PDA

View Full Version : Background Music - Not Continuous, Abrupt Stops Critique

Perfectblue
05-01-2014, 07:36 AM
Just a small critique to the beta. It seems the music will abruptly cut out at times, leave some dead air for several moments, and then transition to the next song. If their intention is to keep the dead air they should gradually fade the music out instead of just cutting it off abruptly. Or they could also have the tracks continuously loop depending on what they were trying accomplish.

Chiany
05-01-2014, 07:42 AM
This also happened in Alpha (at least to me).

I'm sure they will improve it before the actual launch.

Makizushi
05-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Yup, I find it darn annoying too. But to be honest it'll be low on the list, compared what else is still on the To Fix list.

DuroNL
05-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Hmm its a little annoying, but its Beta so i'm cool with it now, as long as its fixed when the game goes into stable launch :)

Here is also hoping on some more music themes :P, a bit of a change inbetween the games could be nice.
but im guessing for PvE we'll be hearing different tunes than in PVP, or atleast i'd like that :D

CZE_Ty
05-01-2014, 10:59 AM
In the coming weeks, we will be implementing a more robust sound editing tool in our engine which will give our sound engineer the ability to more finely tune how in game sounds fade in and out, react with each other and overlap (multiplying battle damage sound for example). :)

DuroNL
05-01-2014, 11:32 AM
In the coming weeks, we will be implementing a more robust sound editing tool in our engine which will give our sound engineer the ability to more finely tune how in game sounds fade in and out, react with each other and overlap (multiplying battle damage sound for example). :)

Awesome!! Thnx for the update :)