PDA

View Full Version : Trial of Faith + Protectorate Clergyman

Arveene
05-02-2014, 02:18 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Not all angels get the +1/+1 bonus from the Protectorate Clergyman. I'll post the steps and then my theory below.

Steps
1. Play Trial of Faith with cards in hand or on the field.
2. Next turn, play Protectorate Clergyman.
3. Wait for Trial of Faith to stack to 3 counters and resolve.
4. Some angels get the +1/+1 bonus and others do not.

There's a couple questions that need to be asked to determine whether or not this is 100% working as intended.

Theory/Questions: Protectorate Clergyman's (and every other inspire effect) only affects cards that are equal to or greater than it's mana cost.

Does the inspire effect take place before the cards coming back in are transformed to Angels?

If no, then all angels should receive +1/+1 since their mana cost is 5 and this is a bug.

If yes, then I think it's working as intended, but I can't confirm it. Any troops that were voided that cost 3 or more will come into play as +1/+1 angels. Any non-troop card or troop that costs 2 or less that was voided will come into play as a 4/4 angel.

Anyone else used this card enough to confirm that this is all working as intended? Is my interpretation of the rules and how this card works correct?

Any negative or positive effects on a card before being voided will still affect the card after it's transformed into an Angel. I think that's working as intended though.

P.S. I deeply apologize if I totally messed up the use of affect and effect, but I believe it's correct.

EntropyBall
05-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Based on how the card is worded, it should hit every Angel, since it says "transform into an Angel, *then* put it into play." A troop transforming (like Incantations) will not trigger inspire, but that's not the issue here.
I'm guess its only hitting the cards that cost 3+ before they got turned into Angels. Probably could test this with any Inspire troop in place of the Clergyman.