PDA

View Full Version : Ignore List

Renakh
05-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Generally I'm all force freedom of speech but some of the complaining done in general chat is starting to get a bit extreme. Is there anyway we can get a ETA on an ignore list or have some of the players muted who do nothing but spam general chat with complaints.

GatticusFinch
05-02-2014, 02:39 PM
No ETA on that one.

Rendakor
05-02-2014, 02:39 PM
The ignore list has been in since alpha. It's in the social tab.

And if you want to ignore someone on the forums, click on their name to go to their profile and there's an option on the left hand side!

Renakh
05-02-2014, 02:43 PM
The ignore list has been in since alpha. It's in the social tab.

And if you want to ignore someone on the forums, click on their name to go to their profile and there's an option on the left hand side!

Ignoring everyone is not the same as the 1 or 2 people who use general chat to do nothing but complain about the game. It ruins the experience for everyone else.

Rendakor
05-02-2014, 02:47 PM
What? I told you how to ignore individual people; that was not a sarcastic response whatsoever. Click on the Social button, hit friends. Then look on the left and there's 3 buttons: Friends, Pending, Ignore. Type someone's name in ignore, hit add.

Renakh
05-02-2014, 02:48 PM
oh shit I'm dumb. I was thinking of something else. I'm so sorry. Thank you :)

Rendakor
05-02-2014, 02:48 PM
No problem.

ossuary
05-02-2014, 03:38 PM
I honestly don't know how I managed to not fly around the country murdering people before we had ignore. Now I just have a LOT of gaps and very strange one-sided conversations to scroll through instead. Much healthier for all involved. :)

hex_colin
05-02-2014, 03:43 PM
I honestly don't know how I managed to not fly around the country murdering people before we had ignore. Now I just have a LOT of gaps and very strange one-sided conversations to scroll through instead. Much healthier for all involved. :)

QFT. I finally added a few people to my list today in the interest of keeping my generally positive outlook on life. :)

Renakh
05-02-2014, 04:39 PM
I know its likely that we're not allowed too, but I think there should be some kind of voting system that allows people to nominate/vote players to a ignore list that players have the option of including. There would need to be some sort of protection system to keep groups from just voting people they don't like too it, but I think gaming channels/forums would be a much more pleasant place if the "This game sucks" and rage quit posts could be policed. I think a little fear that you'll lose your chat or forum posting abilities after making such posts would improve gaming communities in general. I've pretty much stop reading any Official Blizzard forums because of posts like these.

hex_colin
05-02-2014, 04:43 PM
I know its likely that we're not allowed too, but I think there should be some kind of voting system that allows people to nominate/vote players to a ignore list that players have the option of including. There would need to be some sort of protection system to keep groups from just voting people they don't like too it, but I think gaming channels/forums would be a much more pleasant place if the "This game sucks" and rage quit posts could be policed. I think a little fear that you'll lose your chat or forum posting abilities after making such posts would improve gaming communities in general. I've pretty much stop reading any Official Blizzard forums because of posts like these.

I know for sure CZE wants to get to upvote/downvote forums ASAP.

Xuin
05-02-2014, 04:47 PM
QFT. I finally added a few people to my list today in the interest of keeping my generally positive outlook on life. :)

Colin is totally talking about me.

Now i'm sad.

-Niflhel

Rendakor
05-02-2014, 05:40 PM
I know its likely that we're not allowed too, but I think there should be some kind of voting system that allows people to nominate/vote players to a ignore list that players have the option of including. There would need to be some sort of protection system to keep groups from just voting people they don't like too it, but I think gaming channels/forums would be a much more pleasant place if the "This game sucks" and rage quit posts could be policed. I think a little fear that you'll lose your chat or forum posting abilities after making such posts would improve gaming communities in general. I've pretty much stop reading any Official Blizzard forums because of posts like these.Please no. Official forums already run the risk of turning into echo chambers without adding in a "feature" to silence dissent. People who are abusive will be dealt with by the mods.

ossuary
05-02-2014, 06:44 PM

Omigod joygasm.

GatticusFinch
05-02-2014, 06:46 PM

OMG non-stop "the only positive thread!" Yay!

Dichdude
05-02-2014, 06:57 PM

Why does this statement worry me more than any I have heard for a while.......

Mahes
05-02-2014, 07:14 PM
I would love a reputation system in Hex. Something that allows me to add notes to player's names when I get ready to play them. Things like "He AFKED through the game" or "He talks like a child wanting to use language that just annoys me". A system that would allow me to weed out the degenerates who enjoy the thrill of being anonymous.

ossuary
05-02-2014, 09:44 PM

You obviously haven't visited slashdot anytime in the last... 20 years or so. A voting system does not equal a lovefest - it just requires a certain quality of posting before you're able to rise above the background noise of general internet nonsense.

Don't worry, though. You won't be totally forgotten. We'll always have Paris. :)

Renakh
05-02-2014, 11:40 PM

I don't think we need a non-stop "only positive threads" but there is a very clear difference between constructive criticism and game bashing. I'm all for people posting constructive criticism, its the best way for game designers to get feedback on what needs correcting. "This game sucks, you're all lairs and thieves!" is not a helpful post. If your words had consequences as they would "in real life" then game forums would actually feel like they did during the alpha pretty much across all games, or if not, at least there would be a lot less game bashing as they would lose the right to voice their opinions.

Bloodroot
05-03-2014, 12:57 AM
There are people on the forums who I know complained loudly about things and argued endlessly because they cared. I don't think I ignored any of them.

I haven't ignored anyone in-game yet, but I haven't spent much time there. I think I would like an option to just disable general chat there...maybe there is one, I didn't look. It might not be as important for to ignore people in the game for me if there is no way to chat in large, brightly-colored comic sans.

If you know what I mean.

Gulbech
05-03-2014, 03:35 AM

Rather have that then all the sky is falling, waa waa waa threads people make right now.

But don't see it as a problem, as u think most people want constructive critique.

Dichdude
05-03-2014, 03:37 AM
How about CZE implement a forum where you can only post so many times a day.....

That might stop the endless arguing.

Xenavire
05-03-2014, 03:39 AM
How about CZE implement a forum where you can only post so many times a day.....

That might stop the endless arguing.

That would put me in an awkward position... How would I ever get to 10k posts? :D

Zomnivore
05-03-2014, 03:44 AM

Color me unimpressed. So far there's been one to two legitimate trolls, and then just a variety of people talking.

Just looking at league of legends forums, its sort of annoying to see genuinely fine posts voted negatively to all hell because one group of people in camp a or b find it distasteful.

Xenavire
05-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Color me unimpressed. So far there's been one to two legitimate trolls, and then just a variety of people talking.

Just looking at league of legends forums, its sort of annoying to see genuinely fine posts voted negatively to all hell because one group of people in camp a or b find it distasteful.

Not to mention there are 'troll buddies' who actually like the antics of people like Yasi, or OmarEpps, and would consistently upvote them. So I am not really sold on the idea.

gohan661
05-03-2014, 06:59 AM

Not everything about this game can be considered positive. Why have blinkers on? Why hide part of the truth, this is just pure fanboyism.

Kami
05-03-2014, 07:06 AM
You guys do realize there's already a 'Rate This Thread' feature for these forums right?

(And no, that's not an excuse for you to go bomb threads. :rolleyes: )

Rendakor
05-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Where is this thread rating feature you speak of?

Kami
05-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Where is this thread rating feature you speak of?

Should be near the top of the thread I think. Unless it's moderator only at the moment... ^^;

Rendakor
05-03-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm not sure if I can't find it or if it's only for mods. Post a screenshot?

Kami
05-03-2014, 08:07 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17505982/Temporary/2014-05-03_11-02-44.png

Pezzle
05-03-2014, 08:16 AM
We do not have that feature, please ensure it is never implemented! (ratings)

Gulbech
05-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Only a MOD thing, I don't have it.

Kami
05-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Ah, my apologies.

Well, if there are issues, feel free to PM us. ^^

arastor
05-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Only a MOD thing, I don't have it.

You know, this makes the 1 star rating on OmarEpps "'rumors" post over in General Discussion kind of hilarious! :D

hex_colin
05-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Not everything about this game can be considered positive. Why have blinkers on? Why hide part of the truth, this is just pure fanboyism.

Agreed. I don't have blinkers on - I've posted criticisms in the past week. That's not what I said though.

Edit: To clarify. I'm happy to read (and possibly respond to) the posts of folks with legitimate and constructive criticism. The few with hyperbole and capricious negativity - not so much.

DuroNL
05-03-2014, 11:48 AM
An Ignore list would be a welcome option, as it is for all MMO games, this has saved many people from frustrating nights for years...

Rendakor
05-03-2014, 12:04 PM
There is already an ignore list. Read the first page.