable way of earning lots of gold as you have to either use tickets, platinum or packs to enter them (unless of course you win them regularly)

Dichdude
04-30-2014, 06:53 PM
How are we even going to buy anything on the auction house? We don't have PvE to earn gold and tournaments are down. even when tournaments go up, I don't seem them as a viable way of earning lots of gold as you have to either use tickets, platinum or packs to enter them (unless of course you win them regularly)

What currency does the auction house use..do we know?

If it's Plat then you will buy that from the shop.

If it's gold then I would imagine you would be able to convert Plat to gold like any other two currency FTP game.

Vorpal
04-30-2014, 07:00 PM
I didn't say they'd deploy it while there were other issues. In fact, I didn't say anything about deployment sequencing at all. I just pointed out that the development timelines for both were not really related, other than the obvious fact that we're going to see tournaments again before we see the AH. More specifically, I said that they'd still be developing the AH now, while the work was ongoing on tournaments.

And I never said anything about development timelines, I was talking specifically about deployment sequencing.

Gwaer
04-30-2014, 07:01 PM
It is plat and gold, but you can only get gold from other players with gold. No buying it directly for plat.

EntropyBall
04-30-2014, 07:15 PM
It is plat and gold, but you can only get gold from other players with gold. No buying it directly for plat.

And by "plat and gold" he means players can list things for plat OR for gold, like the D3 RM/Gold AH.

Dichdude
04-30-2014, 07:16 PM

That is a surprise. Is there any way of getting gold from PvP? Why would you need gold then? A PvP player would not accept gold as a payment for anything, or can you buy packs and enter torny's with gold?

Gwaer
04-30-2014, 07:22 PM
PVP player want gold a lot, won't be able to get it from PVP activities once PVE is released, they'll want to roll on their chests, and whatever other gold sinks CZE cooks up that interests pvp players. They'll sell anything they don't need for gold, or just trade plat for gold.

Dichdude
04-30-2014, 07:38 PM
PVP player want gold a lot, won't be able to get it from PVP activities once PVE is released, they'll want to roll on their chests, and whatever other gold sinks CZE cooks up that interests pvp players. They'll sell anything they don't need for gold, or just trade plat for gold.

Why does a PvP player want gold, what PvP activities would I be able to do or buy with this?

As a PvP player - I am only asking as I cant see why I would sell anything I have got for gold as I wont be able to buy packs or enter Torney's with it. So wouldn't these to ECO systems be almost separate; PvP cards and packs are Plat, PvE cards are gold?

Or am I missing something?

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Why does a PvP player want gold, what PvP activities would I be able to do or buy with this?

As a PvP player - I am only asking as I cant see why I would sell anything I have got for gold as I wont be able to buy packs or enter Torney's with it. So wouldn't these to ECO systems be almost separate; PvP cards and packs are Plat, PvE cards are gold?

Chests.

mach
04-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Chests.

I thought the reason that chests aren't openable in beta is that they are mostly a PvE thing. So the PvP player would probably just sell the unspun chests in bulk on the AH.

Dichdude
04-30-2014, 07:48 PM
Chests.

I am unaware of these chests (not been keeping up with the PvE side of things). What is in these chests that are of interest to a PvP player, packs or torney tickets? If not then these would have no interest to a PvP player.

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 07:49 PM
I thought the reason that chests aren't openable in beta is that they are mostly a PvE thing. So the PvP player would probably just sell the unspun chests in bulk on the AH.

I am fairly certain chests will hold cosmetic items at the minimum, so there will be incentive for players of all kinds to open them.

Hardly makes sense to have a PvP commodity filled with a PvE only commodity - I am certain they will be bridging the gap nicely, and not just favour a single play style.

EntropyBall
04-30-2014, 07:56 PM

No one really knows all these answers yet, but the general idea is that plat will be for PVP stuff and gold for PVE stuff. There will be crossover, as some people will want to do both things. i.e. some will want to just play tournaments and roll their chests. Tournaments won't give gold once PVE is in, so those PVP players might list some PVP stuff for gold. When primarily-PVP players want to do PVE, they might pay plat for some rare equipment rather than trying to farm it, so PVE players might earn some plat. There will be other uses for gold (maybe more sinks as well), that we don't know about yet.

Rendakor
04-30-2014, 07:56 PM
As of now you can spin chests to unlock AA cards, Sleeves, and PVP rares (in addition to the PVE stuff); that's aside from whatever is in the chest which we know can at least be PVP boosters.

Dichdude
04-30-2014, 08:14 PM
As of now you can spin chests to unlock AA cards, Sleeves, and PVP rares (in addition to the PVE stuff); that's aside from whatever is in the chest which we know can at least be PVP boosters.

Ok, makes sense. That way there is a way for PvE players to possibly grind some plat.

Liokae
05-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Here is the interview - http://www.twitch.tv/infam0usne0/c/3993834

14 mins - he says about a week after launch of closed Beta.

26 mins - Cory says trading will be in the game after auction house release.

50 mins - Set 2 to be released up to 3 months after closed beta start.

Edited to change closed beta from open beta

All of which means exactly jack, because that timeline/estimate boils down to "If things go perfectly, this is what we're really optimistically hoping for".

Zomnivore
05-01-2014, 02:11 AM
Time line info is always subject to change, Hope they can get it done soon though.

Dichdude
05-01-2014, 06:10 AM
All of which means exactly jack, because that timeline/estimate boils down to "If things go perfectly, this is what we're really optimistically hoping for".

Yes true, but it does give us a road map of what to expect and roughly when to expect it.

1) Auction house complete and in testing (as of a couple of weeks ago) and looking to be added to the client shortly after release. My thought; Probably not in client yet due to the developers still investigating current issues.

2) Player trading is coming after auction house release.
My thought; Auction house complete but tracking items through a mail system is not.

3) CZE is looking to release Set 2 a lot earlier than most people are expecting (or possibly wanting) 'around' 3 months from launch of closed Beta to keep current players experience fresh.
My thought; Nearly all the current player base backed the KS and have packs to start their collection and also unopened packs for tournaments. For HEX to start making any sort of money to keep development going it needs to release set 2 sooner rather than later so the player base will start buying packs for the new set and tournaments - Just a fact of life this studio needs cash coming in just like any other.

Vorpal
05-01-2014, 01:33 PM
I am unaware of these chests (not been keeping up with the PvE side of things). What is in these chests that are of interest to a PvP player, packs or torney tickets? If not then these would have no interest to a PvP player.

I believe they've been stated to possibly contain packs and AA PvP cards, among other things.