PDA

View Full Version : Bug with the Chain

Pezzle
05-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Your Display Name: Pezzle
Bug Description: effects on chain are resolving as the target were present after target is removed.
Steps to Reproduce: Play Soul marble, put several activations for tokens on the chain. Have your opponent time ripple the Marble as the last action on the chain.
Frequency: 100%
Additional Information: The Marble will go to the casters hand and the chain will vanish or finish resolving? The soul marble can be recast, and when it is, the tokens it was not on the chain to receive will be on it. I imagine this would work with any other destruction method but have not tested.

I am not certain if this is tokens only, or includes other buffs. I can tell you that you can ripple something to prevent its destruction on the chain, the card is not destroyed.

Are we operating under First In Last Out?

Xenavire
05-03-2014, 01:04 PM
This sounds as though it is working as intended - the tokens can't be placed on the soul marble if it is not in play, as far as I am aware, meaning that all those activations would fizzle.

WildStyle
05-03-2014, 01:19 PM
You can have lets say a paladin that you build up to lets say 10/10 if it goes into your hand it stays 10/10 the next time you put it out. It seems to me it goes for everything that has been forced into your hand...You play soul marble get 3 tokes it goes back into your hand...Once you place it still has 3 tokens...I'm not sure if this is how it is intended, but that is the way it works as far as I am aware...

AswanJaguar
05-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Your post is somewhat confusing but it sounds like you're saying that if player A activates his Soul Marble 3 times without allowing them to resolve individually and player B sends it back to Player A's hand before the activations resolve, the Soul Marble is still getting its 3 counters even though it is in Player A's hand when the chain resolves.

If that's what is happening then that is not intended behaviour. This is similar to the behaviour that was happening earlier in Alpha with troops being affected by pending actions on the chain after being sent back to a player's hand. It seems that this hasn't been fixed for Soul Marble yet.

On a side note, there is no reason for Player A to be chaining activations together without allowing them to resolve individually. This Time Ripple example is one case why it's always better to allow the counters to be put on the Soul Marble one by one.

Pezzle
05-03-2014, 01:56 PM
I will try to make it more clear.
http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Soul_Marble
The marble has zero tokens to start and it belongs to player A.
Player A spends resources and activates the ability on the card any number of times, putting each of those on the chain (not resolving individually). Player B uses Time Ripple http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Time_Ripple as the last action on the chain, targeting the Marble. Soul marble is bounced from play into Player A's hand. When recast later the marble has all the counters that it was an invalid target for (since it was removed from the chain before the activations could resolve).

Is that better?

Is this happening with other token generators?

ossuary
05-03-2014, 02:02 PM
The problem is that Soul Marble's ability is not targeting, it's an activated ability that "buffs" itself. So it is not correctly checking whether or not it's a valid target to receive the tokens once it leaves play, it just adds them anyway. This is indeed a bug, and it happens with other cards as well (Living Totem is a good example).

We've reported this before, but it's yet to be addressed or fixed in any case. So right now, any card ability that activates but doesn't target will fully resolve even if it leaves play prior to resolution.