PDA

View Full Version : Darkspire Priestess Bug

Perfectblue
05-04-2014, 09:56 AM
When Darkspire priestess dies according to the card there are two possible outcomes, either she deals 3 damage to each opposing champion OR you may search your deck for another troop with the word "Darkspire" in its name.

Every single time this troop dies it selects another troop with the word "Darkspire" in its name. I have never seen this troop deal the 3 damage. I have played this card extensively.

I have also noticed when this troop is killed in combat, sometimes the effect will not trigger at all. And it simply goes to the graveyard without doing the 3 damage or being able to find another card in the deck. This has happened on multiple occasions where I still have 3x "darkspire priestess" remaining in my deck.

All of these bugs may be directly related to playing the AI, as I am not playing players at this point.

Thanks

ossuary
05-04-2014, 10:08 AM
How many times is extensively? Because I have her and the other Darkspire troop in one of my Orc decks, and she works fine. I've gotten both results multiple times, even during the same game.

nekoangel
05-04-2014, 10:31 AM
im getting both results repeatedly so there ok on my client.
you may just be due a huge amount amount of damage triggers from the law of probability.....

shadealpha
05-04-2014, 10:33 AM
I have also been getting both results. Most the damage result.

Perfectblue
05-04-2014, 10:33 AM
How many times is extensively? Because I have her and the other Darkspire troop in one of my Orc decks, and she works fine. I've gotten both results multiple times, even during the same game.

Ive probably played this card over 50 times. Mostly in AI battles however, not sure if that has any impact on things.

Xenavire
05-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Ive probably played this card over 50 times. Mostly in AI battles however, not sure if that has any impact on things.

Well, I can say I have played it a lot more than that since it was released, including with replicators gambit, and I have 3-4 decks that use it right now - the card works perfectly fine with both effects proccing randomly.

Perfectblue
05-04-2014, 10:59 AM
@Xenavire, does it work fine with the AI as well?

Xenavire
05-04-2014, 11:03 AM
@Xenavire, does it work fine with the AI as well?

Yes. I have never encountered a time where it hasn't been random (I often recurr the same copy from the graveyard, and see different results.)

Eierdotter
05-04-2014, 11:22 AM
out of about 30 times i had the effect happen
only 2 times i searched a card, the other times it dealt 3 damage

Perfectblue
05-05-2014, 06:12 AM
I have also noticed when this troop is killed in combat, sometimes the effect will not trigger at all. And it simply goes to the graveyard without doing the 3 damage or being able to find another card in the deck.

Xenavire
05-05-2014, 06:28 AM
I have also noticed when this troop is killed in combat, sometimes the effect will not trigger at all. And it simply goes to the graveyard without doing the 3 damage or being able to find another card in the deck.

If there are no targets in the deck, then it will have a 50% chance to do nothing at all (since it can't create another copy out of thin air.) Perfectly normal behaviour.

Perfectblue
05-05-2014, 06:35 AM
If there are no targets in the deck, then it will have a 50% chance to do nothing at all (since it can't create another copy out of thin air.) Perfectly normal behaviour.

Except this was a turn 2 drop and killed on turn 3. There were 3 other copies in my deck.

Xenavire
05-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Except this was a turn 2 drop and killed on turn 3. There were 3 other copies in my deck.

Well, that is a strange one, no other abilities that might have seemed like it did nothing? Lifegain on the opponents side, etc?

FlyingMeatchip
05-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Both here too.

Barkam
05-05-2014, 09:46 PM
There is a UI bug that doesn't update your UI to show that it indeed hit the opponent's champion. So it looks like Darkspire Priestess didn't do anything at all. My opponent did confirm that his champ took 3 damage.

Xexist
05-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Ive played this card a fair bit and I do have to say it seems like I dig through my deck and pick another card out after it dies about 80% of the time. I realize that it could just be luck, but after seeing this thread the other day I have been waiting to see it deal damage, and havent noticed it do so yet. So, maybe its possible its not 50-50 as its supposed to be?

I mean I realize it could just likely be the RNG messing with me but still