PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments and AH on the same day?

rx22
05-03-2014, 04:11 PM
In the latest update CZE mentioned that AH has not been halted due to tournament bug and on different update I think Cory mentioned AH being implemented 1-2 weeks after release, could wee see drafts back up AND the AH implemented on the same patch around tuesday?

hex_colin
05-03-2014, 04:14 PM
I'd be surprised if that happened. They'll want to make sure Tournaments are OK again before adding additional functionality.

And, the AH needs to be bulletproof = lots and lots of testing!!!

Poetic
05-03-2014, 04:20 PM
I'd be surprised if we saw AH before 2 weeks, I'm guessing 3 ish. I have no inside knowledge but I'd think trading is live before ah.

rx22
05-03-2014, 04:24 PM
I'd be surprised if we saw AH before 2 weeks, I'm guessing 3 ish. I have no inside knowledge but I'd think trading is live before ah.

As I recall AH was first in line before trading. Also next week will be 2 weeks since we are in beta and they said that AH is already completed just nee testing to be buletproof and thats why most likelly it will be 2 weeks after the beta starts, which is next week :)

deathandtexas
05-03-2014, 05:05 PM
I hope so! I like to see things moving forward.

DanTheMeek
05-03-2014, 06:10 PM
There's no way to say for sure, the very nature of why you need to do testing is because you may find some issue or exploit that wasn't accounted for, if that happens, everything gets delayed as the programmers try to figure out how to fix the issue, then once they figure how to, they have to actually do it, then when its "fixed" everything has to be retested to make sure that fix didn't create or mask another issue. So, while its true if Corey's estimates were correct a best case scenario could see both being released at the same time, its far from set in stone.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong (and I haven't been following things too closely lately so its possible I am) but I don't think we've even been given a rough estimate on when the tournament issue might be fixed as they still haven't really pinned down what the cause was, just that it was related to their middle ware, and that they were not the only company using said middle ware to be effected, so its actually not impossible that the AH could get implemented BEFORE we have working tournaments again.

Yoss
05-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Dan, go read the Friday update.

Svenn
05-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Dan, go read the Friday update.

Sounds like he did read it, but missed this:

Our current plan in making Booster Drafts available involves a hardware reconfiguration slated for Monday, May 5th at 1 AM Pacific (8:00 GMT) that will take some time, but no games should be interrupted. We’ll continue to work on it throughout that morning, and we’ll likely have an update for you sometime on Tuesday at the latest on how things look.

Sounds like they've got a plan for a fix that requires some hardware changes. They didn't quite specify if that would fully fix the issue though.

EntropyBall
05-03-2014, 09:34 PM
People are misreading that update. It does NOT say that tournaments will be up on Monday. It says that the hardware reconfiguration is a step in the plan to get drafts back up. Rex has said they hope to have them up that day after the hardware reconfig.

bojanglesz
05-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Just think about all the testing in alpha that tournaments got. Now think about how AH is infinitely more important (from an economy/player security standpoint)...and yeah

Kroan
05-04-2014, 01:53 AM
And, the AH needs to be bulletproof = lots and lots of testing!!! Nah. We're such an understanding bunch of people, surely we can use the AH even it's full of bugs. We'll report them in a nice and orderly fashion just like we did for tournaments.

Werlix
05-04-2014, 02:46 AM
Nah. We're such an understanding bunch of people, surely we can use the AH even it's full of bugs. We'll report them in a nice and orderly fashion just like we did for tournaments.

Hah yeah and we won't freak out and complain when it gets taken down to fix unforseen bugs :)

Xenavire
05-04-2014, 03:03 AM
Hah yeah and we won't freak out and complain when it gets taken down to fix unforseen bugs :)

As long as all items for sale at that time revert to the correct collection, there will be little reason to complain. They just need disclaimers before they put it up in the first place, let people know it is a possibility.

MatWith1T
05-04-2014, 06:05 AM
As long as all items for sale at that time revert to the correct collection, there will be little reason to complain. They just need disclaimers before they put it up in the first place, let people know it is a possibility.

The reason people complain is that they didn't realize that the word 'Beta' IS that disclaimer. Everything can and will break.

Xenavire
05-04-2014, 06:44 AM
The reason people complain is that they didn't realize that the word 'Beta' IS that disclaimer. Everything can and will break.

Yeah. But a specific disclaimer saying 'In the event of any bugs, we reserve the right to bring the auction house down for repairs. All complete purchases will not be reverted, but any auctions that are up when we bring the auction house down will be cancelled, and the items will be returned to the owner.' - that would stop most complaints. Not all, but most.