PDA

View Full Version : Is there a noobfriendly constructed play?

Sevein
05-02-2014, 03:43 AM
I will never be a big constructed player. I will focus on draft or sealed so im on even ground and just lack in skills :) But will there ever be a low-tier forum for players like me in constructed? Perhaps a restricted tournament for players that have not achieved much yet? I assume it would be hard to regulate cost more than i tastes for CZE thou but what are the odds that we can get a ladder-ish "play random". Ppl with high rating in the ladder gets paired with other ppl of similiar rating and nubs like me meet other ppl wih crappy decks?

I know i can prob LFG for that but would be nice if it was automated, random and makes u follow a progress.

Liokae
05-02-2014, 04:29 AM
I can't recall if there's been any official confirmation, but I would be extremely surprised if there wasn't some form of 'ranked PvP' of something very similar to what you're talking about. Every card game I've played online has that function; it'd be a pretty big blunder to miss it here.

DuroNL
05-02-2014, 06:02 AM
Hmm, as Liokae says, be suprised if we didn't get to see a form of Ranked play in this game...

Where you will be either matched against someone of the same ranking, or you can enter lower ranked PvP matches that are equal to your own Rating, but if you are above said rating you can't enter them, obviously you don't want high ranked players farming the lower ranked pvp grounds :P

ThrawnOmega
05-02-2014, 07:31 AM
At this state of the game, I would try to talk with folks during matches and try to build a network of player friends you feel are at about your level, so you can play more games with those folks. That could help easy your situation until something is added at a system level.

Rapkannibale
05-02-2014, 08:15 AM
I am sure they will eventually add things like "pauper" tournaments where only commons and uncommon are allowed. Otherwise. The community is pretty friendly so I would ask in chat and say you want just a casual match or two. :)

Krond
05-02-2014, 08:36 AM
In addition to pauper and unranked, I think theres a good chance for "casual" and "tournament practice" lobbies. Theres goig to be tons of folks with casual decks who dont wanna get stomped by tier 1 tournament decks, and conversely, people who want to try out tournament decks without playing against random casual decks.

Sevein
05-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Alright it seems like there could be options :) Still hoping for a ladder option in the future thou. The pauper option seems kinda cool too. But drafts n sealed will be enough otherwise.

Yoss
05-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Having the PLAY button work off of MMR/ELO/whatev would do the trick.