PDA

View Full Version : Just 1 Week Until Hex Day! Oh, and another giveaway... ;)

hex_colin
05-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Just 1 Week Until Hex Day! Oh, and another giveaway... ;)

It dawned on me a couple of days ago that we're close to the 1 year anniversary of many of us finding Hex for the first time, i.e. the start of the Kickstarter (which I'm now calling Hex Day! )

So, another giveaway... 100 Set 1 Boosters to the winner. Reply to this thread with the story/rationale for why you backed Hex. Entries open until midnight PDT on May 8th, at which time I'll choose a favorite and update the OP/thread. One entry per person (irrespective of how many pledges you made :P).

Go!

Winners!!!

Thank you to all who entered! This was a really tough decision. That, and I've been mainlining drafts for 2 days... ;)

As usual, couldn't choose just 1 winner, so I chose a grand prize winner (100 Set 1 Boosters) and 4 runner-ups (25 Set 1 Boosters each).

Grand Prize - 100 Set 1 Boosters - Svenn - for philanthropy!
Runner-Up - 25 Set 1 Boosters - Nicosharp - for nostalgia!
Runner-Up - 25 Set 1 Boosters - Athravan - for romance... and prostitution! ;) [Cory would be proud!]
Runner-Up - 25 Set 1 Boosters - Bloodroot - "the future holds wondrous things!!!"
Runner-Up - 25 Set 1 Boosters - Tension - for fantasy!

Congratulations to the winners!!!

Xenavire
05-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Well, it's like one of those sob stories you always hear about on the internet... It started with a hot blonde, it involved a kidney, and now I am a junkie.

:D

Arkenstone
05-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Okay then, story time!

My rationale for backing HEX was twofold. On the one hand, I'm an avid MTG player who loves every aspect of that game except for it's online presence, which is lacking. I think Magic Online is a huge wasted opportunity, and upon hearing about HEX and seeing the kickstarter for it, I just had to back it to get on on the "ground floor" of the experience. The thought of mechanics that would be impossible or highly impractical on paper was a huge draw to the game for me, and segways nicely into my other reason for backing HEX...

I'm currently studying Game Design and Production Management at university. I've always loved card games (from a very young age) and so when it comes to designing my own games I tend to design card-based ones. I saw the kickstarter as an opportunity to see how a digital tcg would develop from the alpha stage onwards, and felt it would be useful research material for projects of my own. I'm putting the finishing touches on a piece of coursework inspired by HEX, examining the design, digitisation and balance of TCGs/CCGs. I hope to eventually get a job making card/board games, as it's always been a passion of mine. The way Cryptozoic have been communicating with the playerbase regarding the game inspires me to act the same way in the future.

elfstone
05-01-2014, 09:13 AM
For me it was always a matter of not enough money growing up to sink into a TCG. Id play sealed events here and there, but my community had a TON of whales that would come in on a new set, buy 6 booster boxes, and proceed to wreck everyone in constructed. I never had a chance to compete.

Then came Hex. This wonderfully crazy guy called Cory and his insane kickstarter Video. I decided to back at the Champion Level... then I convinced my wife to let me go for King... Then I went and sold my entire 40k collection. Sold a hobby to feed what has quickly become an addiction.

The ability to be part of the start of something so amazing... I just couldn't say no. And the energy during the kickstarter. The unlocks, the atmosphere on the kickstarter chat, it just showed how many people craved something like this.

The in game chat and the forums (for the most part), have an amazing community, one which has continued to amaze me time and time again.

From the start of the kickstarter to the day Hex may end, I hope to be a part of it all. Even if it hiccups every now and then (wheres my tourneys!)

Badmoonz
05-01-2014, 09:15 AM
I was very pleased with all the details of Hex. In fact, there was not one thing I was unhappy about. I was pleased with the resource system, PVE sounds amazing, particularly the free to play portion, but also the traditional pvp portion as well. Stats are amazing, collectible and rare items are amazing. Auction house, great! Really this is starting to sound like a fan-boy ramble, but I have truly been happy with everything promised. I am looking forward to trying the game out.

ossuary
05-01-2014, 09:25 AM
I found out about Hex because of this, which was posted on May 10th:
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-ZRD5Mnv/0/1050x10000/i-ZRD5Mnv-1050x10000.jpg

I always loved Magic, but hadn't been able to play except for extremely sporadically, due to lack of money and more importantly lack of local players to game with. When I saw Cory making the most awesome buffoon of himself in the KS video, and talking about the EXACT reasons that I loved TCGs and also why I couldn't play them anymore, it was like we were having a personal conversation about the dream I always had, but kept forgetting just after waking up.

Then I noticed that the company was based in Irvine (where I was born and grew up), that some of the dudes in the company were former Blizzard employees that were at UCI or generally around town at the same time as I was, back in university, and that the KS campaign was started on May 8th (my actual birthday). It was like a sign from heaven, screaming at me in flashing bold letters BUY THIS GAME! Well, I screamed TAKE MY MONEY just as loudly. :)

Or maybe it was more like that scene from Star Wars. "Join me, Luke. It is your destiny." Except I said yes, and it was way more awesome than losing a hand. ;)

Svenn
05-01-2014, 09:49 AM
I stumbled on Hex (I don't even remember how, I think a friend linked it to me) and was immediately thrown back to my MTG days in the 90s. I had swore off MTG (despite loving the game) because of the cost over a decade ago and hadn't really looked back. Then I see this project on Kickstarter that's promising not only everything that MTG had that I loved... but also this whole PvE element too with cooperative play! Initially I wrote it off again because of the potential cost.

I kept coming back over a few days and looking it over though. After I found out that some friends were interested in it and seeing that there was a whole "f2p" aspect and boosters were only $2 so I might not necessarily sink too much money into it (Hah, that was a good lie I told myself back then...) I decided I might back it. I jumped in at the King level (mostly for the Spectral Lotus Garden). I started to get really excited following this and spent every day tracking the progress, telling everyone I knew about it, and hanging out in the comments section on the Kickstarter. I thought that was it. I was wrong.

As some of the higher tiers started to get close to closing off I started wondering if I should back higher. I had never spent much more than $100 on a Kickstarter (and I don't usually have a ton of extra spending money) so the thought of going to $250 was very daunting. I started thinking about having a free draft a week for life and how I wouldn't need to spend money in the future (again, HA! I already want to spend a ton more...). I liked several of the $250 tiers and I couldn't decide which one I'd really want, but I wasn't really planning on doing it anyway. It was just a nice dream.

I continued following along as tiers were closing/getting close to closing. Then suddenly in the shower one day (I have no idea why this epiphany came in the shower of all places) I just suddenly decided "I really want a Grand King." I don't know what it was that sparked it, but I was just so set on Grand King because I wanted to have the benefits of ALL the $250 tiers. I finished up my shower and joked about the possibility to my girlfriend. I remember thinking I was crazy for even considering the possibility of spending $500 on a Kickstarter.

... of course I did just get a bonus at work. It was something that I COULD afford right then. That would mean no more Kickstarter for a while (I had been spending a bit each month backing board games). With GKs running out I decided to go for it and snagged a GK... on a second account. Somewhere in there I had decided that GK + King would be the best bet so I could get 4+ copies of all the AA/PvE cards, plus an extra Spectral Lotus. Suddenly I was in for $590. I thought I was done this time, and wasn't even sure I wouldn't back out before it ended. I was wrong again.

Shortly after the Princess Cory card announcement I decided that I wanted extra copies of Princess Cory. But how could I justify ANOTHER backing? Well, I could back at Warrior level, that was only another $30... and then the big justification I gave myself was that I could give that account to my girlfriend to try and get her into Hex too (she plays games, but she's not big on card games). So I jumped in a THIRD time at Warrior level to get some more Princess Cory.

So now here we are a year later. I decided to give the Warrior to my girlfriend and the King to my best friend (who typically can't spend much money on games) with the caveat that I wanted some/all of the promo cards and at least some of the boosters (though I would filter down things I had more than a full playset of to them) from the King tier, thinking I wouldn't have a problem getting pretty much a full playset. I was wrong again, of course. I'm nowhere near a full playset yet. ;) But it was worth it to give away some of the stuff though to get some more people playing!

halfwing
05-01-2014, 09:50 AM
I'm a kickstarter addict (i actually managed to stop for a while, then Super Dungeon Explore sucked 300 bucks out of me.) i found the kickstarter while browsing the tabletop games section, and was hesitant at first. "MMO TCG? No thanks, ive played enough digital tcgs that are just pay to win contests of who spent the most", so i looked past it for a few days, but saw it very rapidly climbing up to its goal. At around when it reached 600k, I finally checked it out and saw it was made by Cryptozoic, and fell absolutely IN LOVE with it. I backed at Raid Leader tier in a heartbeat.

I got really excited, because my friends and I all LOVED WoWTCG, and played it once a week. I own nearly all of the raids, and we play them frequently. I even use Icecrown as a way to teach new players the game, because its a perfect self contained set. I regularly brought Icecrown to conventions to promo the game.

After a week or so, I got to thinking. I spent a LOT of money on WoWTCG. And it was certainly worth every penny! And i could afford the kickstarter at the time, but i wouldnt be able to afford 2 ongoing TCGs. It would eat up both my money and my time. And in the end... I already had so much invested in WoWTCG. So i dropped my Raid Leader pledge, and just excitedly watched the news for hex, because ir was still a beautiful game.

Some of you can probably already see where this is going. A month or two later, it was about time for the next WoWTCG set to be revealed, and i was excited to find out what it was. I hadnt heard ANY details about the new set, they were keeping it REALLY well under wraps. I hadnt heard a SINGLE WORD about what was planned after Caverns of Time. They mentioned future raids would be player controlled, and i was hoping for more Chaos Format support. And so i checked the newspost and... Canceled. Game was dropped. I SHOULD have seen the signs, between hex and hearthstone, it was obvious. But i, for whatever reason, just didn't see it coming.

And that's the story of how i became a slacker backer, and dont go a day without longingly staring at the PvE exclusives from the kickstarter, regretting my horrible horrible mistake.

wasichu
05-01-2014, 09:55 AM
I remember looking in forums for some sort of tcg because I was tired of the same overpowered decks in magic online which kills creativity. Like the infinite turn timewarp decks etc. I had seen a reply to a comment about Hex, so I rushed to look it up and went to its kickstarter page only to find out it meet its goal (which was awesome) but sucked at the same time because all I could pledge was slackerbacker which was better than nothing. I knew it had so much promise It was a no brainier to get the slacker backer and would probably back them even if I didn't receive any bonuses.

I remember getting wifey aggro watching Havoc's streams during the launch of Alpha with internal bleeding of when I would get my email to get in the Alpha. I imagine picking a winner will be pretty tough as this game is true to many hearts. Win or no win I am just glad to be apart of the early beginnings of this adventure. I think about those who were the pioneers of Magic and say we are that of Hex Shards of Fate.

Peace, Wasichu

FlyingMeatchip
05-01-2014, 09:59 AM
It was 3 days before the end of the KickStarter. At the time I recently discovered a very entertaining video game reviewer known as Angry Joe. His reviews were uber entertaining and extremely accurate. Then I saw the Interview with Cory and AJ and saw it was a lot like MTG which I was a fan. After hearing about PvE dungeons and then watching Cory's Kickstarter Video I was hooked. With only days left and very limited funds, I backed at the Captain tier and have not regretted it ever since. Even though I only had $20 bucks till payday and ate Instant Rice for a week. Who am I kidding....I eat instant rice for the last week before payday every week. Great Game!

Edit: Snacking on instant rice waiting to put down another $50 on payday tomorrow!
2nd Edit: Bought 24 packs and got my First Primal Pack...I am now Primal Pack complacent and even more satisfied.

issowi
05-01-2014, 10:00 AM
My friend told me to do it... so I did.

oncewasblind
05-01-2014, 10:08 AM
This story isn't an easy one to tell.

Growing up I never had a place that I could truly call home. The first time my family moved I was only one year old; the second time, two. Until I was 14, I had never stayed in one house for more than 18 months. By the time I was 10, all three of my brothers had left, off to college. But before my third brother left, he taught me about a game called Magic: The Gathering. Ironic, since my family and friends were scattering like the wind. And so this simple game of cards (as well as video games) became my refuge.

These were the things that connected me with people. Each year as I faced the dread of being the new kid in school, I could always recognize those who would be my future friends. They were the kids with Mario patches stitched on their backpacks, the ones in the corner of the lunch room with a deck of magic cards sprawled across the table. And yet these two great friends have remained ever separate; video games, and the TCG. For years I wished for the two of them to meet, and in May of 2013, they finally had.

HEX to me is more than just a game. It is nostalgia made manifest and grown-up. It is the living incarnation of my inanimate friends, being built by people who know them, and care for them the same. It is the community of friends that I've had to leave behind throughout the years, and the marriage of all my dreams of what a card game could be, yet so much more. Because most of all, HEX is the place I can return to when I'm weary and the days are long. For it's the one place that I thought I'd never find throughout the years; it's home.

nicosharp
05-01-2014, 10:19 AM
I felt like a dying breed. In my 30's, married, have a good career, but something was missing.

In the garage laid the evidence. 1 ancient shoebox and 1 large cardboard card holder of old magic cards. Sets I remembered fondly like "The Dark", "Legends", "Revised", "Ice Age", and sets I bought because I was a dumb teenager, "Fallen Empire".

My wife knew of my addiction, and the time commitment and travel it required because next to that small collection of Magic cards was a huge collection of WOWTCG cards. I had just quit playing the game, for reasons mentioned above, and I had quite the addiction to buying old sets and raid boxes online for a chance at the fabled loot cards. I used the excuse with the missus that the purchases were investments, but I had really just wanted to keep cracking packs, and bringing cool decks to my local hobby shops to play with.

So there it sits in the garage, fond memories of my younger years, sitting around the table with like minded enthusiasts that itched to play strategy games more compelling than Chess. Of those epic self-made creations, and amazing plays I had. Of super salty opponents, and moments I had to control myself from flipping tables.

So, I turned to the PC to fuel my obsession with strategic competitive play. One issue though is frankly, the genres known for strategy on a PC were not quite my pacing. Sure I could play Starcraft, but my micro and macro skills aren't what they used to be. Sure I could play other card games, but they felt more generic.

I waffled on a lot of games, but then landed in Moba's and became pretty good at them, I also watched old Warcraft 3 replays, and starcraft replays on occasion to witness a level of strategy and epicness played out in front of me.

Kickstarter was something I had heard of but never used. My friend told me about the Ouya, and a few other products that I thought were cool, but nothing that made me feel like backing or donating for. Until one day...

A warcraft 3 shoutcaster I had subscribed to posted a video. His name is Crota. He is one of the few people that still released shoutcasts for the game that I knew of. But this video was different. It was about something called: Hex? What the hell is Hex?
So I watched it, then I watched it again...

The holy grail....

It was everything I was looking for in a PC game. I could finally be at home and play the game I wanted to at the same time. No WIFEAGGRO!? The more I read the more I became intrigued. It was a few days into the campaign, and I saw the backers scooping up the expensive tiers.. Thinking why in the world would people invest so much into this concept. But the more I read, the more I was enchanted with the idea, and I had faith in CZE as a company, because I loved WOWTCG.

I immediately made the decision. First kickstarter account creation, and bam! King tier baby! I was all in... Or was I...

I couldn't stop myself, as I read more and more, The king was just not going to do it. There was free draft for life tiers.. OMG!!! I made the decision. I am going to go for Pro... But right as I made that decision the last 8 pro tier spots were taken!

I waited a day of refreshing the page occasionally, and no pro tiers became available. King would not do. I refreshed and refreshed and the grand-kings tiers had even vanished. Finally after many attempts, I found a grand-king tier pledge had opened up. It was settled, I am in for this crazy ride, and now it's time to convince my friends. I may have to wait a long time, but this game is going to be huge, and I am well positioned now to play it forever.

(If I happen to win, I am donating the cards to other players)

Gwaer
05-01-2014, 10:27 AM
I had just finished swearing to never back another kickstarter after spending way too much ($250) on a silly video game. Then I backed hex for over 20x that. =\

my friends and family have had an intervention for me and I was not allowed on kickstarter for 6 months. I had a few lapses in that time where I went on to kickstarter and then was hundreds of dollars lighter with the promise of cooking thermometers.... Or fancy crocs that turned out to be super uncomfortable...

I'm weak vs kickstarter. =(

oncewasblind
05-01-2014, 10:42 AM
You spent over 5k on HEX?

Gwaer
05-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Yup.

Niedar
05-01-2014, 10:47 AM
I backed this game because I wanted it to fail.

Floru
05-01-2014, 10:50 AM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/widget/video.html
Above link is to the HEX Kickstarter Campaign Video :)

Cory has a huge amount of charisma and while I loved the entire above video, he had me really laughing at 7:42 and beyond or AKA: The birth of Princess Cory.

Honestly, I had dropped magic for a few years. Life stepped in-front with work, school and family while magic was pushed back onto a shelf that eventually became rather dusty. Eventually, I had free time and some money that I could use and I was mulling over an idea of going back to playing Magic the Gathering. Thankfully, I stumbled upon the Kickstarter for Hex and with the movie above and a small growing community within the commends section, I was hooked. I did try for a few days to call Cory, but was not surprised that it was always shooting me to voice-mail. It just showed how other people were excited which added to my own excitement! I put Magic aside and went straight-forward into Hex and have not looked back. Eventually, I moved from Pro Tier to Grand King, Grand King to Dragon Lord and then... swooped-in a nabbed another x2 Grand Kings to get Dragon Lord / x3 Grand Kings. I saw the potential and I went for it. In Cory I trusted and still trust, from day one of my pledge to the Kickstarter Campaign.

hammer
05-01-2014, 10:50 AM
I backed the man with the beard. It's that simply I believe in his passion and vision for an exceptional dTCG.

EntropyBall
05-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I backed Hex because I'm seemingly its exact target demographic. I played MTG when I was younger, "aged out" of it, and now have a wife, a job, and 2 kids. The biggest thing for me though, was getting friends to play. I wouldn't have backed if I couldn't get 8 other people in the KS with me. Many of us played MTG in high school, and used to spend hours and hours just sitting around a kitchen table iterating on decks and coming up with ideas. The chance to get together virtually and do that is what I'm really looking forward to in Hex, hopefully the PVE encounters will require us to think up creative decks to beat them.
Also, Cory could sell me anything with level of enthusiasm and passion.

ChristianLove
05-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Well, here goes. My story isn't very long or elaborate. A friend of mine told me to check out this kickstarter. So I take a look because we generally have similar interests. What I find astounds me. An online TCG WITH a PVE component? What is this? Then I watch the video of Cory. I'm floored. A MMOTCG, who would have thought of something like that? I instantly fell in love with the concept. I used to enjoy play MTG with friend back in the days of 1st and 2nd edition and here was a chance to play a co-op TCG with friends. So I pledge my meager funds to the campaign. It's been a wild ride of ups and downs, but I still feel that Cory's goals for the game are on-track. I still feel this game was worth funding. A game that needs to be MADE. Now it is and that is what it's all about. Getting the game made that we wanted.

hex_colin
05-01-2014, 10:53 AM
I backed this game because I wanted it to fail.

It takes a special kind of individual to be negative in a thread created to celebrate the game and the community, especially given the negativity around here recently. There are hundreds of other threads you can be negative in - go find them...

Also, good job on the veiled reference to something I said in an earlier thread. Shame you show no actual comprehension for what I actually said. ;)

On a brighter note - some incredible posts so far... :)

Athravan
05-01-2014, 10:58 AM
I can't believe it's almost been a year, I have no super cool story, but it is a little romantic (I think?). I loved MtG but could never really gel that well with the online client and sadly, couldn't find anyone in my circle of friends to be nerdy enough to play cards with me. It was with sadness that as I trundled through my 20s and into my 30s, that I thought my games of card playing were over. Then I saw Hex and was instantly in love with it - all my favourite mechanics of a PvP tcg as well as some fancy new ones, and all digital so I'd actually get to play in tournaments and maybe meet some people too!

Then I read more, and I started reading about guilds & PvE - but most importantly, group PvE.

Now my husband is not a big gamer, he enjoys games but not anywhere near the extent of me, so I almost always ended up playing alone. After we quit playing WoW (quite some years ago), we pretty had no games that had interested us both. I showed him Hex and the most amazing thing happened - he said it sounded interesting! Amagad, yes! Now how to turn interested into obsessed with so we can be equals... and can I get him to spend money on it?

Well I sent him links, and forum posts, and blogs and images and videos and talked about it non stop, sometimes whilst wearing very little clothing, for a bit of subliminal messaging, until he was convinced (perhaps a little brainwashed). The thing that sold it to him was the co-op PvE. He loved the idea of us actually working together and how he could just play co-op PvE with me, whilst I also did PvP tournaments as well and he wouldn't fall behind. The ahem, favours, I offered him, may have helped a little too.

Not only did he back it, but he ended up backing it way higher than I expected (still less than me, but he doesn't plan to PvP anyway) and he's been having fun duelling me on the beta and finally we have a game to look forward to playing together :)

Kroan
05-01-2014, 11:08 AM
So most likely not as impressive as other stories, but here we go;

I was just discovering Kickstarter and backed a few games already. When browsing the popular category I noticed a game called "Hex". I clicked on it, and to be honest... I wasn't impressed, haha. I didn't watch the video, just scrolling through it really quickly, and somehow dismissed it as a Magic clone with nothing special. For some reason I did check back two days later, and thought "hey, why not watch the video at least". It literally blew me away. The passion that Cory had and the things he talked about. I think I watched the video two or three times in a row, just because how passionate he was telling it. Quickly I read on through the whole kickstarter, and with every single word I got more excited for this game. When I arrived at the rewards, I couldn't hold back. I talked to my wife and she noticed how passionate I was about it, and lovely as she is we decided I could back for quite a high amount! I never was excited as much as that before on any game, and to be honest... that's all thanks to Cory! He infected me with the Hex fever, and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

DuroNL
05-01-2014, 11:09 AM
It takes a special kind of individual to be negative in a thread created to celebrate the game and the community, especially given the negativity around here recently. There are hundreds of other threads you can be negative in - go find them...

Also, good job on the veiled reference to something I said in an earlier thread. Shame you show no actual comprehension for what I actually said. ;)

On a brighter note - some incredible posts so far... :)

Well its one of the downside of a bigger expansion to the community, with all great games that grow comes the inevitable QQ crew knocking down forum doors and be all negative...

Luckily this community has so many great people, we can easily overcome the QQ crew :)

i'll post my reason for backing later, great giveaway, lets all celebrate HEX DAY!!

Drake6k
05-01-2014, 11:16 AM
I started playing Magic with the release of 6th Edition, back in 1999. The only tournament near me was sealed deck; I played in that tournament every week through the release of Torment in 2002. 2002 marked the beginning of my MMO-craze and a more adult life (graduating high school), starting with Anarchy Online, Neocron, Earth & Beyond... and then continuing to play just about every major MMO for the next decade. I didn't have the time (or maybe I had more of a social life...) to go to my local comic book shop for card tournaments anymore.

I found HEX when my girlfriend showed me the above mentioned Penny-Arcade comic. It didn't take me long before I realized that HEX was the best game concept ever (for me anyway); by not long I mean to say that I backed HEX as a pro-player on May 14th, 2013. Since I grew up doing weekly sealed and the pro-player tier promised that I could have those (drafts are close enough) tournaments again... for the rest of my life, I felt like I had found gold.

It's been an interesting year, and I feel like the HEX client has come really far from that first day of Alpha. I hope HEX grows into the massive game that it's been designed from the ground up to become.

the_artic_one
05-01-2014, 11:17 AM
My friend linked it to me very excitedly. At first I wasn't sold on the MMO part but then I remembered how much fun CZE's wowtcg raid decks were.

I primarily backed because the goal of a card game for people who don't have time to go to card shops really resonated with me. It was always a pain to get my friends to go and made me go out of my way. Ease of trading was also a big deal for me as I can't afford to dump a ton of money on a deck and being able to get full value for unwanted rares will help a lot with getting the best bang for my buck. Speaking of monetary concerns, being half the price of Magic helped a ton. I wish I'd been able to get higher than a champion tier but that was really all I had to spare at the time.

bojanglesz
05-01-2014, 11:21 AM
I backed it cuz I really wanted an MTG clone that was purely digital. Also, the estimated date of arrival was September 2013. Lol

DuroNL
05-01-2014, 11:28 AM
So lets first sum something up, If a CEO of a company is willing to do all of this:
1) Rob a bank, 2) Sell drugs, 3) Kill a clown, 4) Sell a kidney, 5) Dress as a street Princess ;).
Just to fund his game, than this game just has to be super amazing awesome? don't you think?

Well this is what i thought when a friend referred me to the Kickstarter site and i first saw the Kickstarter campaign Video.
I blame it all to Cory, he spoke to me, and he sold me this great product, with all of his passion that goes into the game i just knew this was going to be a success, which is of course a strong factor in deciding if you want to back a game or not...

Also the whole MMO/TCG genre is something i really wanted to dive into, i want to raid dungeons with friends, i wanted to create super funny and awesome Decks just to slay a boss, but i also wanted to get a swing at the competative side of this Game...

Hex promised me all of this, and i just needed to Back this game, and look at where we are now, Closed Beta, with an amazing game, and a great Set 1... also PvE getting closer and closer by the weeks, i can't wait...

Hooray for Hex Day, lets celebrate, and toast!!

Cheers!

Warrender
05-01-2014, 11:29 AM
I backed Hex because of regrets. Regret that I couldn't find an online TCG with even half the complexity and depth of M:TG. Regret that MTGO repelled me so with UI and graphics that were stuck in the 90's. Regret that Duel of the Planeswalkers looked fantastic but proved ultimately unsatisfying without a proper deck builder. And finally, regret that I didn't jump on the chance to kickstart Hex and had to settle for being a Slacker Backer.

FlyingMeatchip
05-01-2014, 11:34 AM
I backed Hex because of regrets. Regret that I couldn't find an online TCG with even half the complexity and depth of M:TG. Regret that MTGO repelled me so with UI and graphics that were stuck in the 90's. Regret that Duel of the Planeswalkers looked fantastic but proved ultimately unsatisfying without a proper deck builder. And finally, regret that I didn't jump on the chance to kickstart Hex and had to settle for being a Slacker Backer.

You still backed Hex and got in somewhat early....Congrats!

Jinuyr
05-01-2014, 11:42 AM
The world needs a true MMOTCG game. I have volunteered for Cryptozoic since they were founded and I know that the products they offer would be top notch and would be made with the passion, blood, sweat, and tears that we have come to expect from a AAA product. Seeing Cryptozoic behind the game and seeing the passion that Cory Jones had put into the Kickstarter video made it an easy sell for me and my wife to back the game. Additionally, I chatted with Cory about some personal requests we wanted for the Kickstarter and he was more than happy to comply as my wife is also an avid gamer and work for the industry.

Should I be selected for this contest, I ask that in lieu of giving them to me, I would like the pack be redistributed to 10 new players (10 packs each) so that they to can see how great of a game and community Hex will be.

Krond
05-01-2014, 11:59 AM
So many reasons, but I'll try to keep it somewhat brief.

Cory really sold the game well. I was told about the game on Skype while playing LoL, checked out the Kickstarter, and fell in love with the idea of Hex. All the ideas presented in the original video, and the subsequent series with the devs, just sounded awesome. Gems on cards, sweet sweet drafts, global tournaments, card achievements, taking advantage of digital space, leveling up PVE abilities in a card game, experienced TCG developers, playing at all hours of the day, not having to be crammed into a room with small children and big stinky folks; it all sounded too good to be true. I knew it was a gamble, because surely something this awesome could not exist in our universe. But I could tell that Cory and his accomplices had their hearts in the right place. Sure, the pile of money would probably not end up getting what I wanted, but there was a chance it could work. And if a donation could raise the likelihood of this game actually getting made, it was worth it. I had drank the Koolaid.

While the game is progressing slowly, I still think they're on the right track. Every awesome game has hiccups, and development delays, but even so, I think this game is going to be huge, and deliver on all the lofty goals they set for themselves. Hex is looking to be the best investment I've made to date. Even though it puts zero dollars back in my pocket, I have funded what has the potential to be the best card game the world has ever seen.

majin
05-01-2014, 12:14 PM
this is a long copy-paste but this is our (my wife and I) reasons why we backed hex https://www.facebook.com/leejay22/posts/4962725065528

The things that made me and my wife Kuting (https://www.facebook.com/mommymyaw) invest are:

1. the game is already 2 years in production before the kickstarter started. it means that they already put in enough money in the game and they just need a few extra cash to push it through

2. the game won't take very long to be released. it is already stated that the beta (all KS backers will have access) will be on September 2013, the alpha will be 2 to 3 weeks before the beta (backers will also have access due to the recent 1.8m stretch goal) and the release is HOPEFULLY at the end of the year or worse case summer 2014

3. when the beta starts and people get their KS rewards, there will be NO WIPE, you keep what you get from that point on

4. I was afraid of the community too but I have been on their forums when I have some free time and it's a good community. and there are 13,300+ backers on KS plus those who backed on Paypal (paypal pledge = 100,000+ from the last update). so even if it is a closed beta it will have enough people

NOTE: there are people who pledge MULTIPLE times (4 pledges can be merged to 1 account) but still, that's still a lot of users in the community who will definitely play this game

5. set 2 (of cards) is already being play tested. first draft of set2 will be on thursday

6. the company may be small but they already produced a lot of TCG like http://www.cryptozoic.com/

7. one of the 3 original creator of WoW (yes 1/3 of the original World of Warcraft creator) is on the hex team and he is responsible mostly for the MMO / PvE part of the game

8. you can play PvE WITHOUT SPENDING A SINGLE DIME!!! it really is free to play. i am encouraging you to pledge because you will miss out on the EXCLUSIVE rewards and the game is really promising

9. as for the 'worth' of the ks rewards, check these 2 links
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq5x4_DeZngPdGdVTXdDWkplWjcyNmtYalEzWWdOb 2c#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiMEVXuXReaDdFRQZjYwOXNNMjR0Z05uQXNxclZkW VE#gid=0

10. sets will come out 3 times a year (4 sets per year) and they are known for their TCG games so they know what they are doing with balancing

11. PvP cards are tournament grade cards. PvE cards are 'crazy' cards. because it's PvE, they had some leeway to make it fun to play with

12. you can still play PvE cards on a PvP game - wild west pvp format

13. pvp have tourneys, drafts, random battles scheduled events and they are hoping there will be 'real money prices' on tourneys in the near future - http://hextcg.com/game/tournaments/

14. people say this isn't a PvE game but it is

PvE features (as I know most don't like to research it on their own)

- keep defense (check the 2nd to the last and current video http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/)

- dungeons (solo, 3 failures and you're kicked out) (you can save your dungeon progress ANYTIME and go back to it later) (great for someone as busy as me)

- raids (1 to 3 players)

- leveling of cards http://hextcg.com/double-back/

- leveling your champion - http://hextcg.com/game/champion/

- crafting (not much details yet)

- equipments on your champion that affects your cards / farming equipments, last update they said there are about 1500 to 1800 equipments on SET 1 ALONE (MAx 6 equips and you can not equip 2 boots, 3 chest armors, etc)

- socketed cards (I think this will be a PvP feature too - not so sure) http://hextcg.com/socketed-cards/

- quests to get mercenaries (alternate to your champions like this KS exclusive http://hextcg.com/wp.../uploads/2013/03/HEX_ASSET_19.jpg (http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/HEX_ASSET_19.jpg) which summons http://hextcg.com/wp.../uploads/2013/03/HEX_ASSET_30.jpg (http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/HEX_ASSET_30.jpg)

- ARENA (you will choose a side and battle it out, only 1 side will win per season) (unless they change it, season 1 will be BUNNIES vs DINOS)

there's a lot more feature and again, you won't wait that long for this game, alpha is coming out 2 to 3 weeks before beta. and beta will be on September 2013

GatticusFinch
05-01-2014, 12:19 PM
this is a long copy-paste but this is our (my wife and I) reasons why we backed hex https://www.facebook.com/leejay22/posts/4962725065528

The things that made me and my wife Kuting (https://www.facebook.com/mommymyaw) invest are:

2. the game won't take very long to be released. it is already stated that the beta (all KS backers will have access) will be on September 2013, the alpha will be 2 to 3 weeks before the beta (backers will also have access due to the recent 1.8m stretch goal) and the release is HOPEFULLY at the end of the year or worse case summer 2014

there's a lot more feature and again, you won't wait that long for this game, alpha is coming out 2 to 3 weeks before beta. and beta will be on September 2013

http://themiserablesblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/gob-bluth-650x364.png

AswanJaguar
05-01-2014, 12:29 PM
I was introduced to MTG way back in 1995 when Ice Age came out. I still remember my very first game; I played a mountain and attempted to Lightning Bolt my opponent, from whom I'd borrowed the deck. He looked at me, shook his head and put the Bolt back in my hand. He then gave me my first TCG lesson: Save the Bolts for the creatures I was going to see across the board.

Fast forward to 1997: Microprose bring out Magic: The Gathering (Shandalar). It is the first digital MTG game and it cast players in the role of a brand new planeswalker attempting to free the land of Shandalar from the clutches of 5 evil wizards. You started with a very basic deck of your choice and travelled the lands battling and bartering to build your deck with every card released up to 4th edition available to you (including the power 9!) It combined an RPG adventure with Magic and it remains one of my favorite games to this day. My avatar pays homage to one of the digital-only cards found in the game. It lives on in Hex as Spectral Assassin.

I discovered Hex through a poker forum about 3 weeks after the Kickstarter closed. I watched the videos and I saw the same things that I loved in Shandalar. The PvE aspect of Hex captured my imagination and the thought of being able to adventure in a brand new Shandalar with its own epic history and storyline excites me to no end. Not only that, but there is also a competitive PvP format that can scratch my competitive itch as well. It's the best of both worlds and it's being brought to life by a man and a team with a burning desire to see it through. I have no doubt in my mind that Cory will see this project through to completion come hell or high water and I am thrilled to be along for the ride, even as a Slacker Backer.

nekoangel
05-01-2014, 12:47 PM
i backed because im a huge crypto fan and volunteer for them also.

it all really started when i started to play wow tcg at its launch and then cryptozoic took the game over, you could call it devotion from day one i guess.....

i always like to give to things i believe in so this was a no brainer.

hex as a game just looked and sounded perfect for me from day one, played mtg and pretty much every tcg since i was about 10 and being a technology lover this is just for me.
all i know is things will only get better and despite all the negativity around the wow tcg which wasnt even there fault i know they will do everything in there power to give us a game that is unrivaled in every aspect.

its not the most exciting story overall.....

Jugan
05-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Thanks for doing a giveaway!

I backed this game because of the allure of drafting... I'm planning on streaming drafts nonstop. :)

Refugee
05-01-2014, 01:08 PM
I love magic.

I've loved it for nearly twenty years. But as I've gotten older and responsibilities have piled on, my spare time to chase my hobbies and dwindled. Searching through tens of thousands of cards went first to be replaced with just ordering whatever I needed online (whether I already had it somewhere or not). Next to go was Friday night tourneys. Soon I was only going to an occasional prerelease and occasional legacy tournaments with decent prizes. I looked into magic online of course but the terrible state of that client after years of development left me with zero faith or desire to buy in.

Then along came Hex. It was everything I wanted out of magic online with the promise of far more. No longer would I have to spend six hours to play in a draft where my opponents would occasionally cheat, complain or throw a tantrum when things didn't go their way. Now an impartial mediator would make sure everything was fair and any tantrums from an opponent would be relegated to an easily closed chat window. It seemed like an ideal solution along with a company that MIGHT have some idea what it was doing with an online card game. (I love magic but come on, magic online has been out for ages and it's still awful)

Then there was PvE as well? I could play magic when I had 15 minutes and get rewarded for it? I could modify my deck in dozens of different ways with equipment? I could play with things like Orson's Dream and still have a balanced PvP metagame? Suddenly I realized itches were being scratched that I didn't even know I had. Not only could I collect all the cards, I could collect all the equipment and I wouldn't have to store it all in a closet or giant coffee table. I could have persistent progress on my account that arose from my casual play time. I could be competitive, casual and collector all at once and it was all being driven by a guy with as much passion for the game as I've ever seen.

I don't know that Hex will work out. What they're trying to do is bigger than most people realize. I worry at times that Cory's vision of what he wants will blind him to other people's opinions of what is fun. But those worries aside, if they can make this happen I know that I'll be spending every spare moment I have enjoying what they've created.

Lawlschool
05-01-2014, 01:13 PM
I backed out of nostalgia, plain and simple.

Played a ton of the Pokemon TCG in middle school with my bro and some neighborhood kids, wrecked with some innovative decks at local "Leagues," and eventually got in to MtG thanks to my bro's appendicitis and a kind friend. My little brother had appendicitis one summer, so a friend of his got us a couple starter decks (I think right after Apocalypse came out) and we played the hell out of them while he was laid up. Once he recovered, we were hooked, and spent all our allowance on decks and boosters, and played with the local kids. Never got seriously competitive, the most fun for me was cracking boosters and trying to come up with creative decks. Absolute favorite deck was a pure Zombie deck that used a lot of effects to bring back zombies from the grave. It was awesome. Kinda fell out of interest with MtG once I started highschool, and pretty much forgot all about it during college.

Fast forward to around a year ago, I hear about Hex from some completely random source and decide to check out the kickstarter. Soon as I saw the video and read the description, I was hit with huge waves of nostalgia. Hex was absolutely everything I loved about TCGs and more. I'd tried occasionally to find online TCGs that captured the original excitement and intrigue of deckbuilding that I got from MtG and Pokemon, but none of them came close. Hex looked like it could fill that weird creative / competitive itch that came from deckbuilding, so I backed without hesitation. Don't regret it one bit, Hex totally recaptures all the fun I had as a kid, and then some (didn't know the fun of Drafting way back when!). Still waiting to build my Zombie deck though :)

Bloodroot
05-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Where should I begin? There was the thunderous roar of pledges as we all danced ever-faster. Pro sold out! Grand King sold out?! The discovery of kicktraq (http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/)? No, we must go back further.

Was it a friend showing me my first Magic cards, his Beta starter deck with a Vesuvan Doppleganger? We cut the deck in half and played at sub-the-right-number-of-cards and a thirst was ignited within me. Of course, by then the Beta run had sold out and the Unlimited run didn't exist yet. So I saw a wonderful complexity but I couldn't actually have any of my own for a time. No, that is too far back. The granularity on this control leaves something to be desired.

Surely it was the video. Our Mr. Jones selling drugs, an organ and even a hit on a clown. Robbing a bank that looked really similar to a certain ... ah, but that's just trivia. Bang! Squeak! But no, although I think we're getting close now. Though that attracted my attention, it was not the very moment we seek. Forward further still.

The discussions of PvE, yes, now we tread up on the ground. I have a few friends I play most games with. We all have our own passions, but we always try to have at least one game to play together. Everyone liked TCGs to some degree. Friendly competition was good, but we always liked cooperative games. Recent board game trends have produced a lot of these, it's been a good time for us. But we are few in number and most online games think five is the perfect number for a group. Hex PvE had appeal, with multiplayer coop being a very strong lure. Was this when it happened? No. Here I might have thrown some dollars at the project, but nothing like what I did. I couldn't have, in good faith, have pulled my friends along with me as strongly as I did. No, it was the message.

I sent a message through Kickstarter, asking about how multiplayer pve would work. I received answers, delivered clearly and very politely, closing with this, "The future holds wondrous things!!!". I read it and I believed it and I found myself completely in love with it. I brashly stretched forth my hand and backed, grasping a grand crown. And then later, via paypal...ah, but that's a different story.

Jeevus
05-01-2014, 01:29 PM
So here is my story...

I love Trading Card Games, but that was not the trigger to back. To be honest, I have a phobia when it comes to clowns and when i saw your promotional video and how you sniped that little rednose, i couldn't think of anything else but helping you develop Hex!

Ali3nSan
05-01-2014, 01:49 PM
I always enjoyed TCGs but as I got older the majority of the crowd at my local games night kept getting younger. Finally I found a way not to get stared at by parents of the kids. No longer did I need to feel the scorn :)

Didn't like mtgo interface and bot sellers :)

Plus who could say no to pve? I love coop games and the idea of playing raids and dungeons with friends while at the same time playing a tcg :) OMG that's a dream come true!

Plus I can now play tournaments in my underwear or even in the buff lol

wigglez721
05-01-2014, 02:11 PM
I do not remember how I heard about HEX, but it was more than likely on the gaming site d2jsp. Someone had probably linked the kickstarter and I so foolishly clicked on the link and proceeded to watch the video of Cory trying to sell the game. Needless to say, I was impressed.

The first thing that captured me about the game was the PvE aspect of it all. It sounded like and reminded me Magic the Gathering: Shandalar. For any old school gamers that remember the game, I think it came out in 1997 and you had to install it using 2-3 floppy disks. I loved that game and the PvE experience it provided. I won't go into much more detail and leave it at there.

A year earlier, I had played MTGO and done drafting for the first time there. There were days I was doing 3-4 drafts a day and it was starting to burn a hole through my wallet so I had to quit. HEX is at least twice as cheap as MTGO when it comes to drafting and having picked up a Pro Player Tier, I'm able to now draft for life!

So that is the reason why I decided to back HEX. For the complete TCG experience I had longed and hoped for. Like Cory, it was the type of game I would have wanted to play and I'm glad they decided to create a game like this.

Zintino
05-01-2014, 02:55 PM
I found out about Hex through the site mmo-champion. I have always loved card games, and especially the collector aspect of it. As a kid I used to collect MGT cards for the looks, and fun – didn’t know how to play it at all. After that, it was pokemon cards – still with the same story, just to get them all, show them off in my card book and trading with my friends, I also collected basketball cards at one point.

After a while, I stopped collecting cards as I got older. Have been playing WoW for 5-6 years, with other various games on the side. And gaming as a whole, was beginning to getting boring to me. But somehow when I saw that link on mmo-champion, I watched the videos, read the kickstarter page. And then I smiled so much, and a sudden excitement and eager to play this game busted through me, I then remembered all the fantastic times I collected, traded and played with cards from my childhood. That very same feeling came back, and I had long forgotten how it felt. Didn’t know I could feel that same feeling again about a game.

The MMO aspect that I liked from WoW, mixed with the joy and excitement I got from cards/TCGs, is the perfect combination for me. So there was no doubt in my mind, I pledged with all I could spare. And from that moment, there has never been a single day that I haven’t thought about Hex and checked the forums/kickstarter comments. To me this game is everything I could ever have hoped for, and for once it’s also nice to know how to play the game now that I’m older – still learning of course.

Athravan
05-01-2014, 03:07 PM
I found out about Hex through the site mmo-champion.

I don't know who you are on MMOC but I'm Shamanic over there (I started the megathread on Hex, I'm glad someone else from MMOC is going to be playing) :D

Bells
05-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Well... my story with Hex is a simple one.

I'm a 29 year old guy, gamer to the core ever since i was 7. The first time i learned of a pc (back when the monitors where green tinted) the first thing i wanted to do was make a game. Sure, it was a bart vs the world ripoff... but still!

I grew up with gaming. My first console was a Odyssey 2. And i grew up with card games and adventure books. Ever heard of the Peter Jackson RPG booklets? My first RPG game... ever heard of Spellfire the AD&D card game? I had the full set.

I was never rich, please take note of that... these were ''the'' toys i had, the stuff i had for a long time.. i learned to treasure it. I would love to look at the RPG books and see the picture, take the cards and dig in each detail... the spellfire cards have artwork that sometimes was cut from different larger sized posters, so i had fun putting those back together... it was great...

As i grew up and got older... i still loved gaming, but the placed i moved to, it was not popular... i had my consoles, i had magic the gathering... i pretty much teached all my friends about games, RPG and cardgames... but as people grow older, and you leave in a place with no stores, and no ... nothing really... it gets stale fast. You can only really play with the same people, doing the same things...

Then the RPG meetings got hard, and gaming got expensive... we still had magic, but couldn't keep up. We would step in a store and get destroyed by combos and cards and found out our decks were ''illegal'' and etc.... and what? Oh well.... it died.

Years later, i learned of MTG Online... and it did nothing to me... i looked at my collection and thought to myself "am i really going to jump into the deep end of an expensive online format against overly experienced players in a system rigged to need money to ''get good''?" ....no i couldn't do that.

And then.... i learned of Kickstarter... and i learned of Hex... and i got right into that shit. Get in on the ground floor of a brand new experience? Fully designed to get proper usage of an online environment? systems similar to MTG but with many unique twists? Levealsa? Raids? Dungeons? CHEAPER!? NO BULLSHIT WITH PRODUCTS CONFINED TO JUST A FEW COUNTRIES? Oh i can get in on this...

And so i did... but, mind you... i'm in Brazil. You know what we have? Currency conversion. 2x1... anything anybody pays for Hex... i'm paying double. I was still weary of Hex... but i did it. i got my Captain tier... and then timed passed and i wanted to up my pledge... but... would it be worth it? it's a lot of money! So i held off to my regret... i wanted to pick a larger pledge! you can check my forum history, i made threads discussion how we should be able to donate MORE money of the development of the game... i wanted to go full out on this. but i lost my shot...

Slacker backer was around... but information on how, and if we were going to merge accoutns were never clear.... so i waited it out. Then i learned it was the last day... i rushed in... and it was already over. Again, i made a thread about it!! The ''last day'' of slacker backer was not the last day, it was the day it was no longer avaliable to get it?! What?! Oh well... my own fault i suppose....

So, i played Alpha... i have an youtube channel, so i made videos of it... multiple videos! And now we are on Beta... and i licked my wounds from not being able to get the rewards early, got myself 116 packs... 14k platinum... and im in for the long haul.

I want to have a ton of cards and i want to make videos of those cards, and decks, and pve, and pvp and i want to populate the auction house with my cards and invest in this game. I already invested on the foundation, now i want the ground floor... i want new players to come to the auction house and be able to get a whole bunch of cards, and i want to make some really coold decks with it and i want to share with the community and discuss a new meta, a player friendly meta. that mirrors my early desires of loving gaming so much... community is key and i see a chance of being part of a great community.

So, do you think i want those 100 boosters? You bet your ass i do. Because i don't want to burn these as Draft fuel. I'll happily buy my way into draft when i feel i'm good enough for it. I want to use these booster for what they are suppose to be used for... cracking each single one and having a fun surprise with each packagea nd getting a lot of cool stuff and sharing a lot of it with other players via trading and the auction house.

shizuyami
05-01-2014, 03:14 PM
I saw cory his cute face in the video so I just had to throw my wallet at my screen to help him make this happen >.>

Tinfoil
05-01-2014, 03:28 PM
I am a slacker backer. I loved the kickstartervideo but I am reluctant and sceptical when it comes to online games and was financially pressed this winter. The reason I am here and loving it is because my friend Redbrand kept pushing the game. Now we are contemplating what kind of guild we want to make. It wasn't just his own words but also the community things he showed me that won me over.

I can't remember what exactly convinced me, but the early community with their commitment and streams were definately a big part of it. I felt part of the game even before I hit the donate button. So there you have it, I was "wooed" into the game, so to speak :)

Scod
05-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Even though we're into closed beta, I still have night terrors due to the fact I didn't hear anything about Hex until a few days after the KS campaign ended, when Cory was interviewed at E3 (just think how many more people that could have backed had the campaign been scheduled to end after E3 finished, I'm sure I wasn't the only one. I assume the buzz of the campaign is what led to Cory's interview though).

I was obvlivious to Kickstarter at this stage too, being in Australia, it hadn't made much noise here, after all this happened, it has cost me alot more money to feed my boardgaming addiction too, so Hex has still cost me money without even being in existence at that stage, but those stories are for my shrink, not you guys.

I started searching for more information about this game and read through the kickstarter page, the more I read, the more I wished I was Marty McFly, just to get back to minutes before the campaign ended and I would have been in as a backer, needless to say as soon as Slacker Backer came out I jumped in without a second thought, as all the information was pointing to the next big thing, and even though i couldn't get in with all the bonuses that many of you will have, I'm still glad I can say I've been in the game since day one (well day one for the Mac Client and Beta, but I stole my parents windows laptop to install it when the Alpha was first released just to get my fix of what was to come).

I was a WoW player from very early on and loved the community aspect of the game. Since I stopped playing I've lost touch with a number of people I used to play with and have hoped to find something that doesn't rely so heavily on a "raiding schedule", "travel time" and "grinding".

Now with a young family my gaming time is valuable and I want to invest it something that I can enjoy on my own, get together with a few guildies and raid when I find a few hours to spare, not need to invest days and days with no sleep and have a tight knit community that is willing to help each other out.

I look forward to making new friends and having some fun and finally sinking my teeth into a solid TCG without having to find room to store a stack of cards. My presence will become more prevalent now that the game is playable, I tried to stay away from everything as best i could until Alpha was released, as I'm sure many people did to avoid thinking about the game too much :)

Freebird_Falcon
05-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Seeing that Cryptozoic was behind this project is what first grabbed my attention. I had been very impressed with their style in the WoWtcg(ex: fat packs come with playmats, card sorters and are elongated). I watched the video and I couldn't believe the head honcho was sticking his reputation on the line to garner support. So awesome. And it wasn't just some sales pitch, the passion was almost tangible as you watched him describe elements of the game(something we continue to see in interviews.) It was coming from the heart, and for this to be the man in charge really spoke to me. I believe making the world of HEX come to life and telling its story was above the financial interest for him, and that he had the drive to see it through. The way all the tiers were designed further supported this impression.

I knew I was definitely going to support, but wasn't sure for how much. I took a couple days to consider it and in the mean time showed the page to everyone I knew; I decided to pull the trigger and go all-in. The following days saw a popularity explosion and I found myself frequently refreshing the page at work just to watch the tiers fill up. It's hard to quantify how exciting that month during the kickstarter was, coming up with whacky dungeon and card ideas and just being insanely stoked that this would come to fruition. It may have been a longer shift at the sausage factory than we expected but now we're almost ready to eat! And damn, I'm ravenous. :D

Quasari
05-01-2014, 07:18 PM
The first time I heard about Hex it was from Penny Arcade (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/05/10). I had played and loved the World of Warcraft Card Game the first few sets, but had grown apart from it. I loved the raid decks in particular from the WoW card game and when the kickstarter made the case for a PvE card game... it all made sense. This is what everything had been leading to and knowing Cory's work with the WoW card game, knew that he'd be the one who could do it. It did help that his kickstarter video was full of humor. Alas, I was saving for an upcoming convention(SGC 2013) and really couldn't get myself to throw any money at it right that moment, but I kept it in the back of my head as something I wanted to make happen.

A little under a month later and saw a NuklearPowerForums post (http://www.nuklearforums.com/showthread.php?t=42876) on the subject by Bells(I'm fairly certain he's Bells on this forum, but no confirmation). It quickly reminded me I only had four days to back it. There were only a couple weeks before my convention, I really didn't have any money, so I did what I could and put down $20. I'm Yumil in that post, saying I hoped it would be the best thing since sliced bread. Guess what, so far it's been the best $20 I've ever spent:) I only regret I did not have the funds to get a higher tier, though I did what I could:).

Revoluketion
05-01-2014, 08:29 PM
I backed hex because I figured hey! If I back this game for 750 dollars that is like the cost of a competative yugioh deck! and now I will never have to pay money for a card game to fuel my addiction! So the obvious move was to do this ^_^. Prior to hex I had spent hundreds of dollars on card games that I would end just losing out on in the end! this was perfect for me!

Bells
05-01-2014, 08:32 PM
A little under a month later and saw a NuklearPowerForums post (http://www.nuklearforums.com/showthread.php?t=42876) on the subject by Bells(I'm fairly certain he's Bells on this forum, but no confirmation). It quickly reminded me I only had four days to back it.

WTF...?! That IS me!!

Quasari
05-01-2014, 08:37 PM
WTF...?! That IS me!!

See, I'm smart. You made sure I backed:)

Xavon
05-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Honestly? I'm here for the Raptors. Self-replicating, exponential growth, they're like out of control nanites, but they are even cooler, because they are dinosaurs! On a spaceship!

No wait, that last part is something else.

But I can't wait for the equipment, so I can play a Raptor, draw a card. Bwah haha, bwah hahaha!

iscariotrex
05-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Short answer: It's going to do all of the things. Seriously, I love all of the PVE stuff and love limited formats.

A little more of a story... I've backed kickstarters before for games and have something of a habit for keeping my eye on that website(Can't wait for Torment: Tides of Numenera to come out). Hex completely took over my attention for the duration of its campaign. I was checking the kickstarter page and the forums multiple times a day everyday.

So I knew I was in love and the time came to decide the tier at which I would back. I'm not on the affluent side of things, but I have a little bit of compulsion and a collector's mentality. That said, the Spectral Lotus really stood out and I went with a King tier. But I kept watching the campaign obsessively.

I really like limited so Proplayer started talking to me and I began pining; I watched the backer numbers on the teir watching it dwindle away. My wife had noticed this unhealthy addiction and noted that Father's day was coming up. She said she would pony up the money for me to upgrade as my gift. But I kept watching...

I started to covet having all of the "For Life of Game" specials. They would be a real value if the game lasted any time at all(and how could it not?) Proplayer had filled up shortly after I had gotten it, and I was glad I had while the chance was there, but Grand King was a value pack with all of the nifty specials and it was filling up fast. I threw back my Proplayer and stepped up to the Grand King tier. I put the charge on a credit card and consigned myself to paying it off for a little bit. I told my wife that evening, hanging my head guiltily, that I may have done something a little silly; she guessed it in one...

Five hundred dollars is by far the most I have ever spent on a game, and I have been gaming in one form or another for most of my life. It's going to be worth it. I think we are in for a hell of a ride with this one.

Flight
05-01-2014, 10:02 PM
I was there at the start. Soon after the start - it was the end of 1993. There were still beta packs in the stores. I remember buying one with a 'Raging River' in it.

I lived in the UK and was in the army. I'd been a 'collector' all my life and I loved me some DnD. I knew straight away this would be a hit and that some of these cards would be massively collectible - this was going to be like chess world championships and some of these cards were just too powerful. I would drive two or three times a week hours away from home visiting different gaming clubs all over the country - I had a lot of cards to trade and I would go to these places looking for the cards I thought would be collectible. I was largely on the money. I had a half dozen Black Lotus and three pages in one of my folders (9 to a page) of Moxes.

One of the highs came in mid '94. Legends was coming out. MtG was red hot by this time and - especially in the UK - there was not nearly enough supply to meet demand. I phoned alll around the country trying to source some booster packs. I managed to find two stores that would let me have a full box each. Then I struck gold. A single store in Oxford allowed me to have four full boxes.

I remember opening these particular four boxes and the story why is quite something. Every .. single .. pack .. had four rares in it instead of 1 rare and 3 uncommons. I kid you not. Four boxes full of these. I can still remember the elation opening them - it was like being a nine year old at Christmas.

It was kind of a sad ending to my early collecting days. My wife insisted I sell up. She wouldn't listen to my nonsense about how these boring old cards would be worth enough to buy a house in a decades time. That wife came and went and now I miss those cards more than I do that wife .. lol!

The years went by. I played most of the CCGs that came out - Netrunner and Mythos were early ones. ST and others came and went but nothing had that early magic. I eventually thought the collectible thing had lost it's magic for me. I played and enjoyed deck building games instead, including some beauts by a company called Cryptozoic.

And then all these years later I read about this new idea about combining an online CCG with an RPG. Not just an RPG but an MMORPG. An MMOCTG. Holy cow. It was coming home again after all these years. As soon as I read the Kickstarter I knew I wasn't just in I was 'all in'. And boy did those $250 level tiers just remind me of how I felt when I first realized how 'OP' those early MtG cards were.

And there I was this week opening me some packs of Hex. I got some of the cards I wanted, missed out on some others. But I had that feeling again and I remember it so clearly, just like opening those 'god' packs with four rares in. Just like being a kid at Christmas all over again .....

Osthall
05-01-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm an English guy who at the time of HEX had just emigrated to Istanbul to live with my (Turkish) fiancÚ. I was feeling pretty down and lonely; partly culture shock and utter lack of common language with my neighbours; more so because she lived and worked across the city so we only saw each other on weekends (don't ask - although it's quite modern, social attitudes are very much rooted in Muslim values).

I came across HEX by complete chance while on Kickstarter looking for a Christmas present idea for my younger brother (already looking forward to visiting in December!). My brother and I we're massively into cards all through our teens, to the point I'd say it solidified us as BFF (oh yeah, I went there and used that acronym). A dTCG (correction: a good dTCG) was a perfect way for us to keep in touch so we, along with a handful of our other friends, pledged immediately with whatever our respective wallets (or more commonly credit cards) would allow :D

Even long before the game was out HEX has really helped us maintain our close relationship and I'm super grateful to Cory and the team for that :)

Voormas
05-02-2014, 12:46 AM
I stopped playing Magic back in 2003 because around that time drafting became the dominant form of play at my local game store, taking all the table space away from crazy kitchen sink multiplayer; I had a taste for it but as an unemployed University student I just couldn't afford to keep going.

Last year my younger brother started playing Magic with some work colleagues and the itch began to build again, but even though I can afford to play now I just don't have the time to invest in catching up with a decade worth of sets and rules changes / new formats / etc.

I was reading a general Kickstarter thread over on another forum I frequent and it was a sheer happy accident that I even found out about this game at all - Pro Player was just about to sell out so there was a bit of discussion and I felt like this wasn't something I wanted to miss out on, THEN I found out that we could combine multiple tiers and then my life just went out of control in a HEX frenzy which continues to this day :P

bofedy
05-02-2014, 03:10 AM
Colin you do know you dont have to buy ower love with hex stuff right colin :)

Lyckan
05-02-2014, 03:57 AM
I have been looking for a game that is remotely close to Shandalar since around 2000, I have played that game so many times it is ridiculous, I also love drafts and sealed deck tournaments but have always thought it is to cumbersome to sell/store all the cards afterwards.
So when I saw the potential in Hex with dungeons, raids AND drafts in the same game I fell in love with it.
It feels like the game will include everything I have longed for and more!
crafting, AH will take care of the cards I do not need and since it is digital I can still store cards without it taking up all of my room space.
Big tournaments with promises of real money winnings will be a good incentive to play constructed on a high level.
So far I have not been disappointed!

pheedsta
05-02-2014, 04:21 AM

Couldn't have said it any better. My experience exactly!

YourOpponent
05-02-2014, 06:42 AM
I always loved MtG whenever I played it, but couldn't really afford to keep up with any of the competition in MTGO. As well I am in the middle of nowhere where you have to drive at least half an hour to even get to a store that sells MtG cards...so drafts in stores were a no too.

However, I did have a passion for tcg's and would try online tcg after tcg trying to find something that I could play competitively while keeping things at a low amount of money in case I got bored with the game...this ended up leading me to exploring tcg options on Kickstarter.

There I came across Hex. I noticed there were two videos up, but I stuck with my habit of reading the details about the game from the KS page before watching the videos. I was thinking, "Ok this seems to be a pretty good game that has a lot of thought." I then looked to see how much of the goal was reached because I couldn't believe it after seeing how many of the goals were unlocked while I was scrolling. My mind was blown that so much was already Kickstarted (it was at about $920,000) at the time. So now I decided ok I gotta play the video now and see what this is all about. I was laughing hysterically about Cory robbing the bank and killing the clown, and I found it reassuring that this game isn't just a great game but has a guy wish spunk like him being the CEO.

So then I watched the video below it to see what the game play is like and was surprised with how much it was like MtG. I exclaimed out loud, "Holy crap! This game is like MtG, but on crack!" So I went ahead and Kickstarted it for the Warrior tier.

Later that day and the next day I decided to do some more research about the game so I went to the Hex website and I was impressed with how many news updates there were for a game not even in beta yet. Also I was excited about how everything I've ever liked about tcg play was there from the tournaments, to the guilds, and the stuff I love about RPG's such as sockets, equipment, and a "skill tree." Then I noticed that they were also planning for it to be an E-sport with cash prizes...So even though I was unemployed at the time I decided I could just eat some ramen for awhile and kick it up to Warrior instead because I'm highly competitive and I could just majorly grind PvE when it came out to get caught up on the PvP later.

A few more days go by and I just couldn't help myself. I had to have that lotus garden since I knew from MtG how useful a black lotus was! I had to have it! So I went through my coin collection and took 70 gold dollars to the bank to have enough money to become a King. Interestingly enough I wasn't thinking and went to one of the newer tellers. She wouldn't accept the money because she thought it was stolen...so fearing I was going to be arrested for trying to get my tcg fix I ran away from the teller (leaving the money on the counter) to go to a teller that did know me and has been around from when I've bought the Presidential dollars from the bank before. I explained the situation to him and he went over told her that he's been around from when I've bought them before and I was able to get my tcg fix.

Since then I've been able to get some friends interested in the game and we're eagerly waiting tournaments to be up so that we can gather around and draft Hex together. Some of them will need to wait for beta keys though and for trading to be up so that I can give them some packs to get them started in draft...but the group of us anticipate many Friday nights in the future eating pizza and drafting Hex.

Torchedqwe
05-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Seeing Hex for the first time and immediately becoming confused and aroused :p... sorry Cory!

http://s14.postimg.org/4h6nyyght/Final_Concubunny.jpg
http://s14.postimg.org/oairrntvl/Roost.jpg

P.S. Colin thanks for all the give-aways and making the Hex community better, if you by chance have a pic of you riding some kind of an animal we can add you with Cory, it will be dreamy.

AstaSyneri
05-02-2014, 08:05 AM
The week of April 15th saw a lot of changes in my life. I started a new job, had finally (started the process to) laid my own company to rest to have more time for my family and my mother had a stroke that destroyed her life at is was.

As a distraction I browsed Kickstarter and found Hex TCG. I thought I was done with CCGs, so I just starred it and went away to back Massive Chalice and TUG. Looking at their progress, Hex always popped back up and I started reading it again (looking at videos sucks when you have no sound at the office). At some point I realized that it really pushed all my buttons: PvE? Co-op Play? Dungeon Challenges? Loot that changes how your cards play?

Needless to say I was hooked and backed a Dungeon Crawler. And then pretty much backed a new tier every other day until the Kickstarter ran out after I realized where the game was heading and what incredible value the tiers were (Grand King was gone, Pro Player, too, although that didn't interest me much). The Collector was perceived to be the best value after Dungeon Crawler. Raid Leader came as an afterthought after finding The Unnamed Council as a PvE guild: I didn't want to be the odd man out "begging" for Raid Leaders to join me on raids, despite the 30+ Raid Leaders and Grand Kings in the guild.

Now that the game is starting to be playable it certainly is a bright spark for me and a great distraction (and now, my mother has not recovered in any meaningful way - she is struck with global aphasia and it's doubtful she recognizes her grand children :( ).

I don't mind having spent that much money on Hex at all and I really look forward to the things to come. Let's hope there is substantial progress today :D.

Psytech
05-02-2014, 09:45 AM
I used to be a WoW TCG player, then the game went kaput.

I realized I had over $2K in physical cards I could no longer use in a real tournament, so I figured this was going to be the last card game I ever played.

Then the Kickstarter came around, and my eyes got all dreamy and wet with the video and the rewards and the whole enchilada. And I backed it, because they offered me cookies (and Spectral Lotuses) :D

hex_colin
05-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Colin you do know you dont have to buy ower love with hex stuff right colin :)

Not even part of my motivation. I like the positive threads, especially one that now lists hundreds of reasons why someone coming to these boards for the first time should give HEX a try. :)

ryuukan
05-02-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm Jadiim

Freebird_Falcon
05-02-2014, 05:44 PM
phahahaha torched, awesome edits.

ursa23
05-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Jes' settle yersel' rite down fer a tale. 'Twas early in the year of our Lord two thousand and fourteen when I received the news that my life's journey would take me far from the 10,000 lakes of my homeland and into the wild Orient. Whilst packing my belongings, a worry began to creep into my mind. Just how would I entertain myself? Surely hunting tigers from elephant-back will get tedious eventually. How then, to pass the time in a way I was accustomed to doing (that is to say, gaming).
Enter the irascible jesters at The Penny Arcade, with a humorous take on a project by one Cryptozoic. Following the provided link, I found that while Cryptozoic has little to do with cryptozoology (and thus my hunt for the chupanibre), it had everything to do with how I would pass my time in a strange and different land. Following my hearty guffaws at the antics of one Cory Jones in his promotional moving picture, I straightway contributed a measly sum of mine own earnings. This sum increased and increased, until I achieved satisfaction with the moniker of "King," a title which suits my fancy well. Now, time spent not working, or performing in a production of Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream, or imbibing the local ale; is all spent on the wonder and glory that is HEX.

kevalvaine
05-03-2014, 01:32 AM
Both I and my wife were long time WoW TCG tournament players when we first heard of HEX so we were quite familiar with Cryptozoic and TCG games in general (we used to play MTG before WoW TCG). HEX Kickstarter campaign has drawn our attention mostly with promises of creating fully developed competitive tournament scene and creative card mechanics.

Right from the start I knew that I will back this project but the question was how far I want to go. I started to read descriptions of various tiers and I was pretty sure that I want to go with King and almost backed it at this point but then I gave myself some time to think about it. Soon after HEX KIckstarter announcement, we organized WoW TCG draft tournament at our place as drafting was always our favorite format. We drafted, played, had huge fun as usual and all that got me thinking if maybe I should go with Pro Player package for those free weekly HEX drafts. Next day I was sure that Pro Player is the way to go.

Ok, I'm sticking with Pro Player but do I want to play alone? With that in mind I started to think what tier would be good for my wife. This time it was easier as she was always more keen on draft than constructed so with me going Pro Player there was no point in thinking about anything else for her.

At this point I was sure that two times Pro Player is something I want to commit to, but then I've read Damien (from TheMetaMart) evaluation of other 250$ tiers and his take on whole PvE economy. That got me thinking how I feel about PvE part of the game. There was also the Collector tier which apparently could have huge value if the game will be successful. Now I was torn again - should I go with Pro Player and Collector? Pro Player and Dungeon Crawler? Anything else PvE related? If only there would be tier that could give me all of those bonuses for a discounted price... Wait! There is one! :)

So my final decision was Grand King for me and Pro Player for my wife and that's what I've bought eventually. I was briefly looking at higher tiers but I wasn't ready to commit more money in something that could still fail and frankly I wasn't so hooked up on those vanity rewards so it was easier for me to pass on Dragon Lord and up.

So this is how I ended up with Grand King an Pro Player and now I'm only waiting for tournaments to go live so I can feed my drafting addiction. :)

Myrgard
05-03-2014, 04:59 AM
I was browsing the web and i saw some article talking about heartstone read it and i thought ''hey a magic kind of game great'' then i went to read people coments and saw people talking about a game called Hex that was only in alpha but was mind blowing and it was a truly tcg, did a quick web research that taked me to kickstarter(had no idea of what it was by that time) i saw the video read everything and in the end i was in love i just wanted to back it but i saw no button to click and i remember thinking ''this kickstarter thing is not intuitive ;) , where the hell can i go to do the backing'' and then i saw it was almost a year since it was over, i got a chill down the spine, never felt that way about a game the closest thing to it was when in my youth i discovered only scenario 1 of shining force 3 as coming from japan.

Then i got to the Hex home page and saw i still could be a slacker backer and even it was close to ending, i backed imediatly and again, after reading peoples posts this game deserved an even greater backing, it as a capacity that i have not seen in any game, it makes people dreaming, i see people well above their 30's talking like children again, i see a community discussing and building around a game that is not out yet.

Just a word to describe Cory+Criptozoic+community= ''AMAZING''

polsunicorn
05-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Why I backed Hex?
Well, I first heard the name Hex through a League of Legends podcast called LowElo (www.lowelo.com). Two of the hosts had mentioned a podcast called Threshold (www.thresholdpodcast.com) that they were doing about some game named Hex. I heard the phrase MMOTCG and my ears perked up. I figured if nothing else, I would have another entertaining podcast to listen to, so I subscribed to the podcast and started listening.
After only the first few episodes, I found the idea of this game was super intriguing! I've been playing MtG for years, as well as various MMOs, so the idea of the two combined seemed both perplexing and amazing! I started looking through articles, blogs, and card spoilers to learn all that I could about this crazy new game I was hearing about. I just had to get in on it!

But there was a problem. The kickstarter was closed :'(

I gnashed my teeth and cried and screamed and did other emotional things

But then I heard something about a slacker backer. Could this be my chance? It was a close call, too. As it so happens, I found out about this game so late, in fact, that I barely had enough time to arrange funds to sign up for a slacker backer (2 days before it ended I believe).

But I did, and I have been playing and testing ever since!

I love this crazy game we call Hex. I've since told anyone I know that plays Magic Online or Hearthstone or other online TCGs, as well as most of my friends at the local game store, about this game. I think the unique mechanics of increasing/decreasing card costs, creating cards to shuffle into your deck, upgrading cards, etc. are fantastic and fun. The variation on resource management and the different champion effects make for a new and exciting experience. I for one cannot wait until we have more client functionality (AH, trading, Campaign etc), and I am super excited to see what PvE has in store for us!

wolzarg
05-04-2014, 05:41 PM
I reject your offer and instead present you with a counteroffer. Give me the boosters now and after i count them i will give you the story of how i got a slacker backer with money made from incinerating my entire MTGO collection because i could see this game was destined for greatness.

esaotuelr
05-04-2014, 05:56 PM
I've tried most of the online TCGs/CCGs that have came out over the years and most of them don't last over 2 to 3 months for me (Lose interest/Bad game etc....) and just end up going back to full time magic. So seeing a prettier version of a magic clone really caught my eyes, and the whole MMO part with equiptment/gems/mercs sounds very exciting for someone who also sample many different MMORPGs. But the main reason is.................. I need something to look forward to in life as I'm a PHD student. XD

Piecetinker
05-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Sadly, for me, there is no interesting story. :(

Honestly, I just missed playing TCGs and wanted to get back into them. Me and my friends would always play TCGs such as Magic, Yugioh, and a little bit of Pokemon. When a friend of mine told me about Hex, I instantly jumped on board! I figured it was about time that a new innovative twist on TCGs was finally released. By the time I wanted to back, the Kickstarter already closed. :(

The only thing I was able to do was pay for the Slacker Backer because I knew I'd be playing Hex for years to come! If I had a second chance I most likely would have backed more for the game. Regardless, I am still happy with backing and can not wait to do some awesome PvE with my old TCG buds!

ThomasHunter
05-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Why did I back Hex?

My favorite game since I started playing around the time Ice Age was released has been Magic. I played at work during lunch and setup leagues. When most of the folks that played moved away and/or retired even, I realized I needed another way to play Magic. MOL recently came out and I quickly came to the conclusion that I was "all-in". Pretty much done with paper Magic. I loved the online play capability!

Note that Magic followed my love for Strat-O-Matic Baseball! :D So strategic card games are something that I love. With a Math and Physics degree, this fits nicely into my sweet spot.

However, from a young age, I learned (and played) D&D (I'm not sure how this came about other than living close to Lake Geneva where it was created and they had a store that my mom would bring me to!). The search for a RPG has consumed my non-Magic gaming time over the years. Roughly 8 years ago, a friend turned me on to Dungeons and Dragons Online. Again, the online theme. This is my kryponite for sure. So, the MMO is definitely what I love. While I still consider Magic my favorite game, DDO is what I play the most - by a long shot!

Why Hex? Once I started reading about it, I couldn't help getting more and more excited! A MMO and a TCG? REALLY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah, I'm in. Like many in this thread, I thought small at first. I kept reading through the Kickstarter page. Daily. Hourly. I couldn't get enough Hex. This game SPOKE to me. Called to me! I started thinking of things to sell and began selling what I could to fund this. I planned the rest of my gaming budget for the year. I sold everything I had to except my DnD White Box Set (no buyers sadly enough), but my wife was still good and I was able to back DC. I know my playing time is limited overall, so this one appealed to me the most (for what I could afford certainly) since I would be able to get double loot from dungeon bosses - forever!

The Siren's Song was complete. Cory and team did and continue to do an awesome job. I've been enjoying playing the Beta so far (opening a pack a day - okay, TWO yesterday). I subscribed yesterday as well. I love the gaming community. I see this game going for the long haul (although admittedly, I'm not sure how they will do this by exploring a single world, I do believe they have a vision for it).

Happy gaming!
Taleisin

LNQ
05-05-2014, 01:38 PM
I had already chosen to cut down on my kickstarter pledges, as it had become a costly habit with that mostly just makes have to fight the urge to try out alpha or beta builds for games that are not yet enjoyable. But then came hex. I love MMOs, I started with Ultima Online. I love TCGs, I started with MTG 4th edition. The only question was which tier to pledge.

After a little bit of hesitation, the value of a pro player tier won me over. Then, I simply had to go grand king as the PvE bonuses were so good. I would hate to miss them. Days go by, and one evening I'm thinking if I would pledge for an additional pro player since Cory said the tiers will stack. Might as well get one tier now and cancel it before the kickstarter ends if I don't want it, I decide. The next morning the pro player tiers are sold out! Pretty lucky, I think.

But that's not all. A week later I hear people trying to snipe pro players from people who cancel by autorefreshing the pledge level page. To see how that works, I go to the pledge level page with my grand king account refresh the page manually a couple of times. All of the sudden I notice that there actually is one pro player tier available! I change my grand king tier quickly to that one and save the pledge. I just sniped a pro player! I go make a third account and pledge the grand king back.

As the kickstarter goes on, I think about the info that 4 tiers can be merged together to create one account. Grand kings and pro players are gone, and I feel like having a fourth account to merge might be a good idea if I'm going to play this game for real. What would be the best option? If I get a collector tier, I'll end up with a full playset of the collector exclusive alternate art cards. That's 6 playsets of AA rare/legendary cards per yer that are limited to 500 playsets over the whole population. The perfect trading item to recoup some of my investment in the long run. So there I go, getting the fourth tier to complete the set.

Darkrose50
05-05-2014, 06:25 PM
I enjoy MMO's, CCG's, and trading. I earned money to buy my wife's engagement ring though trading MTG cards. Naturally I was intrigued by the promise of an economy. I enjoyed the idea behind the Spectral Garden growing a Spectral Lotus every-day. I like the idea behind the Spectral Lotus becoming a black cat. I would have liked to get one of those 1,000 Dungeneering or Drafting $250 levels, but was unable too. So I invested in the $120 level.

Skydive
05-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Alright i hope slacker backer also counts!

First i have to say sorry if i dont spell or write everythign right cause english is not my native language but whatever here we go.

In my youth there wasnt much card gaming and such and i never heard of mtg for example. So i had absolutely no clue about these type of games.
When i turned 20 (so around 10 years ago) some of my friends discovered the tabletop games and we played much warhammer 40k, at least for a year or so.
During this period we often hung around in a games workshop and similar stores, and thats where we discovered ultiple tabletop games and all those fancy cards, but still noone wanted to play cards and all my friends stayed with those tabletop games and in the store noone played cards either only warhamer and such.
Time went by and someday i dont know why i was browsing around the net for a new game, a new genre i probably never played before.
After some days of googleing around i discovered some so called TCG┤s but after i tested some of them i recognized that these games are most likely not TCG┤s cause u were not able to trade any cards so it was mostly just a ccg.
Some days or weeks later i even found mtgo and was pretty excited but what i saw when i installed it was pretty meh, the ui looked so bad, i tried to play some games but i didnt got the feel for it. Additionally the game was in my mind to old to start and i missed too much so i lost my interest really fast.
Time went by again and someday i discovered a game called Carte, the website claimed that it was a tcg but again it wasnt but the gameplay was somewhat nice so i sticked to it for a while.
Some months later they stopped the support for the game and the forum shut down, which made me really sad.
After that i often googled around for new TCG┤s but like none of the games been TCG┤s cause there was no trading in it.
Someday i found a link on google to the hex kickstarter campaign and was really excited when i saw corys video. But sadly i then noticed that the kickstarter campaign was already over so i was a sad panda again cause my initial plan was to get at least pro player tier. At least i was able to get a slacker backer afterwards which is better then nothing, Luckily i also convinced some friends to also get a slacker backer each cause its more fun when u got people to discuss about the game and all.
Now the story is over and im just waiting for tournaments to come up. Need to draft!

Arminace
05-06-2014, 12:09 AM
I backed Hex because the Kickstarter page was very promising. Even for me as an experienced TCG-Player (since 1994). But the final point that convinced me is that this game is developed by the creators of the WoW TCG. I loved this one already and I think that a team with this experience and such a concentrated creativity will never fail. 10 minutes after I spotted the Kickstarter page I checked my bank account and spent all I was able to offer 250$ as a student) and continued to buy more kickstarter accounts later...and im still convinced that this project will be an overhelming success.

No long story, just real life.

hex_colin
05-07-2014, 04:01 AM
1 more day... Almost Hex Day!!!

skaro
05-07-2014, 04:10 AM
I backed HEX because of Cryptozoic. As a long time Jugde for WOW TCG I had faith in their vision about a digital trading card game. After seeing how they handled us judges and the players I knew they have experience and it seemed like they had something big going on with HEX. Also the kickstarter came up just before I went to Prague and the last EUCC. I like to think that a big chunk of the WOW TCG community (which also was awesome) will make the transition to HEX.

ossuary
05-07-2014, 04:11 AM
Happy Hexday!

Bells
05-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Is ti today? I thought it was tomorrow!!

ossuary
05-07-2014, 05:41 AM
It is. I'm just getting a jump on it. :)

frychikn
05-07-2014, 07:33 AM
actually hex day is next monday!

ossuary
05-07-2014, 07:40 AM
actually hex day is next monday!

No. The Kickstarter campaign was launched on May 8th, so that is Hex Day.

frychikn
05-07-2014, 08:17 AM
i been playing ccgs since i was like 9. i am now 26. so any ccg that has potential i will check out. unfortunately i only have a slacker backer, i would have easily put in 100-200 dollars into a backer if i knew about it earlier. i was surprised they cut off the backer tiers and gave us the slacker tbh.

frychikn
05-07-2014, 08:18 AM
No. The Kickstarter campaign was launched on May 8th, so that is Hex Day.

"no eta"

Lurgid
05-07-2014, 08:58 AM
My journey started with me wanting to sell my old MTG cards (Set of Revised, Fallen Empires, and some The Dark and Legends), but it got me yearning to maybe start playing again. Grabbed Duels of the Planeswalkers and started buying some new set cards to try to construct a Standard deck for FNM (since that's a thing, now). With a family and full-time job, I've not been able to actually find the time to go play on someone else's schedule, though, so my journey continued.

Started looking at how to get into playing with Coackatrice, but it was very lackluster for my taste without a rules engine and I was not really able to get it working on my machine quite right. Then, started looking a MTGO, but it seemed so poorly designed, and the trading and such sounded way too complicated for my taste. On Reddit, I was starting to see mentions of Solforge and Hearthstone, but they were too simplistic. Then saw Hex and looked into it, and it seemed to hit me perfectly. Some great solo play with PvE, and some tournament play which I was looking to get into.

All this was just about the end March, and I had one day before being able to buy a Slacker Backer, and I bit the bullet and did it. I'm so glad I did, and I haven't ever been so excited about a game. I'm now watching streams, listening to podcasts, perusing forums, etc.

hakeswill
05-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Hex is the game I have been waiting for my entire (gaming) life.
It's not finished yet, but oh, the hope!

Pezzle
05-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Back in 1993 I found Magic at a local game store. A short time later, our small group of magic players depleted all local card supplies. In those days tournaments were hard to come by and organized play did not exist in the area. We had the cards and made our fun with unconventional rules for games. One of us could name the artists on all the cards. It was a memorable time. A time we can still vividly recall. I only played for a couple of years. A combination of moving and loss of time had me put it aside. In 1997 Shandalar came along and gave me the first real glimpse of an electronic MTG. I still have a copy of that game.

When MGTO premiered I tried it, and I wanted to like it. But I could not, something was missing.

Last year we were introduced to Hex. Watching the streams it looked right. At GenCon it felt right. What Cryptozoic has on their hands is what I have wanted since Shandalar. I want the drafting and single matches. I want specialty matches and cube. I want the PVE. I want online magic that is not atrocious. All they have to do is cross the finish line.

I backed this project because it has been the closest to capturing that old feeling in a long long line of card games since. It is what we have wanted since 1997.

kidincredible
05-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Two or three years ago, a couple friends and I started having a resurgence in our desire to play MTG. It just happened to hit a bunch of us at the same time and we all got more and more excited about the idea of getting involved in it again. We started having Sunday Drafts with our little group hanging out at someone's house, doing drafts and having NFL games on in the background. It was a hell of a lot of fun and camaraderie until life intervened in the way it usually does.

Later on, one of these friends discovered Hex's kickstarter and shared it with me. It seemed like a great idea since it could capture a lot of the fun of those drafting Sundays without the logistical hassle of getting a bunch of people together in the same place. It also just happened that I was able to sell a bunch of those MTG cards I bought for our games for around $500. Long story short, Grand King backer here :)

hacky
05-07-2014, 08:20 PM
I am not exaggerating when I say that Cryptozoic is one of the few companies that I would back for as much as I did.

I'm a WoWTCG veteran. I was there when Cryptozoic was founded to take the reins of the WoWTCG from its uncertain future after Upper Deck Entertainment. And I'm not the only one -- sprinkled in this thread and throughout the Hex community are many fellow WoWTCG veterans of all levels: casual players, volunteers and judges, and top-level competitive players. That's no coincidence -- the WoWTCG maintained being an excellent, deep and fun game throughout its four-year run under CZE, and from that, I had full confidence that Hex would be just as great of a card game for constructed and draft as WoWTCG.

However, that's only part of the story. Many aspects of the Hex project are reflected in things that Cryptozoic did for WoWTCG, and much of the reason I backed lie in Cryptozoic itself.

WoWTCG has Raid Decks, published decks of cards that pitted 3 players versus 1 raid boss. Cryptozoic made custom decks for 1v1 "boss" encounters at WoWTCG Darkmoon Faire events, Continental and World Championships. These products, while they have limited demand in the context of a printed product, make so much sense in a digital space: they can be created and let loose to the world much more rapidly without the overhead and logistics needed for a print product. I doubt I'm far off the mark in saying that Hex is the dream to expand on Cory's desire for more and greater Raid Decks.

For whatever reason, WoWTCG fostered an amazing community of players. We'd find ourselves traveling cross-country and across oceans for events. The high-level competition was always fierce, but often at the end of the day, the event hall would turn into a giant game of Werewolf. I personally miss the WoWTCG community, and the remarkable thing is, Cryptozoic themselves were part of that community. Dan Clark would host the Werewolf games. At most events, the highlight side event was a Bounty tournament, seeding many CZE staff and volunteers into a fun 2-pack-sealed (think DC-10) event with crazy rules and prizes for beating staff. I've yet to see an event where CZE staff weren't spending free time chatting and discussing game theory and development with many of us. And I still remember Cryptozoic sending open invitations to prerelease several WoWTCG sets at their own offices! My local group roadtrip-ed that, and did not regret it one bit; and we even got in to some super secret after-hours drafts with more prerelease product in the offices proper. ;) Bringing this spirit into the big huge online community through Hex, I don't think you can break the spirit of these guys -- they know what they need to do, because they are just as much fans and gamers as we are.

Lest I come off seeming like just another fan, I fully acknowledge that Cryptozoic isn't perfect. The end of the WoWTCG was heartbreaking, but perhaps that was due to circumstances not under their control. Hex's development hasn't been as silky smooth as we wish it was, but taking a step back -- it's taken great strides in the past six months. I'd love to be able to draft now but...

...Cryptozoic has proven themselves to me as a group of game developers that put their "fans first", as their motto goes. So when that Kickstarter went live almost one year ago, I backed immediately. I convinced myself to back more. And my peers, fellow WoWTCG players, also backed. We know that Cryptozoic will make this game the way they want to, or die trying.

Also, it is worth noting that I am a SolForge backer, and was excited to see its development and the possibilities it would bring to the digital TCG world, until about May 8th, 2013... ;)

Dynimix
05-08-2014, 12:44 PM
So...today is Hex day!!

hammer
05-08-2014, 03:11 PM
So...today is Hex day!!

Indeed what could be a better way to celebrate hex day than having functional draft :D Good Job CZE :cool:

Tension
05-08-2014, 11:12 PM
A long time ago, I was surfing and trawling through the internet, looking for an adventure.

One morning, just as I was rising from bed and going to the computer, the ground started shaking. Suddenly the roof of my house was ripped off, and a massive dragon reared its head where my chimney had been. Not being an early morning person I shouted “Smaug! It is not yet 8 o’ clock. Why have you destroyed my house at such an early hour? I am not even out of my bedclothes yet!”
“Fool!” replied the dragon “I am not Smaug! He is like a rat beneath my claws. I am Uruunaz, and I am here to take you away.”
“Away? Away where?”
“Away to a land of magic, gems, and treasure. And unicorns. Lots and lots of unicorns.”
“Yay! I love unicorns!”
“Just kidding. There are no unicorns.”
“That still sounds super awesome and fun!”
“Yeah, it’s pretty much the best thing that’s happened since Kentucky Fried Bats”
“What?”
“Nothing. Shall we go then?”

And so, I was transported on the back of Uruunaz to the wonderful world of HEX. We had lots of adventures together, Uru and I. There was this time where we were flying around through a lightning storm for funsies when all of a sudden there was this massive big ship flying beside us.
“How does a boat like that fly? Hey Uruunaz, are we in Neverland now or something?” I crane my neck to see if I can see Peter on the ship. Instead I see an old man at the tiller, with what looks like a massive octopus attached to his back. He looks like he is having a very bad dream.
“No young squire. That is the Lightning Armada. Through sapphire magic, it has gained the power of flight.”
“Wow! That is so cool! Is it fun flying Uru?”
“It’s almost as fun as being able to breathe fire.”
“Mint. Do you reckon if I learn sapphire magic, I can fly as well someday?”
“Anything is possible if you try hard enough, squire.”

Thus I have been working feverishly ever since, striving and designing so that one day, I too can Fly.

Chadatog
05-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Hopefully I'm getting this in before the deadline.

I had just put some money towards a DCG called Solforge that my best friend, Erik, had clued me into. Erik had originally gotten me into Magic back in 1994 and we had played with friends through the years, taking trips to PTQ's and other events in the tri-state area. Back in 2004 I moved to North Carolina and I played Magic for a few years going from the occasonal PTQ and set releases to sometimes playing in a set release once a year. I thought Solforge was going to be a way for me and my friend to reconnect through a card game. I quickly became disappointed with the direction that the game was heading (more like a CCG than a true TCG). I just happened to stumble onto Hex through Kickstarter (I think I was looking at some of the projects I had already backed and I like to browse the card/board games that are new). I'm kicking myself about it now, but I found the project when there were still not only pro-player tiers left but early bird king tiers. I was going to check back into the kickstarter in a few days to see how the project was trending, and if it looked like it was going well I would back the game as well. By the time I came back the site had exploded with people and I ended up deciding on getting the knight tier. By the end I had resolved to sell off my Magic collection completely and use the money to offset my eventual king tier (ended up with $650 from selling the Magic cards and no more paper card collections taking up space in the closet). I also managed to convince my friend Erik to buy in at the King level as well.

I really believe in what Hex is trying to do with giving us a TCG experience with lower digital costs, digital mechanics, and convenience that many of us have lost with moving away from friends, working full time jobs, and having spouses/kids. I'm finally going to be able to have some of the same old MTG experiences with my best friend with me in NC and him in OR, trading cards, playing in drafts and tournaments together, talking about deck ideas, and even being able to raid together and chat while doing other PvE content.

hex_colin
05-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Hopefully I'm getting this in before the deadline.

With 46 minutes to spare! :)

Gwaer
05-08-2014, 11:31 PM
The moment I saw hex I felt the power of 10,000,000,000 boners course through my being, and since that time I have been unable to think of anything else. Hex... My dear sweet Hex... You and your lotus gardens shall be mine.

nicosharp
05-08-2014, 11:44 PM
The moment I saw hex I felt the power of 10,000,000,000 boners course through my being, and since that time I have been unable to think of anything else.
Geez, sounds painful. I hope you have icepacks.

Gwaer
05-08-2014, 11:46 PM
You move past pain to a point of bliss that is indescribable to the uninitiated. Money just burst from my crotchal region and into the Hex KickStarter.

Skydive
05-08-2014, 11:56 PM
so that the time almost passed by i should add that it is amazing how much work and money collin puts into all of this with his giveaways and such so big thx to collin. And good luck to all participants

hex_colin
05-09-2014, 01:36 AM
Entries are done... :)

I'll post the winner later today! Too busy drafting to read all the posts again right now... ;)

hex_colin
05-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Winners!!!

Thank you to all who entered! This was a really tough decision. That, and I've been mainlining drafts for 2 days... ;)

As usual, couldn't choose just 1 winner, so I chose a grand prize winner (100 Set 1 Boosters) and 4 runner-ups (25 Set 1 Boosters each).

Grand Prize - 100 Set 1 Boosters - Svenn - for philanthropy!
Runner-Up - 25 Set 1 Boosters - Nicosharp - for nostalgia!
Runner-Up - 25 Set 1 Boosters - Athravan - for romance... and prostitution! ;) [Cory would be proud!]
Runner-Up - 25 Set 1 Boosters - Bloodroot - "the future holds wondrous things!!!"
Runner-Up - 25 Set 1 Boosters - Tension - for fantasy!

Congratulations to the winners!!!

I stumbled on Hex (I don't even remember how, I think a friend linked it to me) and was immediately thrown back to my MTG days in the 90s. I had swore off MTG (despite loving the game) because of the cost over a decade ago and hadn't really looked back. Then I see this project on Kickstarter that's promising not only everything that MTG had that I loved... but also this whole PvE element too with cooperative play! Initially I wrote it off again because of the potential cost.

[edited for length (damn boards!) - go read the whole post!]

Shortly after the Princess Cory card announcement I decided that I wanted extra copies of Princess Cory. But how could I justify ANOTHER backing? Well, I could back at Warrior level, that was only another $30... and then the big justification I gave myself was that I could give that account to my girlfriend to try and get her into Hex too (she plays games, but she's not big on card games). So I jumped in a THIRD time at Warrior level to get some more Princess Cory.

So now here we are a year later. I decided to give the Warrior to my girlfriend and the King to my best friend (who typically can't spend much money on games) with the caveat that I wanted some/all of the promo cards and at least some of the boosters (though I would filter down things I had more than a full playset of to them) from the King tier, thinking I wouldn't have a problem getting pretty much a full playset. I was wrong again, of course. I'm nowhere near a full playset yet. ;) But it was worth it to give away some of the stuff though to get some more people playing!

I felt like a dying breed. In my 30's, married, have a good career, but something was missing.

In the garage laid the evidence. 1 ancient shoebox and 1 large cardboard card holder of old magic cards. Sets I remembered fondly like "The Dark", "Legends", "Revised", "Ice Age", and sets I bought because I was a dumb teenager, "Fallen Empire".

My wife knew of my addiction, and the time commitment and travel it required because next to that small collection of Magic cards was a huge collection of WOWTCG cards. I had just quit playing the game, for reasons mentioned above, and I had quite the addiction to buying old sets and raid boxes online for a chance at the fabled loot cards. I used the excuse with the missus that the purchases were investments, but I had really just wanted to keep cracking packs, and bringing cool decks to my local hobby shops to play with.

But this video was different. It was about something called: Hex? What the hell is Hex?
So I watched it, then I watched it again...

The holy grail....

It was everything I was looking for in a PC game. I could finally be at home and play the game I wanted to at the same time. No WIFEAGGRO!? The more I read the more I became intrigued. It was a few days into the campaign, and I saw the backers scooping up the expensive tiers.. Thinking why in the world would people invest so much into this concept. But the more I read, the more I was enchanted with the idea, and I had faith in CZE as a company, because I loved WOWTCG.

I immediately made the decision. First kickstarter account creation, and bam! King tier baby! I was all in... Or was I...

I couldn't stop myself, as I read more and more, The king was just not going to do it. There was free draft for life tiers.. OMG!!! I made the decision. I am going to go for Pro... But right as I made that decision the last 8 pro tier spots were taken!

I waited a day of refreshing the page occasionally, and no pro tiers became available. King would not do. I refreshed and refreshed and the grand-kings tiers had even vanished. Finally after many attempts, I found a grand-king tier pledge had opened up. It was settled, I am in for this crazy ride, and now it's time to convince my friends. I may have to wait a long time, but this game is going to be huge, and I am well positioned now to play it forever.

(If I happen to win, I am donating the cards to other players)

I can't believe it's almost been a year, I have no super cool story, but it is a little romantic (I think?). I loved MtG but could never really gel that well with the online client and sadly, couldn't find anyone in my circle of friends to be nerdy enough to play cards with me. It was with sadness that as I trundled through my 20s and into my 30s, that I thought my games of card playing were over. Then I saw Hex and was instantly in love with it - all my favourite mechanics of a PvP tcg as well as some fancy new ones, and all digital so I'd actually get to play in tournaments and maybe meet some people too!

Then I read more, and I started reading about guilds & PvE - but most importantly, group PvE.

Now my husband is not a big gamer, he enjoys games but not anywhere near the extent of me, so I almost always ended up playing alone. After we quit playing WoW (quite some years ago), we pretty had no games that had interested us both. I showed him Hex and the most amazing thing happened - he said it sounded interesting! Amagad, yes! Now how to turn interested into obsessed with so we can be equals... and can I get him to spend money on it?

Well I sent him links, and forum posts, and blogs and images and videos and talked about it non stop, sometimes whilst wearing very little clothing, for a bit of subliminal messaging, until he was convinced (perhaps a little brainwashed). The thing that sold it to him was the co-op PvE. He loved the idea of us actually working together and how he could just play co-op PvE with me, whilst I also did PvP tournaments as well and he wouldn't fall behind. The ahem, favours, I offered him, may have helped a little too.

Not only did he back it, but he ended up backing it way higher than I expected (still less than me, but he doesn't plan to PvP anyway) and he's been having fun duelling me on the beta and finally we have a game to look forward to playing together :)

Where should I begin? There was the thunderous roar of pledges as we all danced ever-faster. Pro sold out! Grand King sold out?! The discovery of kicktraq (http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/)? No, we must go back further.

I sent a message through Kickstarter, asking about how multiplayer pve would work. I received answers, delivered clearly and very politely, closing with this, "The future holds wondrous things!!!". I read it and I believed it and I found myself completely in love with it. I brashly stretched forth my hand and backed, grasping a grand crown. And then later, via paypal...ah, but that's a different story.

A long time ago, I was surfing and trawling through the internet, looking for an adventure.

One morning, just as I was rising from bed and going to the computer, the ground started shaking. Suddenly the roof of my house was ripped off, and a massive dragon reared its head where my chimney had been. Not being an early morning person I shouted “Smaug! It is not yet 8 o’ clock. Why have you destroyed my house at such an early hour? I am not even out of my bedclothes yet!”
“Fool!” replied the dragon “I am not Smaug! He is like a rat beneath my claws. I am Uruunaz, and I am here to take you away.”
“Away? Away where?”
“Away to a land of magic, gems, and treasure. And unicorns. Lots and lots of unicorns.”
“Yay! I love unicorns!”
“Just kidding. There are no unicorns.”
“That still sounds super awesome and fun!”
“Yeah, it’s pretty much the best thing that’s happened since Kentucky Fried Bats”
“What?”
“Nothing. Shall we go then?”

And so, I was transported on the back of Uruunaz to the wonderful world of HEX. We had lots of adventures together, Uru and I. There was this time where we were flying around through a lightning storm for funsies when all of a sudden there was this massive big ship flying beside us.
“How does a boat like that fly? Hey Uruunaz, are we in Neverland now or something?” I crane my neck to see if I can see Peter on the ship. Instead I see an old man at the tiller, with what looks like a massive octopus attached to his back. He looks like he is having a very bad dream.
“No young squire. That is the Lightning Armada. Through sapphire magic, it has gained the power of flight.”
“Wow! That is so cool! Is it fun flying Uru?”
“It’s almost as fun as being able to breathe fire.”
“Mint. Do you reckon if I learn sapphire magic, I can fly as well someday?”
“Anything is possible if you try hard enough, squire.”

Thus I have been working feverishly ever since, striving and designing so that one day, I too can Fly.

nicosharp
05-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Awesome. Thank you so much for hosting this Colin, and letting us tell our stories. Was not expecting the runner-up prizes, very cool! Those packs will go to the needy. (Likely more slacker-backers)

hex_colin
05-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Awesome. Thank you so much for hosting this Colin, and letting us tell our stories. Was not expecting the runner-up prizes, very cool! Those packs will go to the needy. (Likely more slacker-backers)

Another reason I decided to extend the prize pool. Pay it forward... :)

Skydive
05-10-2014, 10:26 AM
congratulations to all who won =)

ThomasHunter
05-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Indeed congrats to all. The stories were fun for sure!

Athravan
05-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Thank you sooo much, and congrats to everyone else who won a prize too. I really enjoyed all the positive stories in this thread :)

AswanJaguar
05-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Congrats to all the winners and kudos to Colin for his own philanthropy. :)

Tension
05-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Oh wow, that's awesome, I totally did not expect to win anything! Thank you so much Colin!

Arminace
05-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Gz for alll winners and it was fun :D

Jinuyr
05-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Congrats everyone!

Svenn
05-12-2014, 08:21 AM
OMG I won! Woohoo! Thanks Colin. I'm going to need those for drafting... I'm blowing through what I've got already. :-P

What that post was missing was the current status after tournaments opened. When I backed I was like "I don't know that I'll have time for more than 1 draft a week, so this will be perfect". Yeah, not even close... I did 3 drafts Friday night alone. My free drafts are long gone and I can't stop! At least I've pulled a second place and 2 1st places out of 5 drafts. :)

Myrgard
05-13-2014, 01:16 AM
Congrats all people , winning or not it was great to read other people histories ;)