PDA

View Full Version : Stoneskin doens't work on Sappers Charge

FreezingPhoenix
05-04-2014, 05:33 AM
I tried to use stoneskin to stop sappers charge, but I could not click on the card during the pass priority. I had enough recources to play it.

EDIT: also isnt playable against bombsmith

f5shooter
05-04-2014, 05:57 AM
I know it doesn't work against any troop effects. Probably not any constants either. The card says interrupt any ACTION targetting you or a troop if I remember right. Meaning it will only interrupt a card labeled as a Quick or Basic action.

Xenavire
05-04-2014, 06:38 AM
It only works on actions (and those are generally only played from the hand.) Any constants, troops, or artifacts will not be stopped by stoneskin.

ossuary
05-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Actions are played exclusively from the hand. Quick Actions and Basic Actions only. Troop abilities, constant abilities, and artifact abilities do not count as actions, therefore Stoneskin can't do anything about them. This is working exactly as expected. :)

Xenavire
05-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Actions are played exclusively from the hand. Quick Actions and Basic Actions only. Troop abilities, constant abilities, and artifact abilities do not count as actions, therefore Stoneskin can't do anything about them. This is working exactly as expected. :)

I have to disagree - yes, all the PvP actions that are out right now are exclusively cast from the hand, but that may not be true forever (and is technically not true when copied from Chimes). We already have confirmation of PvE cards that work differently (Moment of Glory, Void Marauder) and there is the distinct possibility that PvP may get cards similar in the future.

f5shooter
05-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Well, here's a question for ya. What if I have a troop that is gemmed with the "You may play this card any time you can play a quick action."

Does that troop become a "Quick Action" when I play it like that?

Edit: Troops don't really target other troops upon entering so I guess it wouldn't matter as it relates to Stoneskin.

Xenavire
05-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Well, here's a question for ya. What if I have a troop that is gemmed with the "You may play this card any time you can play a quick action."

Does that troop become a "Quick Action" when I play it like that?

Edit: Troops don't really target other troops upon entering so I guess it wouldn't matter as it relates to Stoneskin.

It wouldn't change anything - it is a timing change, not a card type change. A troop (currently) does not turn into an action (though that would be an amazing ability) and the gem only allows a different timing of play. Remember, a normal troop is played at the same speed as a basic action. :)

eimerian
05-05-2014, 12:25 AM
In early spoilers, the ability of Sapper's Charge was in fact a basic action.
Or at least it read [BASIC].
http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Sapper-s-Charge/img/dl_cards/WOStX5D.jpg

I wonder why they silently changed it during alpha.

Gorgol
05-05-2014, 12:27 AM
I wonder why they silently changed it during alpha.

So that you could use it on your opponents turn

ossuary
05-05-2014, 04:22 AM
It was not a Basic Action even then. It was an activated ability that went at Basic speed. There's a difference. A Basic Action is a specific card type.

And like Gorgol said, they changed it so that you could use it on your opponent's turn or during combat or whenever else a quick speed effect could be used.

WildStyle
05-05-2014, 07:00 AM
I am yet to be able to use stoneskin...Whatever might come at me I am never able to play it...

Xenavire
05-05-2014, 07:32 AM
When an action (Basic or quick action, like a murder or ragefire) and it targets your troop, you should be able to use stoneskin.

f5shooter
05-05-2014, 03:28 PM
I am yet to be able to use stoneskin...Whatever might come at me I am never able to play it...

The only semi-tricky part is you have to target the card on the chain. If you have the mana and the threshhold and see Stoneskin "lit up" when they play an action, you just click it and then click the card they played.

ErwinVonRommel
05-09-2014, 09:20 AM
How do charge powers work with this?

Xenavire
05-09-2014, 09:32 AM
How do charge powers work with this?

They shouldn't be affected by stoneskin.

ErwinVonRommel
05-09-2014, 09:38 AM
In Particular the charge power of give target troop -1/-1 . I can see due to the wording how it could go either way, Im sure its mentioned somewhere, but knowing what they are going to call charge powers (action, spell, charge etc.) would be nice.

ossuary
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm pretty sure charge powers are charge powers, their own effect type. They don't count as actions. If any specific charge power lets you use Stoneskin to counter it, I'm betting that's a bug.

ErwinVonRommel
05-09-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm pretty sure charge powers are charge powers, their own effect type. They don't count as actions. If any specific charge power lets you use Stoneskin to counter it, I'm betting that's a bug.

Nope, then we are good, I was wondering if stone skin COULD counter. TY Oss.

GatticusFinch
05-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Don't charge powers say things like [BASIC] on them? That implies it is a Basic Action to me. If it isn't, they should use some other word.

ossuary
05-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Basic in boxquotes denotes the speed at which an effect resolves and / or the time at which it is valid to use. Basic Action and Quick Action are card types. It's not the same thing.