PDA

View Full Version : Game mechanics: proposal for a slight change

lukas
05-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Hello people

Playing Hex in Alpha and Beta there is one thing that bothers me greatly:

When I choose during my turn to go into the attack phase, I click on the button "go to attack step" (or something). Why do i have to hit the priority button afterwards?
Why would I ever want to react to myself going into to Attack phase? I could first do whatever I wanted to do, and then afterwards choose to switch to the attack phase... The action of switching to the attack phase should automatically give the priority to the opponent.

For me it s a useless step, and this step annoys me.

The same thing is with playing a creature: If I play a creature the system asks me to hit the priority button. Same case here: I could do whatever I wanted to do, before I play the creature. Why is there need to give Priority after I play a creature. For me it s absolutely normal that after I play a creature it s the opponent who can respond to that action. There is no need to hit the priority button... The action of playing a creature should give the priority automatically to the opponent.
Edit: just noticed, that this doesn t happen always... sometimes you have to pass priority after playing a creature, sometimes it resolves directly... strange

Well long story short: I would very much like this two steps to be removed.

Additionally: When I play cards that let me select one card from my deck or from a hand or whatever, the system shows me first a selection of cards. I have to click ok. After that I see the same cards again and then I can choose one of them. I would like it a bit more direct: show me the cards and I select one. Story ended.

I guess so far in development these Issues have been discussed over and over again. The actual solution will probably have a very good reason. So, I would very much appreciate if some expert players or Hex employees could explain, why these steps are needed.

Thanks for your response

Greetings

Lukas

By the way: the game is absolutely awesome! I m a big fan! :)

Lawlschool
05-03-2014, 02:00 PM
The pre-attack phase was added because people complained about not being able to do certain actions right before their opponent's attack phase. I think the problem that was used as an example was using an exhaust effect, then the opponent playing a speed troop. Having a pre-attack prep phase lets you perform quick actions before combat is declared without letting your opponent respond with basic actions.

ossuary
05-03-2014, 02:04 PM
If you don't want to make use of the pre-attack phase priority stop, you can turn it or any other phase stop on or off in your turn options section (middle of the screen on the left).

Arbiter
05-03-2014, 02:06 PM
It is there for your opponent to respond to, and there need to be two consecutive passes before any actions are resolved. A chance to tap/remove creatures before they attack or protect creatures before something comes into play. A case could be made for giving the opponent priority, then passing for the player whose turn it is automatically if that player passes, although this could also be handled with better "priority" settings, which are on the way.