PDA

View Full Version : Deck Manager Should Show All the Cards in All Sets

Perfectblue
05-01-2014, 07:46 AM
As the topic states Deck Manager should reveal every card available in the game and all sets eventually. This allows you to quickly look through the cards in a set, study cards, get deck ideas, figure out what you need to collect etc. Many other online tcgs / ccgs have this feature. Hopefully this is something that they already have under consideration, but I wanted to create a post if about it if not.

GPrime
05-01-2014, 07:50 AM
I don't know if this is strictly necessary. Granted, I don't think it would *hurt*, but there are places to view all the cards already (from the mobile apps, to the wikis, to tcgbrowser.)

They may eventually build a website like MTG's Gatherer but--for now--the third party solutions are sufficient.

Perfectblue
05-01-2014, 07:55 AM
I don't know if this is strictly necessary. Granted, I don't think it would *hurt*, but there are places to view all the cards already (from the mobile apps, to the wikis, to tcgbrowser.)

They may eventually build a website like MTG's Gatherer but--for now--the third party solutions are sufficient.

Its pretty standard to be able to view the entire collection WITHIN the game client. Magic the Gathering Online, Heroes of Might and Magic Duel of the Champions etc. include this and there are many more.

hex_colin
05-01-2014, 07:56 AM
It's coming... eventually...

Rycajo
05-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Thank you Colin for bringing your almost-purple post to this thread.

hex_colin
05-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Thank you Colin for bringing your almost-purple post to this thread.

To be fair - we already knew that from the very first Alpha build. The option to show/hide cards you don't have was a bit of a giveaway. ;)

DuroNL
05-01-2014, 10:41 AM
I'd rather not have it in my Deck-Manager, i would love to see it in some other section of the Game client in a later stage...

At the moment in closed Beta, PVP only, i care not so much for this...

later when PvE also joins in, then i would like to see a page containing all cards tehre are in Set 1 for pvp and pve...
but again not in my Deck-Manager :P i want that to be clean with only my collection :D

hex_colin
05-01-2014, 10:43 AM
I'd rather not have it in my Deck-Manager, i would love to see it in some other section of the Game client in a later stage...

At the moment in closed Beta, PVP only, i care not so much for this...

later when PvE also joins in, then i would like to see a page containing all cards tehre are in Set 1 for pvp and pve...
but again not in my Deck-Manager :P i want that to be clean with only my collection :D

I think you'll change your mind when you're building a deck, decide you need a card that you don't have, and can buy what you need from the AH whilst never leaving the Deck Manager. That's going to be awesome...

DuroNL
05-01-2014, 11:33 AM
I think you'll change your mind when you're building a deck, decide you need a card that you don't have, and can buy what you need from the AH whilst never leaving the Deck Manager. That's going to be awesome...

OMG, i did not even think about that :O

Thanks for the eye-opener, that would indeed be great!

FoundInTheFlood
05-02-2014, 02:06 AM
OMG, i did not even think about that :O

Thanks for the eye-opener, that would indeed be great!

It would be great for Cryptozoice because faster access to buying means more ppl buy and it would be great for us.

Liokae
05-02-2014, 04:24 AM
It would be great for Cryptozoice because faster access to buying means more ppl buy and it would be great for us.

And a function like that makes it much more likely for someone to make the jump from not buying to buying- and it's well known that the first in-game transaction is the hardest to get a person to make. Moving from $0 to $1 is much harder than $1 to $50.

The_Lannisters
05-02-2014, 11:57 AM
^^^ very true, once you have spent some money on a game you feel more invested and are more likely to make further purchases.