PDA

View Full Version : A open request for a AMA with Cory and the team. Please post questions here.

Dichdude
05-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Hex has now reached the landmark of closed Beta, along with this goal the game have also entered a monetized state.

I for one am now wondering if we could get a AMA (ask me anything) session with Cory and the team. It will not only give the community an opportunity to congratulate the team on the amazing work they have done so far, but also give them a platform to officially answer the many questions I am sure we all have about the roadmap for the game in the coming weeks, months and even years now the game has hit such a monumental landmark.

Anyway, post thoughts and questions below.

Malakili
05-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Why are all interviews called "AMAs" now. Fucking reddit.

Dichdude
05-03-2014, 11:22 PM

Is this a question you want Cory to answer?...(joking :P).

If there is a consensus that people would prefer this to be called an "interview" rather then a "AMA" then a Mod can change the title.

Gwaer
05-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Didn't Cory just do an interview with neo and jtatta right when beta started? What other questions do you have?

Malakili
05-03-2014, 11:36 PM
Is this a question you want Cory to answer?...(joking :P).

If there is a consensus that people would prefer this to be called an "interview" rather then a "AMA" then a Mod can change the title.

I'm just a curmudgeon who hates reddit's growing hegemony. Don't mind me.

Osthall
05-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Upvoted for correct use of hegemony.

:P

Voormas
05-04-2014, 12:03 AM
I don't think there is any need for another fan interview at this point; we should work on getting some follow-up on real gaming sites

GatticusFinch
05-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Didn't Cory just do an interview with neo and jtatta right when beta started? What other questions do you have?

I could think of a few...

Gorgol
05-04-2014, 12:15 AM
I could think of a few...
Why not list them here?

Kroan
05-04-2014, 01:50 AM

Because an interview is more than just asking a bunch of questions........

MatWith1T
05-04-2014, 06:14 AM
Don't you hate pants?

mudkip
05-04-2014, 06:41 AM
I don't think we need to steal any more of Cory's time. We have enough information and I don't want anything else spoiled. We just need be patient and let them so their thing.

Xenavire
05-04-2014, 06:47 AM
I don't think we need to steal any more of Cory's time. We have enough information and I don't want anything else spoiled. We just need be patient and let them so their thing.

Ah, c'mon, don't be a wet blanket! A couple of minor set 2 spoilers would be pretty cool, just as a reminder that the set is coming out sometime in the future.

Even a couple of random commons with no effects, to showcase some new art, would be pretty awesome.

Dichdude
05-04-2014, 07:30 AM
I will kick this off with a couple of questions that I would like a official reply regarding;

1) Could we have some more information regarding crafting as I believe the auction house is being added soon and I have no idea if I should be looking to sell my extra common cards or be saving them to be disenchanted? This information will help the market decide what the worth is of commons, without it we are all just guessing.

2) Could we clear up chest loot generation so I can decide if I want to wait to open some packs during a special event or if the chests we do have already will get the extra loot if opened during an event?

3) I believe you said somewhere that set 2 is tested and ready; How large is set 2 and when will you be looking to release this second set? Along with this is how long will I be able to use my set 1 unopened packs to enter tournaments once this set comes out? I need to know this so I can manage the number of unopened packs I keep, sell in the market or give to friends.

4) Now you have entered Closed beta do you have a rough idea when you would be looking to release open Beta? I have friends I would like to get into Hex and I would like to know if this is before set 2 gets released so I have some idea if I keep some unopened packs to give them a head start or sell them?

5) Do we have a rough idea when friend to friend trading will be introduced?

6) Is there any chance the KS backers will get 'friend' codes to give out to...well friends, if so when?

These are just a few of the questions running through my head (I have many more)....Most of which relate to information I NEED to make an INFORMED decision on how I manage my packs/collection now there is no wipe and the game is monetized.

Stok3d
05-04-2014, 07:38 AM
I don't think there is any need for another fan interview at this point; we should work on getting some follow-up on real gaming sites

I believe any type of Cory interviews would work best if done through the Hex Fan sites that create tournies, run contests, etc.

incitfulmonk21
05-04-2014, 07:57 AM
I believe any type of Cory interviews would work best if done through the Hex Fan sites that create tournies, run contests, etc.

I tend to think a gaming site would be better as well. We are already evangelical about hex as are the streamers. We need to hit eyes so we can get more people.

In alpha it was great to play to the backers but now we need to be selling everyone else on hex.

Edit: Not to derail I think this is not really the time for asking questions.

nicosharp
05-04-2014, 08:27 AM
I have a few questions:

1) With 1 year free drafts stacking in one account, can you stack a 1 year free draft with a lifetime free draft account?

2) When trading is enabled, what will the restrictions be? For a time, will we be able to trade with people from any geographic location? Will there ever be geographic restrictions on trade/AH/etc.?

3) Could you provide more details on the AH, and if there will be small transaction fees incurred for posting items? Will there be any transaction fees incurred for purchasing items?

4) Has there been any discussion internally around account based luck? For example: I am really unlucky, and purchase 200 packs from you. I get 0 primal, and I somehow open 0 Legendary cards. My friend buys 20 packs, gets 3 primals and 5 legendary cards. Could we ever see perhaps a stacking account based luck bonus based on not hitting a primal/legendary?

5) Are there any plans to revisit the current UI to clean up things like: Cards in play, viewable text, observer interactions the board to read/click/etc., scrollbars, phase indicators, initiating games by clicking on a friends name, or on someones name from chat, increased user options to hide active games in progress/etc.?

6) Along the lines of the top, will there be any support for 3rd party UI options - Example would be, card trackers (so players do not have to write down what they see in an opponents hand when revealed/etc. - A Webcam feature, so those players that do not stream, could have a webcam over their champions portrait to see each other when they play?

I have more, but just some ideas for now.

ossuary
05-04-2014, 08:45 AM
I'm just a curmudgeon who hates reddit's growing hegemony. Don't mind me.

Reddit is growing in popularity because it's largely resistant to the "corporate" bullshit that other "news" sites inevitably become infected with. By remaining crowd-sourced, it remains (largely) neutral / unbiased, except perhaps towards dirty language and pictures of cats. :)

There are still controlling factors and people with agendas, but the fact that it's not a UNIFIED agenda driven by corporate motivation at least means the bulk of the content's purpose is genuine.

Dichdude
05-04-2014, 08:52 AM
I tend to think a gaming site would be better as well. We are already evangelical about hex as are the streamers. We need to hit eyes so we can get more people.

In alpha it was great to play to the backers but now we need to be selling everyone else on hex.

Edit: Not to derail I think this is not really the time for asking questions.

I don't think it's an either/or situation. I can't see a gaming site not running an article because Cory did a AMA with his KS backers.

As for not a good time to ask questions - I can't disagree more the game is now 'for keeps' and I have no idea who some of the core game concepts work! Without this information we can't be sure we are making the right decisions with our cards, packs or chests (well I can't)...This bothers me immensely.

I do agree we are going to need new people coming into the game and as backers I see it partly our job to rally round and get people interested. This I can't really do this until I have some basic information or at least the latest official line.

Dichdude
05-04-2014, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure if this is really the right place to put this request; I will ask it as a question and hope people let it slide....

Cory, is there any chance of getting an article from the economist on your team regarding how HEX's economy was devised, pitfalls and real world comparisons? This I think could be a fascinating read or interview (I'm a sucker for the Freakonomics podcast).

Lawlschool
05-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Reddit is growing in popularity because it's largely resistant to the "corporate" bullshit that other "news" sites inevitably become infected with. By remaining crowd-sourced, it remains (largely) neutral / unbiased, except perhaps towards dirty language and pictures of cats. :)

There are still controlling factors and people with agendas, but the fact that it's not a UNIFIED agenda driven by corporate motivation at least means the bulk of the content's purpose is genuine.

I know you're hedging your language a bit, but Reddit is far from "neutral." There's an incredibly strong bias toward liberal straight white late teen /early 20s STEM-major males, at least in the defaults. Most of the posts that make it to the top of the defaults are those that cater to this demographic.

Yes, posts aren't controlled by corporate agendas to push advertising revenue or whatnot, but posts are controlled by mob-mentality and the general fascination with karma.

ossuary
05-04-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm not sure if this is really the right place to put this request; I will ask it as a question and hope people let it slide....

Cory, is there any chance of getting an article from the economist on your team regarding how HEX's economy was devised, pitfalls and real world comparisons? This I think could be a fascinating read or interview (I'm a sucker for the Freakonomics podcast).

For the record, they don't have a staff economist. They have paid for consultation with an economist in the past, the information from which they used to help them make decisions about their economy. Also, Will (Shaq) is pretty decently versed in economics himself (among a great deal of other subjects - he's extremely well read), so it's not like they're flying blind or anything, but they do not have a person on staff whose job it is to know economies.

ossuary
05-04-2014, 09:53 AM
I know you're hedging your language a bit, but Reddit is far from "neutral." There's an incredibly strong bias toward liberal straight white late teen /early 20s STEM-major males, at least in the defaults. Most of the posts that make it to the top of the defaults are those that cater to this demographic.

Yes, posts aren't controlled by corporate agendas to push advertising revenue or whatnot, but posts are controlled by mob-mentality and the general fascination with karma.

All true, and you're right, I was choosing my words carefully. :)

But I would call that more of a core active demographic, rather than a bias. Also, the fact that their userbase can be infinitely sub-reddited and fractured means that pretty much any group you can imagine can form their own area and have conversations about topics that are important to them. In this regard, it's far more relevant that the site as a whole is free from corporate direction than it is that their majority demographic is young to youngish white liberal males.

That's why I can say reddit as a whole is not biased with a straight face, even though by that definition they're not (and that core demographic can be pretty brutal and inflammatory against what they consider to be anything other than their own collective mob opinion). We're both right. :)