PDA

View Full Version : your most amazing play so far

jasta85
04-30-2014, 06:37 PM
So, had a game a couple days ago that ended spectacularly.

My opponent and I were both at about half health, he had a board advantage with about 5 creatures and me with only about 3, including 1 buccaneer. I happened to pull a replicator's gambit and figured I was already going to lose at this rate so I played it on my buccaneer. it went back into my deck and then i drew a card (from the replicator gambit ability). I drew the same buccaneer. I couldn't believe it I just stared at it for about half a minute reading the new description on it.

I had enough shards to play it immediately, it brought out 6 more copies of the buccaneer, ALL of which triggered the buccaneer ability. I returned the entire opponent's field back to his hand. He was only able to bring out a single creature the next turn and then got smacked by my entire board, including all 7 of my buccaneers. game over

I don't remember how many cards were left in my deck but it had to be at least 40 or more, so roughly like a 2-3% chance of drawing just the card i needed. fun stuff

anyone else got any awesome war stories of their own?

nicosharp
04-30-2014, 07:35 PM
I'd have to say the Buccaneer replication is by far the most fun thing I've done so far. and I've done it more than once.

Stopsight
04-30-2014, 09:33 PM
Had 10 life left while he has 20, have had had poor luck with draws, running a Poca+Gore feast deck. He swings with 10, I block his 1/1 with my baby yeti to live with 1 life. I top deck a gore feast and swing with elemental + Wrathseeker for 20 while he has nothing untapped and win with 1 life.

sukebe
04-30-2014, 10:43 PM
I was testing out my green speed deck and played Verdant Wildebeast (i think that is its name) on turn 2. It then got shuffled back into my deck and got +4/+4. The next turn I managed to draw that exact wildebeast. Needless to say it was a quick game.

Well, it wasn't so much a great play on my part but amazing luck. It was interesting though :-)

primer
05-01-2014, 12:43 AM
I made this play where I raised a ticket 13 days ago. Been bounced back and fourth and now it seems to have stalled. The play isn't over yet but I'm definitely losing, just need a god draw.

Liokae
05-01-2014, 12:56 AM
Replicator's on a Prophet. 28 new copies, plus the original 3 mirrors? Yes plz!

sukebe
05-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Replicator's on a Prophet. 28 new copies, plus the original 3 mirrors? Yes plz!

lol, I would have loved to see that board after you did that :-)

Malakili
05-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Had 10 life left while he has 20, have had had poor luck with draws, running a Poca+Gore feast deck. He swings with 10, I block his 1/1 with my baby yeti to live with 1 life. I top deck a gore feast and swing with elemental + Wrathseeker for 20 while he has nothing untapped and win with 1 life.

This is a good example of why you should never concede unless you are 100% sure you have no top decks that win the game or extend the game further.

Sithos
05-01-2014, 05:07 AM
I believe I once pulled off a Replicators Gambit +2 Shrine of Prosperity.

Added +2/2 to the troop which then made copies, was brutal.

Another favorite is double Ancestor's Chosen, draw 3-4 Specters and then slap down that green card that gives all troops a perma buff.

TheBokononist
05-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Moon'ariu Sensei, Replicator's Gambit, draw Eye of Creation, Dream Dance. Next turn I played Eye for 4, hit gambited Sensei and three Pack Raptors. Draw 10 (four were raptors), discard 10 (discarded two raptors and everything else, leaving two raptors in hand), draw another 7 (three raptors, countermagic, two shards and Turbulence). End turn, discard two shards. Next turn, top decked another raptor and played four (opponent tried to Countermagic the first one, which I in turn Countermagiced). Swung for 28 damage with three raptors and seven sensei. GG

kelderan
05-01-2014, 10:36 AM
I pulled a transmogrifier and two inspiration engines from my primals, so I went and made a silly blue red fun times deck. Any time that sucker goes off and I've got 5+ robots and dwarves getting turned into random stuff is just delightful. Bonus delightful if my opponent has stuff out too and the entire play area gets turned on its head. That card will never win me a tournament, but it will win me happyness.

gohan661
05-01-2014, 02:54 PM
lol, I would have loved to see that board after you did that :-)

Did it today, the person quit before the mirrors had all spawned

Arveene
05-01-2014, 03:08 PM
One time I was able to draft a card.

Also, I managed to stabilize and deck 30~ cards from someone over a few turns while at 1 life.

Dragonm137
05-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Was playing a pretty slow game until my opponent brought out Ozawa. After surviving for a few turns, i cast then blocked Ozawa with Bird o Plenty and got to draw 38 cards. To paraphrase, my opponent said he could still mill me out, followed by the realization that I had played Pack Raptors that game. I then proceed to play 9 of them. Next turn, I top decked a raptor that I gambited. That was the last turn of that game.

Showsni
05-02-2014, 12:23 PM
So, had a game a couple days ago that ended spectacularly.

My opponent and I were both at about half health, he had a board advantage with about 5 creatures and me with only about 3, including 1 buccaneer. I happened to pull a replicator's gambit and figured I was already going to lose at this rate so I played it on my buccaneer. it went back into my deck and then i drew a card (from the replicator gambit ability). I drew the same buccaneer. I couldn't believe it I just stared at it for about half a minute reading the new description on it.

I had enough shards to play it immediately, it brought out 6 more copies of the buccaneer, ALL of which triggered the buccaneer ability. I returned the entire opponent's field back to his hand. He was only able to bring out a single creature the next turn and then got smacked by my entire board, including all 7 of my buccaneers. game over

I don't remember how many cards were left in my deck but it had to be at least 40 or more, so roughly like a 2-3% chance of drawing just the card i needed. fun stuff

anyone else got any awesome war stories of their own?

What you're meant to do is use one of the bounces to bounce the original Buccaneer, so next turn you can replay him (and bounce him again) to get 6 more, and so on (6 additional Buccaneers plus bounce their whole board every turn from then on). :) Think I've been up to over 200 Buccaneers before it was really starting to slow down the AI.

Other than lucky plays, I think some of my neatest ones have been cool interactions with cards like Eldon's Distress Signal (surprise flying blockers!) and Boltpaw Wizard (Opp: I didn't realis he could sacrifice himself...) but I can't remember the specifics offhand. I know I had one match where the Wizard really put in work, making my guys able to attack/block again, shrinking my opponent's flyers back down to managable levels, and so on. And there was one match where I was down to just the Wizard and something else, and I had to sac the Wizard as it played to my only out... can't remember exactly what happened, now.

GatticusFinch
05-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Down to 4 health. Opponent at 20. He lets through 4 damage because he has lethal next turn if he doesn't lose a blocker...and then takes a 16 damage Ragefire to the face.

YourOpponent
05-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Righteous Paladin and Adamanthian Scrivener in play on my side with a Replicator's Gambit....things look grim so I replicate the scrivener. Then opponent attacks me (everything is tapped) my next turn replicated Adamanthian at about 50.

ursa23
05-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Oh, you cast Extinction on my five Pack Raptors? Replicated raptor for the win.

dogmod
05-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Replicator's gambit was designed for just such threads... I know the randoms irritate "pro" players but damn if you can't sense all the good feels in this thread from such a cool card.

Gregzilla
05-03-2014, 09:28 AM
I had several games yesterday where I got a win thanks to Reginald Lancashire. One time, I was close to death and my opponent drew him. And another... well.... the game had barely started, and my opponent drew him as one of the three cards they draw from his ability. :)

Also, Life Siphon's for 12? So much fun. Especially if your not even using that one artifact.

WildStyle
05-03-2014, 11:45 AM

Well I can't say the win was very epic Great player, but it does make me feel epic with 110 Health. :D

CrimsonSoul
05-03-2014, 12:35 PM
My co-guild leader had a match that went down to the last 30 second timer on both players, it was an epic watch http://www.twitch.tv/mastrfett/c/4172630

vickrpg
05-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Opponent replicated Birds of plenty to have 25 total. I mancubused his replicated birds, took control of it and and had a few myself. I played Legionnaire of Gawaine and ALMOST decked him out, but then he played 15 pack raptors and Cosmic transmogrifired. if I had waited 1 turn before legionnaire, I would have won by decking him.