PDA

View Full Version : I Would LOVE to see Friend Codes

Renakh
05-01-2014, 02:21 PM
This topic would only apply if closed beta last for any extended period of time, but I would LOVE to see some sort of Friend Codes to invite friends of ours into the closed beta. I noticed at least one website was giving away closed beta invites and Iím excited that the community is expanding but I'd also would LOVE the chance to get some of the friends we've talked the game up too in the beta.

Eierdotter
05-02-2014, 02:06 AM
without PVE this game would be pretty boring for someone who does not want to invest money atm.

the KS backers got lots of boosters to draft (when it is fixed)
playing in the prooving grounds with your starter deck is fun a few times, but without any possibility to improve or change the deck it gets boring soon.

FoundInTheFlood
05-02-2014, 02:17 AM
+1 ... I think you were talking about the gameforge page ... my friends registered there, but didn't get any codes yet.

Hexgo
05-02-2014, 02:59 AM
+1 ... I think you were talking about the gameforge page ... my friends registered there, but didn't get any codes yet.

Then they were probably to late, the codes were given out instantly.

But imo its better anyway to give out beta-codes to kickstarter early (means before those websites), since they know actually people that are really interessted in this kind of games and can prepare and explain the state/upcoming features personally to their friends. Prevents random people with wrong expectations (mostly becouse of awkward promotion and marketing) badmouthing this game.

Myrgard
05-02-2014, 04:31 AM
I also think that it would be good to have friends inviting.

I love this game and i have some friends that i know will love it, they did not back beause i did not had the time to talk with them about it, i only find out litle more than a month ago in the last days of slacker backer.

I know my friends are not going to talk ill of the game, we played MTG and other card games(legend of the five rings, pokemon etc) and we never dished none of those, so we shurely with a game with all this love poured in, Criptozoic are doing these game with finacial success in mind(as all companies) but above all with love, they are making the game Cory dreamed (a game many of us dreamed as well), so even if it takes time if its not perfect at birth we will be were supporting remember the ugly duckling turned into a beautifull swan(and this as never been ugly) ;)

So if cripto is thinking about leting more people in closed beta, it was going o be nice if they let at least some of the people in the community invite their friends(it would give the confort about new people being guided).

Athravan
05-02-2014, 05:00 AM
Friends? What are they? I redeemed my 3 x 30 friend code packs from the GM tier on my own account and I didn't even feel guilty. Mwuhahaha...

No really, invite a friend to beta would be a great idea. New blood but they'll have friends to talk to about it so will know the state of game before they get into it.

DuroNL
05-02-2014, 06:19 AM
Friends? What are they? I redeemed my 3 x 30 friend code packs from the GM tier on my own account and I didn't even feel guilty. Mwuhahaha...

No really, invite a friend to beta would be a great idea. New blood but they'll have friends to talk to about it so will know the state of game before they get into it.

Hahah, nice one...
Easy decision though, Friends? Boosters?, Friends..... hmmm Boosters???

Boosters always win :P

Bug agreed would be nice to invite friends to beta :D

Ju66ernaut
05-02-2014, 09:05 AM
My friends wouldn't like hopping in game, getting a free starter, then needing to dole out cash to build their pool. Trading/mail would definitely need to be live so that I could send my extra cards to them. But really, I think PvE is what would suck my friends in.....then PvP would tempt them to the dark side and win CZE further support.

I'm patiently waiting to evangelize about HEX. Better to offer my friend a premium sausage than a ticket into the factory where it was made.

Renakh
05-02-2014, 01:48 PM
without PVE this game would be pretty boring for someone who does not want to invest money atm.

the KS backers got lots of boosters to draft (when it is fixed)
playing in the prooving grounds with your starter deck is fun a few times, but without any possibility to improve or change the deck it gets boring soon.

I have a handful of friends who are interested in the game but are waiting for play it first before investing money in it.

Hieronymous
05-02-2014, 05:22 PM
It's a little weird that I have the friend codes from Grand King and my friends can't enter the game to use them.