PDA

View Full Version : Random Mechanics Questions

oncewasblind
04-30-2014, 02:16 PM
I thought it would be neat to start a thread on this, so we can all learn the subtle ins and outs of our Set 1 library. So to begin, here's my question:

Does Shrine of Propersity's triggered effect stack? As in, if I have two shrines out, and reveal a Countermagic, will it get -1 cost, or -2 cost?

Thanks!

Vilesin
04-30-2014, 02:22 PM
-2 cost

Nothing says it won't stack, so it will.

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 02:45 PM
-2 cost

Nothing says it won't stack, so it will.

This is correct - all the shrines buffs stack. So shards give +1 charge per shrine out, and troops gain +1/+1 per shrine out.

Patrigan
04-30-2014, 02:56 PM
I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread and the more interesting and the more asked ones will be added to the wiki. Consider the Shrine of Prosperity (http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Shrine_of_Prosperity) question added.

ossuary
04-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Fun tricks to do with multiple Shrines of Prosperity in play:
combine with Venomscorn's charge power to turn all resources into super cheap troop debuff / removal
combine with crimson clarity for super cheap and unexpected mana boost (up to 3 resources for free!)
cast an X casting cost spell for zero resources that still does something! - Burn to the Ground for 0 resources does 3 damage with 4 Shrines in play ;)
ultimate weenie deck - all your 1 casting cost troops are probably 5/5, and play oath of valor for free
lots of other dumb fun stuff

Lochar
04-30-2014, 04:08 PM
I doubt that you can get free resources on X cost spells. At best, you could drop the other required cost down to 0 and have a 0X Eye of Creation, for example.

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 04:10 PM
I doubt that you can get free resources on X cost spells. At best, you could drop the other required cost down to 0 and have a 0X Eye of Creation, for example.

No, you really do get 'free resources'. Confirmed and even live, it works flawlessly and is fairly intuitive when you get used to it.

ossuary
04-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Nope, that is the expected behaviour, confirmed by CZE staff. If you have enough cost reducing effects to make the base cost of the spell less than zero, you can play it with an X greater than zero and still end up with a total cost of free.

It does not grant you resources (nothing does that), it just allows an X of greater than zero combined with the rest of the cost at negative something, for a grand total of zero.

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 04:17 PM
It does not grant you resources (nothing does that), it just allows an X of greater than zero combined with the rest of the cost at negative something, for a grand total of zero.

You worded that poorly Oss :p Crimson clarity, Howling brave, the shards themselves... All give you 'free resources' under specific conditions. :p

There is no refunding free resources with a cost less than zero, is a better way to put it. Although that sounds odd to me still.

Lochar
04-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Ah. I sit corrected.

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Ah. I sit corrected.

The true sign of a gamer. :D

Lochar
04-30-2014, 04:59 PM
No, no. That'd be "I lounge corrected" :P

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 05:02 PM
No, no. That'd be "I lounge corrected" :P

Dear lord, you get a booster... You get a booster indeed! :D

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35188

Gwaer
04-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Wait... Whenever we correct you we get boosters? I'm going to stop holding my fingers back from their holy fury!

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Wait... Whenever we correct you we get boosters? I'm going to stop holding my fingers back from their holy fury!

Only if the correction is awesome, and only until I hit 5k posts - then I go back to being a normal guy with no real entertaining features.

Aradon
04-30-2014, 05:36 PM
then I go back to being a normal guy with no real booster packs left.

Am I doing it right? :)

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Am I doing it right? :)

Pretty damn close - enjoy the hard earned pack!

ossuary
04-30-2014, 07:32 PM
You worded that poorly Oss :p Crimson clarity, Howling brave, the shards themselves... All give you 'free resources' under specific conditions. :p

There is no refunding free resources with a cost less than zero, is a better way to put it. Although that sounds odd to me still.

Fair enough. I should have said, "Playing a card with a cost of less than zero does not add temporary resources to your reserves." Wordy but clear enough for ya? :)

Edit: also...
http://i.imgflip.com/8htmc.jpg

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Fair enough. I should have said, "Playing a card with a cost of less than zero does not add temporary resources to your reserves." Wordy but clear enough for ya? :)

Wordier! I demand that it be wordier!

But yeah, thats pretty clear. :D

ossuary
04-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Wordier! I demand that it be wordier!

"Upon completion of your endeavor to commence placement of your rectangular cardboard facsimile onto the digitized playing area, notwithstanding any pre-existing propensities to increase temporary resource production via inherent capability, the electronic processing engine shall not award the player any additional resources, even should the ultimate calculated cost requirement of said cardboard facsimile be found to total a negative amount."